𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒 - 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

══════════════════════════════════════════

Lee Jiah

══════════════════════════════════════════

𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐊𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚, 𝐒𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐥

It has been months since Jiah was stuck in the Red Gate.

From the news, the Red Gate has not been closed yet meaning there is a chance she is still alive.

Jinah and I have been so worried for her but what else can be done except for worry and hope.

I hate how I am so powerless to do anything about it.

The Red Gate is something that should not be messed with. They are impossible to predict since they look like a normal gate that is blue. It will only reveal their true nature after humans pass through them and it seals off its entrance once someone walks through it, trapping the humans already inside the gate and preventing anyone else from the outside from entering the gate, and refuses to open until one of three things happen: the boss is defeated, the entire raid party is killed, or a dungeon break occurs. The minimum difficulty level of a Red Gate is also at least B-Rank, meaning that the hunters within the gate are doomed if there isn't at least one A-Rank among them.

I know she grew up in Oracle Orphanage which is run by the Oracle Guild. I heard they taught the children their basic survival skills and are drilled on what to do if they face magic beasts. This is different because the environment within the gate is very harsh and ranges from a scorching hot desert to a freezing snowy field. Aside from being killed by magic beasts, the hunters can die from environmental factors such as frostbite, heatstroke, or starvation.

I have never rented the room she is staying in out to anyone. It has been left untouched ever since she left for the raid.

There is always something inside me that keeps telling me that she will come back and I am holding onto that hope right now.

I saw her for the first time when I went to pick Jinah up. I have liked her ever since but I never said anything because I have a lot on my plate with the rent, living expenses, Jinah's education and mother's hospital bill.

The day she came to live with us, that feeling only grew but I knew she only sees me as a brother. I did not want us to be in an awkward situation so I kept my feelings a secret but seeing what had happened, I had wished I had told her how I felt about her.

"Sigh...useless to think about this. I have a raid to go to."

As always I went on my usual raid with my group.

Lee Joonhee, Kim Sangshik and Song Woo-bin have been comforting me and keep on telling me that there is a chance she will still be alive since she was able to beat Kim Sangshik in a sword fight and Song Woo-bin in hand-to-hand combat. She is well trained, that is what they can see and that makes it a little more bearable.

'Please come back safely.'

A prayer that might or might not be heard by whoever is out there watching over her.

══════════════════════════════════════════

Note:

Sorry for the short chapter 😅