𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

══════════════════════════════════════════

Third Person's POV

══════════════════════════════════════════

It was another busy morning at the Hunters Association.

You Jin-cheul, an A-rank hunter and the chief inspector of the Korean Hunters Association's Sveillance was busy with the pile of paperwork that was on his desk. There were many things that needed to be looked over and settled while there were other more papers that kept coming in.

"Manager Yoo Jin-Cheul!" Heo Dae-Ho called out to him.

He looked over his shoulder to see his colleague, Heo Dae-Ho.

"What is it?"

Heo Dae-Ho handed Yoo Jin-Cheul the report and he read through the file.

"C-rank dungeon raid. 8 people were killed in action and the only survivor was an E-rank hunter known as Lee Jiah." Heo Dae-Ho briefly explains.

Unfortunate as it is, Yoo Jin-Cheul knew it is nothing strange for a hunter to die in a dungeon. What the Hunters Association would do is just investigate the matter as per usual. It was just a matter of keeping a proper record of everything that had happened. It would all go smooth... as long as nothing suspicious was noted.

The protocol in the case of a death during a Raid was simple. They would have to report the incident to the Association and undergo a brief investigation.

"Looks like she ran away. Isn't it a common occurrence?"

"That's the problem, she did not run away. The dungeon was cleared. Miss Lee explained that the leader was the last one standing, both him and the boss exchanged blows but it killed him." Yoo Jin-Cheul, handed the file back to Heo Dae-Ho.

"The boss <Eardwul, Master of Misery> shouldn't have been much of a threat to organized parties, so it's strange that 8 people died."

Yoo Jin-Cheul sighed, "Don't beat around the bush and tell me. If there wasn't a really strange part you wouldn't have consulted me and taken care of it yourself."

"That survivor is an orphan girl from Jeju Island. The one that was found inside the dungeon there..."

"Wait..are you talking about Lee Jiah?" He had heard about that incident where a young girl was found unconscious at the altar but it was ruled out as she got lost while running away.

Yoo Jin-Cheul had seen the young lady at the evaluation waiting room. She was hard not to notice, a very petite and slender female with jet black hair, bright icy blue eyes and skin fairer than normal. She reminds him of a little dark fairy.

Except for her black hair, her appearance resembles Choi Ha-ru, the adopted brother of Choi Jong-In and the newest reawaken, S-rank hunter. To him, she looked like the female version of him. While Ha-ru had a tall, muscular and mature appearance, Jiah had a petite, lithe and child-like appearance. And their names were odd, one was named Ha-ru means sunlight while the other was named Jiah means moonlight. He did wonder if the two of them were related seeing both of them were orphans.

He pushed the ridiculous idea from his mind. There is no point thinking about it, he thought to himself.

"There is nothing strange. She is an E-rank hunter and if you think she might have had anything to do with the hunters' death. I doubt she is capable of murder." Yoo Jin-Cheul waved him off.

Heo Dae-Ho. nodded and left but he still found it odd but since his superior said there is nothing wrong, he believed he should trust his judgment.