Swan Song ❂ Killian Jones [1]

By ProudToBeSarcastic

A swan is viewed as many things: beautiful, pure, graceful... But in Odette's eyes, a swan is something much... More

Author's Note
Aesthetics & Playlist
Act I
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Act II
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
ACT III
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
Author's Note

156

1.6K 84 13
By ProudToBeSarcastic

"Will you just hold still for a second longer so I can tie these things?" Odette grumbled in annoyance as she smacked Emma on the arm after yet another round of fidgeting that had disturbed her work.

"Is this really necessary?" Emma questioned, loudly enough to be heard beyond their little hiding spot where the two women had changed from their modern world clothes into those more appropriate for the Enchanted Forest. Clothes that Killian had rather easily stolen from someone's drying line in the village.

"What would you have done if Regina had spotted you back there?" Aramis who, by the sound of it, had already finished his own changing much quicker, thanks to the lack of a corset, called out in a knowing tone.

"There, all done." Odette announced, giving Emma's shoulders a small push so they could go out and re-join the other two.

"My guess? Run." Emma announced as she squirmed in the dress and corset in an attempt to make it all more comfortable. Odette didn't waste time on telling her it wasn't likely to happen.

"And even if we had, she'd have seen you two. Due to her alliance with King George there's a good chance she'd have recognized Odette." Killian pointed out, the tone of his voice making it clear that was a chance he was entirely unwilling to take. "And she might remember you when you first arrive in Storybrooke."

"She's gonna remember a glimpse of a face 30 years from now?" Emma questioned in a dubious tone.

"It doesn't matter if she would or wouldn't." Odette pointed out. "The goal is to make as little of a lasting impression as possible. And considering what we were wearing, I think everyone would have remembered us as the village weirdos."

"Fine. The only lasting impression I'm concerned about right now, is what this corset is making on my spleen." Emma said, waving around the skirts of her dress again and making Odette give out a small laugh.

"Your discomfort is a cross I'm willing to bear." Aramis jumped in, his flirtatious comment making Emma attempt a disapproving look only to end up smiling in his direction. And Odette had missed none of it.

"Nothing compared to what might happen if we affect the timeline which means proceeding with all caution." Killian brought an end to the short flirtation as he walked towards Odette, speaking while making sure to pull the hood of the cloak he'd gotten her over her head.

A worry that he'd left unspoken was that his mind kept going back to what she herself had said about the time they were in. It wouldn't be long before the Forest was littered with guards and knights searching for her. He was really hoping they'd find a way back to their time before that happened.

Seeing the small signs of worry on his face, Odette reached up, giving his hand a small squeeze of reassurance. But before the moment could last for too long, she turned back to Emma as she spoke. "Killian's right. You're not from a world of magic. We are. So let us be your guides." She tried to convince her goddaughter.

"Even the smallest of changes could have catastrophic consequences." Aramis nodded along, knowing it was wise to stick to themselves and avoid doing anything which might have dire results. "Things must happen as they always did."

"Which is also why we should keep moving." Odette pointed out as she began to move towards the path again. "It wouldn't be good if we run into someone and have them stuck in a conversation with us instead of going where they're meant to be and meeting the love of their life there."

"You really like making up theories of what's meant to happen, don't you?" Emma asked Odette with a confused look on her face as the rest of the group followed after her while the blonde simply shrugged her shoulders in response.

"It's important to stay aware of the stakes." After all, they shouldn't be worried only about their own futures. Something they do might change the life of a stranger, and while it would have no impact on them personally, it still wouldn't be right.

"So who would these two-" Emma was about to indulge the other woman in her little theories, however, before she could fully do so, the sound of horses coming down the road behind them had all four of them freezing for a moment as they looked back.

"It could be the Queen again." Killian announced, sharing a look with Aramis who pointed out two possible hiding spots before taking Emma by the hand and leading her in the direction of one while Killian and Odette rushed to the other. Pressing her back against the bark of a thick tree stump, Odette spared a glance around it, watching as a white carriage rolled down the path and was about to pass them.

However, it never did before it rolled to a stop, some of the guards in the front calling out to whoever it was inside. And it wasn't long before one of the occupants jumped out of the carriage to investigate the situation. "Oh boy." Odette muttered out, quickly realizing what exactly the situation was. And as she did, her eyes began glancing around the treetops above them.

"That's David. We should leave, before he-" Killian began to move, but didn't even manage to take a step away before Odette pulled him back to her with urgent force. It made him stumble a bit, nearly crashing into her before he regained his balance only to find himself much closer in front of her than either of them must've intended.

"Don't move. We can't move." Odette whispered out carefully. She knew Snow had to be somewhere around here. If she saw them moving in the area, she wouldn't risk robbing the carriage if they could see her. They couldn't put this moment of the past in danger.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Killian muttered out; his eyes entirely focused as he stared down at her. And it was impossible for Odette to turn her own away as they remained frozen in their own little moment for who knows how long.

Only when David's voice called out again, instructing his men that they had to keep moving as the log in their path was removed, did both Odette and Killian return back to reality and focused on their situation again. Eyes turning back to the road, they watched as David climbed back into the carriage again and it continued on its way.

"Did we... Did we miss it?" Odette questioned with furrowed brows, still speaking quietly even as they left their hiding places once the area was clear again. Sure, she knew how skilled of a thief Snow could be, but was she really that distracted that she'd missed the entire ordeal?

"Miss what?" Killian questioned in a confused tone as they reunited with Emma and Aramis in the middle of the road again.

"You know that thing about small changes having consequences?" Emma's question had both Killian and Odette's eyes turning to her, the pirate grunting out an affirmative response while Odette could only sigh realizing she hadn't missed anything. There had been nothing to miss.

"I'd say that was more along the lines of an enormous, elephant sized, most certainly disastrous change." Odette pointed out in an annoyed tone, knowing just how horrible the consequences of what had just happened, or rather didn't happen, could be.

"Why? What did we do?" Aramis questioned with furrowed brows, both Killian and he now glancing between the two women as they expected an answer.

"That bandit was Snow White. This was the moment my parents first met." Emma explained in a defeated tone.

"Well, if we had any doubts about it before, now we certainly have to find Rumplestiltskin." Odette gave out a small sigh, knowing the Dark One was probably their only chance at rectifying this.

"You really think he'll be willing to help us?" Aramis questioned in a somewhat dubious tone. Just as with Regina, the Rumplestiltskin they'd be dealing with here and now most certainly wasn't the same man they had grown used to in Storybrooke.

"Before? Not sure. Now? Definitely." Odette said in a completely convinced tone, earning herself a few confused looks, one from even Emma herself. "Think about it. His plan to end up in our world and find Neal? It hinges on you. You being born and breaking the curse. If anyone has a vested interest in fixing this, it's Rumple."

"Then we best get to finding him."

-----

We're close to the end, so of course, I'm on a roll. Hope no one minds!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

642K 16.9K 26
Willa Frey's beauty has been heard of throughout all the Seven Kingdoms. Everyone wants her, especially Prince Joffrey. The problem? She is in love...
762K 35.7K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
129K 2.8K 33
"Mack you need help. Let me help you" "I don't need your help Bartholomew Henry Allen" "You keep telling yourself that Mackenzie Elizabeth Carter" "...
193K 7K 48
Childhood best friends. That's the only thing that seemed to be able to describe Evelyn Wright and Daryl Dixon. They had their ups and downs as neigh...