Angel of Fire

By quinn_between_

Katherine Helen Swan is a relatively normal teen until her sister becomes involved in the business of vampire... More

Start
One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
face claims

Four

433 11 3
By quinn_between_

"Just go away, Edward," Bella yelled before slamming the door.

"That Bella?" Embry asked from the couch where he and Katherine were watching a movie together.

"Yeah," Katherine said in a questioning tone. She paused the movie to try and listen to what was happening as Bella was making a bunch of noise upstairs. Charlie could be heard talking to Bella.

"I just have to get out of here before I end up like Mom," Bella's words stopped Charlie in his tracks.

"Bella," Katherine quickly followed her older sister out of the house. "What the hell?"

"Just go back inside, Katherine," Bella shook her head.

"Not till you tell me what the hell that was about," Katherine demanded.

"You wouldn't get it okay," Bella spun around to face her sister.

"Then help me get it," Katherine pleaded. Embry was now standing at the door watching as everything unfolded.

"I'm not your crutch, okay? Stop being so annoying," Bella spun around and got into her truck.

Katherine stood there shocked as Bella drove away. 'I'm not your crutch, okay? Stop being so annoying.' 'Annoying.' The words rang in her head. Her eyes got blurry and she began tapping her thumb on every finger, over and over again. 'Annoying.' 'I'm not your crutch.' 'Annoying.'

"Kit?" Embry called as he walked over to her. Her eyes focused on nothing as tears began to fall down her cheeks. Embry put his hand on her shoulder.

"No!" Katherine cried. "I don't need a crutch," she muttered. Embry caught her just as her knees buckled. 'Annoying.' 'Annoying.' 'Annoying.' Over and over as she began to sob.

"It's okay. I've got you," Embry muttered as he picked Katherine up and carried her back inside. "It's okay."

***

It wasn't too long after Bella left that Charlie informed Katherine about her sister being in the hospital.

"Okay," Katherine has been nonverbal since Bella left. Her words have been communicated via ASL. "I want to stay here. I don't think I can face Bella."

"Okay," Charlie kissed the top of Katherine's head. "I'm going to have Billy check in on you while I'm gone, okay?"

"I'll be fine," Katherine reassured.

"It's more for me," Charlie explained. Katherine nodded in response and went back to reading her book. Charlie sighed before leaving the house.

***

Embry❤
How you doing?

Katherine❤
Okay I guess. Bella's in the hospital. Fell out a window and broke her leg. Dad says she's doing okay.

Embry❤
Wow. Perhaps it's karma 🤷‍♂️

Katherine❤
Maybe. I'm heading to bed

Embry❤
Good night

Katherine❤
Night

***

Wheelie Billy
How you doing kid?

Kiddie Kat
Okayish

Wheelie Billy
I'll stop by later around dinner. I'm bringing Jake and the boys.

Kiddie Kat
You mean Jake and the boys are bringing you?

Wheelie Billy
I'm coming for your toes

***

"We brought lasagna and soda," Quil spoke as he opened the door.

"Who's ready for some Lord of the Rings?" Embry asked as he held up the box set containing the trilogy.

Halfway into the second movie, everyone was asleep. Billy was asleep in the recliner Jacob and Quil had moved the coffee table and crashed on the floor while Embry and Katherine were asleep on the couch. It was early in the morning when Alice, Bella, and Charlie came home. Katherine quietly watched as Alice helped Bella up the stairs. Charlie walked over to the living room and chuckled as he snapped a photo on his phone.

"Billy's gonna kill you," Katherine joked in ASL.

"Yeah, well he'd have to catch me first," Charlie scoffed.

"He can hear you and see you," Billy muttered.

"We can all hear you," Jacob groaned as he turned away from everyone.

"Do we even have enough for breakfast?" Charlie looked at everyone in his living room.

"No, we're supposed to head down to the dinner when it opens. Billy offered yesterday," Katherine signed. "Thought you guys weren't getting back till tomorrow?"

"Bella was itching to get out of there so Dr. Cullen pulled some strings," Charlie explained.

"I'm gonna spend the day at Jake's if that's okay," Katherine signed making it clear she was only informing Charlie of her plans.

"You should talk with Bella," Charlie countered.

"I have nothing to say to her. Nor do I want to hear what she has to say," Katherine signed as she sat up. Charlie nodded but the look on his face showed her he wasn't happy.

Everyone Slowly got up and fixed the living room before filling out the door and piling into Billy's truck. Jake drove while Billy sat in the front seat and Embry, Katherine, and Quil squeezed into the back seats.

"You can't avoid her forever," Billy sighed.

"I can try," Katherine signed.

Embry poked her side, "She's your sister."

"She made it clear how she felt about me," Katherine let out a sigh. "I'm sick of everything being about Bella."

***

Bitchy Bella
Please pick up your phone

Bitchy Bella
I hate that you're forcing me to apologize over text. I didn't mean what I said. Can you please stop avoiding me?

Kitty Kat
I'm not forcing you to do anything. Just leave me alone Bella. I don't want your stupid apology. I'm not avoiding you, I'm simply leaving you alone since you think I use you as a crutch and annoy you. Now go away!

Bitchy Bella
I already told you I didn't mean what I said. I just want my sister back.

Kitty Kat
Shame we don't get what we want in life. I wanted a sister who wouldn't tell me I'm a burden and instead, I got you. Also if you didn't mean it you shouldn't have said it.

Bitchy Bella
Sometimes people say things they don't mean when they're scared.

Received

***

School ended and summer rolled around, though in Forks it's not really a summer. Katherine spent most of her time with Embry, Jacob, and Quil.

"How long have you two been dating," Jacob questioned after catching them kissing in his garage.

"A while," Katherine muttered.

"Don't get upset," Embry said.

"Upset? No. Mad? Yes. My two best friends decide to date and keep it a secret from the rest of the group," Jacob shook his head.

"What's a secret from the group?" Quil asked as he walked into the garage.

"Embry and Kit have been dating," Jacob said.

"You finally told him?" Quil questioned.

"You knew?" Jacob yelled.

"No," Quil said hesitantly. "I mean I had my assumptions. They started acting weirder than normal Embry and Kit standards of weird."

"Why didn't you say something?" Katherine asked.

"Figured there was a reason you two were keeping quiet about it," Quil shrugged.

"He has a brain," Embry teased.

"Screw you," Quil quickly responded. "So how did you find out?"

"They were making out on my couch," Jacob grimaced.

"I'm kind of surprised Billy never said anything," Quil sat down next to Embry.

"Billy knows?" Embry asked.

"I kind of told him," Katherine said sheepishly.

"Why? I mean I thought we weren't telling anyone," Embry looked like a lost puppy.

"Remember that fight we got into back in May?" Katherine asked.

"The pointless fight that I had to apologize for," Embry muttered.

"It wasn't-" Katherine started, "you know what that's not the point. The point is, I went to Billy for some advice. And I wasn't about to be a dumb teen asking advice for a friend so I told him."

"Anyone else know?" Embry asked.

"No but we should probably tell my dad before Billy accidentally lets it slip," Katherine shrugged like it was nothing.

"Good luck," Jacob laughed as he patted Embry's shoulder.

Embry glared at Jacob before speaking, "I'd rather not die."

"Don't be dramatic. He might threaten you but not kill you," Katherine rubbed Embry's arm.

"Joy," Embry sassed.

"Videotape the whole thing for me please," Quil laughed.

○■□●

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.6K 43
With her half sister coming to live with her and their Dad the youngest Swan girl finds out that all those horror story fantasies she'd read about as...
1.1M 24.6K 63
Lucy Swan is the younger twin sister of Isabella (Bella) Swan. Despite Bella hating her little sister for ridiculous reasons, Lucy doesn't allow it t...
34.7K 487 9
Katherine Swan; She's your typical 15 year old girl. She had dark brown hair, baby blue eyes and lightly tan skin. She lived with her mother and...
24.4K 623 19
Life is normal for Harper Black until her dad's best friend's youngest daughter, Bella Swan, comes back into town. (_-_-_-_-_...