King of the hero's |My hero a...

By _kosu_

In this timeline, Izuku Midoriya was born with the Gum Gum quirk, which allows him to stretch and blow up his... More

My rubbery quirk
Training with All Might
The UA entrance exam
Class A's introduction
Gum Gum vs Santōryū
Class A's battles and leader
The USJ incident Part 1
The USJ incident Part 2
Sports festival preparations
A kids game????
A Perfect Duo
A burning family
Uraraka's Will
Gum Gum vs Diable Jambe
An Immovable Object vs An Unstoppable Force
The sports festival's winner
A King's Meal
A deal with the devil
Class A's interships
Kodomo Yūsutasu and The Old Man
Deku's Bizarre Adventure
Three Girls One Rabbit And Guardian Dog
A Burning Friend
The calm before the storm
The Hero Killer Stain
A New Dawn
Class A's Reunion
The Final Exam
Class A's Resolve
A Fateful Encounter
The Summer Camp
His Hero
A lost friend
Tomura's Master
All Might vs All For One
Gifted blades
Akuyaku Gakkō
The hero licensing exam
Closure
Izuku Midoriya Vs Katsuki Bakugo
The Big Three
David's Mistake
Chisaki's Deal
The Lagoon Squad
The Lagoon Squad vs The League of Villains
The Deku Agency's Will
Kai "Overhaul" Chisaki
Lemillion's Rage
Shigaraki's Message
Unexpected Reunions
Hidden Talent
A New Threat
A Gentle Man
A Bouncy Battle
The Number Two Hero: Endeavour
Tomura's Statement
Class 1-A's Tournament
Class A's Decisive battles
Class A's Decision
Distant Memories
Intermission Chapter [Explanation on all of my OC's]
Poking The Bear
Australia's Last Hope
The WhiteStache Agency
The Justice Association

The obstacle course

1.7K 38 32
By _kosu_

The day of the sports festival arrived and already things were heating up. In Class A's locker room, two ambitious boys stared at each other intently. "With all the eyes on you, I intend on beating you." Todoroki declared, glaring at Midoriya.

"It's gonna be hard, especially if you only intend on using half of your quirk." Izuku snapped back.

"Don't complain when you lose." Todoroki coldly responded, turning around to leave the room.

"HEY?!" Bakugo yelled, grabbing Todoroki's shoulder, slightly burning it. "You forget about someone dumbass?!" Todoroki looked back and then scoffed.

"Without your swords, it wouldn't be fun." Bakugo's eyes twitched at this comment.

"Don't worry about that half and half, I'll have them when we get to the third round." Bakugo grinned,

"Well then, I'll beat you to spiky hair." Without another word, Todoroki left the locker room, wanting to separate himself from his classmates.

"What's his deal?" Kirishima questioned, grabbing both Midoriya and Bakugo's shoulders.

"He wants to be the best, that's his deal." Bakugo coldly answered. "You should aim for the top too." He suggested, looking into Kirishima's eyes.

"Of course I will, I may not be vocal about it, but I can assure you, I intend on winning." Kirishima bashfully replied, pointing toward his chest.

"Good, I love the competitive spirit!" Midoriya laughed, wrapping his hands around Bakugo and Kirishima, and dragging them out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsewhere, All Might was wandering around the outside of the stadium, looking for any suspicious activity until he saw Mt Lady and Kamui woods. "AH, YOU GUYS ARE FINALLY HERE." He called out, signalling them to come over.

"Sorry for the wait All Might, a certain someone couldn't get enough of the media." Kamui woods sighed, side-eyeing Mt lady.

"My bad sorry." Mt Lady apologised, bowing in front of the burly man.

"IT'S FINE, IT HAPPENS TO US ALL." All Might reassured her. He looked around once again and then cleared his throat. "WELL THEN, I'LL BE LEAVING NOW, MAKE SURE TO HAVE YOUR EYES PEELED!" All Might yelled while sprinting away. Once he was a safe distance away, All Might reverted to his base state. "I should meet young Midoriya before the matches start." The blonde man told himself before looking in the mirror. "I've put on some size, even my hair is starting to stand up again. Maybe I can continue hero work after one for all disappears." Toshinori noted, inspecting himself in the mirror.

When he exited the bathroom, he was met with a familiar, but unexpected face. "All Might." A red-haired man coldly called out.

'Shit, it's Endeavour, he can't see me like this.' Toshinori thought to himself as a drop of sweat dripped down his face.

"Ah yes, Endeavour." Toshinori awkwardly answered.

"What's up with your hair? Did you not apply enough jell to it?" Endeavour pointed out, making Toshinori cover his dropping bang.

"Ah yes. Let me fix it quickly." Without wasting a moment, Toshinori ran back into the bathroom and then came back out as All Might. "THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT, I WOULD'VE LOOKED SILLY IN FRONT OF THE MEDIA." Endeavour looked at All Might with a questionable look, but shrugged off All Might's odd behaviour.

"Whatever." He grunted, pushing past All Might. Once the flame hero had left his vicinity, he turned off his quirk and then continued to make his way to Midoriya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright Toshi, I'll make you proud," Midoriya promised, gaining a smile from his mentor.

"I know you will kid. Now get out there, it's about to start." All Might waved at the boy.

"See ya!" Izuku shouted as he ran down the corridor.

A minute or so later, Midoriya caught up with his class. "Where were you? I thought you got lost." Yaoyozoru questioned the broccoli-haired boy.

"A bathroom break." Midoriya smiled.

"Oh well, we're about to be called out so get prepared." She informed him.

"Oh okay, that's Yaoyozoru." He smiled at her once again.

"No problem." She smiled back. Their duo was an odd one, but one that worked. Midoriya was an extroverted leader, who was all about the place, while Yaoyozoru was, an introverted support, who always knew what was going on. Two complete opposites, which fill in for each other's weaknesses.

"Can all first-year classes make their way to the arena!" Present Mic announced over the intercom. Immediately, the whole class left what they were doing and made their way down the corridor.

As they drew closer to the arena, Midoriya stopped them to give them a prep talk. "Before we go out there, I want everyone here to know that from this point onwards we're rivals, so strive to do your best and win!" He smiled, gaining many smiles from his classmates. "Now, let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 minutes had passed and Midnight was finally over with her explanation of the sports festival and all of its traditions. "Now that all of the boring stuff is out of the way, TIME TO OFFICIALLY BEGIN THE SPORTS FESTIVAL. MAY THE FIRST-YEAR REPRESENTATIVE PLEASE COME TO THE STAGE!" Midnight announced. A minute went by and no one had stepped up, leaving everyone dumbfounded. "Erm, Izuku Midoriya? Where are you?" The 18+ hero asked, waiting for Midoriya to show his face.

"Oh, I'm here!" He yelled, using his quirk to grab onto the stage and then pull himself up. Once on stage, he smiled at Midnight, which made the older woman blush and wave back.

"He's a cute one isn't he." She muttered to herself. Midoriya was clueless as to what she was rambling about so he continued to make his way over to the mic, picking it up and then testing to see if it was working.

"Does this work?" Izuku wondered, getting his answer as the mic turned on halfway through his sentence.

"Yes it is, now do you have any encouraging words for your fellow classmates or even the crowd?" Midnight asked him. Midoriya stood still for a second, thinking of what he could say.

"Ah, I know what I want to say." He thought out loud. "Have fun fighting for second place." Before he could drop the mic, everyone erupted, shouting at the green-haired boy.

"Oh no, Midoriya's set everyone off." Yaoyozoru shook her head.

"It's in his nature, he's a conqueror after all," Bakugo commented.

"I would've done the same thing," Todoroki added.

"That's a way to get everyone's blood pumping, well done Midoriya!" Midnight applauded. "Since everyone is so fired up, why don't we SPIN THE WHEEL!" Midnight yelled, spinning the wheel. When the wheel stopped, it landed on. "The obstacle race!"

"Oh, I've seen this before," Midoriya said, stretching.

"The obstacle race is simple, it's a four-kilometre race that allows practically anything, just don't go off course children!" Midnight explained as the students got into position. "Alright, I see that everyone seems to be prepared already." Midnight observed. Before she could do her countdown, she was interrupted.

"Errr, one two one two. Is it working?" Present Mic questioned, tapping the mic.

"Yes mic, it's working," Erasurehead confirmed.

"Sorry for the interruption guys, our mics cut off. Anyway, let's get into this race!"

"Alright students, on your mark, get set, GO!" Without wasting a second, every single student rushed toward the tunnel, using their quirks to gain an advantage. Our protagonist was no different, as soon as the race started, he stretched his arms out, grabbing the top of the tunnel, which allowed him to fly above everyone else as he retracted his body.

"Gum Gum." He muttered under his breath, stretching his arms out once again to grab the other side of the tunnel. "SLINGSHOT!" Midoriya screamed as his body flew over everyone's head and reached the end of the tunnel before anyone else could reach halfway through it. "That was easy, now I wonder what's waiting for me," Midoriya asked, running toward the first obstacle.

"Wow! Isn't that impressive, the Year Representative Izuku Midoriya has pulled ahead!" Present Mic commentated.

"He's very impressive, I expect great things from him," Aizawa added. As Midoriya encountered his first robot at the first obstacle.

"Whoa, they brought those robots back." He noted, stretching his arm back before announcing. "GUM GUM: PISTOL!" Midoriya's hand went straight through the robot, which short-circuited it and then made it explode, clearing his path.

"Just as Midoriya has taken down his first robot, his classmates have left the tunnel, I wonder if they can catch up with Midoriya." Present Mic commentated.

"Beeep booooop." At the sound of the all too familiar noise, Midoriya looked up and saw the infamous 0-point robot.

"Normally, I would fight you, but today I can't." The boy said as he dodged one of the robot's swings. "Alright, this should work." The boy added, grabbing onto the robot's head and then propelling himself into the sky.

"Did you see that ladies and gentlemen?! Midoriya from Class 1A seems to be flying!" Present Mic announced shocked.

"Midoriya is a very creative student of mine, his quirk may be wacky, but he does do the very best with what he's got. That is why I expect him to be one of the greatest heroes of the upcoming generation and possibly ever." Aizawa commented, proud of his student.

"But how is he gonna get down?" Present Mic asked his co-host.

"Just wait and see." Aizawa smiled as Midoriya began to lose altitude.

"Alright, GUM GUM: BALLOON!" Sucking up as much air as possible, Midoriya made his stomach super large to lessen the impact of his fall. Although this would slow him down, he could assure that he wouldn't take massive amounts of damage from it.

Just as Izuku passed the first obstacle, two of his classmates arrived at the first obstacle. "DAMMIT IZUKU!" Bakugo yelled as he blew up two robots.

"Where does he think he's going?" Todoroki angrily questioned, freezing two robots in his path.

"Do you see that folks?! Two students from Class A have arrived at the first obstacle, will they catch up to the inflated Midoriya?!" Present Mic added, building suspense for the audience.

"Ah, Bakugo and Todoroki, they're very promising students. Expect great things out of those two as well." Aizawa explained, giving the audience minor exposition on his students.

"Okay, it's time now." Right before Midoriya was about to touch the ground, he released all the trapped air out of him slowly, until it was all gone and he was on the ground safely. "Okay, what's next?" He asked, running to the next obstacle.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it seems as if Izuku Midoriya has reached the second obstacle, I wonder how he will use his strange ability to get over this one?!" After reaching the obstacle, Midoriya pondered on the quickest way to get over it.

"Mhm, the ending had bars I could grab, but there are pillars blocking me... I know what to do." As soon as the thought entered his mind, Midoriya began to hop from each pillar, using his stretchy body to help him. Once he was on the biggest pillar, he grabbed onto the bars on each end and then shot himself forward. "That was easy." He chuckled, running to the final obstacle.

"And as soon as he arrived at the second obstacle, he cleared it, Izuku Midoriya might be on his way to beating All Might's famous record of 1 minute and 47 seconds, the time is ticking and he only has 25 seconds left!" Hearing this announcement, Midoriya got fired up and sped up, reaching the final obstacle.

"I WON'T LET HIM BEAT ME!" Bakugo shouted as he rocketed himself toward the second obstacle.

"I won't accept second place." Todoroki thought out loud, using his ice in a unique way to fasten his pace.

"But don't just focus on Midoriya everyone, look at his two classmates behind him, who are about to reach the second stage!" Present mic stated.

"I have to catch up, I can't let those two idiots get all the attention!" Kirishima yelled, bursting out of a robot.

"I agree!" Ashido added, kicking a robot to melt it.

Many more students began to feel invigorated as they destroyed their respective robots to make their way to the next obstacle.

Shifting our focus back to Midoriya, we see him running through the minefield, blowing up a mine or two as he was running. "Is there a way to make it there faster?!" He asked himself thinking. "Wait, I know." Immediately, he stopped in his tracks, sucking in as much air as possible. "Ohay (Okay), lesh (let's) go. GUM GUM: BELLY FLOP!" He yelled out, landing on a bed of mines which propelled him toward the end. "Okay, last move." He noted to himself, turning around mid-air. "GUM GUM: EXHALE!" Releasing all of the trapped air in his system, he propelled himself even further, flying past the end of the last obstacle and crashing into the ground. "Get up let's go!" He told himself, jumping back to his feet as he ran to the exit.

"He does not disappoint, Izuku Midoriya has finished the final obstacle and is now on his way to crossing the finish line!" Present mic announced.

"I'm almost there," Midoriya muttered to himself as he entered the tunnel. After running for a few seconds, he started to see the light and in no time.

"IZUKU MIDORIYA HAS CROSSED THE FINISHING LINE WITH AN ASTONISHING 2 MINUTES AND 3 SECONDS TIME!"

(And there we go, hopefully, the next chapter shouldn't take as long.

03/03/2023)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 4K 25
In a world where abilities such as "quirks" existed in 80% of the population. Lived a boy named Izuku Midoriya who was not very lucky. He was rendere...
91.1K 4.2K 65
SECOND BOOK OF THE SINS OF THE FATHER. - Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his...
374K 8.4K 132
Monkey D. Luffy finally achieved his dream of becoming the King of the Pirates. After the adventures on the Grand Line in the world with pirates and...
2.9K 72 9
In a world full of quirks Izuku Midoriya is part of the 2 percent that don't have quirks, after being constantly bullied by his childhood " friend" M...