When Love Happens (Tk)

By JEONfanTAEsea

Mafia Au!! A story where Kim Taehyung is Korea's mafia queen. Ruthless! Merciless! And adventurous!! And Jeon... More

Character Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty nine
Epilogue
Bonus chapter

Thirty Five

6.5K 561 579
By JEONfanTAEsea

DON'T SKIP!!!!

So this chapter is specially for TKshannu22019 BlissSoul_09 Brighteststar05  PinkMantaRay pooja0130 JeonkimAnamika  Hobikobbi   zaintae_ami for constantly encouraging me to write more by spamming my notification section with their lovely, witty, funny and appreciating comments.

I wanna be blunt here for once.  There are many readers who come to me asking why i don't update regularly like before or why their favourite authors are leaving Wattpad or why don't they write anymore.... U all feel that the authors here in Wattpad are changing.

Have u noticed yourself changing??

When i started writing, my readers were so active and they would overwhelm me with their comments, we used to interact so much back then. I feel like Wattpad is no fun anymore. People just come, read an update and leave like the author hadn't work hard to give the update.

I am sorry if u feel like i am complaining coz i AM complaining.  Everyone need motivation to write and trust me, comments from readers is the best motivation for a writer.

I am losing my will and wish to write slowly and i think it's not me alone. There are many other authors who feel the same. I hope things change soon and u guys appreciate hard work and constant dedication.

Anyways.... here is the update you guys were waiting for since so long.

Enjoy!!

Word count- 5K words : )

You know I love you guys, don't you????

__________

THIRD PERSON POV-

"Where are we going, Tae?'' Jungkook asked unsurely as the queen drove him somewhere. The silver haired queen has appeared of nowhere in the living room and asked the black haired boy to follow him. He could have questioned but taking in the consideration that Taehyung was constantly ignoring him from last two days made the boy just stand up and follow him.

The silver haired boy still didn't reply him. He kept a straight face and focused on driving making the black haired boy sigh defeatedly.

Wasn't it better to just wait and watch?

The car stopped in front of a graveyard making the ravenette confused. He was about to ask something again when the mafia queen went out leaving Jungkook alone in the car. The black haired boy shook his head unsurely before stepping out of the car and following Taehyung.

He kept looking around himself at the number of people sleeping peacefully in their ultimate home while following the queen absent-mindedly.

Why would Taehyung bring him here out of all places?

But his queries soon vanished when his eyes fell on three graves one beside other with the names that were too familiar to Jungkook to forget them.

Kim Jeong Gyu.

Kim Yerin.

Lee Baek-Hyun.

Jungkook's eyes travelled to the mafia queen who was standing in front of those graves watching them so longingly that Jungkook felt the need to console him.

''Tae, Yo-''

''Do you know who they are, Jungkook?'' The queen asked but the ravenette kept watching the queen unsurely. ''They are my mom, my dad and my grandfather.'' He said smiling sadly at the end of his sentence. There was silence for a moment while that sadness in the air of the graveyard made everything feel even more depressing.

"I too had a normal family once, you know? I wasn't born as a Mafia queen. This world forced me to be what i am today. A queen isn't born, Jungkook....she is made. A queen makes her throne using every stone that was thrown her way." The silver haired boy said with his eyes still trained on the graves in front of him.

"I used to love poetry when I was a kid, you know. There is always such a deep meaning hidden behind those handful words that I used to wonder if people can really feel those emotions while penning them down. There was a poem that got stuck in my head. I was too young to understand the meaning back then but now I feels like the poet had written about me.'' The queen kept talking while Jungkook didn't took his eyes away from the mafia queen.

There were no tears on Taehyung's face but Jungkook could feel him crying.

He was standing strong but Jungkook could feel the vulnerability in his words.

The brown eyes of mafia queen were pointed at the graves but Jungkook felt like he was avoiding the ravenette's eyes.

The black haired boy was still trying to decipher what the queen was up to when Taehyung turned towards him.

''Do you wanna listen to that poem?'' He asked looking straight into those pair of confused, black eyes making Jungkook nod unsurely. Taehyung smiled, the sadness evident in his eyes before turning to look towards the graves again.

''Sometimes, the hero stumbles....and falls right off the page.
Sometimes, the princess rolls her eyes and says 'I don't wanna be saved.'
Sometimes the dragon need rescuing and the villain aches to be helped.
Sometimes, in the darkness. the lost boy finds himself....''

The mafia queen paused for a moment and Jungkook knew the reason why.

The mafia queen was overwhelmed by the emotions. Jungkook could have walked to him and held him but something inside the black haired boy told him to let the boy be.

He felt like it was the first time Queen was talking about his life.

He needed to let all of it out.

To let go of the pain, you need to feel it in the worst possible way and right now, Jungkook wanted Taehyung to live all the pain once again because that's the only way he could feel better.

''Sometimes, the prince is cunning.
and not all what he seemed.
Sometimes the witches' kindness shows it's she who deserves to be queen.
Sometimes, we shouldn't define people
by someone else's point of view-
Just because it's what we've been told.....''

The queen paused once again before turning towards Jungkook. ''.....Doesn't make it true.'' He completed.

Both of them kept staring at each other trying to read the emotions their eyes showed.

''Do you expect a ten year old boy to understand the underlying meaning?'' He asked but Jungkook was too busy studying the mafia queen making Taehyung chuckle slightly. '' You can't....But you can expect this mafia queen to feel the disaster written in beautiful words.''

''Today, Jungkook, I want to tell you everything about myself, about my life, my journey.''

''Why are you telling me all this, Tae?'' The ravenette asked hesitantly. Of course, he wanted to get answers to his questions but now, when Taehyung was standing vulnerable in front of him, he felt like he didn't want to hear anything. He just wanted to protect the boy.

''Because you need to know everything about me before I move on to better things. I want to say something to you, Jungkook.....just let me do it my way.'' He replied, pleading eyes making the black haired boy restless. He could only gulp as emotions stirred inside him like a storm.

''I was born in a family of politicians.'' He started but smiled when he saw the question in Jungkook's eyes.

''Wondering why I hate politicians so much then?'' He asked making Jungkook nod.

''You need to listen to everything to know the reason.'' He said turning towards the graves again. ''I brought you here because I want my parents to be witness of my confession, this holy place to be the evidence of my honesty, my vulnerable words to echo in this sad air for ever.'' The mafia queen replied before looking down at his fiddling hands.

Jungkook could see how hard it was for Taehyung to stand there and talk about everything.

''My grandfather was a great politician. After my mom married my father, my grandfather gave his position to his son in law and helped him to become the next minister of south Korea. I was a pampered boy who just needed to say it once and anything was available for me in a blink. Life was so easy, so beautiful and so careless. I am jealous of that ten year old boy who lived his life like a prince.'' Taehyung paused again to breathe.

He felt like he will not be able to keep talking for a long time. He needed to finish it before words ditch him.

''That boy got the best of everything, best education, best toys, bestest of people in his life as f-family and the best childhood. His parents loved him so much that they could give their life to protect their son and as a blessing, that son also got the best morals in life. He was so kind, so sensitive to pain of others that he decided to become a veterinary doctor. He never once shed a tear except for when his loved ones decided to leave.'' The boy wiped his tear with his thumb hastily, not wanting to appear weak.

Jungkook felt like he was glued to the ground. He wanted to step forward and hug the boy, to protect the vulnerability of the mafia queen but he also know that its only Taehyung who could protect himself right now. He needed to overcome these overwhelming emotions on his own and once he will be on the other side, the black haired boy will take him into his embrace.

''You can't imagine how drastically his life changed when his father died in a car accident. After that day, he never smiled. He forgot to laugh yet the softness in him never died. He wanted to be a pillar of strength for his mother but guess what? he was too young so his grandfather decided to wed his daughter once again because as per him, his mother needed a partner to spend the rest of her life and he needed a father.'' The last part of the sentence was said through gritted teeth.

The black haired boy could saw the strained veins popping in Taehyung's forehead and neck as he fisted his hands tightly to control his anger but Jungkook wanted to know more now.

He wanted to know the reason behind that anger.

Behind that epitome of cruelty and fear standing in front of him.

The reason behind the Mafia Queen's anger towards politicians.

''Then entered the monster of my life into picture. He promised to take care of my mum and love me like his o-own son. He was such a chameleon that no one knew his true intentions even when he stayed with us all those years when my father was alive. They got m-married and despite the fact that I didn't want a step father, I was happy for my mom. I smiled in front of everyone thinking my mom will live the rest of her life happily now.'' Taehyung's anger was increasing with every passing second while Jungkook's curiosity was sky-rocketing.

''What happened after that?'' He asked anxiously making the silver haired queen look at him.

''Then? Then my mom died!'' Taehyung stated plainly but Jungkook could see the pain in those brown pair of eyes.

''You know why Jimin is so protective over me?'' He asked making the black haired cop shake his head slightly.

''We have been together since childhood. He was my best friend, no, not just best friend but my soulmate since the day I started going to school. We have been inseparable, he loved me more than a real brother does, never let anyone bully me, always ready to punch for me despite his small size....'' Taehyung chuckled when he got reminded of the good old days making a smile appear on Jungkook's face too.

Kim Taehyung's smile was contagious.

''......Years passed like this...'' The queen turned sad again as he continued. ''.....and the day came when he distanced himself from me. He stopped coming over to my place when it was literally his second h-home. I was sure there was something with him, there had to be a reason behind the sudden change....'' The silver haired boy wiped his sweaty palms with his jeans.

Maybe the most dreary part was approaching.

''......I tried to talk to him but he refused. Months passed like that but Jimin talked to me occasionally only but he made sure no one was bullying me or anything for my kindness. He had been dangerous when he want to be from the very beginning. One day, someone locked me in washroom. I was claustrophobic back then so it became hard for me to keep calm. I shouted, I screamed, I begged for help but no one came to rescue. I was on the verge of passing out when Jimin walked in from that locked door worried and angry at the same time.'' The mafia queen couldn't hide the sad smile on his face.

''....He was so angry that I feared he may end up burning the school. He hugged me and even when I was scared, I feel so protected. He made his driver drive me to my home that day and I insisted him to come over. I could see in his eyes that he didn't want to but he couldn't say no when I was so scared and clearly needed him beside me.''

Jungkook didn't know in which direction the story was going but there was a slight ache in his chest. He wanted to protect that innocent boy, he wanted to be there for Taehyung when he was crying in washroom, he wanted to punish the ones who locked his Taehyung in that washroom.

''That day, I noticed something. My soulmate wasn't the same boy anymore. He was pale, he looked tired and his eyes looked lifeless. He used to love my mother like his own but that day, he didn't even looked at h-her. I couldn't control, I needed to know the reason and when I pestered Jimin to talk and give me the reason, the world slipped from under my feet.'' Taehyung paused again for a few moments making Jungkook's curiosity even more worse.

''That day I realised that the man who married my mother wasn't only a monster of my life but he was a devil of Jimin's world too. He-'' The boy stopped to form the sentence while Jungkook tried to step ahead but the queen was quick in stopping him.

''That man was Jimin's father.'' Taehyung's statement confused Jungkook.

''He was living a dual life. Park Min Gyu, my step father and Park Jae Myung , Jimin's real father.'' The queen clarified when he saw the black haired boy's confused face which widened slightly in realisation as his mind processed the piece of information successfully.

''T-That means you and Jimin are s-step brothers?'' He asked making the queen nod looking away.

''That man didn't only hide this from everyone but also blackmailed Jimin that if he told anything to anyone, it can be dangerous for his mother. He was what? Just thirteen. He didn't know whom to approach for help and moreover, even if he knew, he would never have asked for help. He loved his mother too much to risk losing her.'' Taehyung explained his best friend's stand while Jungkook was speechless with so much information all at once.

''He hated my mother for snatching his mother's husband. I tried to make him believe otherwise but he wasn't ready. After that day, he stopped coming over to my house so that he didn't get to see his father's and my mother's face but he kept loving me like always.'' The silver haired boy wiped another tear from the corner of his eyes.

''I wanted to tell my mother everything but I couldn't. Jimin had made me promise to him that I won't tell anyone. One day, when I saw Jimin crying silently in our library, I decided to punish that man who wore the façade of being loving, caring, gentle and kind to everyone. When I came back from my school, I saw my mom running towards the exit. I called her but she only stopped to tell me to take care until she is back. I nodded and she turned to leave only to stop. I didn't know what had happened but she walked over to me and hugged me as if she wanted to take me away somewhere, as if she knew I was in danger or something. She kissed all over my face and told me that she l-loves me...'' The brown eyes turned oceanic as tears filled them and soon, the dam broke and all of them ran down his rosy cheeks.

''I didn't know it was the l-last time when I was h-hugging my mother. I didn't know it was the last time she was saying those words which I will crave to listen w-whole my life. I was so shocked with her b-behaviour to form coherent words. My instincts were yelling at me that everything was not right and somewhere I knew, they were never going to be alright after that d-day.'' More tears came gushing out of those brown eyes making Jungkook restless but he felt it right to give the queen his space.

It was not the time to interfere.

''She told me that she was going to my g-grandfather as she need to tell him something i-important and I should wait for her in my room and that I am to s-stay in my room and not to go anywhere until s-she was back. I promised her I will but she...she f-forgot to promise me that she will be b-back!'' Taehyung was trying his best not to break down but he couldn't control anymore.

The boy broke out into sobs making it impossible for Jungkook to keep standing in his place. He walked ahead forgetting everything and pulled the boy to his chest making the silver haired boy sob into his chest fisting the small of Jungkook's t-shirt at the back while the black haired boy patted the brown eyed boy's head to calm him down.

Jungkook knew no words will be able to make Taehyung feel better right now. The emotions better be out then suffocating the precious boy in his arms from inside so he just waited and waited giving all the time to the mafia queen to gather himself and calm down.

After what felt like eternity, Taehyung's sobs subsided and what remained were just hiccups. As he pulled back, the black haired boy didn't want to remove his arms which were securely wrapped around the mafia queen but Taehyung stepped back making Jungkook's hands fall to his sides reluctantly.

The mafia queen turned to stand with his back facing Jungkook as he wiped his tears harshly.

''She n-never came back but the news came that she had been shot in h-heart. My world collapsed, first my d-dad and then her, both of them left me a-alone in this world with someone who I didn't even want to call a father. Investigations kept going on but Police couldn't find the one b-behind my mother's death, or maybe they did, but m-money can buy anything..'' Taehyung's words were getting sharper with every passing second as he recalled the worst memories of his life while staring at nothing in particular while Jungkook stood watching the back of Taehyung's head worried.

''My Grandfather's health started d-deteriorating after my mother died but he made s-sure to give me all the love he could while he l-lasted. I was g-growing, everything was available for me, every small thing that I wanted was still p-presented before me but I didn't find the same happiness in them a-anymore. My supposed to be s-step father became all sweet and caring as if he love me the m-most in this world, as if I didn't know his reality....well, half reality.'' The mafia queen paused again making the black haired boy confused.

''Half...Half reality?''

''My grandfather was put on ventilator at o-our house itself. A nurse was there to assist him twenty four by seven. I could feel him drifting away too with every passing day. I was going t-through so much but didn't know whom to say. Jimin tried his best to cheer me up but I knew nothing was going to be f-fine. I was going to be left alone in this world with a man who was lying to everyone from the very start. I couldn't even imagine his u-ultimate motives.....'' The brown haired boy walked towards his grandfather's grave and crouched down near it.

''The only hope I had to survive in this world...that m-monster snatched even that from me.''

''W-What?''

''He k-killed my grandfather....'' Taehyung announced making Jungkook's eyes widen in shock. ''...He turned o-off the ventilator one d-day.''

''How did you come to k-know about this?''

''He confessed it himself the day I killed him.'' Taehyung announced making Jungkook's eyes widen even more. His mind couldn't process so much information at one time. It was like as if he was watching some thriller movie where murdering someone was a normal thing.

''Y-You killed him?''

''Why? is it hard to accept coming from a mafia queen?'' The brown eyed boy asked turning towards Jungkook whose face was clearly showing shock, surprise and disbelief all at once.

''No, Its unbelievable coming from that fourteen or fifteen years old boy you were talking about.'' Jungkook replied. The mafia queen didn't know what it was but he couldn't look away from Jungkook's dark eyes which still attract him like some dark hole.

The same way they did when he saw that mysterious boy in the bar for the first time.

''That boy died the day when he killed that monster. He died with that monster himself.''

''No, you are wrong. That boy is still breathing in you, he is still struggling to come out but that façade of Mafia queen isn't letting him.'' Jungkook replied without missing a beat, his black eyes only intensifying with some unknown emotions snatching Taehyung's breathe for a moment.

He felt exposed.

''This isn't just a façade.''

''Why are you avoiding my eyes then?''

''After the day my grandfather died, that man showed his true colours..'' Taehyung again turned to look away making Jungkook sigh in defeat and he focused on what the mafia queen was saying.

The rest could be debated later.

''He surpassed every boundary of inhuman behaviour to make my life a living h-hell. I was made to homeschool saying I was suffering from some d-disease. I couldn't meet Jimin, heck I couldn't step out of my r-room. If I did, he would beat me, give me w-wounds that would hurt like hell, put my h-hand on table and play with knife cutting my f-fingers in the process. Using his belt on me was his favourite t-thing. I was served food twice a day only if I behaved, if not, I was made to s-starve...'' The boy fisted his hands tightly as he spoke ahead while Jungkook's mind went haywire.

He only saw blood.

''I didn't even know what was my f-fault, why that monster was abusing me, harassing me, I thought he was supposed to take c-care of me, to p-protect me from bad things in this world. That man did every w-worst thing possible with me, he c-cursed my parents for giving birth to me, he gave me d-drugs forcefully. I hated that numb feeling, even when it h-hurted, even when my body pained, I wanted to feel, I wanted to live my life, he snatched even that basic r-right from me.'' each word of Taehyung was igniting a fire inside Jungkook.

He didn't know he will ever want to kill someone as badly as the monster who made Taehyung's life a hell.

Just imagining about how the boy in front of him, the boy who he loves so much, the boy for whom he would do anything without second thought.

Even if it means putting the world on fire.

Jungkook glared at nothing clenching his fists tightly, his jaw set in anger while his breathing became strained.

''He was slowly paralysing my b-brain, my b-body, even my soul. Why? I didn't k-know. I didn't know for what c-crime I was being punished but I got the answer soon....'' Taehyung paused while Jungkook was finding it hard to contain his anger with every word that was coming out of the silver haired boy's mouth.

''One Day, he was forcefully injecting drugs in me. In my protests, the injection f-fell on the ground and broke. I saw b-blood in his eyes that day. I was sure he will k-kill me now and maybe I wanted him to kill me, that would have been better than living a p-pathetic life which was imparted on me but no, he didn't do that. I always wondered why can't he just kill me but I got the answer in his outburst that day...'' The mafia queen closed his eyes for a moment.

Even remembering those days made the boy shiver in fear and disgust.

How helpless he was back then that he couldn't stand for himself, it made Taehyung more angry.

''That day, I got to know why he m-married my mother, that day, I got to know how my l-loved ones were snatched from me by the monster. He only married my mother because he wanted my f-father's position as a minister and my grandfather's property which my mother will get after him but he had to k-kill my mother because she got to know his reality. He sent a sniper to kill her before she r-reach my grandfather.'' There was a silence of a few minute.

The sunrays were slowly losing the intensity while the graveyard was occupied by a deafening silence. The depressing winds hollered dancing around the graves while Jungkook couldn't imagine how Taehyung survived after going through all that.

A fifteen year old boy who faced the monster like his step father was certainly going to get some Devils of his own share which still and maybe will always haunt Taehyung at dark, alone nights.

The thought made Jungkook shake his head.

He won't let his love face those night Devils which played with his mind in the form of nightmares but he was forgetting the circumstances they were in.

He was just focusing on one aspect of the story while other's lay ignored at the moment.

''....They say am not a h-human coz humans have h-humanity but no one knows this cruelty has been g-gifted to me to live with it and suffer all through the life. He didn't stop there, just because he couldn't wait for my grandfather's death so that he can take over all the p-property, he killed him too. He was so happy that finally he will get what he wanted but his plan failed and all of his hard work went into trash when my grandfather's will c-came out....'' Taehyung wiped his tears again while his brown eyes looked fiercely into the thin air.

''It said he was writing all of his property in my name. I'll be the legal owner of everything that belonged to him once I turn e-eighteen and if something happens to me before that, all of it will go to some charity trust and that was why he was keeping me alive and k-killing me slowly bit by bit so that by the time I turn eighteen, I become a drug addict who can't think straight making it easy for him to acquire everything....and that day....that day when he was announcing his deeds so proudly, all I could see was my mother's bloodied corpse and my grandfather's limp body on the ventilator...and what else I saw was b-blood.'' Taehyung's words were strained and Jungkook could sense Taehyung's anger in the atmosphere.

''He was coming to beat me again with his b-belt in his hand, I closed my eyes waiting for the hit without any p-protest but it never came, what I heard was a pained scream and when I opened my eyes, that monster was standing in front of me holding his head in his hands which have turned bloodied and behind him stood my b-best friend.....with an iron rod in his shaking hands and it didn't take me long to understand that he had heard everything, everything his father confessed just now. I was stunned for a moment but that man fell on the floor with a thud as blood pooled around his head bringing me back to r-reality. Everything stilled for a moment, that man was dead, or maybe not, I don't know but Jimin threw the iron rod somewhere and came to hold my hand urging me to r-run from there but I couldn't let that man die so easily....''

''T-That motherfucker had snatched everything from me, made me an o-orphan, made me a drug a-addict, gave me wounds that no time can mend. He fucking snatched every reason of my h-happiness, you think I could have let him die so easily?'' The mafia queen asked furiously turning towards Jungkook who was at the loss of words.

''No.'' The queen himself answered the question.

''Just a hit on head? that's all? That man need to know how it feel to have that artificial adrenaline rushing in your blood, how it feels to be high when you don't want to, he needed to know how deep cuts hurts, how beautiful the marks of belts look on skin, how fun it is to see our own blood gushing out of our body...to feel how it feel to be humiliated, to be tortured, to be harassed.....I couldn't just simply leave so I did what I wanted.''

''What you did, Tae?''

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­______________

Wooooooshhh!!!

What do u think Taehyung would have done??

Anyways..... I'll see u soon, take care.  Don't forget to vote and comment. Share your thoughts about the story. I would love to listen from u.

I love u soooooooooo much 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 3.9K 35
KIM TAEHYUNG a cold hearted mafia king ruling underworld with his hyungs..... JEON JUNGKOOK a innocent 18 year old boy abused by his father after his...
29.2K 948 16
A new FF about Taekook for my beloved readers. This will be a very simple yet short story about a feared mafia named Kim Taehyung who seems to fall i...
827K 32.3K 46
A story of two people being married without knowing each other.... Jeon jungkook a cold CEO, strict, rude and introvert.hidding lots of secrets Kim...
29.9K 1.2K 20
blooming love in a Mafia world no one is innocent and no one is going to survive peacefully.... Taehyung is a cold sniper under Mafia don and Jungkoo...