Double M is My Man

By EndlessImagination

What's the cherry on top with being in love with your best friend? That he works part-time as Double M: a su... More

~ 1 ~
~ 2 ~
~ 3 ~
~ 4 ~
~ 5 ~
~ 6 ~
~ 7 ~
~ 8 ~
~ 9 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ 24 ~
~ 25 I ~
~ 25 II ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 I ~
~ 28 II ~
~ 28 III ~
Epilogue

~ 19 ~

313 22 18
By EndlessImagination

"Reece..."

On a normal, given day, Mrs. Layman's biology class can clear out in under a minute. Being the fourth and last period of the day, once the bell rings, signalling the end of the day, everyone wants to leave school grounds as fast as humanly possible. Before all the unnecessary drama began, turning our life into a soap opera, Reece and I would race each other to see who'd be the first one out of Mrs. Layman's door.

Unless there was a breathtaking cheerleader near by, I would typically lose the challenge.

Now, on a horrible monday, Reece and I are both losing, neither one of us wants to move from our seats. There is mad movement everywhere in front of us from other students who are hurrying out of the bio room. A few students take their time, discussing with their friends about who knows what. I can barely focus on anything except the handsome man sitting beside me.

My attention is on him.

His attention is on our substitute teacher.

I'm going to kill him.

Those words ring through my mind, sending me into panic mode. When Reece said them during class, I assumed he was speaking out of anger and that he didn't really imply that he wants to murder Mr. Caraveo.

Now, I'm having second thoughts. I eye Reece, noticing how tense his body is and how his thin, predatory pupils are locked target on his prey.

He's really going to kill him.

He didn't even seem to hear me when I called his name in a failed attempt to distract him from his lethal thoughts.

"Yo, Zada!"

As much as I don't want to look away from Reece in fear that he might commit an act of murder if I lose sight of him, I can't just down right ignore Bailey. So, cautiously, I turn my head in the direction of the classroom door, finding Bailey and Charlie.

"You coming?"

I shake my head warily, "um... I have some questions for... Mr. Caraveo," I tell Bailey, struggling to say my shooters name. "I'll catch up with you later."

Bailey shrugs her shoulders. She's used to my goody two shoes personality. It's not like I've never stayed behind class to discuss with Mrs. Layman about projects, tests, or other bio related topics.

I've just never stayed behind to talk with a substitute teacher.

"Cool, I'll see you at my apartment then," Bailey replies and leaves the classroom with Charlie who doesn't mind. It appears he's managed to befriend not only me but Bailey as well. Guess Bailey and I are going to be a trio now with our new British pal.

I release a breath of relief, happy that Bailey has left the classroom. I don't want her anywhere near Mr. Caraveo. Bio class is long enough for any of us to be in his vicinity. I also don't want Bailey in a small, cramped room with an out of control, livid Double M.

Standing near the door, about to join her girlfriend, stands Chasity. She stares at Reece's rigid form and raises an eyebrow. Cameron is the other last person left in the room and he's also watching Reece cautiously. He wants to say something to Reece but is interrupted.

"Can I help the Super Trio with anything or can the three of you leave so I can have a little chat with the ever so lovely, Zada Porter."

My blood turns a couple degrees cooler because of Mr. Caraveo's sentence. Not only did the man reveal to all of us that he knows the identity of all the members of the Super Trio but he also wants to talk with me alone. My shooter has no idea that he just dug himself a grave.

"You're not going anywhere near her," Reece growls and becomes a blur. He uses his speed, taking Cameron by surprise, and attacks Mr. Caraveo before Cameron could have a chance to stop him.

Reece grabs Mr. Caraveo by the neck. With just one arm, Reece picks the man up, swings him up in the air, and crashes Mr. Caraveo against Mrs. Layman's desk. The desk gives out from the sheer force and tumbles down, along with Mr. Caraveo.

Reece still maintains his hold on Mr. Caraveo's neck, pushing our substitute teachers further down into the cracked desk.

Cameron curses under his breath and runs over to Reece.

Chasity also reacts immediately, shutting the classroom door and locking it before any eye witnesses could emerge.

I remain seated in my seat, at the back of the class; too frozen to even budge. Never seeing Reece act so violently with such pure hatred radiating off of him, I don't know what to do.

Should I scream bloody murder?

Though, murder is definitely the path Reece is currently on, I doubt my loud, piercing scream would be of any help. Sure, it would stop Reece in his tracks seeing as his sensitive hearing would surely not be a fan of my screaming but I would also put anybody standing outside near our bio class door on alert. Right now, Fortis and Invisi-Girl need to calm Double M down instead of dealing with a teacher or student who wants to come into the room.

So I stay still, watching the scene unfold with wide eyes, capturing every detail.

Cameron makes it over to Reece as fast as he could. He's not as fast as Reece, allowing me to actually see Cameron run instead of blur like with Reece. Cameron attempts to grab Reece's arm that is pinning down our substitute teacher but Reece was expecting Cameron to make a move. Before Cameron could even lay a finger on Reece, Reece kicks Cameron in the stomach with his leg. Using his speed, everything was too fast for my eyes.

All I could see was Cameron charging at Reece then Cameron flying away from Reece's kick, heading in the direction of where Chasity is standing.

Thankfully, Chasity quickly dodges Cameron, falling to the side so that Cameron could fly over her and slam into the wall right beside the classroom door.

The wall dented from impact and Cameron fell down to the floor, groaning softly.

"Shit, Reece! Was that necessary?" Chasity whisper-shouts, making sure to keep her voice down while keeping some intensity in her tone.

Reece glances up at Chasity for a second.

It was just a split second but that short amount of time was enough of a distraction for Mr. Caraveo. The man who shot me takes hold of Reece's arm while, at the same time, bends his legs and places his feet under Reece's stomach. Then, Mr. Caraveo uses strength I never thought he possessed and flings Reece over the broken desk.

Reece smacks against the first lab desk but is back on his feet before I could even blink.

His chest trembles as he releases a dangerously low growl.

Mr. Caraveo mimics Reece and growls back, silencing everyone in the room.

Did our substitute teacher just let out an animalistic growl; the kind of growl only Reece can make? I glance over and lock eyes with Chasity's green ones. The two of us share the same confusion.

Beside Chasity, Cameron is getting back on his feet, ready to attack at any given moment. He's eyes never leave Mr. Caraveo's but my shooter couldn't care less about the potential threat like Cameron.

Mr. Caraveo's is staring at me. I lean back in my seat when I meet those grey eyes again. A chill runs through my body from the emotionless stare from Mr. Caraveo. He doesn't show any feelings; he just stands still, reminding me of a robot.

Reece growls again. He's on high alert and ready to pounce his prey any second now. "Don't you dare look at her."

Mr. Caraveo, still somewhat on guard, scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Possessive, are we now?" He asks curiously and grins. Mr. Caraveo looks away from me so that he can confidently stare into the eyes of Double M.

"I found your weakness."

I suck in a breath, taken back by Mr. Caraveo's revelation. I hear Chasity and Cameron curse under their breaths.

Then I hear Reece roar. He can't control his anger nor does he want to. Reece gives in to his rage and morphs into a white tiger, shredding his clothes in the process.

Oh snap!

I jump out of my seat, moving back to create some space between me and the fight zone. There's nothing I can do now to stop this. Reece wants blood.

And I hope Cameron's strong enough to intervene before the fight can actually begin.

Mr. Caraveo, seeing Reece shift into an animal, laughs darkly. Confirming his discovery, Mr. Caraveo is radiating with a sense of accomplishment. My substitute teachers is not phased by the fact there is a tiger aiming its claws at him.

In fact, Mr. Caraveo laughs some more, making his body shake. This sort of action makes the guy look coo-coo. Why on earth is Mr. Caraveo shaking so badly? Our given situation is not that funny.

I've seen funnier.

Reece, having enough of Mr. Caraveo, uses his hind legs to push himself off the ground and towards the laughing man. Mr. Caraveo, dodges Reece's attack gracefully, making it look easy. If it weren't for the fact that my shooter is still having a laughing spasm, he would have looked cool avoiding his death. But Mr. Caraveo is still laughing, possibly even more then before and his body is shaking furiously.

What the...

It's a good thing my eyes were wide open because if they weren't, then I'd have a hard time believe the events that took place next. I wouldn't believe if Chasity and Cameron told me that Mr. Caraveo shifted into a black panther.

The room is still. No one dares to make a single move. I'm even holding my breath, staring at the two dangerous animals that are circling each other. Reece keeps his composure; if he's just as surprise as Cameron, Chasity, and I, he doesn't show it. The captivating tiger stalks the lethal panther. The two predators are eager to find out which of the two is the ultimate alpha.

Or so I thought.

Just when I assumed that the fight was imminent, Mr. Caraveo took me by surprise, yet again. I barely had enough time to compose myself after witnessing Mr. Caraveo change from a man to the very monster he is.

The panther bolted for the window and before any of us could react, the beast threw itself at the window, shattering the glass. Though Mr. Caraveo didn't plummet to the ground (like I might have hoped). Instead, he morphed into an eagle and flew away.

He escaped.

All I can do is make sure that I don't drool from having my mouth open wide due to shock. My eyes are starting to sting, begging me to final blink them. With all the quick paced action and intensity, I didn't want to miss any of it. Now, my poor eyes are paying the price.

Yet, I still can't believe I have witnessed Mr. Caraveo display the same capability as Reece. My substitute teacher can morph his body into different animals.

"Shit!"

I snap out of my trance to find Cameron running for the broken window. He ignores the shattered glass because his attention is all on the tiger that is about to jump out of the same window as the panther did.

"Reece, stop! Stop, dammit!" Cameron shouts and tackles the tiger. Reece roars in protest but doesn't attack. He wouldn't hurt his ally but that doesn't mean Reece will just let Cameron have the best of him.

Reece attempts to shake Cameron off of him by slamming Cameron into the nearest lab desk. Cameron, refusing to give up, wraps his arms tightly around the tiger's body and tries to ground his feet on the floor. The two superheros brawl it out, neither one of them backing down while, at the same time, playing it safe. Reece doesn't want to scratch or bite Cameron. Cameron doesn't want to break Reece's rib cage.

"We have to do something," I tell Chasity after finally finding my voice.

"Already on it!" The blonde cheerleader of Beacon High lifts the nearest chair and chucks it at the two supers. The object sores across the room and smacks Cameron and Reece.

That grabs their attention. The man and tiger snap their heads in Chasity's direction; both of them are sending her disapproving glares. Chasity is unaffected by them. "You two needa get your shits together. We got a threat on the run and Zada, here, whose on the brink of fainting."

I want to argue with her that I'm actually feeling fine if it weren't for my fidgeting hands and my jelly legs. I really my just collapse on this ground.

It's starting to look quite comfy from where I'm standing.

Reece and Cameron quickly sobered up. Cameron loosens his hold on the white tiger, allowing the animal to shake him off. The white tiger's brown eyes land on me. It's thin pupils widen slightly in worry at the sight of me. Carefully, not to freak me out, Reece approaches me. Given that his clothes are ruined, Reece can't shift back to his human form unless he wants me faint from the sight of his mouth watering six pack and his package.

I would surely get a nose bleed from the sight of a naked Reece.

Reece pauses when he's almost at my side. Wanting him near me, I reach out my hand, and Reece understands my signal immediately. He removes the distance between us just as my knees buckles and give out. I manage to fall softly and use Reece's furry back for support. I lean my head on his tiger body and sigh in content, feeling my circulation slowly return back to normal.

"What are we going to do?" Chasity asks, exasperated.

I remain silent, having nothing to say because I have no idea what to do next. All I need, right now, is to calm down. Luckily, my hands stopped shaking. I use them to comfort Reece by running my fingers through is soft white and black fur.

Cameron takes the lead. "Reece and I will track down Mr. Caraveo while you, Chasity, take care of this mess." The leader of the Super Trio waves his hands around the room where there are cracked desks, fallen chairs, and not to mention, a massive dent in the wall that Cameron used as a landing pad. "I hope your pops can handle this."

"He's handled a lot worse," Chasity clarifies while already texting furiously on her phone. Once she's down typing her message, ten seconds later, Chasity walks over to me. "I'll take her from here, Reece."

Reece huffs and snuggles into me one last time. I use his back as a brace, lifting myself back on my feet that are now perfectly steady. Just to stay on the safe side, Chasity reaches out and grabs my upper arm gently. We walk towards the door to the classroom, away from the man and tiger.

"Don't kill him," Chasity orders when we have reached the door. She gives only Reece a warning glare. "I'm serious, Reece. We need to question and study him. There shouldn't be anyone else in this universe with your abilities and the fact that there is, is concerning."

The only response Chasity receives from the beautiful white tiger is an annoyed rumble of his chest. Then, Reece jumps out of the window, shifts into a hawk, and flies after the eagle. Hopefully. Reece can track the monster who shot me.

"Don't worry, Chas. That's why I'm coming with him." Cameron calmly states, already at the broken window, wearing his Fortis mask. He's the only super who carries around his hero outfit. Chasity and Reece refuse to admit their wearing a superhero costume so Cameron came up with a different name.

At least hero outfit sounds like some wicked fashion statement.

"Make sure you watch him and not some random hot dude crossing the street." Cameron laughs at Chasity but doesn't reply. Instead, he jumps out of the three story window to begin his chase after not one, but two birds.

He will definitely be an odd sight to pedestrians. It's not every day someone sees the heroic Fortis running after a bald eagle and hawk.

It's also not everyday you find out that your substitute teacher is your shooter and an animal shifter. But sometimes life decides to rust on you and all you can do is madly attempt to scrub it off before the rust can ruin your life permanently.

Wow, I should become a poet.

"Come on, let's go." Chasity says, tugging on my arm. She begins to open the door and I brace myself mentally for the on slaughter of curious students and teachers who will be eager to know what caused Mrs. Layman's biology classroom to look worse than a house after a high school party.

Except, when Chasity fully swung opened the door, we were greeted with an empty hallway.

Where did everyone go.

"My father had the fire alarm activated. We have roughly five minutes to leave the school before firefighters arrive on scene." Chasity explains, pulling me faster down the hallway, towards the stair well.

"What does your father do?" I question. Chasity could have meant that her father was in the area near by and ran over here to pull the fire alarm but that highly unlikely. The man, whoever he is, had contacts and that is making me curious.

Chasity doesn't act nervous of scared whatsoever. She maintains her calm persona as she hauls me down the stairs to the main floor of Beacon High. "Right now, what my father does is unimportant. We need to get you Bailey's."

"Shouldn't I be going home, instead?" I counter but continue to follow Chasity when she starts to walk in the direction of Bailey's apartment complex.

Chasity shakes your head. "We need to assume that Mr. Caraveo knows where you live. Besides, you promised Bailey you'd hang out with her."

"And Mr. Caraveo was right there when I did," I remind her. Bailey shouted out in class, right in front of my shooter, to meet her after school. Mr. Caraveo will know that I'm with her.

Chasity remains unconcerned. "But he doesn't know where she lives."

He better not.

=====* * *=====

"It has been announced yesterday evening by Melinda Chang, CEO of Purity, that the company will be donating fifteen million dollars to every single children's hospital across the country. The money will be used to improve the living conditions for patients including installing Netflix to every t.v. monitor and building a massive indoor playground. Purity aims to complete this project within the year and..."

I would have loved to hear more of the news coverage if Bailey didn't decide to fast forward at that exact moment. "Seriously, Bay?"

Sitting on the other couch across from me, Bailey uses her girlfriend as a cushion. "I hold the remote, therefore I wield the power." My friend emphasizes her point by swinging the remote in her hands like Thor's mighty hammer. "Besides, I want to show you the cannibal homeless man I was telling you about, not how amazing of a company Purity is."

"Purity has donated more in one year than any other company has done in five. Not even McDonalds can compete with Purity." Chasity informs her girlfriend.

Bailey rolls her eyes, unimpressed by Chasity's trivia. "Yah, yah! The great biological and chemical engineering industry responsible for numerous medicines and what not. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a corrupt corporation. Their just better at hiding it than others."

Bailey was never a fan of our capitalistic world.

"At least they give back to communities; that's a way better story then your drug overdosed homeless man." I reply back sourly. I can't help but feel on edge. Three hours has past since Chasity and I arrived at Bailey's door.

Three hours since we've last seen Cameron and Reece.

"Hey! Fred is an innocent victim who didn't deserve to suffer the influence of drugs. He was not himself when he decided to eat his fellow homeless bro." Bailey defends while she continues to fast forward through her news recordings.

It still baffles me that my close friend actually records the news on a daily basis. "I though you said the homeless man's name was Jared."

Bailey gives me an annoyed stare, clearly unimpressed with me correcting her. She mumbles a 'whatever' under her breath. "I still think Reece is a druggie."

Chasity, who has been ignoring my rambling with Bailey, decides to join in on the conversation. "Wait, you think Reece does drugs?"

Bailey nods her head.

"Like the Reece Castellano, Reece."

Bailey nods her head.

"The guy I faked a relationship with?"

Bailey nods her head yet again but with a hint of jealousy this time displayed in her eyes. Even though Chasity and Reece were dating just for show, it was still to watch our high school's 'it' couple attract everyone's attention. I now know that Bailey felt the same way I did.

Chasity gives her girlfriend a dull look. "What have you been smoking?"

"How else can you explain him rejecting the girl he's been in love with since f*ckin' elementary school?!" Bailey blurts out, gearing herself up to defend her accusation.

But it's her accusation that caught me off guard. Literally.

I actually fell off my couch, snapping the two lesbians out of their own bubble and back to the living room where they weren't alone.

"Did you just say elementary school?" I ask from the ground. I'm still in too much of a trance to try and order my limbs to move. Bailey didn't say Reece had feelings for me for that long.

That would mean he loved me first.

Chasity gives Bailey a glare that says it all. Bailey blew it.

"Way to go, babe."

Bailey's cheeks turn pink and she sheepishly laughs, avoiding any eye contact with me. Given that I'm still position on the ground, laying right across it, Bailey will have an easy time avoiding my scrutinizing eyes.

"Bay..." I say, wanting to ask her if what she said was true.

But Chasity's ringtone butts in to spare Bailey who releases a sigh of relief at the noise of her lover's cell phone. Chasity rolls her eyes and reads her new text. "My dad took care of our little issue at school," she states calmly.

Thank goodness I decided to stay on the floor. Otherwise, I would have fallen off of the couch all over again.

"What issue?" Bailey asks.

I gulp nervously. Chasity accidentally revealed a tiny piece of information to Bailey. Bailey's not supposed to know what happened with Mr. Caraveo. She doesn't even know Chasity is apart of the Super Trio. I don't think she'll be able to process every detail about the super hero world.

Chasity won't spill the beans, right?

"Turns out that Mr. Caraveo is a super villain," Chasity informs Bailey like it's no big deal.

I'm just glad that I remained on the floor.

"Why'd you tell her!" I yell, freaking out. Bailey is gonna freak out. Either that or she'll think Chasity is on drugs.

"Relax, Zada. Bailey knows everything about me." Chasity tells me.

I instantly sit up, my eyes darting towards Bailey who is mirroring my reaction.

"You knew!" Bailey and I scream at the same time. The two of us are just as much shocked as the other.

"Two of you know different sides of the coin. Bailey knows one half of my secret and you, Zada, know the other." Chasity explains indifferently, shrugging her shoulders.

"What does that supposed to mean?!" I demand. Is Chasity having some sort of poetic moment?

Invisi-Girl decides to inspect her nails. "That means the two of you should sit down together and have a nice, long chat. Tell each other your half of the coin." Chasity gets up from the couchs abruptly, causing Bailey to tip over. Baileys grumbles in protest but Chasity ignores her. Instead, Chasity walks away towards Bailey's room, leaving Bailey and I in peace to have our discussion.

Yah...Chasity is going through a poetic phase.

__________

So...any thoughts? Surpised about Mr. Caraveo? Bailey? I hope so and if not, your just really great at figuring out story plots. Pat yourself on the back.

I'm super super thrilled at the voting and commenting you guys are giving me. I hope you know that I love to read your comments and reply back to them. I get ridiculously happy when I see the votes and I'm so grateful for them. That being said, a quick shout out to @baby_girl5. Thanks for all your voting!

I hope your all looking forward to the next chapter like I am!

~Till Next Time!

P.S. A pic of the beautiful Zada up at the top! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477 11 51
After finding himself waking up in a pile of trash in a dark alley, a young teenage boy discovered he has power. Many, many powers in facts; the powe...
750K 34.8K 86
Champion City, one of the greatest hotspots for superheroes and supervillains ever since thirty years ago, when super-powered individuals started to...
Dylan By Cosmo

Teen Fiction

186 52 15
"Do you know this feeling of whatever you do, you're going to fuck it? For me, it's not a feeling it's my day-to-day. Hooking up with someone older...
333K 28.2K 35
[THIS IS AN OLD DRAFT. Please read the rewrite that is currently up on my profile] ............ "Look, man, I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to rob the...