𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 - 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

══════════════════════════════════════════

Lee Jiah

══════════════════════════════════════════

𝐎𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞, 𝐉𝐞𝐣𝐮 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

Ms Yoo walks me to my assigned room. I had nothing on me. Everything is destroyed during the attack.

We arrived.

She opens that door to my new room.

"You must be my new roommate!" Hearing a girl squealed in excitement.

The girl is the same age as me. She is really pretty with wavy long brown hair and blue eyes.

She rushes up to me with a big bright smile. She takes both of my hands and starts to shake it, "My name is Jin Ari!"

I find it strange. It is the first time someone rushes up to greet me. I am used to people avoiding me like a plague.

"Lee Jiah..."

"You look like a snow fairy!"

I am surprised at her complimenting my appearance. This is a first for me. I do not know how to respond to her.

"Erm...thank you?"

Hearing Ms Yoo chuckling in amusement, "Ari, why not take Jiah on a tour around the orphanage?"

"Okay!"

————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time Skip ◾◾◾

The orphanage is enormous. Unlike the other orphanages, this one is well-maintained by the people working here.

Ari explains that the caretakers here are all members of the Oracle Guild. Ms Yoo decided to establish a palace for kids who have lost their parents to the Gates and have nowhere to go. The members of the Oracle Guild take care of the children as well as do dungeon raids. The money they earned from the raid is used to take care of the place.

"I did not know Ms Yoo takes in weirdos," someone mocked me.

Looking over my shoulders to see a group of children sneering at me.

"Do-yoon, do not be mean!" Ari glared at the boy.

He scowled at us and pointed at me, "Can't you see that she looks like a freak?"

The look of disgust was evident in his face and the other children agreed with him.

I find it hurtful that just because of my appearance, they see me as an outcast and someone to pull. I am just a new kid. I did nothing wrong but simply existed.

Ari is yelling and arguing with Do-yoon. Hearing him make fun of me with his hurtful words, I really want to punch him in the face.

The sound of kids screaming.