𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 - 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒-𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐞

══════════════════════════════════════════

Lee Jiah

══════════════════════════════════════════

𝐉𝐞𝐣𝐮 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

"Oh my, you are getting better everyday!" Ms Yoo smiled at me proudly.

It has been 6 years since I arrived at the orphanage.

Since I did not get along with the other children, Ms Yoo and the rest has decided to let me join them in their training. I told them I wanted to become a hunter like them and they are more than happy to train me.

When it comes to my academics in school, I am hopeless but Ms Yoo always tells me that it does not matter because everyone is good at something. So they trained me and taught me everything they knew and I excel in that.

"You did improve a lot!" Heyon Chul patted my head after finish the rigorous training..

"Thanks!"

"Don't mention it, you are to be the future Oracle Guild's hunter!" He laughed out loud.

I smiled at his words.

————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time Skip ◾◾◾

After school is the best time of the day.

I have always hated school.

I am not textbook smart like the rest of the students in my school nor am I good when it comes to any form of social interaction with people.

The teachers hate me for causing fights but it is not my fault since the students are the ones who are bullying me and I am just protecting myself.

"Come on! We are going to be late for dinner!" Ari as always is really excited when it comes to food. Everyday she will drag me home as fast as she can just for dinner.

She is the closest thing I have to a sister.

"Relax, we still have another hour before dinner."

For the past few years, I enjoyed living at the orphanage.

I have become a nightmare student at school but a diligent student when it comes to training with the Oracle Guild. Compared to school and training with the guild. My school academics are shitty as hell but I have improved and excel in my training and lessons with the guild members.

Ari on the other hand is the opposite of me. She has no interest in being a hunter. She is an A star student in school where everyone all loves her. She excels in her studies, the president of the student council and also the drama club.

Walking back to the orphanage.

Ari starts talking about how excited she is for the upcoming school festival next week.

The sound of explosions and people screaming horror caught our attention.

"What the hell?"

Watching people running in the opposite direction, away from the chaos.

There are giant ant-like creatures destroying and killing everything in sight.

Ms Yoo and most of the guild members are fighting them off while some of the members are escorting the civilians to get to the evacuation site at the harbor.

It was utter chaos.

I grabbed Ari's hand and started running with the crowd towards that direction.

An ant appeared a few meters ahead. Blocking all of us.

It starts killing everyone in sight.

Ari in a panic, she runs towards the other direction.

"Fuck!" I ran after her but an ant came out of nowhere and ate her.

It charged at me but Ms You and two other members took it down.

Ari screamed and ran the other direction. I ran after her but an ant came up and ate her. Another charged at me but Ms Yoo took the ant down.

"Come on!" She quickly guides me to the harbor where the civilians are impatiently getting on board the ship.

I turn to face her, "What about you?"

"Don't worry about me. I can handle this."

"I can fight!"

"No, you are still young and not a hunter yet. You need to go with them."

Ms Yoo, who is like a mother to me. The woman that always encourages me to reach my goal while others make fun of me.

"Just hold on until I am 16! When I finally become a hunter, I will come and help you take back the island."

She laughed, "Of course, you will be. But now, you need to go with them."

Something felt off.

She looked as if this was the last time I would see her face again.

"Don't worry," She smiles at me. "When this is all over, everything will go back to normal."

Pushing all dark thoughts aside, "Okay..."

She hugged me tightly before another hunter pulled me towards the boat.

She was waving goodbye when the ship sailed towards the main island.

Our promise was the only thing that kept my hope up.

I watched as my home slowly fell into chaos, getting further and further away into the distance.

————————————————————————————————————

𝖭𝗈𝗍𝖾:

- 𝖩𝗂𝖺𝗁 𝗂𝗌 10 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝗅𝖽.
- 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖲-𝗀𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝖺𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇 𝖩𝖾𝗃𝗎 𝗂𝗌𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽

————————————————————————————————————