Project: Bland King

By angle99999

(No longer in Hiatus but there will be periodic breaks in between batches of chapters I publish since I need... More

Prologue: A Chance
Chapter 1: Blue Lock
Chapter 2: Team Building
Chapter 3: The King
Chapter 4: The Enemy Hidden in the Shadows
Chapter 5: The Egoist Moves Forward
Chapter 6: Kuon The Leader
Chapter 7: I'm Sorry
Chapter 8: Awakening
Chapter 9: The Geniuses
Chapter 10: Turning the Tide
Chapter 11: The Lazy Genius
Chapter 12: Our True Selves
Chapter 13: The Second Selection
Chapter 14: A Match Made in Hell
Chapter 15: Relaxation and Chaos
Chapter 16: The Overwhelming Might of Itoshi Rin
Chapter 17: The Masterpiece and His Beast
Chapter 18: On the Border of Flow
Chapter 19: The Moment My Ego Awakened
Chapter 20: Welcome To the Real World
Chapter 21: Stepping into the World Level
Chapter 22: The Excitement Soccer Brings
Chapter 23: The Greatest Show
Chapter 24: Well Deserved Relief
Chapter 25: The Third Selection
Chapter 26: Analytical Duo
Chapter 27: In Your Element
Chapter 28: One Man Army
Chapter 29: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better
Chapter 30: Impossible to Predict
Chapter 31: Taken
Chapter 32: Training Camp
Chapter 33: The Ultimate Stage
Chapter 34: Cops and Robbers
Chapter 35: Devouring the U-20 Team
Chapter 36: Headliner
Chapter 36.5: Halftime Mayhem
Chapter 37: Big Bang
Chapter 38: Utter Chaos
Chapter 39: Redemption
Chapter 40: A Masterpiece Reborn
Chapter 41: Clash of Prodigies
Chapter 42: The Last Strike
Chapter 42.6: Blissful Leasure
Chapter 43: New Environment
Chapter 44: Running for your Life
Chapter 45: Loki's Homework
Chapter 46: Golden Teeth
Chapter 47: Premier Manipulator
Chapter 48: Divine Messenger
Chapter 49: Anti-Chemical Reaction
Chapter 50: I AM HIM!

Chapter 42.5: The Future of Japanese Football

6.2K 311 453
By angle99999

Malefriend#1: Ah fuck, what a game!

Malefriend#2: Your friend took the game over, period! I've got goosebumps... literal goosebumps!

Femalefriend#1: You've got to give me his number. He's a total babe! 

Malefriend#1: Isn't he with that Shido guy?

Seeing his friends hype themselves for the beginning of this new era of Japanese football, Manabu quietly smiled seeing Kiyotaka leaving the pitch in Shido's arms. 

Manabu: (Congrats on your victory, Kiyotaka. It might not have ended as you thought it would, but you'll grow from this. Someone that passionate about what they do will never stop improving. Good luck. Thanks to you, today wasn't so boring. I'll be keeping up on your journey.)

Once the game came to a close, everyone left aside from Manabu and his roommate. As he was about to go to sleep, however, he just had to give him another request. 

Malefriend#1: Ah shit, look how late it is! Manabu, let me copy your homework!

Manabu: No, do it yourself. 

???: But your homework is so neat and you've got the best grades out of all of us, especially in that annoying bartering class. 

Manabu: Why'd you take the class if you found it annoying?

???: Cuz I thought it'd be a blast to become one of those sports agents. But it's just too much work. I don't even have as much charisma as you when it comes to our group assignments. And what's worse? You aren't even interested. You just took it to meet the core requirements.  

Manabu peered over at the screen, showing the highlights of the match as broadcasters across the nation gave their insights on Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the man of the match. 

His solo goal, cutting through the entire U-20 squad, remained in repeat. 

Manabu: Maybe I'm a bit interested. If only a little. 

...

...

...

Inside their locker room, the glorious and victorious Blue Lock eleven celebrated their win and changed into different clothes.

Shido, having left all of his stuff in the U-20 locker-room, rushed over to reclaim his possessions. 

Nanase: Holy crap! Kiyotaka and Isagi! Your interviews were so cool!

Raichi: You both are too full of yourselves! That was out of nowhere!

Bachira: Hm? Isn't it fine? They were the heroes of the game.

Bachira and Otoya were shirtless and running around the Lockeroom.

Reo: Good job Kiyotaka. You really saved us.

Kiyotaka: Your defense was exceptional as well. I couldn't have shut down Sae's and Shido's chemical reaction without your help.

Igarashi: WE ARE BLUE LOCK!!!! WE ARE THE NEW STARS!!! WE'RE GONNA BE THE U-20 TEAM NOW!!!!!!

Raichi: Why are you celebrating so much? You didn't even get to play. 

Baro walked through and passed by Kiyotaka, who took off his shirt drenched in sweat and covered his shoulders with a towel. 

Kiyotaka: You did your part well, king. 

Baro: Fuck off. You better watch yourself. You won't be holding the spotlight forever. 

Isagi, tired and worn down, rested on the bench beside Kiyotaka. 

Rin, after the events of the final attack, didn't bother to show his face. Sitting at the right corner of the locker-room with a towel covering his head, he appeared dejected and dispatched from the rest of the celebration. For him, this wasn't a celebration he cared enough to even partake in. 

*DOOR OPENED*

Inside the locker-room came Anri with her clipboard. Still shedding slight tears of happiness and relief at the result of the match, she greeted the victors. 

Anri: Everyone... you all really did your best!

Not holding it in anymore, she sobbed. 

Anri: I'm... so proud of all of you!

Otoya: You're making it seem like it's a miracle or something. I thought you had a little more faith in us. 

Anri, embarrassed at her outburst, rushed to compose herself once again. 

Anri: No... it isn't like that. It's just-

Ego: Are you still crying? It's getting annoying. 

Anri: But... Ego-san...

Ego: Everyone, calm yourselves. We won just as planned. 

Standing in front of his unpolished gems, Ego continued. 

Ego: Shido subbing in, his hattrick, Baro's equalizer, Itoshi Sae's reawakening, Kiyotaka's solo goal and the utter speck of annoyance, Yagami, falling into obscurity, were all calculated and planned. However, that final play wasn't.

Ego: Shido Ryusei's second flow was beyond my parameters. Changing and articulating his ego to match Kiyotaka was beyond my calculations. Him and Itoshi Sae were able to match Kiyotaka's true flow and the game stagnated. However...

Looking over at the defeated Rin, Ego gave him slight praise. 

Ego: It was Itoshi Rin's unlocking his own ego that tipped the play into our favor. With him, Kiyotaka now had a partner to match against Sae and Shido. And then, exploiting Sae's newfound ego, he charged through the gap and stole the ball cleanly away from the prodigy. Through this, Kiyotaka secured our final attack and turned the tide of it all. However, through it all, only a single teammate of his reacted to his breakthrough, Isagi Yoichi. 

Ego: Understanding in your teammate's capabilities and trusting in them to win the game's most important battle, Isagi cut through and gave Kiyotaka the target for his acclaimed pass. With Shido intervening prior to the climax, he had one of two choices: to shoot himself and lose or to pass and win. Isagi made the second chance possible and Kiyotaka's intuition, skill, and awareness of all facets in the match proved crucial in creating Blue Lock's most dynamic chemical reaction.

Ego: It was a goal that made Blue Lock known to the entire world. Our victory was brought on by each and every one of you. You all have surely made this the one place in the world where football was the most heated... 

Staring right at Kiyotaka, Ego finished.       

 Ego: ...and you grasped victory in a turning point of your lives. Congratulations, you unpolished gems. You've accomplished something amazing. 

Tokimitsu: Ego... praised us?

Kiyotaka: (Did you really have to rub it in? I didn't like passing the ball off either. I guess a part of me...)

Gleaming over at everyone cheering and celebrating amongst one another made Kiyotaka smile slightly. 

Kiyotaka: (... wanted to protect the future of Japanese football I now am a part of.)

Ego: However, this cannot become the peak of your football lives. This victory isn't the end of a fight. It's the true beginning for blue lock. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka might have stolen the spotlight and left the match as Blue Lock's masterpiece... all of you will have equal chances to change your futures. I intend to make someone among you the best in the world. That dream hasn't changed. And in order to create a hero who will lead Japan to victory in the World Cup, everyone else will have their lives ruined. Prepare yourselves, unpolished gems. Blue Lock has reached the point of no return.  

Karasu: Heh, ya got that right. 

Yukimiya: Very stylish. 

Arryu: What outrageous words that sharpen the mind. 

Bachira licked his lips. 

Bachira: Very nice. I'm getting excited. 

Chigiri: Me too. 

Nagi: Same here. 

Ego glared over at Kiyotaka. 

Ego: Kiyotaka, follow me. 

Kiyotaka: Alright, let me at least change into another shirt. 

Isagi: (Kiyotaka's still the favorite, huh? Well that's not gonna be the same soon. If I want to be the best striker in the world, he's the one I have to surpass. I'll devour him!)

Before Kiyotaka left the locker-room, Anri-chan stopped him. 

Anri-chan: Oh, before you go Kiyotaka. I was gonna tell everyone that the menu at the cafe today will be luxurious, and all-you-can-eat! This is all I can do personally for you guys but I want you all to celebrate to your hearts content! You earned-I mean you all earned it, hehe.

Everyone: Yeah!!! 

Kiyotaka: Thank you, Anri. I'll take full advantage of that. 

Smiling, Anri looked on as Kiyotaka followed Ego out of the Lockeroom, walking past Rin who didn't lift his head up to meet his gaze.

And soon after, they all left, excited about the abundancy of food. 

Only Itoshi Rin remained in that dark and desolate room. 

...

...

...

Allowing access all the way to the VIP Booth, both Ego and Kiyotaka entered as the same shattered wine bottles and glasses remained across the expensive marble floor and rug. 

With the match at an end and commentary finished, the fans had slowly but surely left the stadium. Only a few fans and maintenance workers remained. 

Ego: So, tell me your insight on the match. I want to hear it all. 

Kiyotaka: If you paid attention to the post-game interview, I told the world everything that I experienced. 

Ego: Sure, you might have told them you wanted to make the decisive goals going forward, but I know you all too well, masterpiece. I want you to tell me what happened throughout the course of the match. We don't have a lot of time before those pesky workers, or your zesty demon Shido tries to find you. Lay it all on me. 

Kiyotaka sighed, sitting down right next to Ego. 

Kiyotaka: I went into the match expecting the pair of Itoshi Sae and Shido Ryusei, but I was surprised at the sudden benching of the latter. Itoshi Sae, at that point, was no striker so he was resorting to passes intended for subpar products. We capitalized on this to create pressure in counterattacks where I and Rin scored our goals. This, however, almost made Itoshi Sae quit so Shido was immediately brought in. 

Ego: I could tell it didn't sit well with you. 

Kiyotaka: At first, no. I guess I never got to experience my own chemical reaction on the other side of it, so it took some time to adjust. But after he scored three straight goals, I was able to decipher an effective strategy. Baro subbed in and I attained another tool. Using Reo on the defense alongside myself, we shut down their chemical reaction, giving us the momentum to score a counterattack with Baro as the striker despite their best defender Aiku attaining flow. 

Ego: What did you feel when Baro scored that goal?

Kiyotaka: A slight sense of satisfaction. The play I envisioned materialized, and the score was tied.

Ego: Go on. 

Kiyotaka: I was able to adapt to Itoshi Sae's arsenal but he himself experienced an awakening of his own. Changing his playstyle dynamic, it didn't leave me enough time to adapt so he scored a quick goal to regain the lead. 

Ego: And what enabled you to respond?

Kiyotaka: I affirmed my resolve and threw anything unnecessary away. It made my mind free and loose, allowing me to enter flow. With that, I got us the score tied once again and entered a fierce battle with Itoshi Sae for the final goal. Shido sensed this too and didn't want me to leave him behind, so he also ascended to flow as well. With the two of them against myself, the most I could do was play at a standstill. But that's why I had teammates to begin with. After ghosting for most of the game bar his first goal, Rin emerged from the dead and entered flow, assisting me. 

Kiyotaka: And when it came to the final play, everything winded down. After a quick skirmish, I stole the ball from Sae and dribbled forward. I was already thinking that my hattrick was close at hand but then I relayed the current situation in front of me. Shido, knowing what I had become, reacted to my advance immediately. It led me to the corner of the penalty box and my attempt for a goal was as good as dead. Despite everything I've experienced on this journey with Blue Lock, I still didn't have it in me to shoot it right from there. I would make it a tie if that happened. So, I used Isagi to realize my plans and win the game. I went against my ego for the most rational of approaches. 

He sighed. 

Kiyotaka: It goes against your philosophy. I know. But what's done is done. Nothing will change if you keep lingering on your failures. 

Ego: True, being a sore loser is not going to help you learn anything from the loss. It's a good thing you aren't a sore loser. Unlike the rest of this coddled generation, you take the loss head-on with no excuses. This is why you'll continue to improve. 

Getting up from his seat, he walked over to the front of the balcony overseeing the entire stadium. 

Ego: When you saw your past friends and girlfriend in the stands during the game, did you question why I brought them here in the first place? 

Kiyotaka: I did but it wasn't necessary to occupy my mind with. 

Ego: And that's where you're wrong. You've known me for a couple of months. Do I do things without explanation? 

Kiyotaka: No, everything is calculated with you. Whatever serves a purpose, you do well to maintain it and whatever has outlived its usefulness, you cast it away. 

Ego: That has remained my mindset since my days as a player. 

Kiyotaka: (Player?)

Ego: The point is: I didn't bring your classmates to watch your performance out of the goodness of my heart. I brought them here so you could say goodbye to them. You arrived in Blue Lock with the intention of talking with your girlfriend and eventually meeting again. The striker you're going to become, however, has no need for distractions, especially now. With the resounding victory of Blue Lock, phase 1 is complete. 

Kiyotaka: So are you still going to end with a single striker? As much as I want to secure that position myself, in doing so, everyone else will be taken off the Japanese roster given your previous parameters. With the amount of talent in Blue Lock, it's pretty ineffective.    

Ego: My plan hasn't changed since I thought of it. Japan doesn't need more than one ace, one hero. Out of the original 300 participants, only one will remain. Whether it will be you or another, is meaningless to me. The egoist who wins it all will lead this country to the World Cup, simple as that. So, continue to improve, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

He sighed. 

Ego: Your father finally fucked off so now you don't even have to worry about that. So let loose. Your performance today paved the way for your new life. But sharpen your weapons. Phase 2 it all begins. 

 With Ego leaving the VIP room, Kiyotaka remained alone inside. He walked over to the balcony and looked on at the stadium in front of him. 

Kiyotaka: Well, that's the end of that. I am starving. 

*THUD*

Suddenly, the door opened out wide in a haste. 

Kiyotaka: What now-

Arriving inside the VIP room was Itoshi Rin, out of breath and still with a towel covering his head. 

Kiyotaka: I don't have time for your tantrum. There's going to be an all-you-can-eat buffet when we arrive back to the Blue Lock Facility. It's time I indulge in a bit of foo-

Rin: Just shut the fuck up. You make me fucking sick. You and Isagi. Both fucking losers. I killed that fuck twice in the second selection. I outplayed you in our match and you had that antenna fuck save you. And this is what my brother thought Japan was looking for? 

Kiyotaka: I don't know what you're talking about, nor do I care all too much. But you need to get over your brother. He moved on from what I can tell about his new playstyle. So should you. 

Rin immediately lunged over and grabbed Kiyotaka by the shirt, his face too infuriated to think all too rationally. 

Rin: Go fucking die, Kiyotaka. I'll never fucking forgive you. You're my rival. Don't you forget. That means I'll fucking kill you. 

Kiyotaka glared right back at him and lifted him off the ground with a single hand, pinning him to the wall firmly. 

Kiyotaka: Then go right ahead. I'll kill your dream just like I killed your brother's. Maybe then you'll learn to show some respect.  

Throwing his body aside from the wall, Kiyotaka left Rin there, as the darkness surrounded him. 

*Incoherent screams*

Shido: Kiyo~!

Appearing from the corner, Shido wrapped around Kiyotaka from behind. 

Shido: Who's screaming their ass off?

Kiyotaka: It's nothing we need to concern ourselves about. Let's meet up with the others. We're getting an all-you-can-eat buffet. 

Shido: Ah~ that's awesome!

...

...

...

Throughout the coming days...on tvs.... across the entire world... football fans... both casual and diehard... saw bits and pieces of the match, fascinated in this new style of attacking football. 

The Blue Lock Eleven, to put it simply, became famous overnight. With players across the world now setting their fangs on the new, raw talent, the targets on the back of these egoists have never been this big. 

In Spain, the country's most remarkable of dribblers and a world-class dancer was annoyed at how loud his phone had been going off. He was in the middle of one of his usual clubbing escapades. He looked on and saw it was from his own agent. There were talks about a potential Blue Lock league. 

Licking his lips, he smiled. 

In England, a tall, good-looking blonde man received massages inside Manshine City's facilities. He smiled at the articles encircling the event and soon gave a call to an anonymous individual.

In Italy, a tall, man with messy hair and creepy eyes walked over and called out to one of Ubers' younger talents. This player, donning golden teeth, stared at the screen before him. Both he and his captain smiled at the sight of Kiyotaka's second goal celebration. 

In France, PXG's young superstar striker laced his shoes and continued to run on his treadmill at the highest setting. To him, it was merely a light jog. With headphones on, he listened in on the commentary of the single player he held a great stock of interest in. 

Finally, in Germany, the world's greatest striker, and Bayern Munchen's ace, sat behind an array of screens analyzing each and every movement made by Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. He broke down how fast his acceleration was, his top speed, physicality rating, passing and shooting tendencies, and ball retention ratings. Placing it all on his systemic grading chart, he widened his eyes. 

*KNOCK*

The World acclaimed striker heard a knock on his office door. 

???: Come in. 

Opening the door and entering, smiling all the while, a young Bayern Munchen striker with long hair and a blue rose tattooed across his neck, he casually walked in and sat down next to the greatest striker.

???: You've seen the tape right, Noa?

Noel: And what of it, Kaiser?

Kaiser: Let me have a go at him. I heard you got a call about a new league being made in Blue Lock's facility. 

With Ayanokouji's face appearing on a large screen, he placed his hand roughly on his face. 

Kaiser: If I get a chance to kill him, I'll join. I want to knock him down a peg. 

Noel: I didn't need your input. I was already going to give out the invitations to all of Bayern's U-20 roster. Participating in an event such as this, given the amount of spotlight placed on it amongst the planet, is obvious. 

Kaiser: That's good to hear. 

...

...

...

A day after their all-you-can-eat buffet, each and every player in Blue Lock were given an incredible surprise. 

As the last person forward, Kiyotaka stood, waiting for Anri to arrive with a small bin. 

Anri-chan: Here you go, Kiyotaka. It isn't much but here's the rest of your belongings. 

His real phone and a change of clothes was all he had from his past. 

Anri-chan: Oh, and this too. 

Handing Kiyotaka an envelope, she smiled. 

Anri: This is 15 million yen. 

Kiyotaka: Where did you get this money from?

Anri: Actually, your father. 

Kiyotaka: Hm?

Anri: Ego-san apparently had a small wager with your father on the side for 20 million yen. Since he lost, he came by last night and handed Ego the envelope himself. 

Kiyotaka: That's weird. But where's the other 5 million yen then? Not that I'm complaining, just curious. 

Anri sighed. 

Anri: Your father told him to give the entire amount to you but since Ego made the bet, he felt entitled to 5 million yen. At least he gave you the majority. I know you don't really have anywhere to hold up for. 

Kiyotaka: Ego did mention two free weeks since they are remodeling and setting up Blue Lock for the next phase. 

Anri smiled. 

Anri: Exactly. So, enjoy. You earned it Kiyo. Thanks to you, I can still dream about Japan lifting the World Cup.

Kiyotaka: I appreciate everything, Anri-san. You've always looked after us well. I can find a cheap place to stay for a week or two. 

Anri: Oh, actually I have more good news for you. 

Kiyotaka: Hm?

Anri: I live in a large apartment close to the facility. There's a guest room for you free of charge. It's the least I can do for everything you've done to help Blue Lock!

Kiyotaka: You really are a lifesaver, but I'd hate to intrude. 

Anri: Nonsense, no one else is using t-

Shido: Kiyo!!!!

Kiyotaka and Anri: ...

Crashing through the pair, Shido smiled. 

Shido: You are staying with me, pal. 

Kiyotaka: Won't your parents mind?

Shido chuckled. 

Shido: I live alone~ but I got a pretty big room and kitchen. I can set up a futon for ya and there's a soccer field we can play at a walking distance away. 

Kiyotaka: That sounds fine. 

Looking back at Anri, he bowed. 

Kiyotaka: Thank you, Anri-san for the offer, but this adjustment is better. The last thing I want to do is intrude. See you in a couple weeks. 

Anri smiled. 

Anri: Take care, Kiyotaka and Shido. Enjoy!

The pair of friends left the Blue Lock Facility as the last two to do so. 

Kiyotaka: I thought you left ages ago.

Shido:  How could I leave when ya don't got a place to stay? It's so sad~. 

Kiyotaka: Who told you I don't have a home?

Shido: That loser midget. He was good for blabbering about you, that's for sure. 

Kiyotaka: Oh, Yagami. I hope his ankle heals nicely. 

Shido: Hehe~ you're so mean. 

Kiyotaka: I'm being honest. 

Shido: Anyway, we gotta plan out these two weeks. Time goes by really fast. 

Kiyotaka: What do you have in mind?

Shido smiled. 

Shido: Obviously, we're gonna go shopping cuz your clothes are all duds. Then we're gonna eat at some cool joints I know nearby. And then... football for the rest of the day. 

Kiyotaka: You football obsessed demon. 

He sighed. 

Kiyotaka: Fine, not like I get anything better to use this money on. 

Showing his envelope to Shido he scoffed. 

Shido: Hehe~, who said you're paying? I'm inviting so I'm taking the tab. 

Kiyotaka: That's pointless. You're being stubborn. 

Shido: No I'm not.

Kiyotaka: Yes you are.  

Shido: No I'm not.  

Kiyotaka: Yes you are. 

Shido: No I'm not-

*Flick*

Shido: Ow~ 

Kiyotaka: I'm paying. You're already letting me stay over. 

Shido: Ah, these two weeks are gonna be awesome. 

Kiyotaka: You better know some good places. I'm not going to waste this time on fast food.

Shido: I live to serve~.

The two walked into the distance as their two weeklong escapades began. They were going to enjoy the time they had away from Blue Lock to the fullest. 

...

[BLUE LOCK FACILITY UNDERGROUNDS]

...

A large door slowly opened, revealing a large figure with orange, messy hair. Completely bulked up and with a face that could kill, Kunigami leaves an area known solely as the Wild Card. 

Speaker: PHASE 1 COMPLETE.

...

...

...

...

Hey guys, this marks the end of this segment of updates. It was a wonderful journey and I'm glad to finally deliver on the hype. This wouldn't exist without you all. 

I started this fanfic in January while still in a terrible situation that stemmed with me taking 6 months off writing in February because of the fallout. I was thankful for the support you all showed me and it helped me fix myself and become a better person. 

And then when I returned, you all supported the chapters like I never left. I was taken aback by your comments in a positive way. 

So it only made sense I returned and gave you all the rest of the fanfic at least til this point. It was the least I could do.

Sorry, this all is really emotional for me and sorry for the rant. I just want to say from the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU. 

This isn't the end of the fanfic. This is actually because I want to make the next arc even better, changing everything. 

So to make the next arc even better, I need to actually know what happens in this arc so I can tweak it and make it an incredible series of chapters you all can enjoy. 

In the meantime, JJK and Rezero will be the main fanfics I'll be updating. 

Also there might be a .5 chapter or two during this hiatus exploring Kiyotaka's shenanigans throughout these two weeks. So stay tuned for that eventually. 

So I'll leave you all with this: HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND TAKE CARE.     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 6.8K 194
Y1 description: After escaping the white room, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka joins the Advanced nurturing high school in search of a peaceful and normal highsch...
6.4K 258 22
[BlueLock x Male!OC] Ueyama Utsusu, 17 years old and is passionate when it comes to football. His school's team always could go to nationals but that...
36.2K 1.8K 23
"I don't play soccer, so don't ask." (Y/N) (L/N), child of the great (F/N) (L/N), former world champion turned coach, was once known as a prodigy in...
13.5K 427 14
In the world of Advanced Nurturing High School, the hierarchy is everything. It's a place where status and power are determined not just by one's aca...