The Heirs

By SuitorofHell

Running was always his option whether he liked it or not. And surviving is the only thing that matters. But a... More

author's note
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
author's note
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
epilogue
quiz
promotions

chapter 18

101 17 0
By SuitorofHell

"Please forgive me, your highness. I will do whatever it takes for your mercy. I am so sor—" Cullen was suddenly cut off when Rasmus hurriedly covered his mouth.

His eyes were frantically looking around. Both scared and anxious.

"What are you doing!!!? Don't call me that!" He whisper yelled and looked at him in terror.

It was just a test and Rasmus gave him the answer. Now Cullen is the first and only person to know that he's prince Lucian.

"O-okay." Cullen muttered and gently removed his hand before stepping back.

A grin plastered on his face because his plan was a success.

"I can call you by your name right?" He asks and the boy nodded with a frown.

"Listen. I promise I'll never tell anyone. But at least tell me what happened. I owe you and your friends my life. And I wanna help you too. You know my family is powerful. We can help to back you up." Cullen whispers, loud enough for Rasmus to hear.

"It's not necessary. I-I'm not coming back." Rasmus says and immediately starts walking back to the truck to pick up the last boxes. Cullen quickly went after him. 

"What do you mean? You have the luminous. If you show it to your people. The throne is yours right away." He whispered and the younger shook his head.

"You don't understand. The people may love me. But everyone in the castle by now are pawns of my uncle. They will all kill me before the sun rises on me." He says and Cullen immediately let out a gasp.

"Holy sh*t! So there's a deep drama? Then does that mean your father, may he be happy in heaven. He didn't commit suicide?"

Rasmus suddenly stopped walking and turned to Cullen with a glare. Although his eyes are glossy.

"My father will never commit suicide. He knows it is a mortal sin. Even if he accidentally kills me, I would never want him to do that and he knows it." He says with gritted teeth.

"Then how did he die? Did your uncle kill him?" He asked and Rasmus looked away. 

He didn't want Cullen to see the tears fall. But he's too stubborn for nothing and he walked around to look at his reaction. When he did, he was quiet. 

Although Rasmus wanted him to talk, somehow the silence is comfortable.

"I understand why you don't wanna go back. Because if your uncle killed him, then he is the same man that would want me and Jairo to be dead too." Cullen murmurs as he watches the boy wipe his tears.

It was his first time seeing him cry. And it made him feel more guilty for all that he did.

"But still. My offer will always be available, Rasmus. I am guilty of what I've done and you have the power to sentence me to death. But I wanna make it up to you. We don't need to act friends at school. But I want you to know that I will help you with what you need." Cullen stated and dropped the box. He walked towards the prince and hugged him. It only took a few seconds and he started crying while muttering how much he misses his parents.

He had seen a few online videos of their family when Lucian was only a little boy. He had to spend a lot in the dark web to find it. And it's worth it.
The royal family was happy and Lucian's parents adored him so much. He was the sun and moon to them and Lucian had always been so kind and obedient. He was the perfect son.

And he didn't deserve his life to be taken away from him.

____

"Is that all of it?" Cayden asks when he saw Cullen and Rasmus entering the tent with the last of the donation boxes.

"Yeah. We already emptied the truck. It'll be back on Monday to bring more." He said and Cayden nodded. He then turned to the younger and noticed that his eyes were puffy and red.

"Did you cry?" He said out of nowhere that made the two flinch.

"He didn't. I accidentally sprayed my alcohol on his eyes. But he's fine." Cullen immediately lied and even showed the alcohol hanging on his belt.

He and Jairo have the same thing because they kept complaining how everything will be dirty and people like them must remain clean.

Cayden stared at him as if peeling his skin off. But he somehow bought the lie because his brother is a known bully. But that got Cullen a smack of a folder on his head.

"Leave him alone! He's not doing anything to you!" He yells at his brother while continuously hitting him. Rasmus tried to stop him and when Cayden was satisfied.

"Come on. You can stay with me." He says and practically dragged the male after shoving the folder to his brother so he can check the inventory himself.

The two went to the triage and Cayden sat him on a chair so he could check him. He is a medical student so he knows quite a lot.

"Do you think I would believe that he sprayed alcohol on you? You cried." He says and Rasmus knows Cayden will blurt out a list of reasons why his eyes is puffy and red so he didn't bother talking.

"Why did you even agree to help him? Being alone with my stupid brother is a stupid idea." He says and helps the boy to reduce the puffiness of his eyes.

"I'm okay. I actually feel a lot better now." Rasmus says with a gentle smile and Cayden somehow felt happy when he saw him do that.

Just like Ross. He also adores the younger when he smiles. It looks better on him unlike when he keeps a poker face.

Unbeknownst that the reason Rasmus felt a lot better is that someone comforted him for the first time ever since his father died.

Rasmus is scared that of all people who would find out, it had to be Cullen. He didn't think much of it when he saw the luminous. Because everybody keeps saying that Cullen is a face without brains.

So he did not expect that Cullen will be able to conduct his own investigation and find out that he's the prince.

But he is somehow relieved that someone knows. It makes him feel like a true person now because someone knows that the real him exists. And not just some outcast of the university.

The next day. All the students woke up early to help out the people. Everything passed by so fast until it was night time again and all the students finally went back to their dorms.

As promised. Cullen kept his mouth shut and acted normally the way he was around Rasmus. He does not bully him but he is still a tease and would not stop making silly jokes about everyone who had an epic moment during the service.

From Jairo slipping into the mud on their way to help with the donation boxes.

To Cayden and Ross playing with children to cheer them up. Cayden got drawings on his face and would not stop laughing at Ross because every kid he tries to play with would cry because they claim Ross is intimidating.

And then there's Steel and Mei who were both handing out food. And someone told them that the jam tastes bad and wants them to find peanut butter.

And lastly to Rasmus who was trying to help an old man eat but he suddenly pissed his pants and Rasmus didn't know what to do. 

He also had hilarious stories about the girls as if he was their surveillance camera.

He saw Annabelle and Xin giving out clothes but one of the kids dropped it on the mud and when Xin screamed in panic, Annabelle followed and they sounded like a choir panicking over the clothes on the mud.

Jamie, Luna and Monina who were also with Cayden and Ross at the same time were being yelled at by the kids because they are all dramatic.

Everyone in the vehicle is laughing hilariously. Even Steel, Ross and Rasmus who are not as close with Cullen. They couldn't help but laugh at his stories.

"You should've seen yourself Cullen! I got a picture of you and Wan puking just because you helped some kids find a bathroom to poop!" Cayden says and they all burst into happy laughter again.

The six were all sharing a good memory. Thanks to Cullen who started it. But he wanted to do it not to make fun of them.

But because he wanted to see Rasmus laugh now that he knows who he is. He may not know the entire detail. But he wanted the prince to find a good memory and remember it to help him stay strong.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

314K 8K 114
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
18.3K 1.6K 62
"A great sacrifice... for a greater world." - The Primes Date Started: 03/23/22 Date Finished: 08/03/22
72.3K 2.8K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
6.6K 404 18
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞? 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝: 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝: 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟖, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 �...