𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 - 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬

══════════════════════════════════════════

Lee Jiah

══════════════════════════════════════════

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

It has been a week since my apartment was destroyed.

I received tragic news about Jeju Island. The Korean hunter association ordered everyone to evacuate because it was nearly impossible to get the Island back at this point. During the evacuation, no one had predicted that they would be ambushed by the magic beasts.

Only a small handful of hunters managed to make it out alive. One of the hunters spoke about the oracle guild. Ms Yoo and the members of the guild stayed behind to fight. Buying some time for the others to transport the wounded. Those who are on the boat escape but they witness the death of the hunters who did not make it which includes Ms You and the rest. They sacrificed their life so that the others could live.

I felt myself going numb after hearing the news of their death. I did not want to believe it at all.

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

𝐒𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐥, 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲

The gray skies loomed over Seoul National Cemetery.

The place is a beautiful garden with a sad twist. The large tombstones made out of white marbled with the guild's name and the names of the members of the guild carved and painted in gold.

The crowds start to gather with people who are grieving for their loved ones who have lost their lives fighting to take back Jeju Island.

I know for a fact that the graves are empty. No bodies or ashes being buried. Every lifeless body is still on the island. No one is able to retrieve it because it is too dangerous to return.

The memorial is just to give these people some piece of mind.

Mr Go Gunhee, chairman of the Korean Hunter Association stood at the podium making a speech.

I did not bother listening to the speech.

Standing in front of the empty tombstone.

The list of names of the members of the guild I once admired was carved delicately on the marble stone with the crest of the guild.

"Just an empty grave...is there really a point being here?"

I head back instead. Not wanting to waste my time attending an empty funeral. It just makes things even sadder than it is.

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

Finding myself in the middle of a chaotic battlefield.

Watching the event unfold through the eyes of a hunter who is fighting against magic beasts. The way the body moves with speed and agility, I guess whoever she is, is one hell of an assassin. Being able to take down enemies who are larger and faster than her but using her opponent's weak and blind spots against them.

What I have not expected is that like a mage she is able to cast spells and like a healer, she is able to heal others. Her class is not set on just one but three. Her ability as a mage is unheard off, she is able to cast close and long range spells like some sort of battle mage.

I find it rather strange when the scene before me keeps getting cut and shifted into a different scene as if there is a time-skip.

The faces of the people around her are blurred out and their voices muffled even though I sense they are yelling over the chaos.

The scene shifted a few times before it ended with her plunging the dagger through a man's chest.

I was surprised when I could see the man's face clearly. He was a handsome man with long red hair, a neatly trimmed red beard and glowing red eyes.

The man smirked at her.

He pulled the dagger out of his chest.

He is looking at her with an evil grin but there is something about that bothers me. It is as if he is looking not at her but right at me as if she knew I was watching everything at the back of her mind.

"It's only just the beginning. We will meet again and this time you will be mine," His deep dark voice sends shivers down my spine and his words sound more like a promise.

The scene before me shifted and now I find myself standing in a large ominous circular room surrounded by giant stone statues of different classes. There was a larger one at the end of the hall and the hooded statue holding a stone tablet in its hands.

This has never happened before and this is a first.

The sound of a soft ping caught my attention and a familiar hologram screen appeared. This felt more like the beginning of something after reading what was written.

A flash of light blinded me

Ping~

The sound of my alarm woke me up

I groaned in annoyance and turned off the noisy sound maker and stared at the ceiling.

Rubbing my face with my hands in frustration.

The same damn dream that made no sense for the past week after the memorial.

I am so unsure but something about it felt so real and familiar.

The image of the man and the way he looked and spoke to me still made me shiver.