Double fireπŸ”₯

By _queenziraa

She breathes fire πŸ”₯ He breathes fireπŸ”₯ The word 'detest' isn't enough to describe what these two have for... More

//1-pt1//:Graduation
//1pt2//: Graduation
//2//:Last day
//3//:Farewell Motherland
//4//:Shopping Spree
//5//:New Year, New Beginning
//6//: New York City
//7//: Invited and Univited guests
//8//: Down the Streets of the City
//9//:Together for good
//10//:Fashion Week
//11//:Home Sweet Home
//12//:First day at home
//13//:Revelations
//14//:Bully
//15//:Wedding bells
//16//:Refueling Danger and Trouble
//17//:A Night in the comfort of the street
//18//:This love thing
//19//:Sacrifices and Alliance
//20//:Thunderstorms
//21//:Lifesavers
//22/:Fashion Exhibition and Fashion Show
//23//:Preparations and Arrangements
//24//:Events
//25//:Nikkah
//26//:Supposed couples
//27//: Somewhat Euphoric
//28//:Baba Kaka
//29//:Emotional Turmoil
//30//:Birthday disaster
//31//:Entangled love
//32//: Jannah's birthday lunch
//33//:Violence 2.0
//34//:Verily,each soul shall taste death
//35//: Unleashing the Dragon
//36//: Where they tell their stories
//37//: Where they tell their stories 2
//38//: Forgive and Forget
//39//: Fire on Fire
//40//: Despair
//41//: Beauty in Red
//42//: From him we are and to him we shall return
//43//: Goodbye Sanity
//44//: Numbness
//45//: SA
//46//: J'taime Mie Amour
Characters
//48//: Revelations of Mysteries
//49//: More Secrets
//50//: Calm before the storm
//51//: Havoc/Mayhem/Massacre
//52//: Non-existent
//53//: Self-Defence
//54//: Unalive
//55//: Adieu
//56//: Princess
//57//: Pure love
//58//: Moving on
//59//: FAROOQ'S POV
//60//: Double Fire
Epilogue

//47//: Reincarnation

326 47 14
By _queenziraa

"I'm gonna take a shower." Farooq grabbed a towel then headed straight into the en-suite. Sabrina sat on the stool gazing at the glorious Eiffel Tower from their apartment. It was so tall that one could see it from anywhere in Paris. She removed her coat and was left with her black three quarter dress. Grabbing a bowl of raspberries from the fridge, she returned back to her position.

The smile that lingered on her face could tell a lot. The gleefulness in her tonight couldn't be expressed by mere words.

She's in love.

For real this time around.

Falling in love with her longtime enemy and the person she hated the most was something she would have never imagined could happen, not even in her wildest imagination. She was happy, but that's the sad thing. Her happiness is always short lived.

Running his two hands down her straightened hair, he went on his knees behind her so as to align with her height. His hands were now around her flat tummy as his head was rested on her shoulder.

"Is something bothering you, Adila?" He questioned because he could read all her smiles. And this particular one she had on her face was a sad-exultant one.

She sighed slightly tilting her head to face him. "I'm happy."

He furrowed his brows. "Then why this particular smile?" He was lost no doubt there.

"Farooq, my happiness is always short lived. I keep telling myself that nothing is going to happen but deep down I know I'm just saying that to sheath my heart." He held her hands in his, his gaze once again lingering on her.

"Then so what if something were to happen? With the type of dramatic life we have, something is most likely to occur sooner or later. It's part of life, Adila. The same way happiness doesn't last for a really long time, sadness doesn't also stay for that long. Instead of running away from your worries, face them and see how that will go." He pecked her on the cheek. Carefully, she rose to her feet pulling him up with her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as he clutched onto waist. "Then make me forget about my worries." She whispered into his ears making his heart skip a bit.

If only she knew the effect she had on him.

"Are you sure you want—" she cut him off as she clashed their lips together. They were so lost in their embrace, he didn't know when he switched of the lights of the room. The only light he could see was that of his Adila. And the balcony window that was opened. "Please.." she broke the kiss gazing at him.

"I want you, Adila. I want you so bad right now. Stop me while you still can." His right hand was on her hair while the other one was on her waist.

"I'm all yours tonight. I want you to make me yours." She unbuttoned his shirt quickly tossing it aside. She used her tiny fingers to trail his packs, drawing circles around his chest.

The hormone had already dropped by in her and she couldn't even control herself anymore. He buried his head on her neck as he left kisses on it. Delicately, he unzipped her dress from behind making it drop on the floor leaving her with only her undergarments. The shyness that she never got once had creeped in, on her unknowingly. His grip was hard but gentle at the same time. He turned her around to face him. "You scared already, princess?" He chuckled seeing how red she had suddenly become. He never thought they'd be a day he'll be the reason for her to be nervous.

She shot her eyes immediately at him. "Try harder, Jerkilace." He pressed their bodies together digesting every bit of her despite the few clothing they still had on. He caressed her cheeks the brought their lips together as though to assuage a hunger that could merely be satisfied. The two fell on the bed with their bodies moving in sync.

"Tell me when it hurts, okay?" He licked his bottom lips waiting for a response from her but she pushed him getting on top of him. "Don't lose your senses too soon. There's nothing I can't handle." That was the Adila he knew and loved. The girl wasn't afraid of anything. If courageousness and fearlessness was magic, then she could move mountains from place to place.

He covered them with the blanket. "I guess that old woman was right, huh?" He kissed her, then she pulled back.

"That old woman was always right, we were the dumb ones." She giggled as she pulled him closer to her. He searched for the secrets hidden inside her and he found each and every single one, loving, charming and dainty. She was like an angel sprawled on him. Though she was a bold one, he was afraid of damaging any part of her glossy princess like body. It was too good for any man. Her siren hazel eyes shone ever brightly as he made love to her. She had a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower as her dreams came true that night.

That night was magical.

A night of truth. A night of passion. A night of happiness. A night of bliss. A night of magic. A night of pleasure and warmth. A night that seemed like eternal bliss. A night that seemed as though it would last forever.

*

SABRINA'S POV

I woke up with a sharp pain from my abdomen down to my feet. I bit my lips to stop a groan from escaping as I stretched my legs on the soft blanket, adjusting my sitting posture. So my biology teacher, Mrs Harry, was right. It is painful to the woman because she's the one receiving it.

Something I never thought I would do at the age of twenty. Life really does happens.

The only piece of clothing on me was Farooq's oversized T-shirt that stopped below my mid thigh.

I headed straight to the washroom just for me to find everything intact. Brushing my teeth with my favorite raspberry flavored toothpaste, I discarded the shirt I had on.

I'm starting to wonder if I really bewitched Farooq or he's just waiting for the perfect time to spew venom. Don't get me wrong, I love it when he's sweet but then again it's Jerkilace after all.

The hot water in the bath was just the way I wanted it. The scented candles that were actually rose scented candles. The antidepressants contained in the scent of roses bring a positive boost and uplifting stimulant of mind for people struggling with anxiety.

How did he know the exact one I usually use?

I used wet wipes to clean myself down there till I got every spot. I put few drops of some essential oils inside the bathtub then scattered the roses before soaking myself in the water. My eyes explored my laps that was completely healed from all the scars.I never thought they'd be a day that I'll see my laps scarless. My legs were now beautiful and healed.

Immediately I was through with the bathroom, I wrapped a towel around me then stepped out of there. I applied the lotions or shall I just say I did my usual skin care routine. I settled on a Hermes turtleneck long sleeved top tucked into a black Giorgi Armani straight pants, I topped it with a Salvatore Ferragamo brown checkered knee length coat. Wrapping a black jersey veil around my head, I put a black beret over it. I adorned my neck with a Buccelatti gold chain, then my SAK long pendant necklace.

"Already ready for the day I see." Farooq beamed walking into the bedroom with a tray of food. He pressed our foreheads together then sat next to me on the bed.

He placed the tray on my thighs. "Where did you order breakfast from?" I moaned taking a bite out of pancakes.

He threw me a glare. "I prepared it myself."

I looked at him for a brief second then burst out laughing. "I don't know who thought you this joke cause it's really not funny. Now seriously, where did you order from?" I took a sip out of the raspberry tea.

"When have I ever joked about something? I told you I prepared it myself." He sounded like he was getting annoyed by my taunts. That was when I realised he really cooked himself. But how's that even possible?
He's the worst cook I know, if he really did cook himself I hope he didn't burn down the kitchen.

"Then why is it edible?" I threw my head backwards digesting the warmth and deliciousness of the pancakes.

He tossed a pillow my way along with endless daggers. "Screw you. It's my fault for trying to be nice." He frowned grabbing his MacBook to do what he loves more than anything.

Work.

It was clearly obvious that I pissed him off bad. I almost choked on my breakfast seeing his jaw clench and unclench. I made sure I finished my breakfast first before swallowing my pride to talk to the egoistic man I had as a husband.

I sat next to him pushing him slightly. He still ignored me and continued working. "You dey vex?" I tried my best not to laugh because it will anger him more.

He didn't reply, he just acted as if I wasn't even there. I sighed then held his hands halting him from typing any further. He still refused to look at me, instead he clenched his fists and jaw. I traced his jaw line with my index finger till I got to his nose. "Are you mad at your Adila?" I murmured slowly into his ear. I could see how tense he was and my evil plan was working.

He tilted his head to face me, his eyes fixated on me. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, matter of fact you taught me how to be blunt." I pouted moving my head closer to his till we could feel each other's breath. My lips were directly at his. I moved my lips closer till we were an inch from colliding when I opened my eyes to find him attempting to open his mouth then I burst out laughing.

"Do you crave for me that much? Damn!"

"I hate you right now, Adila. I really do!" He glowered at my figure next to him.

"Sorry but I just applied lipgloss. I don't want it getting smudged. Come on let's get going. We've got one more day to spend in this magical city!" I was about to walk away when he dragged me back, landing on his lap.

"You act as though you weren't screaming my name last night." He tightened the grip he had on my waist when I attempted to stand up. I glared at him. "Yeah so? You're mine and only mine!" I placed my hands on his shoulder, resting my head on his chest.

He placed a kiss on my forehead which sent shivers down my spine. "Your ring.." he started as he held my right wrist.

"My beautiful ring." I kissed it then he held the finger back down again.

"It's always on your finger, isn't it?" He analysed the ring like a spectator. I rolled my eyes the nodded in response. "I've never taken it off since the day—"

"—who gave it to you?" He snapped harshly. I scrunched my brows then rose up to my feet seeing his sudden change of mood. What has gotten into him?

"Someone very dear to my heart." I shot back. I can't believe him right now. How can't he recall the day he slipped this ring into my finger on my birthday himself. Back then, I hated him with my all but I still cherished the ring a lot but right now I love him and the gorgeous ring.

"Is this person perhaps related to you by blood?"

I shook my head, "Not one bit."

"Then take it off this instant!" The command left his mouth so aggressively.

"You must be out of your mind if you think you can tell me what to do!"

"Do it while I'm still being nice."

"Make me take it off. Take your foolishness elsewhere because I'm really not having any of it!" I shouted stepping back. He got ahold of my left hand and tried to forcefully take it off.

"Farooq, let go off me!" I tried pushing him away because he was hurting my left arm. Sometimes I wish the arm will just be amputated because I can't bear the pain any longer. "Take it off!" He thundered as he tightened the grip he had on it. "My arm, Farooq!"

That was when I couldn't take it anymore. So I acted, I acted too fast and dangerously.

I slapped him hard on the face.

He freed me and held his cheek staring at me in disbelief. I'm almost a hundred percent sure that nobody has ever raised their hand on him. I was breathing heavily so I took three puffs out of my inhaler.

I can't believe I slapped him.

I don't know if I should apologise because he's frozen at his spot at the moment. Or I should allow the shock to consume him. I regret slapping him but at the same time I don't. I regret slapping him because I don't know if I'll live to see another day because as far as I'm concerned, Farooq Khaleed doesn't forgive.

I don't regret it because he deserved it. I'm not in the right sense to narrate to him of my left arm problems. Only Baba Kaka, Coach and Kubra had knowledge of it. Besides, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. He should be glad that he received a slap from Thee SAK!

Letting out a hiss, I slid in my shoes then headed to the main entrance door. "When you're ready, come out. I'll be in the car." I slammed the door behind me.

*

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Paris oh Paris.

Everything about it exudes sex appeal, from the beautiful buildings to the smoking hot bars and cafes. The parks have chairs instead of benches, and people will use one chair to sit, and the other for their feet just to relax for hours. Parisians aren't actually rude; they are courteous and patient in the street. Paris is surrounded by romance. Happy couples can be found everywhere kissing, canoodling and muttering sweet nothings in each other's ears. You will be inspired by this lovely city. It is a writers dream to live or even just visit. Paris is huge, but definitely manageable to see all the wonders it possesses but be warned, the Taxi drivers may not always be super nice and have a good sense of navigational skill.

The people of Paris are extremely stylish. They possess a classic elegance that will make you feel like you're in a fashion show. Shopping for clothes in this city can be a very exciting adventure. There is a huge mix of different aged people all over the city. It's not just for the young crowd. This is definitely a city for night owls. The city changes as the sun sets and the Eiffel Tower lights up and puts on a twinkling display. You will notice more beauty than you ever could have imagined during the day.

All in one day, with the help of the tour guide, the couple explored the best tourist attraction in the city. Louvre Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, Arc de Triomphe, Latin Quarter, The Pantheon, Montmartre, Les Invalides. They toured all those places and ignored each other's presence for the whole day. They enjoyed theirselves no doubt but not a single word was exchanged between the two.

The battle of who had the largest ego was ongoing.

It was getting dark so the tour guide had to leave them both. The two walked down different streets, passing different beautiful buildings taking pictures to capture the fascinating sight.

Some artists were performing a particular show in the middle of the road, drawing the attention of tons of people which caused commotion and a huge crowd. Sabrina and Farooq almost lost each other but Sabrina managed to stretch her hand to him. He entwined his and hers together giving her a reassuring nod. It made her feel secured.

Just when she thought they would quickly leave the large crowd, her stupid shoe laces froze her from making any other movement. Farooq turned to look at her, he used his eyes to ask why she stopped walking. "My laces." She muttered then he gave her a short nod. She bent down on one knee and retied her laces back so that she wouldn't trip. Abruptly, she raised her head up as soon as she was through just to find a lady from afar staring at her.

No way!

No!

It's not possible!

She has to be hallucinating!

It can't be true! It just can't!

She blinked repeatedly so that she could have a clear view of the woman staring back at her. She knows that face even in the middle of thousands of people. But how? How is it possible? She's not seeing things and it was her. That she knew for sure.

Despite the large number of people in the area, she pushed pass them as she ran towards the lady. The second the lady realised she was coming after her, she began running. Sabrina wasn't one to give up that easily, her shoes were slowing her down so she discarded them and ran with her socks alone. Farooq yelled her name severally but she didn't for once look back.

Her mind was straight on the lady she was trying to get to. Sabrina fell flat on her face leading to an injury on her forehead but she didn't care. She almost lost track of the lady but thankfully she didn't. They reached an apartment in a street that seemed to be an abandoned one. The street was stunning but also appeared lone. The lady rushed up to her flat then locked the door behind her.

"Open the door! I know you're in there, open it!" Sabrina banged on the door repeatedly but didn't get a response. Luckily, it appeared to be that most of the people living there were absent. Else, she would've gotten a piece of the Parisians mind.

"Please open the door, please!" Sabrina's voice came low this time as though she was about to lose it.
Farooq appeared out of nowhere breathing heavily due to long distance he ran to find Sabrina.

"What in the hell are you doing here? You left your shoes and ran all the way here, what has gotten into you?" He thundered at her who was on her knees shouting her heart out to the owner of the apartment.

"I'm talking to you!" He shouted this time around when she refused to acknowledge him. All she did was to take several puffs out of her inhaler and continued hitting the door. He took a minute to analyse her state then forced himself to calm down, sheathing the anger he had in him from escaping.

"Please open the door. I know it's you. I'm on my knees! Please!" She pleaded with her voice breaking due to the amount of times she had strained her voice just in a day. Farooq sat next to her joint their knees together. "Adila, look at me, what's wrong? I don't like seeing you like this. Whose house is this and why are you begging the person?" He held her hands to capture her attention.

And it did.

It was their way of connecting. Holding hands with him was the only thing that was able to calm her down at different occasions. "Farooq I saw her." She burst out into fits of sniffing and coughing.

"You saw who, Adila? Who did you see?" He asked as gently as he could.

"I saw Aliza. I saw my Aliza. She's in there, I know she is." She shook her head and furthered her knocking.

He looked at his wife as though she had gone insane. At this point, he actually believes that she has gone wacko. No, she's definitely crazy. A dead person coming back to life? What? Is this some sort of Indian movie that nobody informed him of?

"What do you mean, Aliza? Aliza is dead. You yourself saw her body before she was buried." There's no way in hell that Aliza is alive. It's just too crazy to be real. They all saw her dead body then..huh? It's not adding up.

Sabrina nodded. "I know I saw it. But I'm telling you that the person inside this house is Aliza."

"Adila dead people don't come back to life. Maybe Aliya is playing a trick on you."

"I know it's not Ya Aliya. Yes, they might be identical twins but if you really know the two by heart then you'd know how to differentiate. The way she stared at me Farooq, I felt it. That's my sister. I don't know how but it's her."

Farooq was lost of words. At this moment, he had two options. First option was to stay here with Sabrina and wait until the person opens the door, or call the nearest psychiatric hospital because he's sure his wife has completely lost it.

Nevertheless, he stayed with her. He knows how stubborn she is and he's sure she wasn't leaving the place until the door is unlocked.

They spent five long hours outside the apartment waiting for the owner to unlock the door but it was pointless. Sabrina however didn't give up. She put her hands into fists and began to bang on the door. Just like how Maddy from Euphoria did when Nate was in the bathroom with Cassie.

Farooq was tired of asking her to stop so he sat there and let her do what she wants to. His only concern was her safety and nothing more.

It got to a point where her fists started bleeding because of the force she used to bang on the door. "Stop it, your fists are bleeding. You're hurting yourself!" Farooq dragged her but she pushed him away.

"Tell her to open the door or else I'll kill my self!" She screamed out loud. He looked at her like she had grown two heads. He was about to speak when she winked at him. He wasn't on board with what she was trying to do but he let her be anyways. Not like she'd listen to him.

"Go ahead then, kill yourself! I'm leaving!" He shouted back at her. If acting will make the person open the door then why not? It was already dark and it's not too safe here.

"Ya Aliza, If you don't open the door after the count of five. I promise you I'll jump over this building and you know I don't break my promises!" This time around, she was lying. It was her only way of seeing who the hell is inside the darn apartment.

Farooq crossed his leg as he adjusted his position on the staircase. Sabrina's drama was sometimes really entertaining. Why not just sit down and enjoy? If only he had popcorn with him.

"Five....four...three...two....o—"

"—are you out of your mind? Do you even know the implication of suicide?" The person inside the apartment unlocked the door before she could complete her countdown and pulled her towards her. Farooq almost fell down the stairs out of shock, his jaw dropping to the ground.

What the hell is happening?

"Aliza!" Sabrina shouted hugging her sister so tight as though afraid of losing her again. Her sister is alive. She perceived her scent, the heart to heart connection she felt after hugging her convinced her even more.

"What the hell?" His eyes widened slightly, taking a step forward. She pulled both Sabrina and Farooq into the apartment then locked it behind her.

"Someone had better start explaining!" Farooq tossed his coat in the couch as he went back and forth trying to breath properly.

This really is an Indian movie.

"How are you alive? Why are you here? Why did you fake your death? You left us all alone! Your husband, your baby hiba! Sister, why did you this?" Sabrina shook her by the shoulder but she didn't say a word.

"How's my Baby Hiba? I'm sure my best friend is taking good care of her. I can't imagine how everyone felt after I left."

Sabrina stared at her in disbelief because she was talking off point. She wanted answers and she wasn't giving it to her. Before the two could continue bombarding her with endless questions she burst out into tears. Uncontrollable tears rolled down her cheeks as she fell on the floor. "I didn't do it on purpose. I promise I didn't. It was the only way everyone would be at peace. He did this to me! It was either I stayed and bloodshed will occur or I leave and peace would reign!" She sobbed holding onto her knees.

"Who is the person, Aliza? Talk to us!" Farooq went down to her level because he cherished the woman so very much.

"I found out all his secrets. I found out every single truth of the three families, I wanted to expose him to everyone but he caught me. He almost killed me! I was at gunpoint but he couldn't..."

She took a brief second to breathe properly. Sabrina helped her with a small bottle of water from her bag, as she gulped it down her parched throat. "He didn't have the courage to kill me so he formulated a plan. One of his partner in crime had cancer and she had only few days to live. Lucky for him, the lady and I had the same type of body structure and color. He had her undergo plastic surgery and facial feminisation surgery. I almost lost consciousness when I saw here face to face because she looked exactly like me. He had her get a star tattoo at the back of her neck so as to resemble me more.

In less than a week, she passed away a day before you came back to Nigeria with Jannah. They changed her clothes to the ones I wore that day. That conniving man put her dead body on the driver's seat then shot her on the stomach after parking it few kilometres from the airport. The body was found with my ID cards inside the car. That was how I was pronounced dead.

He bought an apartment for me here in Paris. He even forbade me from contacting anyone or else he'll kill all of you. He booked a ticket for me that same day to Paris. On my way to the airport, I saw this old woman. She was old but she had the face of an angel. She stopped my cab and said she wanted to speak to me."

Farooq and Sabrina looked at each other then moved their gaze back to Aliza. "By any chance, was the woman about 5'4, light skinned with a gap tooth?" Farooq questioned leaving the rest of the description to Sabrina.

"Did she have a black birth mark on her chin?" Sabrina asked holding her sister's hands.

Aliza stared at them in shock. "Yes yes. How did you guys know?"

Though the situation they were in was dangerous, the two chuckled lightly. "We'll talk about that later, just continue."

Aliza nodded then proceeded. "She was so peculiar but I had this gut feeling that I could trust her. She told me to be patient and that everything was going to be okay. She also said that I should do exactly as the man says and I should only return when Baba Kaka wakes up from coma. I almost fainted because for a second there I thought she was some ghost in my life, cause how the hell did she know that much about what was happening in my life?"

Sabrina chuckled giving Farooq a look then they both burst out laughing. "Been there." They both chorused.

"Are you guys crazy? We're currently in a life or death situation and you're laughing. Is all I'm saying all some sort of joke?" She raised an annoyed brow sending daggers their way.

"We're sorry. But why did she say that to you? What I want to understand is that what is actually happening in our lives? I knew I had a shitty life but I didn't know it was this shitty! Why can't you just tell us who he is and why can't you follow us back?" Sabrina broke down there again because she missed her sister so much. If she was to tell her about everything that had transpired in her life after her fake death scenario, she's sure she'll never be able to forgive herself.

Aliza stood up immediately, shaking her head negatively. "I can't, Sabrina. He'll kill us all if I do. I'm going to listen to what the strange woman said. The only time I'll return back is after Baba Kaka wakes up. And that's final!" She deadpanned.

Before Sabrina could speak, a call came in from Farooq's phone. It was Arif. "Assalamu Alaikum, are you with Sabrina?"

"Wa'alaikum Salam, yes I'm with her. What is it?" He didn't sound rude, just stern.

"Baba Kaka is out of coma. He demands to see everyone at The Mubaid's residence. Shit is really getting real."

He cut the call before Farooq could respond. The two sisters squealed then hugged one another. "I guess you'd be leaving Paris tomorrow morning then, Aliza."

__________________________________

END OF CHAPTER

YOO GUYS! I brought her back to life 😭🤣🤣 our Aliza is back oh! Please ignore my typos. I'm going to edit the book when I'm through with it.

Feed me in on your thoughts about the chapter🤲🏼🥹

Who is the HE?

Who is Aunt Emigen?

Why does Mrs Mahir hate Sabrina?

Why did Ashraf hate Sabrina?

What's the secret of the three families?

Love y'all 💕

Zira💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 487 24
"Life is a fight from the minute you take your first breath to the moment you exhale your last." Ronda Rousey, My Fight / Your Fight ****************...
683K 20K 56
"I always thought that the first time I'd be on my knees I'd be praying..." I held my breath lowering myself to my knees in front of him, "Then worsh...
786 181 32
Everyone has a different nature but mine is undoubtedly different. To say that I'm intriguing would be an understatement, I'm overconfident, smart, h...