DESTINY'S FAVOURITE CHILDREN

By DilSeRe_

MS and Virat were happy in their lives, what happens when they get to know that they have another brother? Ho... More

Character Introduction
Prologue
1. Home? Is it?
2. Moments with Family
3. The New Beginnings
4. Truth or Dare
5. Cricket and Deshmukh family
6. Coaching under MSD
7. Virat's Day Out in the Academy
8. Rishabh and gang bunks school
9. Inside the Lion's Den
10. Rishabh's birthday
11. Homecoming
13. Family time
13. Virat Deshmukh
14. My Academy, My Rules
15. Girlfriend?
16. Gully Cricket
17. The Fanboy
18. A Deadly Beamer
19. The Audacious Virat Deshmukh
20. The Transformation of a reckless teenager into a responsible parent
21. Cool Guardian?
22. The Troublemaker
23. The Four shenanigans and the Bike
24. To a Lion's Feast
25. Album of Memories
26. Mother
27. Mahi's childhood
28. The blossoming of a Relationship and the Teasing joys
29. Trip Gone Wrong
30. Mahi Bhai's kids
31. What googling your symptoms leads to!
32. When Side-Effects Show Up!
34. The Grumpy Virat
35. Suspension!
36. Ambiguities
37. The Sequelae of Jealousy
38. Teacher's Day!
40. MSD and the Indian Cricket Team
41. Let the Wounds Heal
42. Virushka?
43. Rab ne Bana di Jodi
44. Parents to be
45. Missed you!
46. Virat, Rishabh and Exams
47. Rishabh's cricketing journey's first chapter
48. The Infamous England Tour
49. Virat and his rock- Mahi bhai

12. Party!

1.3K 104 94
By DilSeRe_

Please make in-line comments if you are liking the story. They are my favourite thing in the world, they add a lot of value to the story. Thank you.

As the guests arrived, the party started in full bloom, with music and pomp. All their friends were invited, Rishabh's friends, Virat's friends and a couple of Mahi's friends too. "Uhumm, uhumm" Virat cleared this throat on the mic, "Can I have your attention please? "

"Girls ki attention toh already hai" Shikhar, one of Virat's friends, shouted from behind making Virat blush.

"Too cringe shikhi" Virat uttered, " Anyways, so I know you guys were surprised to know that I have a younger brother, but believe me guys, even I was surprised to see this monkey" Virat said looking at Rishabh.

"I am not a monkey" Rishabh scowled. Rohit, who was standing besides him pulled his cheeks, "A monkey's younger brother is always a monkey chhote"
Rishabh crossed his arms on his chest, scowling even more. He didn't like this friend of Virat even one bit, all he was doing since he came was teasing him, to no ends.

"Some of you guys have met him already and those who haven't, look at this little bean looking absolutely adorable in suit, tie and a scowl"

Rishabh's scowl grew deeper. "You look good in this scowl rishu, points for that" Virat added. Rishabh walked from there and besides his mom on the couch. The people there were living no chance to tease him or pull his cheeks.

"Guys, he is turning 16, can you guys believe?" Virat asked. The crowd collectively shouted in "NO"

Rishabh leaned a little on Meera's shoulder, "dekho mumma inko" . Meera just laughed and carassed his hair.

"Jokes apart, I'm really really happy and grateful to God to finally meet you, to have you and mom with us here. Tu 16 saal ka ho gya and I didn't even know I have a younger brother. There is nothing as great a regret as missing your childhood but now that we are together, I promise we are gonna make lots of memories " Virat said getting serious. Rishabh smiled at this. The scowl was slowly disappearing.

"On the other note, it's good to have someone you can boss around, I've been the youngest in the house for the longest of times, so time to change that" Virat said smirking. Rishabh smiled wholeheartedly, he didn't mind getting bossed around, what mattered was, he got his family back. The dream he had harboured since years had come true.

"Stay the same Rishu, I couldn't ask for a more adorable younger brother. Never changed, I love you" Virat spoke, "but yeah please start going for morning jogs", Virat added.

Rishabh got up and went to hug him, " Ek line mein tareef karne ke baad taunt marna jaruri hai? " Rishabh asked in his ear.

"You are spoiled enough, I don't want to add on to it" Virat said as he patted his back.

"Huh? Anyways, I love you, but you are annoying" Rishabh whispered.

"But you are stuck with me, so " Virat kissed his forehead, "just bear it"

"Let's cut the cake? " Virat asked.

The family had a blast. They had invited Rishabh's and some of Virat's friends and the kids were dancing like no tomorrow. Rishabh's friends, Shubman, Ishan and Rutu were elated to have Virat with them, their dream of meeting Virat had come true long back, but dancing with Virat like this was something no one had ever anticipated.

MS was having his own merry-time with Suresh. He had been doing concerts in North America and Europe since the past 2 months or so and now he had landed directly into the party. They both stood looking at the kids dancing and enjoying, Raina put an arm around Mahi's shoulder, "I am so happy for you Mahi". MS leaned onto him a little. Raina was the one who had been with him when he had nothing, he was with him now when he had everything. He had seen him broken, vulnerable and he had also seen him grow, upto heights that seemed unachievable.

"Bhaiya, come dance na" Rishabh came, trying to drag MS.

"I will bachcha, first meet him" MS said indicating towards Raina, "Suresh Raina, my friend I told you about"

Rishabh looked at Raina, of course he knew him, who didn't? He was the most famous singer of their times, he didn't need to be introduced, it was just that he didn't notice him in haste.

"I know you, I'm sorry I didn't see you. In fact I'm a big fan, like everyone else" Rishabh said excitedly.

"It's okay, Happy birthday Rishabh, god bless! " Raina said smiling at him.

"Thank you.. " Rishabh said, not knowing what to say further, how to address him.

"Bhai" MS said. Rishabh looked up, "Call him bhai"

"Er- yeah, yeah Thank you bhai" Rishabh said.

"Now will you dance? " Rishabh asked them.

"Sonu will sing" MS said, "free concert guys"

Suresh took the music, talked to the musicians and started singing,

Dekho, dekho, hai shaam badi deewani,
Dheere, dheere, ban jaaye na koi kahani,

Dekho, dekho, hai shaam badi deewani,
Dheere, dheere, ban jaaye na koi kahani,

The teenagers gang looked at the singer. Whoa, another surprise! They were not expecting Suresh Raina to be here, what more was the Deshmukh family upto?

"Dilbar hai, dilkash hai, dildaar nazare hain,
Aaj zameen par utre kitne sitaare hain"

"Atalo hosh-nami daanam, ham hain, dil hai aur jaanam
Bas deewanagi-deewanagi, deewanagi hai"

"Na koi rehsang, na rehbar, ye ilzaam lage kis par,
Bas deewanagi, deewanagi, deewanagi hai"

Virat walked and took Sakshi with him holding her hand, shaking legs with her as he lip-synced with Raina,

All hot girls come on put your hands up and say, OM SHANTI OM

Sakshi lip-sang the other part,

All cool boys come on make some noise and say, OM SHANTI OM

MS pulled Sakshi towards him as he sang the next part,

Kehne ko aise toh saara sukoon hai,
Fir bhi ye dil hai ki, isko junoon hai

Pal do pal ko, khwaab saja de,
Isko usko, sabko batade,

RAAZ JO SAARE HAIN

Atalo hosh-nami daanam, ham hai dil hai aur jaanam,
Bas deewanagi deewanagi deewanagi hai

All of them shook their legs, trying to sing in unison as Raina sang further,

All hot girls put your hands up and say, OM SHANTI OM
All cool boys, come on make some noise and say, OM SHANTI OM

Shaam gazab ki hungama khez hai
Iska nasha hai gehra hai, tez hai

Zulf khuli hai resham-resham
Shaam dhali dhali hai maddham maddham,

YE TOH ISHAARE HAIN

Atalo hosh-nami daanam
Ham hain dil hai aur jaanam,
Bas deewanagi deewanagi deewanagi hai

The boys hooted in unison as the song ended. Raina was an amazing singer, had incredible energy when he sang such songs, he just made the atmosphere so much more delightful.

As the party ended, Yuvi came to pick Shubman up, he too was invited to the party but he felt too awkward to go to Mahi's party after so many years. He was waiting for Shubman to arrive, standing outside.

"Yuvi pa? " Raina, who had just come out spoke seeing him.

Yuvi turned around to see him and he cursed his fate, why couldn't he just peacefully go?

"Oh hi sureshi! " Yuvi said plastering a fake smile over his face.

"Aap yahaan? " Suresh asked as he forwarded his hand for a handshake.

"Haan mai, shubi ko lene aaya tha, my younger brother.. he is Rishabh's friend" Yuvraj told him as they shook hands.

"Oh, matlab you were not in the party? " Raina asked.

"No" Yuvraj said, looking around for Shubman, where did the boy get lost?

"Yeah I'll just look for shubi" Yuvi uttered, moving away from there. He didn't want to answer any more questions on this.

Virat and Sakshi escorted Meera to her room. It was her old room that they had renovated recently, having the best of their hopes that she would wake up one day.

MS came in with a glass of milk and put it on the side-table.

"Mahi you know I don't drink milk" Meera said looking at the transparent glass.

"Doesn't matter. Ab toh peena padega" MS said sitting on the bed besides her.

"What do you mean peena padega? I won't" Meera snapped.

"Aap aaj hi uthi hain, then attended a party. Thaki nahi hain aap? " Mahi asked calmly.

"Nahi, abhi mujhe tumse boht saari baate karni hain, how have you been? Itne saalo baad mili hu bhyi main" Meera spoke.

"Mai yahi hu mumma, aur aap bhi yahi hain, I'll take a leave tomorrow, fir baat karte hain. Abhi aap ye piyo, aur so jao" Mahi said getting up and forwarding the glass of milk to her.

"Mahi nahi peena mujhe, zid mat kar, go and bring a cup of tea for me" Meera uttered.

"Mumma, maine itne pyaar se banaya hai aapke liye, itne saal baad, mujhe bura lagega aap aise bina ek sip liye chhod dengi toh" MS said acting emotional.

"Okay, par ek sip haan " Meera spoke.

MS rolled his eyes, it was like he was talking to an older version of Rishabh. "Thik hai, ek sip toh lo"

Meera took a sip "how is it? " MS asked raising his eyebrows.

"Not that bad" Meera muttered, "doesn't mean I'm going to finish it" Meera said putting the glass back on table. Apparently it was a question of ego if she drank the whole glass of milk when she clearly rejected it seconds ago.

"Mumma, sach mein achha nahi hai? It's okay, I just tried my best par.." MS asked giving his puppy eyes. He knew how to get things done with her, he had spent all his childhood with her, no one knew her better than him.

"Mahi, I didn't mean it like that. It is.. nice.. I mean tasty" Meera said as he picked the glass back up and drank it fully, "see"

"That's like my mumma" MS said as he went upto her and pinched her cheek, taking the glass from her.

"You just cheated, didn't you? " Meera said as she saw his winning smile.

"Doesn't matter mumma. Everything is fair in love and war? " MS said, placing a kiss on her forehead "Good night mumma"

Today's update guys. A light hearted chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 11K 72
Time doesn't heal everything, Acceptance does! Peep into know more!
116K 6.8K 41
Story of brothers ! How a person takes place in their heart which results into a never ending relationship! They become inseparable brothers for life...
13K 611 13
Hi there everyone there will be os,ts and short stories on out very fav players of ict our very own, ROHIRAT. I'll be posting these shots ocassional...
178K 11.1K 65
One day! One day is all it takes to separate these brothers. It's been 20 years since that day has occurred. Their kids take it into their hands to r...