Little Angel

By Little1Writer

Sam is an Autistic ten year old girl with a very high IQ and a fixed mindset of a thirty year old. She hates... More

A/N
Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
EXTENDED CHARACTERS
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60

27

6.5K 254 36
By Little1Writer

Sam

Lunch is very awkward right now for me and Charlie, we are just sat in the garden together on a swing just chilling on our own. It was kind of nice just us two being together again but we could see some of the others looking through the window at us, speaking as they did. This was a very large garden, will green hills and tons of trees everywhere. 

"So?", Charlie said quietly, munching on a sausage roll. Lunch turned out to be a buffet sort of thing with lots of plates laid out on a long table. The food was little sandwiches with a bunch of different fillings, mini sausage rolls, crisps, stuff like that. I grabbed a few things and decided I would rather sit outside, it was a nice day with the sun out and I kind of wanted some alone time.

That was until Charlie came out and sat next to me in a grump. 

"So?", I asked him back, eating a crisp. He sighed and looked at me with his eyebrows raised.

"What do you think of the place, of them?", He asked me waving his hands in the air. I just shrugged my shoulders at him in reply, unsure of what he wants me to say. He put his food down for a moment before fully turning to me, hands on his knees. 

"Come on, I know you have a lot of thoughts on it, I could see your mind racing for the past few day", He said quietly in between mouthfuls of his food as he picked his food right back up as soon as he started talking. I sighed deeply as I put my own food down.

"Well, don't you find it odd?", I asked him, raising my eyebrows at him. Did he know about everything they were doing? It was starting to make me question if he was truly telling me everything or if he is keeping secrets from me.

"What do you mean?", He asked me, though there was a certain tone in voice, it was more questioning me than them. Maybe I should ask him some questions, obviously I won't give everything away but at the same time, I needed some answers which even his reactions can give me.

"Well, they all carry guns for starters", I said quietly as I stared at him intently, looking for any sign of shock from his face. There was some shock but it was more aimed at me than them.

"How'd you know that?", He asked me quickly, suddenly chewing his food a lot more slowly as he listened to me, looking back at the house every now and again. It was all big open glass windows outside towards the garden . The rest of them were all sat chatting with each other at the table, I could see Max and Aiden messing around with three others boys as I could see Adam joking with Leo and grandfather. They looked at home.

Grandmother was talking with a few women as well, they were all tall and slim with pretty features, presumptuously my aunts in law. I could also see three of those mean girls stood at the table on their phones as Ebony sat alone in the opposite corner. 

"It really doesn't take a genius, and they make it super obvious", I said back slowly, chewing on a cocktail sausage as he stared at me for a moment as if figuring out the right thing to say to me, maybe the right excuse other than the fact that they are crooks or criminals. 

"It's for protection, the world is a dangerous place", He said to me with a smile, though I didn't smile back.

"Dangerous for who? The ones with the guns, or the ones without them?", I asked him, staring him directly into the eyes. He didn't blink for a moment as he thought about it.

"Well, if everyone has a gun, then everyone has the right to protect themselves", He said back quickly as I rolled my eyes.

"And what if no one had a gun? Everyone would be a lot safer", I said back quickly, my tone becoming annoyed at his idiocy. He sighed and turned from me.

"Like I said, there are plenty of cruel things in this world, everyone has a right to protect themselves, even if that's with a gun. It just levels the playing field", He said coldly, a tone I hadn't heard him use with me before unless he was mad or I had done something really wrong.

"Fine, fine, people can have guns if they want them, but why do our brothers have them? I mean, what really happened back at the house in England? I didn't just sleep at the right time either, you're lying about a lot of things and it's starting to annoy me Charlie, you never lied to me before", I said, my voice getting louder as I spoke though I was aware that there were others back at the house. 

"Calm down Sam, why are you so upset?", He asked me quickly, putting his plate on the ground and putting his hands up in the air dramatically.

"I thought it was just going to be use two, at least until a few years when you met someone for yourself and I go off to university", I said loudly, this time I wasn't bothered about others hearing me. Charlie put his hand to his head in annoyance at me. 

"Why is it such a big deal? We are with our brothers now, they can actually afford to live a good life and give both of us a good life as well! This is about both of us!", He said in a pissed off tone, punching the swing. I just glared back at him as he stared at me. He threw his hands up in the air again as he turned around. 

"What is the huge deal?!", He asked me again, his hands going for the swing as I took a step back. I didn't like this side of Charlie, I had never seen it before and I really didn't like it. I heard the windows slide open quickly as Charlie swung at the tree. 

I have never been afraid of Charlie but right now he was starting to freak me out. So I did what any normal human being would do, I ran. As quickly as I could away from him through the garden, the opposite direction of the house. I could hear people calling my name but I ignored it. 

I needed to get out of here and to somewhere safe. I didn't know where I was going nor did I care, I just needed to leave for a bit. I hopped the fence though there were a few people stood around, I managed to crawl under a car and cling onto the back. As they moved away for a moment, I hid myself in the back of the car, pulling a cover over myself as we set. 

I was gone, at least for a little while. 

Charlie

As Sam turned and ran, Adam ran up to me and grabbed my now red fists, covered in blood and cuts. He pulled me into his chest and into a tight hug as I heard people run past us, probably to follow Sam. 

"Hey, it's alright man, calm down.", He said, hugging me tightly as the others just stood staring at us. I was trying desperately not to cry but a few tears fell out. I was breathing heavily too which really didn't help. 

"What happened, why did you get so upset?", Raymond asked me, putting his hand on top of the back of my head and comforting me, like a dog. 

"She just kept asking questions, she got upset so I got upset, I hate seeing her upset and when I saw she was scared of me, it pissed me off more, not at her obviously, but at myself", I said quickly, rushing my words as I spoke. 

"Calm down, shh, why were you pisses at yourself?", I heard Leo ask me. I moved away from Adams chest slowly as he smiled at me, wiping the tears.

"I'm her brother, I'm not supposed to make her scared of me. Ever", I replied as they smiled at me, Raymond pulled me into a tight hug this time, patting my back. The others were no where to be seen, obviously allowing us this mini family drama. 

"You should of seen how quickly that girl can move, damn she can run fast", Aiden said jokingly as I laughed slightly back. It was true, she can run extremely fast for her age, she always won the races at school during PE or the house cup days. Sometimes it was a good thing, other times, it was not. 

"So where is she now", I asked them quickly, already wanting to apologise to her and sort things out so she knows I am there for whenever she needs me. They just pointed to the gardens.

"She ran that way, we sent a few people to go find out where she is so when they find her, they will call us and we can go pick her up, rather us than strangers", Adam quickly said back, seeing that I was worried about her. 

"It's fine, she can't leave anywhere and it would be good for her to explore the gardens, she'll be back before dinner, when I was a kid we spent hours playing in those woods", He said calmly, putting his arm around my neck and pulling me inside.

"She'll be fine", They all said, but I knew Sam way better than any of them, if she thought she was in danger, the first thing she would do is get as far away as she could from it.

It sucks that in this case, I was the danger. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

689K 13.8K 46
We have seen over protective brothers, there are maybe 6 , 7 or 8 brothers but what if a girl has 18 brothers, with her over protective parents and c...
475K 10.9K 51
Fifteen year old Isabella Delgado is living her best life (kinda) - until she's pulled into a police station shipped off to America to live with the...
1.5M 38.8K 42
Used to be 'never underestimate the broken' Isabella is a independent, intelligent, food loving fifteen year old with a rocky past. When she's finall...
7.6K 198 22
Since forever it's always just been 13 year old Amelie and her Mum. They may not have been rich in money but they were rich in happiness and they wer...