Double fire🔥

由 _queenziraa

She breathes fire 🔥 He breathes fire🔥 The word 'detest' isn't enough to describe what these two have for... 更多

//1-pt1//:Graduation
//1pt2//: Graduation
//2//:Last day
//3//:Farewell Motherland
//4//:Shopping Spree
//5//:New Year, New Beginning
//6//: New York City
//7//: Invited and Univited guests
//8//: Down the Streets of the City
//9//:Together for good
//10//:Fashion Week
//11//:Home Sweet Home
//12//:First day at home
//13//:Revelations
//14//:Bully
//15//:Wedding bells
//16//:Refueling Danger and Trouble
//17//:A Night in the comfort of the street
//18//:This love thing
//19//:Sacrifices and Alliance
//20//:Thunderstorms
//21//:Lifesavers
//22/:Fashion Exhibition and Fashion Show
//23//:Preparations and Arrangements
//24//:Events
//25//:Nikkah
//26//:Supposed couples
//27//: Somewhat Euphoric
//28//:Baba Kaka
//29//:Emotional Turmoil
//30//:Birthday disaster
//31//:Entangled love
//32//: Jannah's birthday lunch
//33//:Violence 2.0
//34//:Verily,each soul shall taste death
//35//: Unleashing the Dragon
//36//: Where they tell their stories
//37//: Where they tell their stories 2
//38//: Forgive and Forget
//39//: Fire on Fire
//40//: Despair
//41//: Beauty in Red
//42//: From him we are and to him we shall return
//43//: Goodbye Sanity
//44//: Numbness
//45//: SA
//46//: J'taime Mie Amour
//47//: Reincarnation
Characters
//48//: Revelations of Mysteries
//49//: More Secrets
//50//: Calm before the storm
//51//: Havoc/Mayhem/Massacre
//52//: Non-existent
//53//: Self-Defence
//54//: Unalive
//55//: Adieu
//56//: Princess
//57//: Pure love
//58//: Moving on
//59//: FAROOQ'S POV
Epilogue

//60//: Double Fire

463 66 152
由 _queenziraa

THIRD PERSON'S POV
31ST JANUARY, 2023
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

Sabrina fixed Safreen's knee length coat which was really small. Well, the daughter was small so all her clothes ought to be. She wore a Baby Gigot Sleeve Top & Plaid Print Asymmetrical Hem Skirt with black tights and a black knee length coat over it. These were the first clothes she purchased for her from DILA KS.

It was because she knew Mimi had designed it. She saw it from her last post on instagram so she did the needful and purchased it. The outfit was so beautiful and was perfect for her little Safreen.

"Princess, I don't want to go for a walk!" Safreen whined loudly folding her small arms across her chest with a slight glare.

"What did I tell you about being lazy?" Sabrina slipped in her own similar clothes but her coat was a long one, so was the skirt.

"Boring! I don't want to go! I don't want to go! I don't want to go! I don't!" She started stumping her feet on the ground and screaming till she mistakenly hit the vase behind her which came crashing down to pieces.

Sabrina glowered at her as she roughly slipped the last hands gloves. "Keh ubanki!; your father!" She didn't even know when the words rolled down from her tongue but it did. She missed her father's tongue for reals. Over here, it's not like Coach understood the language. Beside, she doesn't talk to anyone.

The little girl squinted her eyes with each hand placed on her waist, trying to process what her mother said. "What did you say?" She batter her eyelashes as though it wasn't her being stubborn a while ago.

Sabrina gave her a fake smile as she bent down to her level. "Anti jameela; you're beautiful." What's going on with her head? From her father's language to her mother's language.

It's the thing. It's after her once again. That crazy fluid that was halfway out after she birthed Safreen. It's slowly coming back to her system after such a long time. She doesn't think she can handle it.

"What's that again?"

"I'm teaching you, your language." She pointed out. Well at first, it was an insult which she isn't supposed to learn at an early age. It will mess her up if she started using vulgar words at four. And Sabrina would be tagged as the worst mom in the world.

Safreen squinted her eyeballs even smaller as she wasn't buying a word her mom was saying. "Are you lying, Princess?"

Sabrina's eyes went wide as saucers at her outburst. The girl's mouth had no filter at all. "Are you calling me a liar, Safreen Aliza Khaleed?" She blurted out in disbelief.

Safreen knew she couldn't escape her this time. She's been too naughty for the night. So she took a run to only God knows where. Sabrina screamed out I'm frustration. The girl was slowly making her lose her mind.

But then again, she's just behaving like her after all. Especially the 'running away when you can't face your problem' part. That was Sabrina in all glory.

Tying her shoe laces so she she wouldn't trip and make a fool out of herself in public, she ran after Safreen as fast as she could. The girl knew corners and shortcuts to most of the places in LA but what she forgot was that Sabrina's favorite city was LA so there's no shortcut or route she doesn't know.

She's flabbergasted that she could run this fast.

"Get back here, Safreen!" She quickened her pace as she tugged back her scarf.

Safreen didn't stop till she reached a bench. The same bench Sabrina sat on last the day she gave birth to Safreen. The bench she last saw her Farooq.
On reaching the destination, her heart stopped beating for a slight moment as she couldn't comprehend what was happening. No, it can't be. Her left hand started shaking as her anxiety crippled over her. She immediately put the hand behind her back.

"Tell her not to beat me." She hid behind his legs, clutching onto it as though afraid of letting it go. She felt this feeling of protection and safety the moment she laid her eyes on him. She used his legs as shield against her wacko mother.

He chuckled lightly at the girl whom desperately was hiding from her mother. "Who?" He questioned, squatting down to her level.

Safreen frowned placing one arm on his shoulder then the other hand was used to point at Sabrina who was rooted at her spot. She couldn't move an inch from there. Her heart wasn't by her side this time.

Farooq averted his gaze to Sabrina who stood few feet away from them. It only took a matter of minutes for him to recognise her. Not as Adila, but as the pregnant woman that was seated with him on this same bench four years ago. The gloves, mask, musk, and the shades. "She's your mother?" He asked Safreen who refused to let go off of him.

She nodded slowly. "She's my princess actually."

He chuckled again at the girl's level of enthusiasm. There was something peculiar about the girl but he couldn't lay it out properly. How she spoke, how she ran over as though she was running away from her problems, how she clutched onto him like her life depended on him, her choice of words and by the looks of it stubbornness, it was all so strange to him.

"Oh is she?" Farooq raised a brow, pushing back the strand of hair that was getting in her eye to the back of her ears.

She nodded. "She's very sweet, the sweetest even. But when she gets mad, you know what you should do?" She whispered the last part into his ear afraid that her mother would hear her.

"Run for your life." He couldn't hold back the laughter that was in him, he burst out into fits of laughter. He hadn't laughed this well in a long time.

A random four year old was able to lighten up his soar mood. "But why is that?" He found himself inquiring even more with a grin decorating his features. He was staring at Sabrina whom hasn't moved an inch nor has she uttered a single word since they got here.

"Because she's a dragon! Duh!" Safreen blurted out then hid behind him again. Sabrina might be wearing shades and mask but her daughter knew she was throwing daggers her way.

But she was wrong this time. Her whole attention was fixated on her Farooq. She wanted to walk over to him and give me a huge warm hug. She wanted to do a lot of things to him but she couldn't.

She can't.

The word dragon reminded him of Adila. She was a dragon in it realest form. Why was everything reminiscing him about Adila?

"Your daughter says you're a dragon, is that true?" The smile he had on never wavered for the slightest of second.

He almost swept her off her feet.

She only shook her head negatively because the moment she speaks, he'd instantly know she'd his long lost Adila.

"Hey, little girl." He held Safreen's hands which were the softest hands he's ever held. Well, after Adila's.

"It's Safreen!" She groaned pushing her head backwards.

He chortled. "Okay Safreen, you want a piece of advice?"

She nodded. "It's only because I like you."

"You like me?" He questioned, the corner of his lips getting even wider.

"Yes, I do."

"I like you too, Safreen. This is why I'm giving you this advice. Whenever you're in trouble or whenever you cause trouble or even when someone hurts you, don't run away. You stay and face reality. Running away from your problems never mends them, running away doesn't heal pain. It makes the pain even worse, Safreen." That being uttered, he rose up to his feet not before placing a kiss on her cheek.

He passed a simple smile to her mother who didn't seem like she was going to talk anytime soon. "Bye!" He waved at her just like he did few years back. Slowly, she managed to wave back.

He turned on his heels about to depart when Safreen cradled his legs. It was meant to be a hug I guess. "Thank you, stranger."

He chuckled. "You're welcome, Safreen."

The moment he left, Sabrina regained her sanity because she was losing it. It was still winter but she was feeling as though it was summer all over again. Safreen ran over to her mother who embraced her in her arms. "I'm sorry, Princess." Safreen placed her head on her chest.

"It's okay my Safreen. It's okay. Let's go home." She held her up on her chest with everything she had. She fell asleep in her arms then Sabrina laid her down on their bed.

She hurried downstairs as though about to lose her mind. "What's wrong Khaleed?" Coach inquired. She was on the couch, crossed legs, sipping a cup of coffee.

Sabrina discarded her gloves, followed by her mask and shades then her coat. "I'm going to lose it coach. I'm losing it! I can't, I just can't anymore." She was sweating profusely.

"What? The cold or heat?" Coach was so lost and confused because she wasn't acting sane at all.

She tossed away her scarf, shoes and tights. Leaving her in only a white turtle neck top tucked into a black and white shein plaid plain asymmetrical print skirt. "I can't stay away from my family anymore! I just can't Coach. I s-saw Farooq. And he was holding Safreen in his arms and- and I-I couldn't control myself. I was shaking c-coach. I want to go home. I can't do this anymore." She broke down there and then bringing her knees up to her chest as beads of sweat rolled down.

Coach bent down and wrapped her arms around her. "I need you to breathe in and out." She ushered her.

Slowly, she did as she was told. "Come on, slowly. Are you okay now?"

She nodded but she was lying. And Coach knew she was. "Look Khaleed, I'll support you in any decision you make. Is this what you really want?"

"More than ever I miss my mother. I miss my Aliza. I miss my brothers. My father. Mimi, Kubra, Jan— I miss them all Coach. I want to go back."

"And what about Farooq?"

"I need him more than ever. I really do." She admitted with utmost sincerity. He's her world.

"Alright then, get packing. We're taking the next flight to Abuja. For the first time since four years ago, you'll actually be present during your very own birthday celebration." Coach pat her back hardly.

There was way too much affection and emotion in the air and she wasn't liking it. She's always been the unaffectionate type.

"But I'm so anxious, Coach."

"Then go play basketball till you're alright. I'll do the packing for all three of us."

"You're coming with us?" Excitement rushed through her veins.

"Of course. Plus, I do kind of miss the crazy country. Now go on." Coach tossed the ball to her as she caught it without even looking. That's how good of a basketball player she is.

____________________________________
1ST FEBRUARY, 2023
ABUJA, NIGERIA

As the three stepped down from the plane at Nnamdi Azikwe airport, a sense of deja vu hit Sabrina. Five years ago, she came back home hoping that her life was going to change for the better. At that time, she knew she had Mimi and Kubra always by her side so she assumed she had it all.

Mufid and Adam, popped out of nowhere on her birthday party. The joy that ran through her after seeing her cousins/ friends was indescribable. They literally grew up together but knowing they would be there throughout most of her stay in the city made her so elated.

Then came her sisters unexpected marriage of four years and little baby hiba who resembled her so much. She was hurt of course, but she couldn't stay mad at them for too long. Aliya's husband was sweet but she preferred her Captain baby over him.

Her brother Arif, her favorite brother Arif that loves her so much despite being secretive and also a player to other girls, he genuinely loved her.

On her way to her best friend's house, she met with Jannah. Her long lost friend that she missed with her all. They spent so many years away from each other so seeing her again completed one missing puzzle in her life.

It concluded their high school circle with Harisa and Mimi in addition. Saif, Kubra, Mufid, Jannah, Adam,  Harisa, Mimi and Sabrina. Their bond was reformed and it became even tighter than it was.

Then came the return of her grandfather which altered with her life in ways she could never fathom. She was elated and excited to see him but when he brought forth that proposal. Sge felt like her system was totally shut down.

But that proposal was the biggest blessing of her life and nothing can ever change that.

Her real father then came into the story again. Finding out so much secrets all in one night was something she never assume she could handle. But she did. Her mother actually loves her. She always has. The more she recalls the narration of the past, the more she loved her mother because there's no one on earth that could do what she did for her sake.

Her life completely changed all in the span of exactly one year. Funny enough it all happened on her birthday, the day she stepped foot in Nigeria after five long years to the day she woke up from Coma and shot Harith to death.

Here she was again, first February, 2023. Something crazy always unfolds each time of the year. She formerly used to look forward to her birthday a lot, but now, she gets anxious each time it's the first of February.

Is something bad gonna happen?

Is something good gonna occur?

Is she going to die?

Is someone she loves gonna die?"

So many crazy thoughts running through her mind but she knew one thing for sure. She's not scared of anything, she has never been. Whatever happens today happened for a reason. And no, she's done running away from her troubles.

When she left, Some part of her knew she was crazy, walking away from what she wanted. But the rest of her knew it was a survival tactic. She couldn't take one more punch to the heart without healing it. Not for anyone but for herself alone.

"Yes, alright then. I'm coming." Coach ended the call and turned to look at the mother and daughter duo. They looked so beautiful together.

"Who was that?"

"Your mother. She sent a car to come get us-well me actually."

"I'm so excited, Coach."

"I know you are, Khaleed." She passed a smile her way.

"Where are we, Princess?" The little girl finally spoke for the first time since their arrival. She was busy playing games on her tablet but she could hear the conversation the two were on about.

"Home." Was all she could utter.

Safreen looked up, confusion masking her features.

"Home? What home?"

"Our home." She stroke her hair with delicacy.

"I'm confused, Princess."

"Just trust me, okay?" Safreen nodded then hugged Sabrina. Her eyes went wide open when a 2023 Land Rover pulled over at their front. Her mouth was literally hanging.

"Princess, this is the new car my classmates were talking about the other day!" She rushed over to it and touched it.

Coah chortled sparing Sabrina a glance. "You like it?" Coach inquired.

"I love it! Who owns this car?" Safreen turned to ask Sabrina.

"Your grandmother, love."

Her eyes widened this time her hands were on her head. She was acting like a typical arewa girl. "I have a grandmother? Ewey!" No this time she sounded like a real Nigerian girl.

Coach and Sabrina burst out laughing. "Who taught you that?" Sabrina asked in between laughter.

"My Nigerian friend, Chizzy. But wait, I have a grandmother? How is that possible?"

"Everyone has a grandmother my dear. And yours is alive and healthy." Sabrina said.

"Now you're gonna tell me I have a grandfather too."

Sabrina nodded. "You do. And aunties, uncles, grandparents, great grandparents and lots more." She instantly fell to the ground, pretending to be dead.

She's crazy.

"What are you doing, Safreen?" Sabrina picked her up in her arms.

"I feel like my head's about to explode. So many things at a time."

"Come on, let's go." Coach opened the car for both of them as they hopped in. She took the front seat. The driver was new so he didn't suspect a thing. He had just recently gotten the job.

"You know, in honour of my birthday, you could've at least tried harder on the dressing aspect, Coach." Sabrina murmured but Coach's ears were so good.

She wore a black long sleeved off the shoulder body hugged top tucked into a pair of white baggy cargo pants. She sheathed her feet with black combat boots. She actually made an effort in dressing up else the usual coach would pull up with a set out sweatpants and sweatshirt.

"What did you say, Khaleed?" Coach tilted her head backwards glaring at Sabrina who wished to be buried six feet underneath.

"I said you looked stunning." She grinned widely afraid she'll get beaten black and blue.

"Eww, don't ever say that else I'll rip your head apart." She hates it when people are being too cute with her. It just never sits right in her head.

"Noted, ma'am." Coach raised a daring brow at her. This time before she could reach her, she picked up Safreen and placed her on her laps to shield her against the evil clutches of her dearest Coach.

"You're using the little girl as a shield ay?"

"She loves me, right Safreen?"

"I really do." Safreen giggled unaware of what was even happening. Her attention was fixated completely on the tablet and the game she was playing.

___________________________________

THE MAHIR'S RESIDENCE

The driver had to drop them at the gate because he was sent to pick up some other guests from different locations. He helped them with their three luggages though before he departed.

Staring at the silver gate of her father's mansion with The Mahirs boldly written on it, made her feel extremely anxious.

She's back.

She's really back.

She herself couldn't believe it.

"You good?" Coach asked, skipping her hands inside her pocket.

"The truth?"

"Yeah."

"I'm not."

"What palace is this, Princess?" The little girl's attention was entirely on the huge mansion in front of her. She's never seen or been to somewhere this beautiful before, we'll except in her dreams.

"It's our palace, Safreen."

"You're scaring me. I know we are not rich, then how is this huge place ours?" She was just four but a lot wiser than kids her age.

It was high time Sabrina told her the truth about them. Penury? No way. Opulence, of course.

"Safreen, we are rich. If I told you how wealthy we are, you would never believe me. If I told you who I really am, you would never believe me. If I told you who you are, you still won't believe me. So I want you to come see for yourself my Safreen. Let's go home." Safreen was in the middle of her mother and Coach, tongue-tied. She didn't even know what to say.

But she knew for sure that her mother doesn't lie.

As Sabrina pressed the doorbell, Malam tanko walked out of his room with a radio stuck on one of his ear as he chew the chicken with so much intensity. "Who are you?" He asked analysing her from head to toe. She was completely covered so he couldn't recognise her.

She remained silent.

Oh how she missed this dramatic man.

Coach stepped forward instead. "She's with me, Malam tanko."

"Oh, it's you Kwach." He added his deep hausa accent to the pronounciation of Coach. She didn't bother correcting him as she'd have to spend the whole day with this guy.

He opened the door for them as they walked in.

"Please open your face small. I want to see who you are before you go in. Security papaziz." Says the man that was busy devouring his chicken as though it was all that mattered. To him, it was.

Sabrina couldn't restrain herself anymore as she burst into fits of laughter. She was laughing so hard she didn't realise that his focus was now on her.

"I know that laugh.." he murmured underneath his breath.

Before he spoke again, she removed her shades and wiggled her eyebrows at him.

Suddenly, his chicken and radio flew up along with his oversized kaftan. He couldn't believe his eyes. He rushed to the gate then came back then started jumping like the clown he is.

"She's back oh! Sabri! Haeww! Allahu Akbar! Sai godiyan Allah! She don come oh! It is only Allah that was able to make this happen! Subhanallah!" Malam tanko exclaimed loudly.

Sabrina and Coach were enjoying the show in front of them cause the man was a whole character. Before she could even speak, he beat her to it.

"Alhaji, hajiya, everybody miss you, Sabri! Sabri you left us but you are back!" He gathered his kaftan and held it with one hand, sprinting off to where everyone was.

"Malam tanko though." Sabrina chuckled wearing her shades back on.

"Is he okay?" Safreen asked giggling.

"More than ever. Let's—" she cut her off by running off to where music was coming from. The gathering was at the large backyard which was big enough to hold a wedding.

"Safreen, come back here!" Sabrina shouted about to follow her when she turned back to Coach. It didn't seem like she was going to trail behind her.

"Aren't you coming?" Sabrina asked getting a bit gloomy.

Coach placed a hand on her shoulder. "No, Khaleed. Go have your moment with your loved ones. I'll be crashing in one of the rooms inside." She gave her a reassuring look before she sauntered inside the main house.

Safreen reached the part where the family and friends were. The party was divided into two sects. The family and friends which included all the close ones.

While the main part consisted of all the people Sabrina missed with her all. Mrs Mahir, Mr Mahir, Mr Sayhaan, Mrs Sayhaan, Mr Mubaid, Mrs Mubaid, Baba Kaka, Aunt Emigen, Betty, Aliza, Aliya, Harisa, Jawahir, Farida, Malika, Abdallah, Mimi, Neelam, Arianna, Mufid, Adam, Yusrah, Tareeq, Ashraf, Arif, Captain Baby, Kamal Malik, Tessa, Jannah and Kubra.

Everyone was here.

Along with their kids that is.

Safreen rushed to their section wearing a blue ball gown with white Nikes sneakers. Her hair was in a neat right bun. "Yayyy! Music and bubbles!" She giggled jumping up and down. She was right at the center of the party. She didn't care that people were staring or not, she danced her heart out singing the lyrics or better, gibberish lyrics.

The other kids paused to analyse whom she was because they've never seen her in any of the events before. She was new and peculiar.

"Mommy, who's that?" Aliza questioned.

Mrs Mahir shook her head. "I don't know, Aliza. I've never seen her before." She admitted. Though from what she could pick out was that there was something odd about the little girl.

"Off the music!" Abi instructed, because what the heck was going on?

Suddenly, everywhere went quiet as they all sprung up to their feet. "Oh no! Why did the music go off?" Safreen groaned with a slight pout as she stumped her feet on the ground.

"Little girl, who are you?" Amma was the one to ask this time around.

"I'm Safreen." She answered innocently, quirking the corner of her lips up.

"How did you get here?" Mr Mahir ventured on to inquire.

"Who brought you?" Mrs Sayhaan broke down the English for the little girl for her to analyse quickly.

Safreen stared at each and every single one of them in the room from the elders to the kids. They didn't seem like evil people but they seemed like nosy people to her. "Princess." She replied with an even brighter smile.

"Who's princess?" Betty asked.

"She's my mother but I call her Princess because she's a princess."

They were all so flabbergasted by how the child was speaking. Who the heck is she and how did she get here?

"And where is your princess?" Aliza bent down to her knees to speak to her in a calm manner. She loved the girl already. She reminded her of Sabrina.

"Princess! Come, they want to see you! Where are you?" Safreen shouted loud enough for her mother to hear her.

Adorned in a purple and white abaya, with white Nikes sneakers and a white chiffon veil, Sabrina slowly, reluctantly, ambled towards her daughter with her heart beating against her rib cage as though it was about to be slit open with a cutlass.

That was how nervous and anxious she was.

"Umm, excuse me. Who are you?" Mrs Mahir questioned as she still had her gloves, mask and shades on. Confusion was spread all over their faces because the first time they were seeing her and why was she all sheathed? What's going on? Who's this?

Farooq, whom was seated at the farther end of the place, lifted his head up from his phone screen for the first time since the music went off. His attention caught Safreen. How the heck did she get inside this mansion? Or better, how did the little girl leave LA and was now in Abuja?

Nothing was making sense right now.

His eyes went to her mother. Wait what? What's going on? Is this some kind of game or what?

"Safreen, what are you doing here?" He sauntered towards the girl who had the brightest smile on her face. She rushed over to him and gave him a hug.

"You're here!" She exclaimed in excitement.

"Yes, and how are you here?"

"Princess brought me here!" She giggled once more.

Mrs Mahir wore her no nonsense facade as she strolled over to the woman that was completely sheathed. Her face left no room for jokes nor jests.

"Look here, tell me who you are or I'll call security this instance!" Mrs Mahir yelled. She wasn't liking whatever was happening and she wasn't just going to sit down at watch as it all happened.

When the lather didn't make an attempt from moving away or speaking, it made Mrs Mahir even angrier.

"Malam Tanko! Malam tanko!" She called out his name and he was there instantly.

"Take this woman out of here, along with her child!" She snapped.

Farooq wasn't liking the way Safreen's mother was being treated but he couldn't say a word because he too was eager to see who this person was and what are they doing here.

"But Hajiya, Hajiya! She- She's...." He couldn't even complete his sentence due to the joy and glee that was running through his veins.

Mrs Mahir was losing the little patience she had left. "She's what?" She belted.

"She's—-"

As he was about to complete his sentence, Sabrina slowly removed her gloves dropping it on the ground. She discarded the shades and mask that covered her as she lifted her head up for everyone to see.

Astonishment.

Dumbfounded.

Shock.

Dumbstruck.

These words aren't enough to describe what everyone was feeling right now. Is this a dream or what?

Mrs Mahir looked at her from head to toe. Her cells were already failing her. She was about to collapse due to the intensity of the shock by Sabrina caught her mother.

"Inna lillahi wa'ina ilahi raji'un. Sabrina is it really you?" Tears began to rush down her eyes uncontrollably.

She nodded with teary eyes also. "Yes, mommy. It's your Sabrina. Mommy I missed you." She wrapped her arms around her mother's body. That warmth, love, comfort, care, and sweetness she's been craving for, for a long time, she felt everything at that moment.

She missed her mother more than anyone here.

"I missed you too my princess. Please don't ever leave me, Sabrina. I'm sorry for everything." Sabrina felt her mothers tears dripping on her back and it hurt her even more.

Words aren't enough to describe her love for her.

"Mommy, I'll never leave you. I can't live without you, mommy. Please don't ever let me go, mommy. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone mommy." She sobbed clutching on her back refusing to let go. Reminiscing the day she gave birth and how much the love for her mother increased even more, she let out a loud cry.

This time around when Mrs Mahir was about to pull away, she refused to let go off of her. Why should she? She's all that matters to her. She's her life. She's her mother.

"Are you okay, my princess?" Mrs Mahir sobbed loudly.

She shook her head repeatedly. "How can I be okay when I stayed far away from the ones I loved more than anything? How can I be okay when I recall all those awful words I used on you, mommy? I don't deserve your love, mommy. I really don't." Mrs Mahir had to pull her up with the little strength she had left.

"Look at me. You don't have to feel guilty for anything. We both treated one another bad so we are both at fault. Please, don't stress over it."

"No mommy. You carried me in your womb for nine months! You had to hide to give birth to me, you gave birth to me despite running for you own live, you watched as I was being taken away from you and was forced to stay away from me for twenty long years.

Do you know how much I love you? Do you know how I've longer for your warmth for years? To me, you're the strongest person ever. You're my superhero, mommy. I love you, mommy."

The tears that were rolling down her eyes wasn't stopping anytime soon. Oh how she's longed to hear those words from Sabrina. Finally, her wish came true.

Alhamdulillah.

"And to me, you are the strongest person ever Sabrina." She gave her the softest smile ever.

Sabrina went over to her father who was already in tears. She couldn't even speak because her heart was doing the talking. She's hugging her father after so long.

She moved on to her siblings who attacked her with hugs and kisses. "Where did you go to?" Aliza placed her palm on her cheeks.

"Didn't you think about how we'd feel without you, you crazy girl?" Aliya quickly wiped away the water on her cheeks.

"I thought you said you wanted us to start afresh. But you left." Ashraf muttered hugging her ever so tightly.

"What happened, Sabrina?" Arif hugged her from behind. Aliza and Aliya also wrapped their arms around her. Now, she was knitted in between her siblings. This was a feeling she's craved for, for such a long time.

"Sabrina..." Kubra exclaimed loudly. No doubt, she was crying harder than anyone was at the moment.

"Kubra.." the two stared at each other from afar with nothing but love. The way the ran to each other, it was almost as though they were scared of losing each other again.

One after the other, she hugged and embraced each and every single one the inhabitants of the room.

"Baba Kaka, grandma." She embraced them both in a hug. The two were so elated on seeing there favourite grandchild back.

"Aunt Sabrina!" Maama, Rukky, and Hiba rushed over to her. They were now all grown up as she almost didn't recognise them. Who was she kidding, Hiba was almost her exact replica, Rukky still had that beautiful Chinese eyes, and well Maama, still had that sass and boldness in her.

She was done saying hey to everyone. It was remaining the last person on the list.

Farooq Khaleed.

She stared at him with water in her eyes. He tried blinking back the tears his blue greyish orbs carried but it was effortless. There she was standing right in front of him. His Adila. His crazy savage girl was back and more beautiful than she formally was.

One unique thing about Sabrina was that no matter how much she aged, her physical features were never altered with. If anything she looks prettier than she was before. She still looked like the fifteen year old girl that he crossed path with ten years ago.

Sabrina wanted nothing at the moment but to feel his skin on hers.

"Princess, why is everyone crying?" Safreen pulled her garment aggressively.

Before she could answer, Aliza beat her to it. "Wait, that means that she's your daughter?" Aliza questioned almost afraid to utter it.

With a small smile on her face, Sabrina enveloped her bottom lips then nodded.

A gasp escaped everyone's lips because that was the most shocking outburst yet. Sabrina being a mother? How's that even possible? The girl was about four years old so how was it possible for her to be her child?

Farooq's eyes and lips dropped on hearing that.

"But how? I'm so lost right now." Mimi blurted out.

"How old is she?" Arif questioned.

"She's four years old." Sabrina replied instantly.

Suddenly, the whole room went quiet. They all assumed that she got married to someone else and as started a new life.

"Far—"

"—-she's your daughter?" Farooq asked instead with a shaky yet extremely deep voice. She knew what he was thinking about the second she heard his voice.

Sabrina nodded. "You're married?" He asked again.

She nodded. "What's his name?"

She turned to look at everyone, her daughter inclusive as their gazes were fixated on her entirely. She was the close to bursting out into fits of laughter but withdrew it back.

"I thought you were the smart one in your family, Farooq Khaleed." Before he could give her response, she tiptoed, wrapping her arms around his neck, clashing their lips together. He didn't even hesitate before he kissed back, wrapping his arms around her tiny waist he so much missed.

Like salt of the earth, salt of the ocean. Flavor. Freedom. Crystalline pieces of him falling into them. They both didn't know what to expect—They scarcely knew what they were doing, but the moment felt so intensely natural and unknown at the same time that Sabrina was honed in on his lips, on his gestures, on the ways he sucked and bit and pressed and parted and the way he breathed against her, his chest coming in closer, his arms wrapping tighter. Farooq felt brand new to her—like this boy she had grown to love had clicked the refresh button and she was rediscovering every inch of him—hyper-aware of him and of the air around them.

Reluctantly, the both pulled away. Not because of the sounds the others were making, not like they cared. They pulled away because they needed to breathe.

"Farooq look into Safreen's eyes and you'll know the answer. Just look closely into her eyes." Safreen stood there so dumbfounded.

"Why were you two eating each other's faces?" She innocently asked. Everyone burst out laughing at her innocence. Her parents though were far from it.

Farooq stared at the pretty girl for about two minutes before he realised the color of her eyes. His eyes went wide as saucers. No, it can't be. It's not possible. "Safreen, what's your name?"

"My name is Safreen Aliza Khaleed."

Aliza's hands flew to her mouth at the little girl's outburst. Sabrina really doesn't break her promises. She promised to name her child after her and she se did. Aliza averted her gaze to Sabrina whom was so happy that she couldn't even utter a word.

"Come here." Aliza hugged her so tightly.

"Repeat what you said." Farooq ordered.

Now that's the Farooq they knew and loved.

"Safreen Aliza Khaleed." He turned to look at Sabrina who gave him a reassuring nod and warm smile.

He laughed. He laughed so loud that they all assumed he was possessed. He picked Safreen up and twirled her around in his arms "I'm a father everyone! I'm a father! My Adila is the mother of my child!" He exclaimed so loud that they are sure the neighbours heard him.

"You're my father?" Safreen started crying out of the blue. She's always wanted to ask her mother about her father but she was too afraid to. She can't believe that her father was right in front her.

He nodded, wiping her tears away. "Yes, my Safreen, I'm your father." Farooq blurted out. She couldn't stop the tears from rolling down so she let them roll down.

He dropped Safreen then turned around to Sabrina. Farooq picked her up bridal style taking her completely off guard. He twirled her around till both of them started getting dizzy.

"Happy birthday to you..." he started singing the birthday song as everyone follows suit with their daughter too. Coach got there just in time.

"Happy birthday to you, Sabrina! Happy birthday to you!"

"Make a wish!" Kubra shouted sending her a wink.

"What could I possibly wish for again? My wish came true after twenty five long years. I want every single one of the inhabitants of this place to be happy and always be there for each other when needed. My wish was to be happy.

And I am. Aliza I'm finally happy. That's all I've ever wished for. My pursuit for happiness is over because my happiness lies on everyone here. I love myself and everyone here. I love you for making me love myself. I love you all. I love life. Alhamdulillah."

They all applauded as each and every single person was in tears. Farooq wiped his though before anyone could notice.

"I've found the perfect name!" Maama exclaimed typing something on her phone. She was now thirteen years old.

"What for?" Betty, her mother asked drawing everyone's attention.

"The book and the documentary."

"What are you talking about?" Malika questioned.

"Years back, my role model was always aunt Sabrina and Uncle Farooq. I loved the both of them so much I decided to write about them. I gathered some videos from different footages, cameras and family gatherings. I made a documentary and a book for them."

"I feel so loved, Maama." Sabrina was in total awe. A book about them and also a whole documentary about her. That's something she would have never expected.

"I know you do. Of course with the help of Aunt Mimi and Kubra, I'm done with the book. The documentary is also finished."

"So what's the title of the book?" Farooq asked suddenly interested in what they were saying. He loves popularity, don't blame him.

"Double Fire."

Sabrina laughed out loud at the tilte because she assumed the girl was joking but she didn't sense any jest in her expression. She swallowed thickly. "Why that title?"

"Because you and uncle Farooq are fire itself. Your house is literally called the dragon's den. You're both dragon breathing fire! When two fires come together, what do you call it?" Maama folded her arms across her chest.

Farooq and Sabrina turned to look at each other with smiles on their faces. "Double fire." They answered in unison.

*

"Farooq." Sabrina called out.

"That old woman from ten years ago was right." She uttered out of nowhere.

It took him thirty seconds to realise what she was saying. "You mean our grandmother?" Farooq chortled. She nodded.

"I'm always right." Aunt Emigen exclaimed loudly as everyone burst out laughing.

Farooq started... "Like two creatures meet..."

"......they find something which is not able to separate them." Sabrina finished.

"Love." Farooq and Sabrina articulated in unison.

The end.

END OF BOOK ✍🏼

2.04.2023❤️

________________________________

I'm crying. I'm literally crying and I can't control my tears any longer. This book is one of the best thing that has ever happened to me. From drafting it down on my journal five years ago to completing it five years later. The love I have for this book meets no bound. To me, my characters are real. I'll continue to live in denial but believing they really do exist is what makes it even more beautiful and magical.

Don't mind me, I'm a Disney girl.

To everyone that has been with me from the beginning to the end or the ones that joined midway or the ones that just joined us, thank you for trusting my work and reading my book. It means the world to me. Believe it or not, seeing your votes and comments lighten up my day. It makes me feel like they are actually people that want to hear and listen to me. It makes writing fun.

At first, I was writing this book just for my own entertainment as I wasn't getting comments nor votes. I didn't really care then, I was just writing for my sake and for my love for writing. But then came people that started commenting and voting and sending me reviews about how much they love my book. It literally made my day. A single comment from one reader alters with my mood for the whole day.

That's how bad I want to be heard.

To my loyal commenters;
     I'm gonna tag each and every one of you in the epilogue. You know yourselves. I love you loads guys❤️seriously tho🥹

It's been an honour writing this book to be honest and it's been hard. Writer's blocks, exams, tests, house chores but I still tried my best to hide in order to update this book.

I love you all. May Allah bless you all abundantly ❤️ thank you for everything ☹️❤️

Please and please, I'd be needing your reviews on the whole book😭 abeg 🤲🏼

Who was your favorite character?

Your favorite chapter?

What do you think about Farooq?

Who you hated the most?

Who do you think about Mrs Mahir?

What do you think about Sabrina?

Did you predict the book from the start or e shock you?

Did you enjoy the book?

What you loved most about Double fire?

Your worst chapter?

Someone you feel should've died?

Someone that shouldn't have died?

An unimportant character?

What does the title mean, in your own point of view?

Lesson learnt from the book?

Most important aspect of the book?

Funniest character?

Most annoying character?

At what point did you feel like the story begun?

Do you relate to any of the character, if yes, who?

Did you enjoy reading Double fire?

I certainly enjoyed writing it. I love you all❤️🥹

Thank you.

Bye💕

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

131K 26.1K 92
*BOOK ONE IN THE ALL THAT GLITTERS TRILOGY Walking out of an abusive marriage 'unscathed', Khadijah thought that was her salvation, the end of her su...
183K 45.6K 97
"Sometimes, you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself, and love yourself enough to become a new per...
3.8K 372 83
"It's too much to remember everything and everyone, all pain and hurt is killing me day by day little by little. I wish I could remove all the pain a...
1.7M 81K 67
"This is Rumaan's child" I heard mama said. I didn't look up at her. I keep my head lowered. because I didn't have the courage to face her. "This is...