𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎 - 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐞

══════════════════════════════════════════

Lee Jiah

══════════════════════════════════════════

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

𝐒𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐥, 𝐀𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝

Arriving at the location of an abandoned neighborhood.

The manager of the Royal Valor Guild, Ro Ju-Won greets me.

He walks in towards a crowd that is gathering near the gate. I can see an A-rank, 7 B-ranks, 4 C-ranks and 2 E-ranks. A total of 15 hunters.

"You are taking A-rank and B-rank to a C-rank Gate?"

"It may seem like an overkill with the A-rank and B-ranks participating in a C-rank gate. The A-rank fighter is Guk Jee, he is the guildmaster of Royal Valor and the B-rank tank is Park Chang-wook, he is the vice-guildmaster. The other two B-rank is Yu Suk, the healer and Gyo Dong, the Fighter. But the other 4 B-ranks and the 4 C-ranks are new recruits. They must first gain some dungeon experience."

"Ah, so that's how it is. What about the E-ranks?"

He explains that we are here to help with the baggage and the mining while the rest focus on the fight.

Soon it is time to go.

Picking the largest bags that feels like it is as light as a feather.

Nearing the gate.

Something feels off about it.

I am the last one to enter and the moment I placed a foot into the gate, the dimension starts to fluctuate like a strong current and the sensation is completely different from the first gate I had entered. Something grabs hold of me and pulls me in. Darkness is all I see and it feels like I am sliding down a rabbit hole just like Alice going down to wonderland.

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

The gate behind me closed.

Now standing on the other side which is a dense forested area. Surrounded by giant trees and roots that are impossibly large to be considered normal. The place is overgrown teeming with life.

Unlike the first gate and the human world this feels strange to me.

I can sense the mana around me clearly. Everything, from the air we breath, the earth we stand and the flora around us have mana flowing through them.

The other hunters are panicking. Unsure about their situation.

Guk Jee explains that we are inside a red gate and until we defeat the boss or a dungeon break occurs, no one will be coming for us.

Nobody dares to say a word, everyone looks so defeated knowing that their chances of survival are extremely low.

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

Trekking through the forest alone with a bag of food and survival gears. Following my instinct that leads me to the opposite direction of where the group is heading.

It is annoying how they left me behind to go find the boss.

Their intention is clear.

Me, being an E-rank female will only be a burden to them.

I have read about the red gate before. The environment is harsh, magic beasts here are at least B-ranked and the time here is dilated. One day here can be an equivalent to an hour or days in the human world but because of how unpredictable the Red Gate can be, there is no telling and hunters rarely escape the Red Gate so the information is limited.

Somehow I am surprised with my current stats that allow me to trek faster and further than a normal person.