Bet On Us

By Brooklyne61217

Katie, aged 21, moves to London hoping to start a new life and find the perfect career. It all hits South, wh... More

1. Welcome To London
2. Meeting Mr.Stone
4. Actions Mean Consequences
5. Honesty
6. My Broken Heart
7. Intimidation
8. Working With A Billionaire
9. Uncalled Chemistry
10. My Shattered Past
11. Where Have You Been?
12. Anothor Day In Paradise
13. Gates Of Hell
14. Learning To Live
15. Fighting Through The Storm
16. Take It Or Leave It
17. Hidden Truths
18. My confession
19. It Just Wasn't Meant To Be
20. My Healing Process
21. Stab Wound
22. Jealously Moments
23. My Twin Flame
24. What Now?
25. Run Me Like A River
26. Turn Up The Heat
27. Lost & Found
28. His Favourite Son
29. Justice
30. Freedom Is Ours
To Be Continued...

3. Live A Little

7 0 0
By Brooklyne61217

"Sorry Miss. Roland, this won't happen again. I promise you" Robert cried

I bit my lip, not because Robert was a turn on or anything like that. It was because anxiety overwhelmed me. It's like the minute I stepped foot in London, I'm a thief.

I'm pissed off so much.

"Thank you Robert, see you Tuesday. Bye" I replied calmly

I walked towards my car, put the keys in, put all my belongings next to me. I start to calm myself down first before I drove, which was the safest thing to do.

-10 minutes later-

I started to make my way back to my flat. I parked up, grabbed my belongings, and hopped out of the car. Shut the door behind me and locked it up.
I took a deep breath, and walked up my flight of stairs.
Put the key in, turned the handle and opened it.

Suddenly, my phone began to ring.
Who's phoning me now?
I'm not in the mood.

-Beep Beep-

I take my phone out of my pocket, looked on the screen, and saw my exes name.
What the hell does he want?

Yes, I had a boyfriend before I moved here.
We dated for 3 years.
I found him in bed with my best friend.
Well, I thought she was anyway.
So I broke up with him, because I deserve better.

I picked up the phone and declined it.
I put my passcode in, rang my best friend Miah.
Miah is a lovely girl, she has long blonde thin hair, blue squinty eyes, stick thin, and always wears a smile.
When she wants to dress up for a night out, she slays honestly.
She's been there for me through thick and thin. I love her to pieces.
She's my rock.

-Calling Miah-
-Beep beep-
-Beep Beep-

"Hey girl, how are you?" Miah asked
"I'm good thanks, you?" I replied
"Non-stop working hun" Miah answered
"Guess what?" I asked
"What you done now? You haven't got a fella have you? When's the wedding?" She giggled
"No not yet, I got the job at the hotel!" I screamed
"No way, that's fucking amazing! Well done girl!" Miah screamed
"Shall we celebrate?" I asked
"Oh my god, yes! I'll be there soon" Miah answered
"Bye, girl" Miah screamed
"Bye" I beamed

I was excited, I felt like I hadn't seen her in so long, it felt like years!
It was 17:00pm, I had a quick wash in the shower, shaved, dried myself off.
Put on a red dress, put my white heels on, once my hair was dried, I started straightening it.

Put my gold earrings in, what my mum brought for me for Christmas. Re-applied my make up, and I was done.

17:30pm

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I looked through the peephole, and it was Miah!

O M G!

I opened the door, and gave her a massive hug, I was so happy to see her.

"Hey!" Miah screamed
"Hey! Come on in" I replied

Miah walked in, looked around, and started looking for a bottle opener.

"Come on, this bottle of wine isn't going to empty itself luv" Miah cried

I let out a giggle, I found two wine glasses, and started to pour the wine into my glass.

"We'll drink this, and we will go to a night club" Miah said

I nodded. She was already dressed and ready to go. She wore a purple thrilly dress, black heels, a pearl necklace round her neck, black earrings. She had her hair curled. Miah looked beautiful!

"Yes, we shall?" I responded
"I've already got somebody to pick me up, so don't worry about me" Miah answered
"Are you sure? You could've stayed here for the night" I asked
"I'm staying at a hotel for the night" Miah replied
"What one?" I asked curiously
"Malcolm Stones" Miah replied

I nearly spat my drink out, why did she want to go there for? I bet it's because Malcolm has a fit son. Don't worry, I'm not jealous. I just don't want to see Miah get hurt, that's all.

"I'm starting work there Tuesday" I answered
No way really?" Miah asked
"Yes, I told you over the phone" I beamed
"Hmmm, you do know I get a discount? Im related to them" Miah responded

NO FUCKING WAY!
She didn't tell me that she was related to billionaires.
How did I not know this?
WHAT THE FUCK!
That means I said one of her family members were hot.
O M G!

"You never told me that!" I screamed
"Yeah my birth name is Miah Stone, but I'm married with Ben. So my new name is Miah Stokes" Miah responded
"How are you and Ben?" I replied curiously
"Yes, we're good. We're planning on having kids, when I'm 24. But I want to live a little, you know?"
"Yes, I understand. Anyway, we ready to go clubbing girl?" I asked
"Yes, let's go!" Miah beamed

18:30pm

We arrived at the nightclub, it was called Larry's. It had purple neon colours on the outside and inside. For some reason, it was giving me alien vibes. I don't know why, it hit different.

We walked in, found a booth, and started to order my favourite drink, sex on the beach cocktail.
Miah ordered a double rum and coke.
The music boomed throughout the entire nightclub, it was wild, I was loving every minute of it.

After a couple cocktails, we started to dance on the dance floor. A bloke came over, and started to dance with me, I didn't think nothing of it. I just danced like I hadn't before.

I decided to sit back down for a bit, as I got a little carried away on the dance floor. I ordered a gin an tonic. Miah came and sat back down, and ordered a vodka shot.

19:07pm

Suddenly, Robert walked through the door.
O M G!
Miah walked over to him, gave him a hug, and had a little chat.
I sat at the booth, looking like an idiot.

I walked over, to get involved in the conversation, I couldn't help it.

"You've met my good friend Katie, haven't you?" Miah cried

Robert looked at me, it was like he was examining my body, what was he playing at? He isn't getting none of me tonight, I'll tell you that. He started licking his lips. Was I imagining things? Did he actually just lick his lips in front of me?

I didn't think nothing of it.

"Yes I have, lovely to see you both. See you guys later" Robert replied

"You too" Miah answered

Miah waved them goodbye, and they went to sit at a different booth.
I kept overthinking what he had done, did he actually just do that? Or was I imagining it? Why would he do that? I thought he only liked dating billionaires himself?

Never mind, I'm too young to worry about all of this.
I sat back at my booth, ordered a glass of wine. Miah ordered another double rum and coke.
She was on the dance floor enjoying herself, I let her enjoy herself. Bless her!

20:30pm

After my wine, I headed to the dance floor. I started to enjoy myself, even though I was a shit dancer. I didn't care what anybody else thought. I danced with Miah, most of the night.

I shouted to Miah: "going out for a social smoke, want to come?"

"Nah, I'll carry on dancing" Miah replied

I nodded, I opened the door, and went outside for a fag.

Yes, I'm guilty! I social smoke, only with a drink though.

Robert come outside for a smoke, I didn't look in his direction whatsoever. I was nervous, I could see out of the corner of my eye, that he was staring me out. What is his problem?
All these men are weirdos.

As I turn my head, I see Robert kissing a girl, really? That escalated quickly. I rolled my eyes, took a deep breath, and went back inside.

As I walked in, I couldn't see Miah anywhere!
Oh, no!
Where has she gone?
I checked the toilets, I checked the whole entire dance floor, I ran outside looking for Robert.
Ahh I found him!

"Robert? Please help me, Miah has gone missing" I cried

I started panicking, I didn't think he was going to help, it was his family though. Why wouldn't he?

"Okay Katie, let's go look for her" Robert replied

Hmmm, he isn't as bad as I thought.

We looked outside, there was an alley next to the nightclub. I had a strange feeling that she could be down there.

"Wait" Robert cried
"I'm going with or without you Robert!" I replied

He looked at me with a shocked look, obviously I was tipsy. But I wasn't drunk, I knew what I was doing.

I peeped round the corner of the alleyway, I saw Miah stood there being held at gun point. I never felt so terrified in all my life. I grabbed the nearest to most sharpish object I could find.

"Go and get security" I whispered to Robert

Robert nodded and ran off to find security.
I found a glass bottle, and whacked it round the guys head, he fell to the ground. I picked up a cloth, grabbed his gun, and aimed it at him.

I felt so angered, my blood was boiling, and I was in a state of panic.

"Miah? You okay?" I asked
"Y-y-yes, I'm okay Katie" Miah replied
"Did he hurt you?" I asked
"No, just frightened me with the gun" Miah replied

Miah was trembling, she sounded as frightened as anything. I felt bad for her, because I wasn't there when she was taken. I felt like it was my fault, and now here I am pointing a gun at this fucking idiot.

I could scream right now! But I choose not too.
My dad was in the army for 10 years, before he passed away. He taught me how to use a gun, and how to fight.
Within the 10 years he worked there, he became the highest in the rank.

I knew how to use a gun, I wasn't frightened to use one if I needed too. Miah knew that too.

21:30pm

Security came running out, and the police were called, I heard constant echos calling my name. I was in my own world. I was thinking, should I just pull the trigger on this barsted?

"Katie?" Miah asked

Reality hit back at me, I turned around, and Miah looked scared.

I handed the gun over to the police, they arrested the bloke, and locked him up.

"You okay Miah?" I asked
"Yes, I'm okay" Miah cried

I turned around, and gave her a hug. Miah started to cry, she has never been in that situation before.

"It's okay Miah, don't cry. You're okay now" I said comforting her

"I thought you was going to pull the trigger" Miah replied

"No Miah, I wouldn't of done. I promise you" I answered

If he hurt Miah, I would've killed him. But I didn't, all I thought about in that moment was Miah.
I would protect her at all costs, no matter what it took. She helped me through everything, now I've repaid the favour.

Miah meant everything to me, I've known her since I was 8.

"I've never seen you look like that before" Miah cried

"Sorry I scared you, I wouldn't of shot him" I replied

"You would've done, if he hurt me"...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 7.3K 53
What could possible break two people apart that gave up everything to be with each other? For Amira and Mason there's two things. An unforgettable d...
16.7K 465 43
π’―π“Œπ‘œ π“…π‘’π‘œπ“…π“π‘’. π’―π“Œπ‘œ π“ˆπ“‰π‘œπ“‡π’Ύπ‘’π“ˆ. π’―π“Œπ‘œ π“ˆπ‘’π’Έπ“‡π‘’π“‰π“ˆ. Isabella Leighton, a 23-year-old aspiring lawyer, unexpectedly lands a job working...
77.9K 3.4K 32
You can find yourself drowning in a relationship that's not healthy just because you're scared of getting hurt. That's not ok. We all need to feel lo...
3.1M 83.9K 39
Kevin Jones is the person you want to stay away from by all means. He will use you, then throw you out like a dog. He will make you feel, then break...