Double fire🔥

By _queenziraa

She breathes fire 🔥 He breathes fire🔥 The word 'detest' isn't enough to describe what these two have for... More

//1-pt1//:Graduation
//1pt2//: Graduation
//2//:Last day
//3//:Farewell Motherland
//4//:Shopping Spree
//5//:New Year, New Beginning
//6//: New York City
//7//: Invited and Univited guests
//8//: Down the Streets of the City
//9//:Together for good
//10//:Fashion Week
//11//:Home Sweet Home
//12//:First day at home
//13//:Revelations
//14//:Bully
//15//:Wedding bells
//16//:Refueling Danger and Trouble
//17//:A Night in the comfort of the street
//18//:This love thing
//19//:Sacrifices and Alliance
//20//:Thunderstorms
//21//:Lifesavers
//22/:Fashion Exhibition and Fashion Show
//23//:Preparations and Arrangements
//24//:Events
//25//:Nikkah
//26//:Supposed couples
//27//: Somewhat Euphoric
//28//:Baba Kaka
//29//:Emotional Turmoil
//30//:Birthday disaster
//31//:Entangled love
//32//: Jannah's birthday lunch
//33//:Violence 2.0
//34//:Verily,each soul shall taste death
//35//: Unleashing the Dragon
//36//: Where they tell their stories
//37//: Where they tell their stories 2
//38//: Forgive and Forget
//39//: Fire on Fire
//40//: Despair
//41//: Beauty in Red
//42//: From him we are and to him we shall return
//43//: Goodbye Sanity
//44//: Numbness
//45//: SA
//46//: J'taime Mie Amour
//47//: Reincarnation
Characters
//48//: Revelations of Mysteries
//49//: More Secrets
//50//: Calm before the storm
//52//: Non-existent
//53//: Self-Defence
//54//: Unalive
//55//: Adieu
//56//: Princess
//57//: Pure love
//58//: Moving on
//59//: FAROOQ'S POV
//60//: Double Fire
Epilogue

//51//: Havoc/Mayhem/Massacre

370 48 70
By _queenziraa

DONT KILL ME!!

If I don't get at least fifty comments, no more updates 😭🥲

THIRD PERSON'S POV
30TH DECEMBER, 2018.
ABUJA, NIGERIA.

You don't understand how much you really mean to me...

I need you in my life you're my necessity yeahh

But believe me, you're everything that just makes my world complete

My love is clear, the only thing that I'll ever see...

Sabrina was woken up by the sound of her ringing tone which went on for the second time. It woke both her and Farooq.

"Who is it?" Farooq yawned removing his right arm from underneath her head. They both spent the night in her room for the first time since they returned to Nigeria.

The sleep in her eyes vanished as soon as she saw the person whom was calling. "It's Khalifa! It's a video call!" Sabrina exclaimed as they all sprung up from the bed. Farooq grabbed the hijab she used to pray fajr with, tossing it over to her because the only thing she had on was an oversized sweater and boxer briefs. She quickly wore it then settled on the bed before she answered. Farooq sat opposite her, holding onto her legs to ease her anxiety.

"Rise and shine, princess. How had you spent your night?" Khalifa grinned widely.

She threw him her infamous glare before giving a response. "What do you want?"

"I gave you five hours to sign those papers but you are Sabrina after all. The most stubborn and strong headed person after your husband. You gave me no option but to strike. That too strike hard." Khalifa played with gun he held on his right hand, placing the phone on a table.

"What did you do!?"

"Nothing much really. I just kidnapped everyone you care dearly about. Your grandparents, friends, siblings and parents. If you don't sign those papers before new year, there's nothing that will stop me from killing every single person in this room!"

He turned the camera to the back cameras showing her the whole family tied up with chains, from their legs to their hands. One would swear they resembled their forefathers that were being taken for slavery by the white men. They all tried talking against the cloth that was used to sheath their mouth.

"No! You can't do this to me, you can take my family away from me just when I thought everything will be back to normal."

He stared at her then uttered. "My Ranch at Kaduna, before 5:00pm. Be there, sign the papers and don't get killed. It's that simple."

He cut the call.

                                                *

Sabrina tied her long hair into a tight low bun because she knows her fists and legs are going to be used today, she didn't want her hair messing her up. She wore a black turban, then another black jersey scarf around her head, tying it in a way it wouldn't get loose. "Buckle up then, it's going to be one hell of a ride." Farooq helped her fasten her seatbelt.

"You know the way, don't you?"

He nodded, "Abi has sent me there about three times for an errand. I've sent the location to Captain Mansur, Arif and Coach. Hopefully, they'll get there the same time as us. All evidences that are required in order to put him behind bars are with them."

"I hope everything goes well because my lord knows I'm scared. I'm having a really bad feeling about everything." Sabrina had this gut feeling that it won't go as planned but hoped otherwise.

"Put your trust in him and he'll surely see you through it. It's about two hours drive, so you can sleep before we get there." Farooq took a turn as he reached Katari local government. The road was extremely substandard but luckily, the car they were using was the fastest he owned.

The two were about forty five minutes away from the ranch. Sabrina had unintentionally started dozing off. Farooq didn't wake her up because he knew she deserved the rest. They spent half of the night awake, and the danger they were about to face requires a good amount of utilised energy.

Out of nowhere, Farooq noticed three black Land Rovers behind them. They had been trailing behind them since they left Abuja. That was when he realised, they were being followed. He moved the car to the left, the three cars did the same. He shifted to the other side, they followed suit.

It was confirmed.

They were being trailed.

Farooq clenched his jaw, tightening the grip he had onto the wheels. Pressing hard on the accelerator, he increased the speed of the car which made Sabrina to snap out of her slumber. "What is it?" She gasped clutching onto her chest because he was speeding at an abnormal rate.

The cars behind them too increased their speed. Farooq placed a hand on her lap to pipe her down before he broke the news to her. "Don't freak out but we're being followed."

Her eyes went wide as saucers as though it was about to be ripped off from it socket. "F-followed?" She stammered as her heartbeat increased. She turned her head backwards and saw the cars behind them, triggering more fear in her.

"I need you to calm down," Farooq held onto her hand while he used the other hand to stir the wheels.

"We're going to die!" She yelled out loud, tightening the grip she had onto his hand.

"Shit, I told to calm down."

"We're freaking being trailed and you're telling me to calm down!"

"Shut up and let me focus!" He snapped harshly. He was getting distracted which was the last thing he needed at the moment. He was in need of sharp focus because one mistake could lead to a total disaster.

His voice seemed to have frightened her because she remained mute after that. You can't raise your voice at her without getting a daring response from her but here, she kept shut because her head went haywire.

An iPhone ringing tone broke their silence. Farooq removed his phone from his hoodie passing it to Sabrina because he couldn't answer it at the moment.

"Who is it?" He gruffly questioned.

She blinked twice before she re-read the screen.

"Dog?" It sounded more like she was asking than stating. Why on earth would he save someone's number as Dog?

"What does that imbecile want?" He growled lowly letting out a harsh hiss. Speaking with him would only worsen matters because he wanted nothing but to have his head. He dared to kidnap his wife and thinks he'd get away with it Scot free.

Sabrina tilted her head to face him before responding. "Who is Dog?"

"That moron, Harith. Pick the call." He commanded with full authority. Sabrina was in no state to argue with him because the anger that was already glaring in him was extreme. She picked the call.

"Farooq, I see you're having a good time with your wife, aren't you?" Harith chuckled over the phone.

"What the hell do you want? Do you have a death wish, if yes, then you need be patient because I'll end you before your time." Farooq bellowed, tightening the grip he had onto the wheels.

Harith burst into laughter that one couldn't pin the reason for it. "But it is you whom has a death wish, Farooq and Sabrina. Today is your last day on earth, any last words?"

"What the fuck are you—" before he could finish his sentence, a bullet met the back of their car. Sabrina turned her head backwards just to find men dressed in black suits, poppping their heads out of the three cars with guns. Each of them had a gun entitled to them.

"Farooq, we're going to die!" She screamed out loud, unbuckling her seatbelt.

"You sure are, I told you you'd pay for what you did to me. Both you and Farooq have made my life miserable all in the short interval of five months." Harith snapped spewing pure venom.

Farooq used his right palm to push Sabrina's head down in case a bullet is shot again. He ducked down his head also. "Your life had always been miserable you dog! I made sure of that for years now."

"Typical Farooq Khaleed, at the brink of death but you still have your ego and arrogance held up high. Goodbye Forever, it was nice having you as an enemy. And oh, I won."

"Nobody was ever your enemy you fool. And you didn't win, over my dead body will I accept defeat."

"Good thing you're about to die." That being said, he disconnected the call. Suddenly, bullets were darted at their car with their head bent low.

This time around both of them were scared. Could this really be the end?

"Is this really the end, Farooq?" Sabrina screamed her lungs out gripping his hand. His other hand didn't leave the steering wheels because they had to keep going no matter what.

The craziest idea popped into his head. It was the most dangerous one yet. But what other choice did thru possibly have? This was the only way out.

"Do you trust me?" He shouted loudly as another bullet shot the backseat window. Farooq was sure their next target would be their heads.

"More than anyone!" Sabrina shouted back.

"Sit on my lap, then turn and face me!" She looked at him like he had just lost it. They were in the middle of life and death and here he was telling her to sit on his lap? The bullet must have touched his brain?

"Are you insane? Are you kidding with me right now?"

"I repeat, when have I ever kid with you? Do I fucking look like I'm kidding?" He snapped. There was no trance of humour in his voice nor his facial expression.

Swallowing thickly, she did as he instructed very quickly because the bullets weren't stopping. The next one that was shot, made contact with the windscreen facing the passenger's seat. If she were seated there, she would have been dead by now.

Her legs parted ways as they rested on each side of his, she wrapped her arms around his body, resting her head on his chest. This time around it wasn't calming her down one bit, it brought her more uneasiness. His heartbeat resembled hers but maybe his was beating more abnormally than hers.

"You have to put your trust in Allah, he is all we have and he's all we'll ever have." He muttered lowly into her ears.

"Farooq, I'm scared."

"Not as scared as I am. You have no idea. We're going to jump out of this car after the count of five. I want you to wear my hood over my head and wear yours too." He instructed moving the car to the left as he dodged about three attacks. The only luck they had was that the attacker's cars weren't as fast as his.

Sabrina wore her hood and his too, tightening her hands around him.

"One, two, three, four...."

"I love you, Farooq Khaleed."

"I love you, Sabrina Adila Khaleed. . . Five! Jump!"

With that being uttered, Farooq and Sabrina jumped out of the car, entangled together as they rolled into the bush.

"Shit, you morons allowed them to escape!" Harith seethed hitting the steering wheel. All three cars pulled over as they all stepped out.

"They couldn't have survived the fall, sir. They're probably dead." One of the men stated as the rest nodded in agreement.

Harith shook his head as though he was about to run mad. He knew Farooq was always intelligent but heck did he expect him to use his intelligence. "They're alive. Those two are more dangerous than they appear. They'll try to use their intelligence against us. Their heads are hard as diamonds—they'll never accept defeat. We're moving into the bushes, spread out."

Harith and his men spread theirselves as they ventured into bush.

Sabrina and Farooq only stopped rolling when they hit their backs against a tree. Due to the good quality cotton fabric that was used to make their sweatpants and hoodies, and their strong Nike sneakers, they didn't sustain any serious injury. The only visible wound was the one on Sabrina's wrist.

"Are you okay?" Farooq pressed his lips against her forehead immediately they rose up.

Sabrina flickered her eyes shut at his touch, wrapping her small arms around his broad shoulders. She had to tiptoe before she could do that.

"I am, are you?"

He nodded in response. "Crap!" He swore on sighting one of Harith's men heading towards their direction. "I know I always tell you to stop running away from your troubles, but now more than ever, I need to run away from it. Run like you've never ran!" Without allowing her to reply, he dragged her entwining their hands as they ran even deeper into the bush. The two ran faster like they have ever ran in their entire lives.

"Stop right there!" The goon screamed as he pulled the trigger but they dodged. They ran even faster till Sabrina tripped and hurt her ankle.

"Adila..."

She shut her eyes tight letting out a sharp scream. "My ankle. I hurt my ankle. I can't run like this, we're going to get killed. Go on without me!"

Farooq glared at her before squatting down next to her. "You're nuts if you think I'm going to leave you. Hop on my back." He helped her wrap her hands around him. Luckily, she wasn't heavy one bit. She was really light.

So running with her on his back didn't give him much trouble. What bothered him was the crazy man that was after them, he kept shooting his gun but luckily hasn't gotten to them. "I can see a small village over there, we can hide there. Maybe they'll help us." Farooq grunted, using his hands to push her butt up a little so he'd be comfortable.

Sabrina lifted her head from his back on seeing the village they reached. Her lips stretched into a warm smile. "They'll surely help us."

Sabrina and Mimi visited this village during their trip to Kaduna. It was for a project they had to execute at SAPPHIRE IRIS. They brought lots of food stuffs, clothings, drinks, and good water to the inhabitants of the village. They also installed a borehole in five parts, built three large wells and a small mosque. The poor housing facilities were repaired and replaced with ones better than the ones formally there. They gave the farmers capitals to support them. The villagers were very elated snd grateful to them because nobody has ever showed them love, the way SAPPHIRE IRIS did.

"How sure are you?" Farooq inquired speeding his pace.

"I just do." Before she rested her head back on his chest, she tilted her head backwards to see if the man was still following them. Just as they reached the entrance of the village, the man caught up to them.

"Farooq stop!" Sabrina yelled grabbing onto a tree branch above her. She was now swinging above their heads on the tree. The man was about to pull the trigger on her, she kicked the gun out of his hand. Taking him off guard, she threw her legs forward till she knocked him out of consciousness. She touched his pulse to make sure he was unconscious.

He was.

"Jungle girl, innit." Farooq grinned hurrying back to where they were.

She rose up her shoulders proudly. "Of course." Farooq bent down and grabbed his gun, slipping it into his hood pocket. Sabrina looked at him like he'd just lost it. "Do you want to be killed?" He raised a questioning brow before she shrugged.

"Whatever, let's move before we are attacked again. I'm really exhausted."

Sauntering into the village which was situated in one of Kaduna's local government areas. The place seemed really busy with people moving in and out of the market. The females had on different patterns of hijabs and ankara clothing.

Sabrina and Farooq landed right in the middle of the village. "I think we should-"

Farooq began to cough hard. His eyes and body were slowly turning red. He seemed to have been choking or losing his breath. He fell on his knees right there and then. Sabrina followed him. "Farooq! Farooq! What's wrong?" She shook his body but he was slowly losing consciousness. The fear she had tripled on seeing her husband in that condition. She withdrew her hands away from his body, his temperature has increased drastically. His eyes turned to it darkest shade as the blue greyish color was drained out.

"Va-"

"Your Vasovagal Syncope!" Her eyes almost pulled itself out of it sockets. He can't be having this attack now! Not when they're about to lose their lives. She tried tapping him but he had already lost consciousness.

"Please wake up, Farooq!" She yelled loudly shaking him but he made no movement.

"I'm coming, I'll be right back." His body was sprawled on the ground like a corpse. No movement nor was there any trace of his aliveness except it his pulse is felt.

The villagers watched the two thoroughly without offering to help either of them. They saw them but refused to acknowledge them. Sabrina ran to the nearest shop she saw and begged him for water. 

"Ina wuni; good afternoon." She greeted the elderly man that was inside his shop. The man stared at her from head to toe observing her dressing and looks. He jumped to the conclusion that she was an American villain from on of the TV soaps he watched whenever he was at his daughter's house in the city.

He glared at her then returned to what he was formerly doing. She didn't take his I'll treatment to heart, she's a stranger after all. "Dan Allah ruwa nakeso; please I want water."

"Naira ashirin ne, bani kudin; it's twenty naira, give me the money." He blurted out not sparing her a glance.

She paused then dipped her hands into her sweatpant's pocket and hood pocket but there was nothing there other than her phone. "Banda kudin yanzun; I don't have the money here. But I'll pay you back when I get it. My husband is at the brink of death, please help me!" She brought her hands together pleading for the man to give her just a leather of sachet water.

"Dallah chan barnan, barauniya kawai! Ina ruwana da mijin ki!; Leave here this instant, thief! What's my business with your husband?" The man pursued her off despite a desperately begging for water.

She tried again in different shops but all gave her the same hostility. Never in her life has she ever felt this helpless. She was someone that could afford more than seven hundred million in a blink of an eye. Talk more of a flipping twenty naira. The last time she saw the note was way before she left for school.

Despite being one of the richest woman out there, she couldn't afford a single twenty naira note.

Sabrina was drown in pain, agony and shame.

Her husband was lying there unconscious, men are after their lives, and her uncle is so close to killing the people whom she loved the most. Nothing hurt more than how she currently feels.

She paled. She was in obliterating agony.

She went on to fetch water from the well but they refused to allow her use it. She begged them with her all but they didn't pay heed to her pleas. Suddenly, she sighted a lake by their right. It was about four hundred meters away from where Farooq was.

She rushed to meet market sellers for a bottle, bowl or cup she could use to get some water from there since it was her last hope. Never in her life would she have ever assumed that she'd feed someone lake water talk more of the person being Farooq. But what could she have possibly done? The villagers hostility was unexpected and harsh.

"What is wrong with you people?" She yelled out loud gaining everyone's attention as intended. She lost her cool just then. She couldn't control herself anymore.

"How cruel can one be!? My husband is laying here unconscious, who knows if we'd make it out of this place alive? I just asked for water, just water. Water for crying out loud but you all denied me of it!" She used the hem of her sleeve to wipe away the sweat that had been dripping down since they left their car.

They all kept quiet, staring at her like owls. They didn't utter a single word to her nor did they attempt to help her in any way. "Allah will see me through this." Sabrina muttered underneath her breath. She wanted to just die right there and then because Allah knows she's tired of everything she's been through.

She sat on the sand, next to Farooq whom was still unconscious, stroking his beard slowly. Just as she bobbed her head up, she saw a banana plant above them. That was when an idea clicked in.

She sprung up immediately. Sabrina plucked three leaves from the plant. She folded them into a cone just as The Yorubas do when making their traditional food, moi moi. She rushed to the lake and filled the leave with water that it could contain. She took cautious steps so as not to spill the water.

The inhabitants of the village were shocked by this woman's actions. Despite everything, she didn't give up on her husband and thought of a way in which she could save him.

She opened his mouth and poured the water into his mouth. She ran back to the lake about three times to get water from the leave, feeding it to him. She placed his head on her laps, patting his head then he regained consciousness.

"Farooq, you're awake!" She wasted no time in wrapping her arms around him.

He smiled then placed a kiss on her forehead. "Thank you, Adila. You saved me."

"Why wouldn't I? We're still—" before she could complete her statement, the loud sound of a gun being shot was heard. The villagers went back to hide in their shops and shelters.

Before the couple could comprehend anything, one of the goons shot Sabrina's lap. "My leg!" She shouted her lungs out as she ingested the sharp pain. She squeezed her eyes and fists so as to suppress the pain but it wasn't working. The pain was excruciating and unbelievable.

The man was about to shoot her again when he came thudding down to the ground. Farooq shot him in the stomach, while another person shot him on his shoulders. You needn't check in order to be sure that he was dead—because he was.

"You killed h-him." Sabrina croaked out.

"I'll kill anyone for you."

Farooq held onto Sabrina, bridal style. "Who are you?" He questioned the big woman whom was donned in a black khaki pants and a white button down shirt with a face cap.

Sabrina turned her head to face the woman despite being in so much pain, broke a small smile. "Madame Raulah!" She was the head of the village. She ruled the place with an iron fist. She was the most respected and feared person in the entire place.

Madame Raulah dragged Farooq whom was still holding Sabrina and was extremely confused and still flaring with anger to the middle of the village.

"You see this woman right here, the one you all were so cruel to, today? She was the one that built the well you refused to allow her use, she fixed this whole shitty village, she gave you arrogant and ungrateful illiterates capitals to support your businesses. And this is how you repay her?" She blurted out.

Sabrina didn't want everyone to know that it was her team that reconstructed the whole place but the woman had to spill the beans didn't she.

They seemed to have been given the shock of their lives because suddenly everyone wanted to help her. They apologised for their cruel action towards her. Sabrina being the kind of person she is, didn't see it as a big deal.

                                            *

"It's so painful, is it out yet?" Sabrina pushed her head backwards, grunting in pain as the bullet was being removed from her lap.

"Almost there." Madame Raulah carefully pulled it out but it wasn't completely out. Farooq held onto the leg because she was just kicking and screaming like a crazy person.

"I can't take this anymore." Sabrina dipped her hand into it and pulled the bullet out which earned her a sharp pain but at least it was out. Madame Raulah wiped the blood away then applied some ointments on it. She tied a white bandage round her lap. She forced Sabrina to drink some concoction which she had prepared specially for her.

After about three minutes, she dozed off to sleep. "Thank you so much. I want her to take rest for about an hour before we leave. Things haven't been going well for us." Farooq sheathed Sabrina with a bedsheet that was provided by the woman.

She shook her head with a genuine smile. "You needn't thank me. What this woman has done for our village is just so wonderful. We can never repay her for her goodness but at least we were able to help her when she was in need."

"We're really grateful."

"Might I inquire, what brought you two here? It seems as though you're being hunted down."

Farooq sighed then nodded. "We were on our way to Khaleed's Ranch just before Kaduna State when we were attacked by some men. In the cause of running for our lives, we landed in this village. Immediately she wakes up, we're heading there."

"But how?"

"We'll find our way I guess."

She shook her head. "Nonsense, I'll drop you there myself. Besides, I'm the only person that owns a car in this village."

"Thank-"

"No more gratitude. You should also take some rest."

___________________________________

"Good luck with what you intend to do there. I wish you all the best." Madame Raulah dropped Farooq and Sabrina at the entrance of the ranch. It was a popular ranch though it wasn't out in the open, everyone knew it. If only they knew it was kidnapping territory too, that would've been of help.

Sabrina hugged the woman tightly then pulled away. "We really appreciate everything." They gave her one last smile before she pulled over and departed from the site. Sabrina turned to her left about to entwine their fingers together when she found no trace of Farooq but his lingering scent.

That was when she began to panic.

He was just there, where could he have disappeared to? She's not having a good feeling about this whole thing. Nothing is alright. Everything turned upside down in just an interval of two days.

"Farooq!" She shouted loudly, orbiting the area. The place was lone and silent. There was no sign of anyone in the area.

You don't understand how much you really mean to me
I need you in my life you're my...

Sabrina's iPhone which she had totally forgotten about began ringing. For the past two days, answering phone calls had never done her any good so it frightened her down to bit as she received the phone call. Drowning in her own misery, she took the risk and picked the call from the unknown caller.

"Oh princess," She flickered her eyes close on hearing the voice. She used to love hearing her name from his mouth but now more than ever, it scares every cell in her body.

He wasn't her superhero.

He was the villain in her story.

"Daddy," She swallowed thickly.

"Come on, don't get scared. Farooq is here with me. I had my men bring him into the ranch. I wanted a special welcome just for you. How do you see it?"

Almost as if she was staring at him, her eyes narrowed. "I'm not scared of you or anyone!" She began walking towards the ranch. She wasn't walking. She was stomping her feet as she approached the gate. She kicked open the gate. She was still unsure of how she could walk properly despite being shot.

"Calm down there, Dragon. I'll send my men to get you." He cut the call. Two men ambled out of nowhere standing right in front of her. She glared up at them because they were both tall.

"Out of my way before I give you two matching black eyes." She snapped, folding her arms around her chest. The two of them stared at each other before bursting out into fits of laughter.

"We'll like to see you-"

Sabrina gave him a hard punch on the eye, kicking him on his men section as he came down to his knees. She wiped her hands to get the dirt off. "You were saying?" She quirked a daring brow, gnashing her teeth.

The other guy attempted to hit her on the face but she held his hand up high. Sabrina touched her face with her palm, then used her index finger to push strand of hair that managed to escaped behind her ear. "Don't. You can try and hit anywhere just not me face. Can't you see your dark reflection on it? I've got lustrous radiating skin that's why." She grinned widely, squeezing his fist which she held up high. He hissed and tried using his other hand to hit her, he almost did. His pinky finger stroked her chin.

"I told you not to touch my face!" Sabrina twisted his hands behind him, kicking his knees till he was on his literal knees. She pushed the two of them with so much force that they hit the door open as they rolled on their backs.

As Sabrina sauntered into the place, she felt a tight knot formed in her.

Mrs Mahir, Mom, Amma, Kubra, Mimi, Jannah, Aliza, Aliya, Betty, Arianna, Harisa, Neelam, Malika, Aunt Emigen, Baba Kaka, Ashraf, Her real father—Khaleed, Abi, Dad, Mufid, Abdallah, Tareeq and Farooq.

They were all chained on a concrete wall. The tape on their lips were now nowhere to be found. The distress and agony they were in was visible from their faces.

The only people absent were Captain Baby and Arif. They were still on their way to the ranch along with Coach who insisted on being part of the whole thing.

"Let me go! Let me go! Adila!" Farooq struggled against the numerous chains that were on him. His own chaining was special because he could break through the other one easily without caring if he'd get hurt or not.

Sabrina's palms flew to her mouth seeing her family in this terrible state. "Sabrina is finally here, the party shall begin. Come on." Khalifa who was holding a pistol attempted to put his hands on her shoulder but the glare he received from her made him put his hands up in surrender.

"Fine, I'll not touch you."

"Good." She walked passed him rushing over to her parents. She wrapped her arms around him them.

"Mommy, Daddy."

"My princess." Mrs mahir cried. Her scarf was nowhere near her which made her look extremely bad. Her hair was way too long and silky. Some strands were all over her face, gluing itself on it because of her tears.

Sabrina went on to meet Aliza and Ashraf. She intentionally refused to acknowledge Aliya. Call her heartless but she doesn't care. "Stay strong, Sabrina." Aliza quoted with uncontrollable tears streaming down her face. Sabrina signalled Baba Kaka to distract Khalifa so that she can help release all of them.

He did just that. The old man still loves his life. He can't die now—not when he recently got reunited with his wife. "You selfish boy, you'll regret it if I make it out alive! I promise you that!" Baba Kaka growled against the chains. The poor old man just recently got out of coma but his son didn't take pity in him, not even a little.

"Daddy, this is my problem with you. Your ego will never crush will it?" Khalifa rolled his eyes.

"Till the last day I take my final breath." Baba Kaka swore.

Sabrina removed her two hair pins, passing it to Jannah, Mufid and Neelam. She was sure that the two were experts in breaking locks with pins. Jannah and Mufid because during their high school days, whenever they tried to escape from school or sneak out from home, it was always them that broke the locks. They were a match made in heaven since then.

Neelam also because she has seen tons of her movies most of which included her breaking locks with pins. So she was sure she was the one for the job.

"Well today is your lucky day. If your Sabrina refuses to sign the papers, you all shall return to your lord today." Their eyes went wider than saucers. Aunt Emigen tapped her son-Abi to draw Khalifa's attention before they all unlock the locks.

It was only remaining Abi, Dad, Baba Kaka and Aunt Emigen whom haven't released themselves. All the rest were unchained but they still kept it on so as not to alert the enemy.

"How could you deceive us all for twenty long years, Khalifa?" Abi seethed, glowering at him.

"Because I love money, my dear brother. You all got your riches and happily ever after and left me all alone!"

"If you had worked harder, who knows you'd have been wealthier than all of us!" Khidr spat.

"Oh please, there's always an easier way to getting rich. Just use a pistol and see how swiftly things will turn out for you." He stroked Khidr's jaw with his gun.

"Don't hurt my Dad!" Kubra yelled out loud as tears started rolling down her cheeks. She formerly promised herself to not shed a single tear but she couldn't. Not when a gun is being placed on her father's jaw.

"You've finally started your waterworks. I saw that coming." Khalifa laughed demonically.

By now, all of them were released but all pretended otherwise. Khalifa has more than ten armed men around the ranch and one single mistake could cost them their lives.

"Let's get down to business. Sabrina." Khalifa brought the papers, placing it on a table with a pen beside it. "Come on, sign it." Sabrina averted her gaze to her parents with trembling hands.

Mrs Mahir blinked once then shook her head slowly. She mouthed, 'Don't.'

Sabrina shut her eyes then nodded lowly. She took cautious steps towards the table. She was now limping. The leg that was shot had started paining her out of nowhere so she had no other choice but to limp.

"Why are you walking like that?" Khalifa questioned.

"Your foolish accomplice sent his men after Farooq and I. One of his men shot me on my leg!" Sabrina seethed taking a seat next to the table.

"I'm going to kill that son of a—"

"Why don't you say it to my face then!" Harith and his seven men stepped into the place all armed. Khalifa's eyes almost bolted out of it sockets. He pressed a red alarm on the wall to alert his men to come out.

I'm about fifteen seconds, ten men popped out of nowhere. Things were sure to get bloody. Their only hope was that nobody important would lose his bath.

As Sabrina narrowed her eyes at Harith and his men, he ambled towards her with that smug expression she hated with her all. "Come on, sign my papers before I pull the trigger on one of your family members."

There they were.

Two papers that stated two different things.

It disgusted her to see that these selfish men were all after her fortune. The fortune that her father worked day and night for years just to secure for HER. These men have got to be the stupidest set of people if they think she's going to give everything up for them.

"Choose wisely and sign it." Khalifa threatened her.

But it's Sabrina after all.

She no dey fear anybody!

She chuckled lightly, stretching her legs on the table next to her. "So if I sign this dog's papers, you'll kill my family. Yeah?"

Khalifa nodded.

"And if I sign your papers, Harith will kill my family?" How stupid could they both be? Does it even make sense. Whatever she decides to do, blood will surely be spilled.

She averted her gaze to Farooq, then moved it to the rest. She gave them a go ahead with a single nod.

"No kidding Bullshit!" Sabrina flipped the table over, hurrying behind her family.

"I'm not signing any of those papers. We may not be armed but our hearts are united and unlike you all, we are putting our hope and trust in the lord that made us." She entwined her fingers with Farooq's.

"Fine then, bloodbath it is!" Khalifa shouted shooting up.

"Attack!" Harith signalled his men.

"If you know you can't fight, stay back with Baba Kaka and Grandma. We can't risk anyone's life." Ashraf instructed them. The only persons that stayed back were Aliya, Arianna and Amma.

Sabrina raised a brow at Kubra who steeped forth. "Really?" She almost burst out laughing when she realised she really was serious.

"What's the plan?" Khaleed Mahir asked, rolling up his sleeves.

Sabrina and Jannah turned to look at each other. Before chorusing, "Don't get killed!"

That being said, they all attacked.

Less than a second, the place was dripping with blood everywhere. People whom you'd never have expected to have the courage nor the strength to fight were in a heated physical fight. They got hurt of course. Guns were everywhere but they weren't being used. It was all about wrecking havoc and mayhem.

Sabrina and Jannah were fighting side to side. "I told you to not touch my face, didn't I?" Sabrina threw a punch on one of Harith's men stomach.

"Good going." Jannah chuckled with tears. She was fighting but she was also so afraid that it could be her last day on earth.

"Thanks." Sabrina quickly pulled Kubra away before a man could attack her from behind.

Farooq swung his knee wildly into Harith's stomach. His muscles tensing as the pain burst through his whole body. Harith stumbled back with a groan and attempt to re-arrange his senses in order to combat her powerful movements. He raised his arm to swing but Farooq kicks him to the ground before he could even begin to strike. "You don't know how bad I've waited for this day to come." Farooq punched him on the mouth as blood dripped from it.

With blood all over him because Farooq was so close to killing him, Harith burst out laughing humourlessly.

The whole place was filled with unconscious people slash dead people. The good guys were still conscious and never stopped fighting for even a second. They were exhausted and tired of everything but they couldn't stop. Not now.

The fight was between the family and all their men, Harith's men against Khalifa's men and the family, and Khalifa's men against everyone.

More than half of the bad guys were wiped out when the sound of sirens were heard. It signalled the arrival of Captain baby, Arif and Coach. They barged into the place with police and other armed forces behind them.

"I may end up in prison, but I'll not let you see the next daylight!" Harith grabbed a gun from the floor and was about to shoot Khalifa who was helpless at the moment. Just then, Sabrina stepped in and stood  in front of Khalifa taking the bullet.

Harith shot Sabrina in the stomach.

"Sabrina!" They all screamed rushing over to her.

Harith was beyond shocked but nevertheless was successful in shooting someone—he wanted it to be Khalifa but had no problem if it was her. He shot her again but this time on her left arm, right where her bones were dislocated.

She fell flat on the frown as blood started coming out from her mouth. Her stomach and arm was dripping with blood. Sabrina's life flashed before her eyes. The pain shot up her arm like fire. She cringed. It exploded in her head with a blinding whiteness. It made her dizzy. It made her reel. The pain was like needles that had been dipped in alcohol had been jammed through her skin, like her arm had been replaced with ice and electricity wired straight into her spine.

She knew right there and then that, that was it.

She felt it in her.

She was dying and she knew it.

Her dream became true after all, she wished to close her eyes and never open it ever again. And it came true.

She died saving the man that destroyed her life.

The kalimatu shahada was uttered by her before her eyes went close.

END OF CHAPTER

DONT KILL ME🥲💀😭

🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️💔😭😭😭😭😭😭

Love y'all

Zira💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713 96 11
My life began in simplicity. I yearned for what any average girl would dream to become, in a world where expectations flourish, yet still being gulli...
3K 153 9
"Cuz if it's easy, it won't be amazing, if it's amazing it won't be easy, if it's worth it, you won't give up, if you give up, you're not worthy..." ...
1.9K 262 15
Annalise Vale is living as an ordinary peasant girl. After being locked up inside a tower her whole life she finally runs away. On her way to find a...
3.8K 372 83
"It's too much to remember everything and everyone, all pain and hurt is killing me day by day little by little. I wish I could remove all the pain a...