Always next to you

By _ToniaFrancis

Abandoned by her mother and boyfriend of four years, Nicole gets a new job to start her independent life. Her... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Author's Note

Chapter Ten

53 6 0
By _ToniaFrancis

AIDEN

My subconscious screamed at me to wake up. I didn't want to. I haven't had this much peace in a long time. It was quiet. No dreams or work thoughts, only blackness and peace.

But the air was cold. My body could feel a sense of urgency.

No, I won't wake up.

I assumed this was another trick and I was hoping it would be morning when I woke up. This has happened too many times this week. If Nicole was not the answer I would be back to sleeping with strangers every day until I found the one.

I wasn't a deep sleeper. The slightest noise woke me up. Tonight's sleep started on a peaceful note. I faded away in mere minutes after Nicole placed her head on my chest. This was the first time we were sleeping together but it felt perfect.

I held on to Nicole and we slept soundly. This was the sleep I badly needed for days. I knew Nicole was the answer to my insomnia because my body wanted her near me. It was odd but I didn't have time to fight or question it.

I loved the way things were now and I didn't want to wake up. My brain fought with me until I gave in and jerked up from the bed.

Why was that so easy?

I turned beside me and saw that Nicole had drifted away from my chest and snuggled a portion of the duvet on the other side of the bed. It was almost cute but my first instinct was to check the time.

I turned on her bedside lamp and reached for my pants on the floor then pulled out my phone. Our clothes were scattered around the room reminding me of last night. My body reacted almost immediately but there was no way I would wake her up to ask for more.

When I approached her I was alright with us sleeping without sex but now that I had a taste of her I wanted more and more. Nicole was an amusing woman and I found myself becoming more curious.

My phone screen told me it was three minutes past 4 am. I sighed in relief. A part of me really wanted Nicole by my side and I had promised to leave her alone if I wasn't able to sleep.

It must have been 11 pm when we went to bed and I slept soundly.

I heard soft cries from beside me pulling me from my happy thoughts. I frowned and climb back to the bed. On getting closer to Nicole I confirmed that the cries were coming from her.

Is that what woke me up?

My brain panicked as I rushed to her side. She really was crying. What was wrong? Was she having a bad dream?

The sound of her soft whimpers brought back bad memories from my childhood. They usually come in my dream but not tonight. I tried so hard to forget but the girl in my dreams cried just like this and would try to comfort her.

Her cries increased and so did my worries. The sound of her whimpers made my heart ache.

"Nicole," I called, trying to shake her out of it.

Her body was cold and she clutched the duvet tighter. Although she was cold she had beads of sweat forming. I was convinced she was having a nightmare. I was like this too when I had terrifying dreams.

"Nicole," I called again, shaking her body.

She didn't wake up so I did the only thing that could come to mind. When I started having those dreams, I wished someone would hold me and tell me that I was safe but there was no one.

I pulled her up and went behind her holding her tightly.

"Nicole, I need you to wake up," I said softly. "I'm here, I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere,"

I felt her body shiver in my arms. Like myself, she was in nothing but her panties. I pulled her closer and she turned around hugging me.

"Aiden?" she cried.

"I'm here, Nicole, I'm here," I said to her ear as I hugged her.

She was awake now but I could tell she was scared. I wondered what her dream was about but I knew it was too personal. Why did I suddenly feel the need to protect her?

I stroked her hair, arranging the strands of her braids on her back until the crying stopped and she went back to sleep.

It was already past 4 am and I had gotten the most sleep in the past week but I felt drowsy after a few minutes. I was worried she might wake up again so I fought the sleep for a few minutes admiring how soundly she slept.

I wiped the tears from her eyes and cheeks to avoid them drying. Her breasts were pressed against me but I wouldn't dare get excited. She helped me sleep. The least I could do was watch her until she woke up.

Somewhere in my thoughts, I drifted off again and woke up alone on the bed.

My body felt relaxed as woke up. It felt like I woke up from a five-hour nap; the kind that gives you sleep marks. Nicole really was the right choice. I smiled and got up to put my pants on.

I wondered where she had gone. She wouldn't run away from her apartment to get away from me right?

"Nicole?" I called as I walked to her sitting room.

She didn't respond but the aroma of coffee hit my nostrils as I stepped in. I turned towards her kitchen counter and saw her smiling at me. She held up a cup of coffee towards me but I was looking at her instead.

I was really worried about her, especially after what happened but here she was brimming with a bright aura about her. I wanted to see this every day and I was willing to make it happen.

Nicole had put on a grey silk nightie with a matching robe and I wanted nothing to take it off and touch each inch of her body.

"Want some?" she asked.

"Sure," I replied and walked towards her.

When I got to the kitchen, I took the cup and put it back on the counter. She stared at me with a confused expression and I took advantage of that to drag her to my chest.

"Aiden!" she screeched before her back met my chest.

I quickly moved my hands to her boob and fondled them. I pinched her nipples and she gasped in pleasure. My body reacted and turned her around to face me.

"Someone woke up horny," she laughed.

"I'm not usually like this I promise,"

"How are you usually like then, Mr Stark?" she questioned.

I was drawn to the light sparking in my eyes. I knew she could feel my hardness but she didn't react. She stared straight into my eyes waiting for my answer.

"Polite," I started while my hand moved to grab her ass.

"Respectful," I slapped her ass and she jumped.

Her eyes followed my hands and I felt her breathing pattern change. She moved her body closer and I felt her now hard nipples fighting their way through the fabric of her nightie.

Using my finger, I raised her head up so she could look at me.

"And needy," I concluded then I took her lips softly.

There was no need for aggression since the day was just getting started. As I kissed her I thought about how to keep her by my side. I wished we could always be like this and I was willing to do whatever it takes.

"Aiden," she called when I pulled away. "I have something prepared," she announced.

I smiled hoping what she prepared would be able to take care of the bulge in my pants.

Three minutes later, I sat on Nicole's couch drinking the coffee she made for me and regretting my expectations.

Nicole stood by her 50-inch TV screen holding a pointer to the slides she had prepared in a rush. The screen held some words in bold.

'Nicole Banks Presentation with Aiden Stark.' it read.

"Ms Banks," I called her surname since she was going into business mode. "It's a weekend and I'm sure you don't have work today,"

"This isn't about work," she replied. "I thought you wanted a sleep partner,"

She looked so sexy standing there in her work glasses but I sat up suddenly interested. Usually, I bring contracts but it seems Nicole had some demands. The more I found out about her, the more she seemed like my type of woman. The same woman Jonas said I'd never find.

"I got up early to set up some rules you must follow," she said.

"I'm all ears," I smiled

"First of all, I will not be moving in with you, I would like to sleep in my apartment at least three nights a week. We can agree on a sleeping schedule that works for both of us,"

If she proposed this days ago I would have accepted in a heartbeat. Back then I only wanted a replacement for Briget. Things are different now. I was thinking about how many positions I was yet to put her in. I had also begun exploring her limits with her in my head.

I hid my discomfort so as not to discourage her and nodded.

"Second, I will not be getting any financial benefits from you,"

I frowned.

"That's for me to decide," I responded quickly.

"I am not getting money for sleeping with you, did you forget you're also my boss,"

"What if I wanted to buy you gifts?"

She was speechless and thought about it for a few seconds. Did she think I wouldn't want to give things? Why did I enjoy this so much? I also loved to hear her talk. This situation made me imagine how good she would be if she gave a presentation at the office.

"I'll think about it now back to the slides," she blinked repeatedly and pressed a button to move to the next slide.

"Since we're both sexually active we need to get tested and I would appreciate it if you don't have other sexual partners without telling me first,"

"Is that all?" I asked her.

"I only have three right now but I'm sure I can think of something,"

"Good, get dressed and let's go,"

I got up, picked up the small luggage I brought with me and walked to her room. She was tailing me by doing her best to match my quick strides and it almost made me laugh.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"You said we had to get tested," I reminded her as I picked out a clean shirt to wear.

Nicole ran to the bathroom for a quick shower while I sat on her bed and looked around. For a girl she didn't have a lot of ornaments. Jessi's room had always looked like a child went through it. She claimed she didn't have time to clean up when she was coding.

Nicole's room was needed with only a bed and a dressing table in it. Everything else was probably inside the wardrobe in the corner of the room. I also noticed she had a floor-length mirror in the room.

Before I explored more Nicole was out of the bathroom tying a towel. She asked me to leave the room because she wanted to dress up but I was stubborn. After a while, she gave up and pulled off the towel to put lotion on her body.

I swallow hard at the sight of her body. My eyes were glued to her ass and I wanted to grab them like I did before. My body grew hot and I knew that if I stayed here any longer we would not be leaving this apartment for days.

"I'll wait on your couch," I announced and left her sitting room.

The only thing that made it a sitting room was the TV and the couch. Nicole had divided half of the space into her home office. She had already set up the gear the company got for her and it made me proud. She was perfect. A beautiful woman with a sexy body and she was great at her Job.

"I'm ready," Nicole says as she walks out wearing a long jean skirt with a slit at the side stopping at her mid-thighs.

Her cropped top showed that she wasn't wearing a bra.

Good.

Her boobs would be easier to access.

Nicole slid her legs into a pair of crocs and we went down to my car. I opened the car door for her and she went in. She was a lot more comfortable around me but not to the extent I wanted.

I didn't want her to trust me so soon, though, because I sometimes couldn't trust myself.

"Let's pick up a sandwich on the way," I say as I put on her seatbelt for her.

Her perky breast brushed against me as I settled back in my seat. I cleared my throat, locked my hands on the steering wheel and started the car.

This was going to be a long ride.

- # # # -

Song Recommendation: 2 Soon - Keshi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.9K 46
Jo's brothers are his world. He's spent his entire life sacrificing everything to give them the life he's never had. Having battled through a horrifi...
2.9K 335 42
Meet Kristal Jane Anderson. The girl that feels as though she was stripped from all the joys of life on one ungodly night. A night that changed her w...
6.2K 159 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
43.8K 1.5K 52
It was only her comments that made her feel worthless. Only one bully. Only her betrayal made him give up on love, making him ruthless. Only one woma...