The Empire of new Valyria

By Tungdil-Goldhand

Jon Snow the enigmatic, dour bastard of Ned Stark rather than being confined to a life of utter mediocrity an... More

Information
Prologue + Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 24

346 9 0
By Tungdil-Goldhand

————————
Eddard Stark
————————

Ned entered the Small Counsel room, with a look of hidden surprise. His King, and former friend was there, sitting in the king's chair. With him were Lords Baelish, Varys, and Renly. Ned shook his head and continued to his seat beside the king. When he sat down the doors opened to show the rest of the members of the counsel. They all went to their spot and sat down.

No one spoke, letting the silence grow to unbearable levels. That was until the king spoke loudly, "Baelish." The man looked to the king, "You said you had news for me, about the Targaryen children."

Ned instantly looked to the man, who was grinning, whom was staring at the Master of Whispers. The man looked to the king, "I do, Your Grace." He looked back to Lord Varys, "And I'm surprised that you, the Spider, hasn't heard of this."

Lord Varys looked to Baelish with an unreadable face, "As you well know, Littlefinger, my little birds have been taken from me. And I was just able to gain a few hundred more." The man grinned, "But I don't believe I'm the only one losing my little birds. You have as well, Littlefinger." The named man lost his grin, "Your idea of whores have failed you. And I believe you lost them in most, or even all of Essos, and Dorne."

Littlefinger glared at the man, and went to speak, but was stopped by the King banging his horn on the table, "That's enough from the both of you." The king looked to Baelish, "Now what is it you have heard, Baelish."

The man cleared his throat, and his grin returned, "Well from what one of my birds told me, is that the Brotherhood of the Old Gods, have placed the young Daenerys Targaryen under their wings. And that some of our assassins were able to kill the Beggar King."

Ned's eyes widened, he wasn't the only though, every member did... minus Lords Varys, and Baelish. Ned looked to his king to see that he was staring at him. The man quickly looked to Baelish, "When was this?"

Baelish shrugged, "Don't know, Your Grace." Ned saw an evil grin grow onto the man's face.

'How does Lady Tully, trust this man.' Ned said to himself. Ned then felt a deep sadness grow inside him, looking down at his hands, 'What has happened Jon? What has had you burn a city down, and now risking your family?'

Ned felt someone staring at him, a stare that felt like rage, and worry. He looked up to see that Robert was looking at him. The King spoke, "Did your Bastard know of this Ned, did he command it?" Ned just stared at the man he calls King, and shook his head. Robert looked to the two spymasters, "What was the second in command's name again?"

Varys answered, "Mance Rayder, Your Grace." He then made a look of mild disgust, "Or more commonly known as the Bard, the man who holds the biggest spy network."

Baelish then spoke, adding something to the man, "He's also a Wildling, Your Grace."

The king nodded, and looked around, "Even if the whore is protected by a company who holds more men then the Lannisters and Tyrells, I want her dead."

Ned watched as most nod, well he and Ser Barristan didn't do much. He then saw the Grand Maester speak, knowing that he would say something that would make the Lannisters greater then the Brotherhood.

But he was stopped by Lord Varys, whom also noticed what the Maester was going to do, "Don't try Grand Maester. We all know that the Brotherhood could go up against, the Lannisters and win. Not only in battle but ruthlessness, and money." Everyone shivered at just the memory of what the ruthlessness was.

The King broke the silence, "With that done I call the Small Council meeting adjourned." He looked to Baelish, "Send your best whores to my Chamber."

The man nodded and everyone left. All going their own ways. When Ned left the room he was met with the faces of Ser Arthur Reyne and Jory. Both looked like they wanted to punch each others teeth out. When they noticed that their lord was there they both looked to him and followed him to the Tower of the Hand.

When they got there they went to his room and entered. Ned went to his chair and sat down, Jory stood at the door, and Arthur went to the wine, grabbing three cups, and brought them to the table and filled them. He stopped midway on the second cup, and Ned saw him looking through the windows to the docks.

Ned looked to the docks as well and saw that there was a Galley, one that had a figurehead of a dragon and a ram of a wolf. He looked to Arthur and asked, "What ship is that, Arthur?"

Arthur looked to him, and then continued to pour the wine into the second cup, "That right there is the 'Dragonwolf'. The headship of the Brotherhood of the Old Gods, and the ship that Jon captains." Ned's head shot to the ship, and so did Jory's. Arthur spoke again, "I should be leaving. If Jon is on that ship, then he would expect me soon."

Ned nodded in understanding, and watched as the man left. He looked back at the ship. He was taken from his thoughts by Jory, "What do you think Jon is doing in King's Landing, Lord Stark?"

Ned shook his head, "No idea, friend."

————————
Gerion Lannister
————————

Gerion entered the shit hole called a capital. Behind him was his daughter, Joy. He looked back to see that her face was morphed into one of disgust and horror. He didn't judge her. The last time he was here was about the last few moons of Tywin being hand of the king, for Aerys. And he even believes the smell got worse.

Gerion looked back at the road in front of him. He looked around to see a lot of the Smallfolk were looking at them... wait not him. They were looking at his love and joy. He quickly looked back and saw that she noticed as well. He waved his hand to motion her to come closer. And she did.

Gerion continued on his way to the harbour, and he got there he saw the head ship of the Brotherhood's navy, the Dragonwolf. He took another step forward but was stopped when he felt a hand grabbed his shoulder, he turned around drawing his sword, and when he found who grabbed his shoulder, he smiled as he saw Ser Arthur Reyne with each of their swords pointing at each other's neck.

Arthur was the first to sheathed his sword and to speak, "Gerion." He smiled, and looked pass him to Joy, "I see you brought someone with you."

Gerion sheathed his sword and introduced the two, "Arthur this is my daughter Joy. Joy this is my fellow commander Arthur Reyne." Gerion watched as Joy's eyes widened, at the family name he just spoke.

Arthur grinned, "Yes House Reyne is still alive. Your uncle, Tywin, did kill all of the Reynes... but only on one continent, but completely forgot that there was a bastard son of Reynard Reyne." Joy slowly nodded.

Gerion looked towards the Dragonwolf, and that people were getting off, and he smiled as he saw Jason and Aliandra being carried, Gendry carrying Jason, and an armed knight carrying Aliandra, and how they were trying their best to cover their nose of the stench that KL had, and then he saw the honey-blonde hair, of Val and how her face was partly green.

Gerion walked towards the ship and was followed by Joy and Arthur. When they got closer Gerion heard two, "Gerry!" Come from the kids, as they try to fight those that were carrying them. Gerion noticed with a sad frown, that their legs weren't moving. But that frowned quickly changed as they came closer, and then they noticed Arthur, and yelled, "Art!"

Gendry greeted them with a nod, as he handed off Jason to Arthur, and the Armour knight nodded as well, and handed Aliandra to him. The knight looked back to the ship, and Gerion followed his line of sight and saw that Val was still on the ship.

The knight sighed, and looked towards them as he lifted the visor, showing the face of his commander, friend, and King-Emperor, "Well she's going to hate it when I say that this is going to be the capital until the City of New Valyria is complete."

He smiled as Jon spoke, "For sure." He looked to Jon, and asked, "So why are we in this shit hole?"

Jon nodded, and looked over to Arthur, "We will talk about that when we get to the Tower of the Hand. I need to say see a few people, and make sure Aerea, and Jac are having fun, with their aunts, uncle, and grandfather." They nodded, and Jon looked back to Val, "I should probably get her." He sighed, and turned to get his wife, but stopped.

Gerion watched as Jon turned around to look at his daughter, "It's a joy to see you again Joy. I'd love to stay and chat, but I need to get a few things done first."

Joy nodded, "Then later maybe. When you aren't so busy."

Gerion watched as Jon nodded, "And maybe I could play Cyvasse with you, and a new game that my Master of Research invented." Jon said as he turned around and Gerion smiled at the tiny conversation Joy and commander just had.

————————
Val
————————

She hated this city, she hated the smell, how it looked, and the people inside of it... minus those that are starving and are homeless... but everyone else she hated. She hated the kneelers wearing golden armour. So to avoid the smell, she stayed behind Jon and just inhaled his smell, and instead of looking at those people around them she stayed strictly behind Jon, only looking at the armour on his back.

But when they came to a stop, Val looked to where they were and found them in front of walls a pale red. She turned back to Jon's back, and just waited for this to be over, ignoring what was being said and just waited. Soon they continued and Val listened as they moved, but what she was paying the most attention to was the conversation Jon was having with Gerion's daughter, Joy.

"So what is this game called?" Joy asked. Val grinned as she knew where this was going, and hearing the little something in her voice.

"It's a game like Cyvasse, but in my opinion better. It's called Chess." Jon answered Joy's question, "I will show you how the game works when we're done."

"I would like that. Cyvasse gets boring when you keep playing it over, and over, and over, and over again." Val said, with a little of her namesake in her voice.

"I'm happy to help with getting out of playing Cyvasse, over, and over, and over again." Jon said.

Val was too focused on the conversation to stop when Jon stopped, and bumped into him and made him lose his balance. Lucky he gained it, and turned around to her and lifted his visor, to show a grin, and his eyes sparkling.

"Now Val, what got your interest that made you stop focusing on what was in front of you? That isn't like you, love." Jon whispered.

She went to answer but was stopped by hearing a door opening, and a voice speaking, "Arthur? Who are the people you brought with you?" She looked past her lover, and to the man at the door. The man was wearing unadorned blue-grey plate armor and a thin cloak.

But before Arthur spoke another voice answered, from inside the room, "Let them in Jory. I believe I know who Arthur is with." The man inside the room spoke.

"But my lord there are seven of them." The man named Jory said.

"Jory, I'm not going to ask again. Let them in." The lord said. Jory sighed and opened the door for them to enter. Val went to follow but was stopped when Jon placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her a little peck on the lips. Jon turned around and entered, reaching to his helmet and took it off.

All the while this was happening Val was grinning and watched her lovers ass, 'I'm going to have that soon, and there will be nothing that will stop me.' She thought to herself. She soon followed and entered the room, to find a man with a face like her lover, but older.

————————
Eddard Stark
————————

Ned smiled as he watched as an armoured Jon Snow entered his room, with him were Robert's legitimized bastard son, Sers Arthur and Gerion, with the latter being followed by a girl of the same age as Jon but maybe a year or two younger, both men were carrying a kid, and the last to enter was a women, who she instantly knew was the mother of Aerea and Jacaerys.

Ned stood, and smiled, "Jory go get Jacaerys and Aerea. I believe their mother and father are here to see them." Jory nodded, and turned to leave. When he left Ned walked to stand in front of his desk, and to stand in front of the dark skinned girl, and hair and with light velvet eyes, in Ser Gerion arms, "Now what is your name, and who are you mama and papa?"

The girl tried to hide behind something and mumbled, "My name is Ali, and my mama and papa are Arianne Martell, and him." She pointed to Jon, still trying to hide from him.

Ned held about his hand, "Nice to meet you Ali, my name is Eddard but I go by Ned." Ned watched as the little girl slowly reached her hand out and they shook hands. The girl started giggling and it made Ned smile. He moved onto the boy with nothing of Jon but he knew that the boy was his grandchild, "And who might you be?"

The boy smiled, and said loudly, "My name is Jason, but I go by Ja for those that are lazy to say Jason." The boy smiled widely as pretty much everyone laughed, including Ned.

"Nice meeting you, Jason." He smiled as the boy took his hand, and tried his best to shake it. Ned back away, and looked towards Jon, and said, "So I have more grandchildren then just Aerea and Jacaerys?"

Jon grinned, and hugged him, "Only four, Father." Jon backed away and Ned saw something click in his nephew's eyes, "But that might change, I believe."

The women with honey-blonde hair, walked towards Jon, "And what do you mean by that?" The woman asked.

Ned watched as Jon avoided the question, and looked to him, "Father this is Val, the mother of Aerea and Jacaerys. Val this is my father by right." Ned smiled as he heard Jon called him father.

Ned looked to the woman named Val, and smiled, and went to say something but was stopped when Val spoke first, "Your a kneeler?"

Ned was confused at what she meant, and went to ask, but again he was stopped because some spoke first, and this time it was Gendry, "Lord Stark." Ned looked to him, "Val is a Freefolk, and still believes that everyone below the wall is a kneeler, and what she means by that is you how to a king."

Ned slowly nodded, and looked towards Val, "Uhh yes I am a kneeler." Val snorted and looked toward Jon and spoke, in a forgin language that he didn't understand, and he watched as Jon answered with a voice full of annoyance. He looked to the other's and asked, "What language is that and what are they saying?"

Gendry answered, "That tongue is the Old Tongue. I know a bit but those two are masters at it and I'm even confused at what they are saying. The only ones that could probably understand them are the giants, the thenns, and the twins."

Ned nodded, and looked towards the last lady, "Lord Eddard Stark."

The girl nodded, with a tiny smile, "I know Lord Stark. I'm Joy Hill, daughter of Gerion Lannister." She gave a little curtsy, with a little smile.

Ned smiled, and went to speak but the door to his room opened first and entered both Aerea, Jacaerys, and Jory. The two kids looked around and saw their mother and father and yelled, "Mama! Papa!" Which got the two out of an argument, and both looked towards the twins, and both smiled as the twins crashed into them, and luckily none hit Jon's armour.

Ned smiled as the four interacted and spoke in the old tongue. Ned looked towards Gendry, and asked, "Can you tell me why you are all here?"

Gendry nodded, and went to answer, but before he could speak the twins yelled, "Jason! Aliandra!" Ned watched as both knights placed them on the ground as the four siblings interacted. Ned also noticed that the two younger ones couldn't move their legs.

Jon answered the question most everyone had on their mind, "There was an accident in Volantis, with them breaking their spine. Making it so that they can't walk or feel anything below the belt."

Ned looked to the two kids with wide eyes. He kept his eyes on them as they spoke with Aerea and Jacaerys. Their future was taken from them.

Ned was taken from his starring Jon speaking, "Don't pity them. For since they found out they could never walk, that smile they carry hasn't left their face. They haven't stopped smiling, and look at them. They are still able to play with their older siblings." Jon laughed a little, "You want to know what they said to me when I told them." Jon looked at them and smiled, "They said with the same smile, that they didn't care for that they still have their families love."

Ned looked to the two and smiled as they smiled as Aerea and Jacaerys continued playing with them. Ned looked towards Jon and smiled, "At least they are happy."

Jon nodded, and took a seat, "I came here to do a few things, father but the first is to take care of unfinished business with someone."

————————
Arya Stark(15 days later)
————————

Arya played with Aerea's hair as she laughed and waited for the tourney to begin. Beside them was Jacaerys who was in Father's lap, playing with the hand of the king necklace. Arya looked up to see the familiar looking blue/white that had twists of what looks like wind engraved in the armour. Arya remembered seeing that armour before but she couldn't remember when, but when she looked at the knight, she felt her heartbeat faster, and when the person left it felt like she was missing something.

Arya was taken from her thoughts as she saw a familiar head of honey-blonde hair. She looked to her left to see that Jacaerys was still with her father playing with the necklace. She looked back to the person with the same honey-blonde hair. And watched as she sat down fairly close to them.

Arya leaned towards her father, and whispered to him, "Father doesn't she have the same looks as Jac?" She heard her father laugh, and looked up to him, and her 'Dance Teacher', and saw that they were laughing, "What's so funny?"

Her father looked to Ser Arthur and nodded, "Do you think it is time to tell her?"

Ser Arthur shrugged with a grin, "It's up to you, My Lord. Just tell me the words and I will get them." Arya watched as her father nodded, and as Arthur left the stands.

Arya looked to her Father and asked, "What's going on? Did I miss something?"

Her father smiled, "Just you wait, my Little Wolf. I have a surprise for you, something that will make you extremely happy." Arya just nodded, and looked back to the familiar looking person and found that Arthur was with her, and was whispering something into her ear.

Arya watched as the lady stood and followed Arthur. Arya was really confused now. Someone looking like Jacaerys shows up, and for some reason her father knows that person. She looked back to where the people entered the stand, and watched as Arthur, Jory, and that woman walked up to the stand. And in each of the men's arms was a child. Even though Arya didn't know the two kids, she instantly fell in love with the two of them.

Arya looked up to her father with a questioning look. He smiled, and looked back, "Arya I want to introduce you to, Val. Aerea, and Jacaerys mother. And in Jory's and Arthur's arms are Ali, and Jason. Another niece and nephew."

Arya turned her head to the two and smiled a big wolf smile, "So there Jon's?" As she said that she felt a feeling rise in her. Her father nodded, "So is Jon here?"

"I can't say that he is or isn't, my Little Wolf." Her father answered, and Arthur placed Jason into his lap. She watched as the boy interacted with her father, and smiled. After a few minutes Arya felt the weight in her lap leave, and she watched as Aerea and Jacaerys ran to their mother.

Arya missed the weight, but it didn't take long for the weight to return but this time with someone completely different. In her lap was Ali, and she watched as Jory left her with her new niece. When she caught sight of the colour of the girl's eyes, she instantly gave the girl a big hug, "Oh I love you already!" She yelled.

She felt someone pushing on her chest, and backed up, and looked down at the girl, and saw that she was looking at her, "My name is Aliandra, but everyone calls me Ali for short." The girl smiled a big smile.

Arya smiled down at her and smiled, "And my name is-"

"I already know your name. Old Man told me who you are. Your Aunt Arya." The girl smiled.

Arya heard laughter, and looked behind her and saw Arthur, and Jory was laughing at what her niece just said, "Is that what you're calling me, loves?" She looked to her father, and saw that he was looking between Aliandra, and Jason.

She smiled as both of the kids, said the same thing at the same time, "Old Man!" Arya watched as her Father released a sigh.

When every settled down a bit Arya looked around noticing that Sansa has gone to her old self, believing everything in the stories. She saw the banners of Houses Martell, Tyrell, Lannister, and Tully, in their own stands.

Arya then felt light breathing on her chest, and looked down at Ali and saw that she was fast asleep. She looked over to Jason, and saw that he was the same. She looked back to Ali and played with her dark hair. She looked up as she watched Aerea sat down beside her, and soon the woman, Val, was beside her smiling, "I need to take both Ali, and Jason to their room. So if you can hand over Ali."

Arya looked down at the girl and handed her over to Val, and watched as her father handed Jason to the mother of the twins, and watched as Jacaerys sat down beside her father.

She heard her father speaking, and looked to him, "Who do you think are participating in the Malee, Ser Arthur."

Arya looked to her friend, and saw him grinning at the Lannister stand, "I don't know, My Lord. But I believe there will be 2 participants from each Kingdom, minus the North and the Iron Islands." The grin grew.

She looked towards the Lannister's stand and saw an old bald man were staring at them, 'Lord Tywin Lannister.' She thought with disgust in her mind. She hated the Lannisters, she hated them all... minus the Dwarf. Thinking about the 'Golden' lions, made her look around. Looking for the long greying golden hair. She failed in her search of Gerion Lannister.

"I also believe we have three Mystery Knights, and the Red Priest, Thoros of Myr." Ser Arthur continued. Making her look towards where she saw the blue and white armour. She looked and saw that the person was gone.

A horn blew, and everyone looked towards the field, and saw a bold, white bearded man, "Ladies, Lords, Princes, Princesses, My Queen, and My King!" He looked to everyone, skipping the Smallfolk, "May I introduce you to the participants for this Malee." The man looked to the side.

That was when she noticed the armoured men. Some wearing light leather, and other's wearing heavy steel, and one even wearing a bronze chestplate.

She looked back to the man, "Representing the Riverlands we have Ser Edmure Tully, and Jason Mallister." Claps went around, mainly from the Tully's and some of their bannermen. She looked towards the side of the field, and saw two men walking towards the center. And the first thing that went through her head when she saw the familiar red hair was, 'I'm related to that idiot.'

The man spoke again, "Representing the Vale are Ser Yohn Royce, and Ser Bryndon Tully." Two more men walked toward the centre but this time both were greying. The man continued, "Representing the Crownlands we have Ser Jamie Lannister, and Sandor Clagne." The two named men walked forward and entered the field, "Representing Dorne we have Prince Oberyn Martell and Ser Gerold Dayne."

Arya watched as two dornish men entered the field, one holding a spear, and the other holding a longsword. She saw the spear holding man grin towards the three Mystery Knights.

The announcer continued, "Representing the Reach, we have Loras, and Garlen Tyrells." Two men with armour covered in flowers stepped into the field, one making every maid fluster. Arya looked towards her sister and saw the same. Arya shook her head in disappointment.

"Representing the Westerlands, we have Gregor Clagne, and Addam Marbrand." The announcer spoke. Arya watched as two men enter, one that could rival the GreatJon's height, and the other reaching the height of a normal man.

"And coming from Myr, we have Thoros." A man wearing red stepped onto the field. When Arya looked at the man she got the same feeling she got from that sword Jon showed her. A feeling of bitter cold running down her spine.

"But that's not all." The announcer spoke, "We have three Mysterious Knights fighting in the melee." At this point the three mystery knights entered the field. Arya looked to each one. One was carrying a warhammer, and the other two carrying bastard-swords.

The one with the warhammer was wearing black armour, with a raging bull on the front, and was wearing a helmet, in the shape of a bulls head. The taller of the other two was wearing red armour, with a laughing lion on the front, and was wearing a helmet in a shape of a lion. The last was wearing blue and white armour, with a running dire wolf, running in what looks like a snowstorm, and a helmet in the shape of a snarling wolf.

The announcer introduced the three knights, "Let me introduce you to the Raging Bull, the Laughing Lion, and finally the Winter's Wolf." The Smallfolk clapped for the spoken men. But the Lords, and Ladies were quiet.

Arya looked to her father, whom had a hidden smile on his face, "So that is what he chose." Her father whispered, all the while looking towards the knight of the Winter's Wolf.

Arya looked towards the knight, and glared, 'Who is that.' And at that moment Arya caught a glimpse of an angry purple between the visors. Arya's eyes flew open and her heart beat faster, 'Jon's here... Like he promised.' She said to herself with joy.

But then she remembered Ghost, and how she failed to protect the white fur ball. Arya then saw the masked Jon shake his head, like he knew what she was thinking. Arya's smile grew, and she looked to her father, "Father is that Jon?" She looked around hoping to see Bran, but then she realized that Bran wasn't with them, "And where is Bran?"

Her father smiled, "You and Jon always knew where each other are, and yes that is Jon. And for Bran he is being a temporary squire for the Mystery Knights."

She smiled, and looked towards the field always keeping her eyes on Jon. All the participants spread out, when they were done the announcer backed away from the field and spoke, "When this cloth hits the ground the Malee will begin." He threw the cloth up into the air.

Arya watched as the cloth slowly went to the floor, and when it did, in a flash the Malee began. Arya watched as Yohn Royce and Gerold Dayne clashed, she watched as Sandor went to fight his brother but was blocked by Prince Oberyn. She watched as both representatives of Riverlands teamed up on her grand uncle. She looked on as Ser Jamie's sword clashed with Ser Addam's sword. She watched as swords clashed with swords.

But then she realized that a circle was forming. And in the centre stood Ser Gregor Clagne, the Mountain, and Jon Snow, the Winter's Wolf. With the former holding a sword the length of Jon's body, and the latter wielding a bastard sword, and a shield.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 40.2K 197
After Jon Snow killed his one true love, Drogon took her body to Essos, meanwhile, Jon Snow went back to the Wall, then joined the wildings. He thoug...
495 17 6
Jon Snow lived a good life in Winterfell as a Ward of the Starks, he was lucky that Lord Eddard Stark had taken him in at such a young age after his...
150K 6.3K 65
As many know after the BlackFyre rebellions, the remains have retreated to Essos. Many thought the name had died down because there were no male succ...
780K 25.2K 48
they married for duty. they ruled for the realm. they fought for justice. but they healed for each other. A story in which two broken souls, brought...