The Monarch of Darkness ( OC...

By WritingLama

He had an evil grin on his face, "It's only just the beginning. We will meet again and this time you will be... More

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 - 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 - 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒-𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 - 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 - 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐨𝐛
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 - 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄-𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 - 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐞𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 - 𝐃𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐮𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 - 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 - 𝐁𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓 - 𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔 - 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐩 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨𝐰
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 - 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐧?
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗 - 𝐌𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎 - 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏 - 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐 - 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 & 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑 - 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒 - 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓 - 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐦𝐩
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒 - 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓 - 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕 - 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭
CURRENT UPDATE ON PROGRESS

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑 - 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞?

451 26 0
By WritingLama

══════════════════════════════════════════

Lee Jiah

══════════════════════════════════════════

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

𝐇𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐥 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦, 𝐒𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐥

My phone starts to ring non-stop.

"Urgh...who the hell is calling me at such an early morning?"

Picking up my phone and seeing Jinah's name flashing.

Sighing at the fact my peaceful sleep is disturbed but then again, it's Jinah.

"Jinah, it is 9am in the morning..."

"Hey Jiah, I'm sorry for disturbing you but I am wondering if you are free for lunch?"

"Huh? Yeah, I guess? Where?"

"Garden Cafe."

The place was only a few blocks away within a short walking distance.

"Fine, I'll be there around noon..."

"See you later!"

I sit up and sigh to myself.

"There isn't a point in going back to sleep...might as well do my daily..."

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

Sitting on my bed again after a hot shower.

Managing to complete my daily life a little faster than yesterday. Pushing myself to the limit had me completely dying earlier on but I am thankful for status recovery.

"Well time to see what to add...Stats."

Ring ~

Strength and agility are pretty useful, but if I look at sense, why not since those specific stats made me more aware of my surroundings.

With 'Battleborn', the effects I get on it, especially with 'Killing Instinct', make it easier to take down opponents with little or no strength since I can pinpoint their weakness and increase my senses might make it more effective.

Add everything to my sense.

Ring~

"Looking good...now time for the random box."

Ring ~ 

Breaking the runestone in my hand.

Ring ~ 

"Hmm? It's interesting."

The skill is just like 'Dark Healing' but instead of health it is mana. What makes it interesting is that there are two ways to handle it. A transfer of 211 mana points from myself to my target or a transfer of 211 mana points from an enemy to my target and dealing 20 magic damage to my enemy.

Looking at the time on my phone.

"Well time to head out."

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐟𝐞, 𝐒𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐥 

While waiting for Jinah to arrive I look through the forum and website that are for recruiting hunters to make up for the head count to various gates that other guilds or groups are planning to raid.

Gates are magical portals that connect the human world to the dungeons. They are blue in colour and can spawn just about anywhere, from inside a high school to the middle of a highway to the middle of an abandoned neighborhood. They remain open until the dungeons they lead to are cleared. Much like hunters and magic beasts, gates are categorized by the standard S-E ranking system. As a result, E-Rank gates are considered very low-risk, while S-Rank gates put entire countries in emergency. Gates also tend to be larger when they rank higher. D-Rank gates are about the size of large doors while S-Rank gates are so large that they appear like hurricanes, just like Jeju Island. Every gate rank needs a certain number of members to run dungeons at different levels.

So when a guild or a group cannot find enough people, the hunter association would assign any hunter who is available to the group to fill up the spot.

I just signed up for any that are looking for E-rank hunters.

The official guild websites are better because there are renowned guild like Hunters Guild, Fame Guild, White Tiger Guild, Fine Guild and Knights Guild, and they are always in need of E-rank hunters to do odd jobs like carrying supplies and equipment to mine mana crystals while guild members killed the magic beasts. And it is the same for smaller guild or groups. Right now I really don't care as long as someone picks me so that I can earn a living.

The difference between a renowned guild and a smaller guild or group can be significant. Working for a more known guild, you get better pay at the end of the job and survival chances are always 100%. Compared to the former, the pay depends on how the group splits the earnings and the risk of death is higher. 

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

After Jinah arrived, we went to order our food.

It has been a while since I met her and she starts to talk about her life and what has been going on lately with her. It is really nice to meet her after a long time.

"So what do you want to ask me?"

"I was wondering if you found a place yet?"

"Hmm? Are you planning to move?"

No, I was just wondering about your living situation."

Smiling at how she is always concerned about my well-being.

"Not really. The affordable places are all taken up so I'm still living in a hotel room. Why do you ask?"

She explained to me about the extra room that she is planning to rent out so that it will help her brother to pay some of the bills. I admire how she and Jinwoo are so close and it makes me a little jealous. I wish I had a brother like her, the closest is Ari but she has long passed.

It surprises me at how much she trusts me when it comes to living in her home.

I kind of know her brother since he tends to visit Mochi Mochi cafe whenever I am on shift to talk to me when there are no customers.

"How much is the rental?"

"Around 200,000₩ a month including utilities, amenities and all."

That is actually a steal. I mean my previous apartment is shit since it is in the area where most Gates appear and it cost around 500,000₩ a month but I still have to pay for my own utility bill.

"When do you expect me to move it?"

She is grinning from ear to ear, "Today would be nice since it is the first day of the month."

"Alright."

Squealing in delight, she grabbed both my hands with stars in her eyes, "We will be awesome roomies!"

She got up and called her brother to inform him about my moving in today.

Jinah comes running back, "It is settled!"

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

Arriving outside Jinah's home after packing my things.

Pressing the doorbell.

The door opens and Jinwoo greets me with a smile on his face.

Jinwoo is a scrawny young man shorter than Jinah with messy black hair and gray eyes. Hell, the man is about the same height as Jinah and people always think that he is her younger brother but I do find him cute.

He smiles at me, "Hey, Jiah! I am so glad you accepted the offer!"

"She was very convincing. Thanks for offering a room for me to stay in."

Chuckling at my comment. He knew his sister could be very convincing and determined.

"Come, let me show you around."

The apartment was a medium size place with connected living, dining and kitchen, and a shared bathroom. There were four rooms. My room was in the middle of Jinah's and Jin-woo's bedrooms.

"This will be your room!"

Opening the door and turning the lights on, the bedroom is very cozy and larger than the tiny hotel room I had stayed in.

"Oh shoot, I am late! I left the extra key on your bed. Feel free to do whatever you want to do!"

He rushes to pack his things and leaves me alone in the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216 21 6
In the heart of bustling Seoul, amidst the vibrant pulse of the city, lies the tale of a young woman whose life is forever changed by the awakening o...
127K 3.5K 57
Having been presumed dead, Akira woke up without any recollection of who he was. The only thing he does remember was his name, and the memory of a vi...
92.7K 2.4K 43
Enter Kazuki Tanaka, your regular high school student. Life has always been the same, eat, sleep, school, etc and repeat. That was until a fallen ang...
3K 171 18
My name was Y/N L/N. When people still called me with that name, I was a reader. Why the past, are you asking? I'm not dead. Probably. But since I wo...