Project: Bland King

By angle99999

(No longer in Hiatus but there will be periodic breaks in between batches of chapters I publish since I need... More

Prologue: A Chance
Chapter 1: Blue Lock
Chapter 2: Team Building
Chapter 3: The King
Chapter 4: The Enemy Hidden in the Shadows
Chapter 5: The Egoist Moves Forward
Chapter 6: Kuon The Leader
Chapter 7: I'm Sorry
Chapter 8: Awakening
Chapter 9: The Geniuses
Chapter 10: Turning the Tide
Chapter 11: The Lazy Genius
Chapter 12: Our True Selves
Chapter 13: The Second Selection
Chapter 14: A Match Made in Hell
Chapter 15: Relaxation and Chaos
Chapter 16: The Overwhelming Might of Itoshi Rin
Chapter 17: The Masterpiece and His Beast
Chapter 18: On the Border of Flow
Chapter 19: The Moment My Ego Awakened
Chapter 20: Welcome To the Real World
Chapter 22: The Excitement Soccer Brings
Chapter 23: The Greatest Show
Chapter 24: Well Deserved Relief
Chapter 25: The Third Selection
Chapter 26: Analytical Duo
Chapter 27: In Your Element
Chapter 28: One Man Army
Chapter 29: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better
Chapter 30: Impossible to Predict
Chapter 31: Taken
Chapter 32: Training Camp
Chapter 33: The Ultimate Stage
Chapter 34: Cops and Robbers
Chapter 35: Devouring the U-20 Team
Chapter 36: Headliner
Chapter 36.5: Halftime Mayhem
Chapter 37: Big Bang
Chapter 38: Utter Chaos
Chapter 39: Redemption
Chapter 40: A Masterpiece Reborn
Chapter 41: Clash of Prodigies
Chapter 42: The Last Strike
Chapter 42.5: The Future of Japanese Football
Chapter 42.6: Blissful Leasure
Chapter 43: New Environment
Chapter 44: Running for your Life
Chapter 45: Loki's Homework
Chapter 46: Golden Teeth
Chapter 47: Premier Manipulator
Chapter 48: Divine Messenger
Chapter 49: Anti-Chemical Reaction
Chapter 50: I AM HIM!
Chapter 51: Coinflip

Chapter 21: Stepping into the World Level

5.9K 347 51
By angle99999

In their five person formations, Kiyotaka's team and the world five were ready for the match to begin. Since they were pro level players, the Blue Lockers were allowed to kickoff the game. 

Kiyotaka, after his long training session with Shido in the night, looked over to him as the too locked eyes. 

Kiyotaka: As soon as we kickoff, everyone is going to rush the opposing field. We're going to catch them off-guard. They don't think much of us so we have to make them think we're something. If anything, the other three will be good distractions.  

And with this, Kiyotaka passed to Shido who passed right back to him to commence their final match. 

Kiyotaka scanned the field and saw that, aside from Loki, the others didn't really want to put forth their best effort. However...

Kiyotaka: (Seeing Loki's face already proved to me that he has no shred of nervousness about the match. It's almost as if the result of this match is a forgone conclusion.)

Instead of covering Igarashi, Aryu, and Raichi, Pablo Cavasos, Leonardo Luna, and Adam Blake pushed forward to Kiyotaka. 

Kiyotaka: (So they've seen our footage and knew the only real threats on this team would be myself and Shido.)

Pablo: Let's see how good your dribbling is-

Kiyotaka: There's no need. 

Pinpointing Shido, he saw him enter the penalty area, heavily guarded by Dada Silva. 

Dada Silva: Ya think you're getting past me with that lanky body of yours?

Shido: Get out of my face, troll. It's almost there...

Loki sped towards Shido. 

Loki: What's there?

Shido smiled. 

Shido: My explosion!

As if it was almost through reflex, Kiyotaka kicked the ball from the half court line with his full power. It soared into the air at an insane curve, right towards the penalty area. Once it crossed into it, Shido automatically knew where it would drop. 

It was exactly where he wanted it. 

Shido's eyes weren't even on the ball since he didn't need them to be. His ability was penalty area perfection. As long as he's in the penalty area, with his extreme spatial awareness, he can track the soccer ball in any place inside. 

On pure reflex, he glided off the ground and right past Dada Silva's grip and before Loki could catch up to him. 

Shido: Genius... you're passes are getting better!

*SMASH*

In an acrobatic volley, Shido shot the ball through the Blue Lock man's hands and into the net for the first goal of the match. 

Blue Lock [1] - World Five [0]

Raichi, Aryu, and Igarashi saw firsthand, their team scoring against the World Five. 

Aryu: (Is it just me or is their combination getting a lot quicker?)

Right from the middle of the field, Kiyotaka felt their chemical reaction and his body turned this feeling into excitement. Small droplets of blood dripped down his eyes. 

Pablo: (Ew, that must be what we saw from his last match.)

Leonardo Luna: (Hm? Does he bleed from his eyes when he gets excited? I think he should see a doctor.)

Adam Blake: (Watching from a screen and seeing it firsthand are completely different. I guess these two kids are going to make us try a little.)

Shido: Ah.....

Kiyotaka walked over to Shido. 

Kiyotaka: Great finish. You're getting faster, but can't you just stockpile everything and release it after the match or something? 

Shido: Why would I do that if I can feel so good right now?

Kiyotaka sighed. 

Kiyotaka: Just get back on defense. The last thing we need is to have a missing player in the back giving them a chance at an easy counterattack. 

Kiyotaka patted Shido's head lightly to which he agreed with his demands. 

The players all went to their original positions. 

Loki: What a slippery connection. Not bad. 

The French supernova checked the ball and began their attack. But instead of passing to his other teammates, he took it upon himself with a big smile. 

Loki: Now show me what you got, Bland King. 

In a short burst of speed, Loki passed through Kiyotaka's blind spot on his right and got past him. But because of his incredible acceleration, Kiyotaka kept up with his speed and applied pressure from his right shoulder. 

Loki: I guess I'll just have to go faster. 

His playful demeanor shifted immediately and his ego awoke, using his God-given ability: Godspeed. 

With ease, Loki zoomed right past Kiyotaka into open field, still ignoring his four other teammates. 

Kiyotaka: (So he wants to score this goal on his own. I'm not so honorable to make this a one on one however.)

He stared right at Shido who responded and went after the fast-paced Loki. Kiyotaka changed gears to his top speed and acceleration and seemed to catch up with Loki.

Loki: I knew you were pretty fast but I didn't think you'd put this much of a fight. 

Shido: What about me, prodigy?

He burst through in front of Loki, holding out his leg to take the ball away. 

But this was exactly what Loki was waiting for. A layout of the final third of the pitch played through Kiyotaka's eyes and he noticed Loki's next move: he was going to use Shido as a means to slow him down before he caught up with him. 

Kiyotaka: (This would have been nice to learn a couple milliseconds prior. Just because I know what's going to happen doesn't mean I can stop it if I don't have time. Guess this is the pinnacle of soccer Ego is trying to reach.)

Loki bull-rushed right through Shido, jumping over his extended leg and skated past him. Kiyotaka had to stop and dodge Shido, costing him valuable milliseconds. 

All that stood in his way was... Raichi who peeled off Pablo and dashed forward. 

Raichi: Bastard, I know you're not gonna pass! I'll destroy you-

Loki looked down at Raichi and proceeded to toy him with his incredible control of his acceleration, decelerating an accelerating in radical patterns, until Raichi's legs gave out and fell right over to the ground. 

Raichi: Shit...

However, thanks to his effort, Kiyotaka and Shido, like the monsters they were, caught up to Loki and fought against him for the ball. 

Adam Blake: (Talk about a showoff.) 

Pablo: (Thank God I'm not in there. That guy's blood might... drip on my uniform. Ah, gross. He'll tarnish my cute appearance.)

Shido smiled. 

Shido: We got ya cornered, Frenchman! 

Kiyotaka: (Just a little more...)

Finally, Loki cleared some space on the right side and looked to shoot it past Blue Lock Man. 

Shido: It's mine!

However, unbeknownst to Shido, Loki merely hit him with a feint and touched the ball forward once again, past Kiyotaka's legs.

Loki's shoot, just like his legs, also brought him much acclaim. It was incredibly quick and fast to draw. 

The shot went right past Blue Lock Man and into the net. The score was now tied. 

Blue Lock [1] - World Five [1]

Kiyotaka: (So this is his ability: Godspeed. And it's not only that. Unlike Chigiri, he doesn't rely solely on his speed. He uses his eyes and intuition to sharpen his decision making on the fly. His technique and positioning are both pro level. I'm surprised he's only 17.)

Igarashi: Oh, shit! Not even Shido and Kiyotaka could stop him. We're done for!

Shido sighed and walked over to the fallen Raichi who Aryu was already trying to get up to his feet. 

Shido: What's wrong, shark teeth? Ya died?

Raichi: Nah... I don't think so... but it looked like I did. 

Shido laughed. 

Shido: Look at you being so honest. Get your ass up. You're suppose to do your part so Kiyotaka and I can destroy them. 

Aryu: (He's so fast. I couldn't even track him.)

The World Five began to talk amongst themselves. 

Adam Blake: Don't think you'll pull that off again. I'm aiming for that 10k bonus. 

Dada Silva: Same here. I gotta recoup the money I lost in our bet, junkie. 

Leonardo Luna: I don't really care for the cash, but I really don't wanna make this the 'Loki showpiece.'

Pablo: And I could use some money for my sightseeing. 

Igarashi looked like he was going to lose it from the fear. 

Igarashi: They don't even care about the match since they know they can beat us anytime!

Kiyotaka: Enough. Just get back in position and shut up. Now's our chance to counterattack. 

With Kiyotaka checking the ball with Aryu, Shido dashed up along with Igarashi while Raichi stayed in the back. 

Kiyotaka: Now, I need to find a way to dismantle their formation and take them by surprise-

Pablo: Ah, you're so gross up close. You're not going to get any fans like that. It must suck. 

In a surprising move, Pablo initiated the pressure and defended Kiyotaka closely. 

The pair dribbled and danced across the midfield, but there was no opening to exploit. For someone so small and seamlessly harmless, Pablo was a monster in his own right. 

Pablo: You have the basics nailed down and you got some flair and speed. But your dribbling lacks creativity and spirit. It's easy to read. 

Just as Kiyotaka changed feet and was about to burst into second gear, Pablo extended his foot and snatched the ball from his feet. 

Pablo stuck out his tongue. 

Pablo: But who am I kidding? A guy as disgusting as you can't even understand the word creative. 

Kiyotaka: No, but you're patting yourself on the back too prematurely. You're not thinking about the big picture.  

Before Pablo could separate, Kiyotaka reached his top speed and regained possession with a timely tackle, resuming in his attack. 

Pablo: How annoying...

In a split second, Kiyotaka scanned his options. Shido was covered by Dada Silva and Adam Blake while Aryu was held in place by Leonardo Luna. Loki was the only one left that was fast enough to stop Kiyotaka. 

Loki: Let's have a round two, king. 

Kiyotaka: No thank you, I know how that will turn out. 

Shido, frustratingly, kept getting tied in place by Dada Silva. His size and strength made it impossible to pass him. And Adam Blake was preparing for a potential deflection so he could take off with the ball. 

Kiyotaka: I guess it's left to me. 

*SMASH*

From his position, Kiyotaka smashed the ball from far out, slightly surprising Loki. It curved and swerved across the air, gliding to it's destination at the top left corner. 

But because he was still around 30 meters away, it gave time for Dada Silva to charge back into the penalty area and head away the potential goal. 

Dada Silva: Sorry, lanky twerp. Ya think I'm gonna let you score some cheapass goal? 

The loose ball soared in the air and landed at the feet... of Adam Blake. 

Adam Blake: Finally, let's get this over with. 

Kiyotaka and Shido ran back since the counterattack had begun. Dada Silva, in all his glory, stormed through the middle and demanded the ball. 

Adam Blake: Why would I give it to you?

Dada Silva: Cuz I'm gonna get you a goal. You only gotta return the favor, junkie. 

Adam Blake: I'll do just fine without your help, gorilla. 

Leonardo Luna: Ah, no fair. I want to get in on the action. 

Dada Silva: Then you're going to have to wait in line, Scion. 

Aryu met Adam Blake's path and tried to pressure him using his long limbs. 

Adam Blake: I'm not attracted to men. 

Without even raising a hand, Adam Blake bull rushed Aryu and sent him rolling on the ground from his sheer physique. 

Kiyotaka coordinated with Shido, and Raichi to form a belt of defense in the middle of the box to stop their assault. 

Igarashi tried to help against Adam Blake but without even running in the fray, he knew he would be killed so he froze in fear. The English phenom inched closer and closer to the penalty box. 

Adam Blake: Here, open me a path, you fucking troll. 

Dada Silva: That's the spirit, womanizer. 

Dada Silva had Shido and Raichi covering him but their bodies didn't match up with his frame. They were pushed aside without much trouble. In doing so, Adam Blake sent a dart pass to Silva's feet to which he controlled in place.  

Dada Silva: HAHAHAHA!!!

A determined Kiyotaka, as the last line of defense, squared up with Dada Silva's approach. 

Kiyotaka: Come, ogre. 

Dada Silva: With pleasure, you brat!

However, to his surprise, Kiyotaka matched his power and kept him in place. 

Dada Silva: (And here I thought Japanese people were lanky and shrimpy. This one has a decent core strength. I can't break through so easily with you, hehehe.)

Dada Silva: There ya go, bastard. I got the next chance!

A lateral pass over to Adam Blake left him the right side of the goal wide open. Despite Kiyotaka charging forward and extending his foot, he just couldn't cover the ground in time. 

Adam Blake: People ask me why I'm called the Goal Junkie. This is why. I'm just obsessed with scoring. 

With a precise volley, it reached the top right corner and past the Blue Lock keeper. 

Blue Lock [1] - World Five [2]

Shido: These guys are the real deal. We're not going against some chumps now. These are bonafide pros. 

Kiyotaka: That just makes it all the more satisfying. We're not some pushovers. We're going for the jugular.

Shido: Couldn't have said it better myself, hehehe.  

...

...

...

Chapter 22: The Excitement Soccer Brings

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 259 22
[BlueLock x Male!OC] Ueyama Utsusu, 17 years old and is passionate when it comes to football. His school's team always could go to nationals but that...
36.3K 1.8K 23
"I don't play soccer, so don't ask." (Y/N) (L/N), child of the great (F/N) (L/N), former world champion turned coach, was once known as a prodigy in...
101K 4.6K 31
[Blue Lock] > "THE CHOICES WE MADE IN THE PAST ARE WHAT GAVE US THE CHANCES WE HAVE TODAY." The only thing Jin Saito has ever wanted was to become t...
130K 6.9K 194
Y1 description: After escaping the white room, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka joins the Advanced nurturing high school in search of a peaceful and normal highsch...