Shortie - Jayson Tatum

بواسطة DaveIsFave

Naomi is an athletic trainer for the Charlotte Hornets. How does she juggle her busy career and love? Follow... المزيد

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Thirty Two.
Thirty Three.
Thirty Four.
Thirty Five.
Thirty Six.
Thirty Seven.
Thirty Eight.
Thirty Nine.
Forty.
Forty One.
Forty Two.
Forty Three.
Forty Four.
Forty Five.
Forty Six.
Forty Seven.
Forty Eight.
Fifty.
Fifty One.
Fifty Two.
Fifty Three
Fifty Four.
Fifty Five.
Fifty Six.

Forty Nine.

3.8K 142 41
بواسطة DaveIsFave

Hi darlings. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and mother figures. 💐

JT went off today, didn't he? I know Ella just a cheesing. Shoot I would be too.

Quick disclaimer. There are some time skips, one being as soon as your read. I'm just trying to move us along.

Hope you enjoy the chapter and excuse any mistakes.

Naomi's POV

October: 30 weeks

I turned up the volume in my car when the next song came on. I did not play this specifically. It just came on.

"Going nowhere fast we've reached the climax. We're together now we're undone. Won't commit so we choose to run away. Do we separate? Oh! Don't wanna give in so we both gave up. Can't take it back, it's too late, we've reached the climax."

Coincidences, am I right? It's a good song. Usher ate.

When I got to my destination, I checked the time and sat for a minute or two before getting out. Journey is really heavy. I get tired thinking about getting up.

My phone vibrated as I walked to my appointment. "Wassup?"

"You make it to your appointment?"

"Yeah."

"On time?" I heard the knowing tone in his voice.

I opened the entrance and continued to the front desk. "I'm pregnant."

"I know that. I was there when it happened." Jayson said.

"I'm only a couple minutes late." I smiled at the nurse behind the counter. "Hold on a second." I told him and checked in before taking a seat. "Ok I may have overslept and sat in the car for a couple minutes before coming in."

"I told you to go to bed early but you wanted to keep watching tv."

"I know, I know. How's Charlotte?"

"Fine. I got practice at noon so I'm chillin."

"You miss your babies yet?"

"I always miss them. I always miss you too but we beefin right now so.." I know he shrugged.

"We're not beefin Jay. We're just..." I trailed off.

"Exactly." He chuckled. "It's cool. We'll figure out what's next later. Whether that's together or apart."

"You sound like you're getting used to the idea." I played with the end of my shirt.

"I don't want to but it is what it is. At the end of the day you're the mother to my kids. You stuck with me whether you like it or not lil nigga."

I lightly smiled and let out a little chuckle. "Yeah."

I guess you're wondering what happened after our last conversation. Oddly enough, nothing. I got back home that evening, we put the kids to bed and sat down.

We both agreed we'd put the conversation on hold. Being that our last pregnancy was rough and everything that happened with Cam, we figured keeping my stress level down would be best.

He suggested he move out of our bedroom and now he sleeps in one of the guest rooms unless Deuce comes home then he'll sleep with me. We don't want to stress him out or worry him either. Especially because we don't know what our future holds.

And maybe putting it off isn't a good idea for others but it's been working for us thus far. It's not awkward, no hostility. It's been great. It's giving Juan and his roommate from real housewives of Potomac.

"Naomi." I looked up at the nurse and followed her to the back. "Dr.Parker will be right in."

"Ok thank you." I said to her then spoke to Jayson. "Switch to FaceTime." I told him after she checked my vitals.

I answered and set him on the counter. I stood to the side so he could see the bump. "Damn turn around a little bit."

"Oh you see me? I'm getting thick?" I stuck my tongue out and smiled. "I gotta look good for my new man." He straight faced me. "And you know what? That wasn't even cool and I take it back. My bad bruh."

"Nah it's cool. I'm getting thick too." He pulled the waistband of his shorts up and took a peek. "Gotta make sure he ready for my new girl."

I squinted and probed my cheek with my tongue. "Well played Tatum. Well played."

"Oh you don't want nobody taking what's yours. Nae I've already told you, you can come get it when you want." He licked his bottom lip then bit it.

"Why do you do this?" I got out of view of the camera trying to dead my smile.

"Because you're easily flustered. It's cute." I came back into view and didn't say anything. "What was your blood pressure?"

"118 over 78." I turned to my side to admire my belly since there wasn't a mirror in here.

"Good."

"Did you just take a picture of me?" I put my hands to my side and looked at him.

"Yup." He took another one. "I take one every time I can't come to your appointment but you always too busy flapping them gums to notice. You love talking to me."

"I do." I picked my phone up and laid down on the table. "You're my best friend."

"I know." He rolled his eyes playfully. "I got a question."

"What?"

"Would you have more kids if you found someone else?"

"No. I have two boys and a girl. I'm set and I'm going to be honest, the dating pool for me will be dry. Guys don't like women with kids."

"Neither do women."

"Yes but I feel like you'd have a better chance than me. You're very attractive, rich, and the girlies love an athlete."

"So are you. You're attractive, rich and you're active. Your body is sickening."

Why does he insist on making me blush? "Rich is a stretch. I'll be well off."

"Well taken care of. I got you until the next guy."

"You don't have to do that Bubba. I'll be fine. Will you have more babies?"

"Hell no. I got 4 kids. 3 of which I'm betting on having the same appetite as me as they grow. And a little girl that comes from your high maintenance ass? They're going to make my pockets hurt. I'm straight. Plus 2 baby mommas is already pushing it but 3? You're in the hood now baby." He said the last part like lil Kim.

When our laughter died down, I looked at him. "You think you'll be able to let me go?" I asked softly.

His eyes softened and he gave me a light smile before shaking his head. "Don't make me answer that baby."

It appeared that he was going to ask me the same question but Dr.Parker came in. "Hello, hello." She greeted and we continued with my appointment.

——————

November 4th: 32 weeks

"Hi." I waved at the flight attendant who greeted me when I got on. "Oh wow." I said when I saw the setup. "This is so nice."

"Jayson ate this the fuck up." Jasmine said from behind me. "Brandon better come correct for my birthday."

I went over to a note and I smiled. "Aw Jay." I poked my bottom lip out at the heartfelt card then ate a strawberry.

My birthday is tomorrow and Jayson set up my flight and hotel. All by himself because he asked me if he could. It's only the beginning but I'm already smiling.

"I'm just glad you invited me. A few days away from my man and work? Count me in." Taylor said and took a seat.

Ask Jayson and Taylor is a new friend. She's not new to us but to him yeah. Jasmine and I befriended her back in school. Recently she moved back to Charlotte and now we're here. A very nice and genuine person.

"Take a seat. My baby is tired." Jasmine said to me and rested her hand on my belly.

We buckled up and when we got in the air I took my seatbelt off and went to the bed I was eyeing. This flight is 6 hours and that's plenty of time for a nap.

"Wait." I sniffed the pillow again. "How?" I asked myself and cuddled up with it. It smells just like Jayson and that warmed my heart.

I went to sleep peacefully and when we arrived in Las Vegas I got excited. Why? I'm in Vegas yes but I'm going to see my R&B boo. Usher Raymond. That's what I wanted to do for my birthday. Go see my man in concert and my husband made it happen.

The driver took us to the hotel. Something Jayson also set up, our transportation. He's outdoing himself. We got to the hotel and I walked up to the front.

"Hi welcome in. What's the name?"

"Naomi Tatum." I said. We checked in and we got 2 different key cards. "I guess birthday girl gets her own room. At least we're....not on the same floor." I trailed off when I realized our room numbers.

"Of course he doesn't book 3 rooms and puts us on different floors." Jasmine joked and we headed to our room. We checked out theirs then they rode with me up to mine.

"Ok this is me." I mumbled and unlocked the door. Stepping in I was shocked. "Oh my gosh."

"Remind me why you want a divorce?" Jasmine whispered to me as she walked further into the room.

Not entertaining her question, I went to explore. The room is huge and the view is breathtaking. He really set all this up for me.

When I went to the bedroom there were decorations and a few gifts. Another note sat with a specific group of gifts.

I picked something nice for
you to wear tonight.
Hope you like it. Be ready by 7:30.

Love,
Your Jayson

He's been leaving little notes like this all day. This set of gifts included a black dress, heels, jewelry and even my perfume.

"Again, please tell me-"

"Enough Jasmine." I stopped her from continuing with a tap to her arm. "Um I guess we'll disperse for a little bit. According to this note, we should be ready by 7:30. You guys can come back here so we can get dressed together if you want but it's up to you."

We agreed to meet back up and I went to take another nap. I'm telling you, Journey is wearing me out but I'm embracing this experience. She's my last one and I cannot wait to meet her.

"Let me stop saying that before she comes early." I laughed to myself.

I laid in bed for a little bit before calling Jayson. "What you want?" He answered my FaceTime.

"Uh uh. Don't act like that when you been doing cute stuff all day."

"You talk the most shit but steady calling me. I can't even leave the house before you ringing my line."

"Be quiet." I laughed because the other day I did in fact call him after he left the house just to talk. What? I was bored.

"You like everything so far?"

"Love it. You doing the damn thing."

"Well thank you. I try. Now did you need something?"

"Not really. You want to see the room?" I stood up preparing to show him around.

"I'd love to but we're about to get something to eat. Haven't eaten all day. I saw the pictures online though. I know it's nice. Enjoy your night baby and I'll be sure to call you after. I love you." He blew me a kiss and hung up before I could respond.

I called Miss.Brandy and showed her around before I talked to the little ones for a little. I did end up taking me a nap but it was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Looking through the peephole I see a few girls. "Hey." I said when I opened the door.

"Hi Naomi, right?"

"Yes?" I looked at them confused.

"It's time to get you glammed girl." One of the girls held up her makeup bag.

"Jayson." I said and opened the door for them.

"Yes ma'am." She said confirming it was Jayson who set this up. "You want to call your friends to come up?"

"Yeah. I'll be right back. I want to prep my face and brush my teeth."

"Ok we'll set up."

I called my girls and they came to the room and I tried to call Jayson but he texted me instead saying to stop calling him and that I was close to being on his blocked list.

The glam squad got us together and then we got dressed. By 7:30 we were ready. Me and my belly were looking amazing. I took a few pictures and sent them to Jayson. You know, so he could see the look all together.

"You look so cute." Taylor said as the three of us walked to the truck.

"Thank you and thanks again guys for coming with me."

"Oh it's no problem. You know I love me a good girls trip." Jasmine said.

Soon we got to the venue and we went to the bar. I got me a water while they got drinks. Boy I wish I could get buzzed because we know Usher will put you in a mood.

When the show started, we sung our hearts out and danced. I haven't had this much fun in a while. Today can't get any better.

I lied. Usher started walking in the crowd and stood near us. "I heard it was someone's birthday in here." He said and looked around before spotting me. "Is it you?"

"Tomorrow." I said all shy. Chile this man is so handsome.

"Well then happy birthday." He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "There goes my baby." He sung while looking at me.

Baybaaayyy when he sung that first line, I almost needed a seat. I felt like that girl on the five heartbeats.

"Loving everything you do. Ou girl look at you." He turned me around by my hand and the finest man caught my eye.

Sorry Mr.Raymond but this man takes the cake.

My arms went around Jayson's neck as he held me, holding the flowers he got me. He left a kiss on my neck before I moved back to give him a proper kiss, then hugged him again.

"You don't know how good it feels to call you my girl." Jay sung lowly in my ear and I could have melted.

It's like we were the only two in the room and Usher sung for only us. This night has been amazing and I'm already having a great birthday.

When the song was over, Jayson dapped up Usher and he went on with the show. "Did you two know about this?" I asked Jasmine and Taylor.

"I didn't." Taylor said.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Jas says and sips her drink, as her and Jayson did their handshake.

My Boo came on and both of us sung to each other. "It started when we were younger you were mine. My boo." I sang while recording us.

Nah this night and birthday has been one for the books. Jayson really showed out and I'm so grateful.

The night ended and we were actually able to talk to Usher backstage. He's so nice and down to earth. We took a few pictures then headed back to the hotel.

We stopped on the girls floor and the both of them looked over their shoulder at me with a smirk.

"Goodnight." Jasmine said in a teasing voice. All I did was chuckle. She's so funny.

"Do you think you can carry me? Or I'm too heavy now?" Without a word he picked me up with no problem. "He's a good man Savannah."

"Yeah he is." He chuckled and took me to my room.

He gently placed me on the couch and I lifted my foot for him to take my heels off. He did but not without placing a kiss on each foot. He held eye contact with me while he did it.

He stood up straight and extended his hand to me. "Come on."

Without a second thought I grabbed his hand and he took me to the room. When we got in there, everything moved slow with us. There was no rush. We took our time and the tension was already there.

I felt his breath on the back of my neck as he slowly unzipped me. Surprisingly a moan slipped out and he hadn't even done anything. Am I embarrassed? Absolutely not.

He backed me into the floor to ceiling window in the room and slowly peeled the dress off of me, along with my bra. When it hit the floor I shimmied out of my panties and he took a step back to admire me.

Now that made me nervous. I don't know why. Was it the silence or the way his eyes ran over my body? Or was is both?

He got on his knees in front of me and placed my leg on his shoulder before diving in. My hand rested on the top of his head.

"Jayson." I moaned softly and tried to look down but Miss belly was in the way.

He let out satisfied grunts that sent vibrations through me. Once I orgasmed, he led me to the bed as we engaged in a kiss.

When I was comfortable, he stood back and stripped slowly for me. He exudes confidence and it is the sexiest thing ever.

When his dick sprung out of his briefs, my eyes met his and it let me know he's ready to sex me into oblivion.

Because Jayson is an amazing man, he let me pick our position. Being that I'm so far in this pregnancy, missionary is off the table.

We got into one of his favorite positions, on our sides. Remember way back when, when I said I hated it? Yeah not anymore. Because he's a great learner, he knows exactly what I like.

I've done my homework as well. He taught me what he likes when I ride and we've been passing each session with flying colors.

As soon as he entered I felt like I was already going to cum. He moaned in my ear and it made me drop even more. I love hearing his pleasure.

I wanted to try getting on top but that didn't last long. "Too deep." I said and couldn't find a comfortable spot.

"I'm too big?" He smirked and moved his eyebrows up and down.

"Shut up." I laughed and he pulled me to the edge of the bed and turned me on my side while he stood up.

From there I stood up and let him get it from behind, then we went over to the window and he fucked me against that too. The night ended very well.

"Happy birthday boo." He mumbled against my lips after we were comfortable in bed.

"Thank you daddy. For everything." I whispered and cuddled into him. "I love you Jay."

"I love you more." He left a sweet kiss on my forehead.

Best birthday ever.

Jayson's POV

"How long is Naomi here for?" Grant asked as we left the Crypto arena.

"She leave the day after tomorrow." I got her tickets to come see me for my game against the Lakers for her birthday.

"How was her birthday? I know she had a ball."

"Oh she had a ball- never mind." My internal thoughts wanted to make a statement. All I was going to say is she had a ball alright. But that's something for me to know only.

Speaking of, she was waiting for me in the tunnel. I kissed her and we held hands as we walked to the SUV waiting for us.

"Good game tonight."

"We lost."

"I know that. You still played well. Better than your last few games."

"Thank you."

I stole a few glances at her and there's something she wants to say. I can just tell.

"You want to tell me now or later?" I asked.

"Damn I'm that easy to read?" I nod. "When we get to the room."

Once we got in the room, we got ready for bed and she laid down while I lotioned her belly. "I got a job offer." She revealed and I could tell she was happy but there was something else.

Fear? Nerves? I'm not sure but I see it.

"That's good baby. Great. You've been saying you want to get back into it. I'm happy for you. For real. Where is it?"

She gave me small smile but I saw the nervousness. "Here."

I slowly stood up straight and looked at her. "Here? As in Los Angeles?" She nodded. "Again, that's great but why would you apply somewhere across the country?"

"I didn't. When I arrived at the game earlier, one of the members of the training staff stopped me, we talked and he said he'd been interested in having me on the team. He asked if we could set up a time to chat and I said I'd get back to him."

On one hand this is great. She's been wanting to come back to work for a while and I'm glad she's still getting offers.

On the other hand it's in L.A. when our family is in Boston. What would this mean for us and our kids? Hell we don't even know if we're staying together.

"It freaked me out too." She sat up and looked at me. "We have babies together with one on the way. There's Deuce. Us. I didn't want to make any decision, especially of this magnitude, without talking to you first."

I ran my hand down my face, still standing. "Well I appreciate you for considering me and I don't want to deter you from your dreams boo. I don't but we do have a lot to think about. We don't even know where we stand."

"I know."

"And I want to support you but damn, L.A.? What would happen with the kids? Who would they stay with? Our schedules wouldn't be the same. I know you don't want to be away from them long and neither do I."

I'm really glad she talked to me before. I really am but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

"Come back to the Celtics." I suggested.

"I wouldn't have my previous position."

"That's ok. You'd still be able to do what you love and you can save up your money. Baby I support you but Los Angeles is too far."

She nodded slowly and rests her hands on her belly. "I hear you. My only concern is, are we in a place where we can work side by side? Lines got blurred a time or two. At work you're Jayson Tatum and I'm shortie. That's hard for you sometimes."

"I thought I did pretty good. It's just when you were pregnant, the husband jumped out in protection not because I was challenging you at your job. Realistically, do you see yourself living here when I'm in Boston? Be honest."

"No. I just- I don't know. I guess it felt nice having another team say they were interested, being that I've been gone for so long. I know. It's silly." She kissed my cheek. "Thanks for talking and listening, honey. Goodnight."

"Night." I mumbled as she got comfortable.

For whatever reason I got a nagging feeling in my stomach. I felt bad for her having to draw back from being so excited. It didn't sit right with me. It felt like I crushed her dream.

And I know that's not what I intended and she probably didn't even interpret it that way, but that's what I'm feeling.

When I laid down I stared at her as she slept peacefully. She's sacrificed a lot for me and I'm trying to see when have I done the same....

—————

"Nae. Wake up. We're here." I lightly shook her. She got out of her nap and looked around then at me.

"Where are we exactly?"

"Hold on." I got out of the car and went to her side to open it. "You look beautiful." I complimented her as she took my hand and I helped her out.

"Thank you." She mumbled and looked around. She looks cute as hell when she wakes up. Barely wanting to talk. "What is this?"

I grabbed her hand and turned her towards me. "After our conversation last night, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I woke up a little earlier and scheduled a viewing of a house I thought you'd like out here."

"What? Jay I agreed with-"

"I know what I said and I know what we discussed but I don't want you to sacrifice anymore. You've done that enough. Whether you want to admit it or not, you're not meant to be a stay at home mom. You're bored as hell and that's ok. Maybe later you'll want to but you're still young and you want to work. You like your checks, you like coming home after a good or bad day."

I paused and took a deep breath. I battled with this all night but it's the right thing to do.

"Take the meeting. It doesn't hurt to sit down and talk. You might not even like what you hear, but on the other hand, you might. You have my support 100 percent."

She stared at me in utter shock. "You're serious?"

"As a heart attack." I nodded.

"Jay we have kids. It's not just us anymore."

"I know and we'll have to work out something. I really think this would be a great opportunity for you. Plus with our current situation, I don't think distance would do us harm."

"Oh really?"

"No and I'll tell you why. How much better have we been not being up each other's asses all the time? Distance makes the heart grow fonder for us whether we want to admit it or not. It wouldn't be traditional for a married couple but shit, we've lived together and had a baby all before being married. We started off untraditional. Plus married couples live apart all the time."

"Yeah but they're usually in the same neighborhood honey." She gave a small smile but it looked more like worry and reservations.

"You're right." I nodded. "But I just wanted to show my support in whatever decision you make. I don't want you to close this door before you can even get the chance to explore what's inside. Take the meeting baby." My hands rested on either side of her face.

Her hands rested on top of mine then she stepped back. She glanced at the house in front of us then back at me.

"You said you picked this house?" She grabbed my hand I led her to the front door.

"Yeah. I mean we should at least see what's out here since you won't be enduring those Boston winters anymore."

Before I opened the door she stopped me. I looked down at her and then she hugged me. "Thank you."

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "I love you." I spoke lowly to her and she squeezed me a little tighter as if we were saying goodbye and she didn't want to let me go.

I don't know where her meeting with the Lakers will take her but she deserves the opportunity, and I won't stop her from getting back to what she loves.

Being Shortie.

Naomi's POV

"Look at the camera Chayse. Say cheese." I tried to convince my 3 year old but he was not hearing it.

He's having a full blown tantrum at this family photo shoot. Camari is in Jayson's arms and he's looking down at his big brother in disappointment.

"Can you give us like five minutes?" Jayson asked the photographer.

"Sure. Take your time."

"Let's switch." He said to me and Camari came to me with no problem.

His hand rested on my belly and he looked up at me. "Yeah that's your sister." I smiled at him.

I watched as Jayson walked around with Chayse and spoke lowly in his ear while rubbing his back. Sometimes all he needs is his dad's comfort.

When the photos were taken, we went to grab lunch. "Are you getting cramped in there?" Deuce asked my belly then placed his ear on top to hear but he moved quickly looking appalled.

"What happened?" Jayson asked him.

"She kicked him." I laughed while looking at his face.

"How long do we have left?" Deuce asked.

I held up two fingers while I cover my mouth since I was chewing. "2 weeks."

"But Christmas is in 2 weeks."

"I know. We're gonna try to have her before but that means I might have to spend Christmas in the hospital."

"So we're doing 39 weeks instead of 40?" Jay asked.

"If we do 40 she'll be born on New Year's Eve."

Journey's arrival has posed some questions in regards to her birth date. I'm nearing the end, well I'm at the end of my pregnancy and her due date is in fact New Year's Eve. If we do it a week before, it's the week of Christmas.

I don't want her having to share her birthday with a national holiday, and I'm probably being dramatic. I'm just looking at it for future. Journey might dislike it, but she could also love it.

I wish I could have her vaginally and she picks what day she wants to come out, but because of my last c section and the incision, it would be high risk for the both of us.

"I got an appointment tomorrow. I'll ask more about our options. You have a game on Christmas too and I know you like playing those."

He shrugged. "It doesn't matter if I play or not. If I'm having a baby on Christmas then forget that game."

"Daddy I want that one please." Chayse pointed at his dad's plate.

I let out a small groan when a small contraction occurred. "You ok Mimi?" Deuce leaned forward to get a better look at my face.

"Yeah I'm ok. Thank you buddy." I assured him and big Deuce had his eyes on me. "I'm fine baby. Just Braxton hicks."

"I ain't say nothing." He held his hands up. I know him and he's always worried, but his concern is comforting. He's making sure I'm ok and I appreciate it.

"My mom will be here next week." I reminded him.

"You excited?"

"Yeah. Having the extra hands will be helpful."

"Facts." He wiped his mouth. "Question."

"Answer."

"Do you want your push gift before or after you deliver?"

"I'm not pushing though." I laughed.

"You didn't push last time and you still got something. That's how it goes. You bear our children for me. It's the least I could do."

"Well in that case, you can do after."

"You don't want the motivation to go in there and deliver? Pun intended."

"If you prefer I get it before, that's fine too."

"Nah I'll give it to you when you come home. You nervous?"

"I am actually." I revealed. "I know I had one before but I was asleep, oblivious that I was even having a c section."

"It makes sense why you would be but I'll be there with you every step of the way." He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

When we got back home and I got comfortable on the couch, Camari laid in my arms asleep with his mouth open.

The doorbell went off and Jayson ran down to answer it. I couldn't see him but I heard his heavy, LaCienega feet hitting each step.

Camari's hand started rubbing softly on my belly, still asleep. Journey is so lucky to have brother who are so excited to meet her. I'm thankful.

"Boo." I looked over at Jayson, after he was gone for about 10 minutes, and he stood with a woman. "Surprise."

"Surprise what?" I looked confused.

"She's a masseuse. She's here to give you a prenatal massage."

"Aw honey. You listened." I poked my bottom lip out. The back pain has been killer but haven't made an appointment to get a massage. Not only did he get me one, he brought them here.

"I always listen." He kissed me. "I'll take him. You go enjoy yourself." He took Camari and I got up and followed her.

She was so kind and gentle, and attentive to my problem areas. I may have fell asleep as she worked but I was so relaxed afterwards and made another appointment. I'm going to need all the relief I can get.

——————

3 weeks later
New Year's Eve

"We just got situated in here. Naomi is over there."

"Y'all know what the fuck goin on."

"Well this is a vlog for your daughter but alright."

"Oh shoot. Cut that out. Hi pumpkin." I changed my voice.

"Nah don't be fake. Show her your true colors."

We decided to wait until 40 weeks and today is the day our little princess gets here. Excited is an understatement for our family.

Jay has a couple days off before the next game but he'll be with us for a week. He cleared it with the front office and the fans might be upset but shit, we have a new baby. I need my husband.

"How you feeling? Contractions?"

"No I'm good. Getting anxious but that's just because I'm ready to meet her."

"Me too. You know I've been waiting for her since we dropped her name even before Chayse." He stood over me then planted a kiss on my forehead then my stomach.

He and I talked and joked around while we waited. Jayson helped me with keeping my nerves at bay because he could since my anxiety trying to peek through.

Before we knew it, it was time for me to head to the operating room. They gave me the shot in my spine then Jayson was able to join me.

"Ok Naomi are you ready?" The doctor asked me.

"Mhm." I nodded and stared at Jayson. He was the best thing in this room to look at. It was either him or panic while looking at the ceiling. He's keeping me calm.

"Your edges still laid." He pointed out.

"For real? I thought they would have frizzed up by now."

"Nah you still in tact. Did you try a new one?"

"No but this time I added a couple layers then hit it with my scarf all night. That way when it was time to leave, she should be secure. It's not flaky is it?"

"Uh uh." He shook his head.

"Alright we're almost there." The doctor announced.

Jayson held my hand the entire time and my eyes squeezed shut when I felt pressure just before our daughter was born.

Her cries filled the room and was lifted over the barrier for us to see. "Say hi mom and dad. Pretty good looking parents, huh?" The doctor joked then handed her off then nurses started tending to her.

Jayson stepped away to cut her umbilical cord then came back over just as Journey was brought to the side of my head.

"Aw look at you my beautiful baby." The waterworks immediately started. "I love you." I whispered and I gave her a kiss before she and Jayson left so they could finish with me.

While I laid here, I got my tubes tied because we are closing up shop. Love my little ones but Miss.Journey is our last one.

As soon as I got to recovery I was looking to hold my baby. She and I held eye contact as we took in each others features. I can't tell who she looks like just yet but she is beautiful without a doubt. Jay and I did that. We're 3/3 from the field if we being honest.

Jayson left a lingering kiss on my forehead then gave Journey a kiss and her eyes closed then opened. "My girls. I been waiting to say that for a minute. I love you."

"I love you more." I replied. "And I love you most." I said to Journey and kissed her softly.

This is the best New Year's Eve ever.

—————

Ah the ending felt rushed but it's Mother's Day. It's only right that Journey finally arrives. We've waited long enough.

Thoughts on the chapter? I will say I love how Naomi and Jayson communicate. They're so vocal.

Hope y'all enjoyed and until next chapter. 🩷

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

58.7K 1.5K 22
Just read trust me 😏.
58K 2.5K 25
...Then came love. Join Tori and Jayson as two become one, in the midst of becoming who they were truly meant to be. A tail of love, lust and devoti...
218K 9.2K 65
If you haven't read the first book, I suggest you go read it first! It's a story worth reading! Featuring a lot of your favourite high school/colleg...