Project: Bland King

By angle99999

(No longer in Hiatus but there will be periodic breaks in between batches of chapters I publish since I need... More

Prologue: A Chance
Chapter 1: Blue Lock
Chapter 2: Team Building
Chapter 3: The King
Chapter 4: The Enemy Hidden in the Shadows
Chapter 5: The Egoist Moves Forward
Chapter 6: Kuon The Leader
Chapter 7: I'm Sorry
Chapter 8: Awakening
Chapter 9: The Geniuses
Chapter 10: Turning the Tide
Chapter 11: The Lazy Genius
Chapter 12: Our True Selves
Chapter 13: The Second Selection
Chapter 15: Relaxation and Chaos
Chapter 16: The Overwhelming Might of Itoshi Rin
Chapter 17: The Masterpiece and His Beast
Chapter 18: On the Border of Flow
Chapter 19: The Moment My Ego Awakened
Chapter 20: Welcome To the Real World
Chapter 21: Stepping into the World Level
Chapter 22: The Excitement Soccer Brings
Chapter 23: The Greatest Show
Chapter 24: Well Deserved Relief
Chapter 25: The Third Selection
Chapter 26: Analytical Duo
Chapter 27: In Your Element
Chapter 28: One Man Army
Chapter 29: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better
Chapter 30: Impossible to Predict
Chapter 31: Taken
Chapter 32: Training Camp
Chapter 33: The Ultimate Stage
Chapter 34: Cops and Robbers
Chapter 35: Devouring the U-20 Team
Chapter 36: Headliner
Chapter 36.5: Halftime Mayhem
Chapter 37: Big Bang
Chapter 38: Utter Chaos
Chapter 39: Redemption
Chapter 40: A Masterpiece Reborn
Chapter 41: Clash of Prodigies
Chapter 42: The Last Strike
Chapter 42.5: The Future of Japanese Football
Chapter 42.6: Blissful Leasure
Chapter 43: New Environment
Chapter 44: Running for your Life
Chapter 45: Loki's Homework
Chapter 46: Golden Teeth
Chapter 47: Premier Manipulator
Chapter 48: Divine Messenger
Chapter 49: Anti-Chemical Reaction
Chapter 50: I AM HIM!
Chapter 51: Coinflip

Chapter 14: A Match Made in Hell

7.7K 374 124
By angle99999

Ayanokouji's super goal got them on the board with 1. 

Shido ran back to his side of the field along with Ayanokouji as Raichi and the others were still taken aback from the goal. 

Ayanokouji: Shido, you wanted something fun right? 

Shido: You don't need to say anything else, Kiyo. I'm almost about to burst in anticipation. 

Ayanokouji: Full court press. 

Raichi passed the ball right to Wanima. Using his insurmountable speed, Ayanokouji pressed onto his shoulder and pressured him greatly. 

Raichi: I'm over here. Pass the damn ball!

Wanima did what was asked and sent a pass, but Shido saw right through the play and snatched the short and weak pass. 

Shido smiled. 

Shido: You're in fucking trouble now! It's almost coming! 

Raichi: Get back on defense!

Shido, unexpectedly, sent a pass right to Ayanokouji. 

Gagamaru: The lunatic passed?

Raichi: Huh?!

Shido's eyes glowed a pink aura and looked almost possessed. He sprinted right through Wanima and Gagamaru with sheer ease, already penetrating the penalty box. 

Ayanokouji: Your off-ball movement... is perfect. 

Ayanokouji's golden aura erupted and he smashed the ball at full power, sending what seemed to be a shot rather than a pass into the penalty area. 

It swerved uncontrollably through the feet of Raichi and right to the air above Shido. 

Shido: Would you look at that?

In one motion,  he leapt off the ground in what looked to be slow motion, and contorted his body to hit a diving volley shot that soured into the right-most corner of the goal. 

Shido: It's fucking perfect!

***Team White [2] - Team Red [2]***

Igarashi: GOALLLL!!!! Let's go! We're tied! 

Shido stood in place and extended his hands. 

Shido: Ah... keep the dopamine rush coming. This goal felt really... special. 

Ayanokouji: What are you talking about? If you're going to get sentimental on a single goal, I'll stop passing so you'll relish in that one moment. We have 3 more goals to go. 

Shido: ...Just a second...

Ayanokouji sighed. 

Ayanokouji: Igarashi, keep doing what you're doing

Igarashi: Why isn't Shido moving?

Ayanokouji: It's because he's a pervert. Now just defend. If I pass him another perfect ball, it'll get him out of his little... trance. 

Igarashi: Huh?

Still startled from their perfect connection, Raichi checked the ball to Wanima who passed it forward to Gagamaru. Since Shido wasn't in the back, it was a 2v3. But since the other player was Igarashi, it might have been better to call it a 1v3 for perspective. 

Raichi: We're bringing up the pressure. You only have two guys back!

Wanima passed right by Igarashi and because of his ego, he shot the ball without taking into account his surroundings. 

Ayanokouji: Thank you. 

Wanima's shot was completely blocked. However, Ayanokouji instinctively utilized Nagi's trapping ability and perfectly controlled the ball.

Raichi: Are you a fucking idiot?! Gagamaru was wide open?!

Wanima: ...

Ayanokouji: Now...

Sending the ball up in a long pass, Raichi, Gagamaru, and Wanima were shocked to see it going nowhere. 

Raichi: Who are you passing to-

In a split second, Ayanokouji accelerated to his full speed and blitzed right through the three to retrieve his own long pass. 

Ayanokouji: It was just a simple pass to me. 

Raichi: Get back on defense! Cover Shido, damn it!

Gagamaru: I'll take him. 

Shido: Is that right? I'll crush that petty hope of yours right now. I need another rush of dopamine after the first one ran out. 

Gagamaru closely covered Shido and he had his back to the goal. 

Ayanokouji: You can see the goal perfectly even with your back to it, right Shido? 

A droplet of blood dripped down his right eye. 

Ayanokouji: Show me your power, pervert. 

Smashing the ball dead in the center, it flew like a rocket towards the penalty box.

Gagamaru: I have it!

Shido smiled. 

Shido: No you don't, bastard. You're not worthy of the fucking pass, hahaha!!!

He dashed forward to the right, confusing Gagamaru. Then, he stopped completely and spun around his body, sending him crashing to the ground. 

Gagamaru: Wha-

Shido: COME TO ME, MY PLEASURE!

He jumped forward and used the back heel of his right foot to utilize... a scorpion kick. 

The ball swerved with extreme power and precision right past the hologram. It was his second goal.

***Team White [3] - Team Red [2]***

Shido screamed out and jumped in the air. 

Ayanokouji: (It's truly unfair how well he can finish from inside the penalty area. The entire time inside, he knew the location of the ball, how much space the goal occupied, and his perfect position to score his goal. The only way he could know exactly where the ball would drop, is if he shared the same spatial awareness as Isagi. And even then, it's multiple tiers higher in quality. This might be the best tool... I could have asked for.)

Shido calmed down and looked over to Ayanokouji with a wide smile. 

Shido: I might get addicted to this. 

...

... 

...

Raichi: Next time you pull off a stunt like that, I'll kill you.   

Wanima: ...

Igarashi: (What's going on? Those two are just monsters. It's like they've been playing for years together.)

Shido kept his wide smile and put his shoulder over Ayanokouji. 

Shido: I don't know how ya keep predicting where I'm gonna go, but keep doing that. I wanna stay on cloud nine!

Ayanokouji: Then get back on defense. The faster you take the ball away from the other team, the faster I can send you a perfect pass to score. 

Shido: Oh, that's easy. 

Once again, Raichi checked the ball towards Gagamaru. 

Igarashi: I'm not staying in defense the whole game! 

The idiot, with his fiery spirit, charged forward only to get outmaneuvered by passes from Gagamaru and Raichi to go right by him. 

Igarashi: Crap!

Raichi was about to take his opportunity to shoot a long shot, but Shido pressed him heavily. 

Shido: What's the matter, shark-boy? Ya lost ya teeth after my super goals?

Raichi: You shut the fuck up! 

Angrily he passed right back to Gagamaru who passed once again to Wanima on the wing, where he smashed the ball with all his power towards the goal.

Shido: HAHAHAHAA!!!!! Fly my cells! 

Jumping from his position guarding Raichi, Shido headed the ball away. 

Wanima: ...

Igarashi: I got it-

Ayanokouji jumped up and controlled the loose ball with his chest. 

Ayanokouji: Get back on defense. Wasn't it clear that the only people attacking are me and Shido? 

Igarashi: But...

Ayanokouji ignored him and dashed forward. Raichi charged towards him. 

Raichi: I won't let you set Shido up again, Ayanokouji! If I snip your connection with him, you're team will lose!

Ayanokouji: Smart. But in order for that to work, you have to steal the ball away from me. 

Before Raichi's tackle kicked the ball away, Ayanokouji lobbed the ball up over Raichi's leg and jumped over, bypassing him. 

He then gave a small ground pass towards Shido and ran right past Wanima to snatch it and bring the ball up. 

Shido: Another nice pass! I can already feel it! 

Instead of letting Shido do his thing, Ayanokouji dashed forward as well. 

Raichi: (What's Ayanokouji thinking? This lunatic's not gonna pass to him.)

Wanima marked Ayanokouji as Gagamaru and Raichi threw themselves towards Shido. 

Shido: (Damn, these annoying bastards. I can't get my shot. Oh well, I guess I can give it a try.)

Eyeing Ayanokouji using his offball movement to skip past Wanima, Shido sent a through pass towards him. 

Raichi: Huh?!

Gagamaru: What?

Shido: Score the fucking goal! Let me see your explosion! 

Ayanokouji: (The pass is pretty pathetic but it's better than nothing. Thanks, pervert.)

Wanima grunted and swung his leg out to block the shot, but Ayanokouji stood in place and lobbed the ball above Wanima's sliding body to penetrate the penalty box. 

The hologram keeper ran towards him to cut him off and Ayanokouji scanned all possible openings and decided to use another one of Bachira's skills. 

And that skill, was his rabona. He chipped the hologram and the ball landed softly inside the goal. 

***Team White [4] - Team Red [2]***

...

...

...

Shido ran up to Ayanokouji. 

Shido: Not bad, Kiyo

Ayanokouji: I had to improvise because of your terrible pass. Next time, send a better one. 

Shido: Huh?! 

Ayanokouji: Oh, right. This must have been the first time you've thought of someone else rather than your own egoism. 

Shido roughly rested his head on Ayanokouji's shoulder. 

Shido: Your words are so harsh. I can't believe I took you for one of those typical annoying, nice bastards. 

Ayanokouji: Can you get your head off my shoulder? It's uncomfortable. 

Raichi: One more goal and we're done.

Gagamaru: Send another pass to me. I'll score. 

Raichi: No! It's time I pulled off my sexy shooting techniques!

Wanima: ...

Gagamaru checked the ball this time towards Wanima, who pushed it up the field. 

Shido: This time, it better be my goal! 

Ayanokouji: Relax. You'll get your 'ultimate release.' Be patient. If you're too anxious, my next pass could go right past your head. 

Shido: Hehehe, is that a bet? You're on! Winner get's all the goals in the next match! 

Ayanokouji: (I never agreed to it.)

Shido, in his normal frenzied state, rushed forward to defend against Gagamaru. 

Shido: Just send the damn ball here so I can snatch it up. 

Raichi charged forward and was marked by Ayanokouji. 

Raichi: Have a little taste of my sexy shooting, Ayanokouji. 

Before he kicked the ball, Igarashi came storming through and stole the ball away. Using Ayanokouji's shadow, he was able to take the ball cleanly away from Raichi. 

Raichi: Huh?!

Igarashi: Now's my time to shine! I'm a striker too. 

Shido: Seriously. Annoying fuck. 

With no one close to him, Igarashi charged forward. 

Igarashi: (This is it! This is my time for a winning goal! Then they'll have to respect me. That Ayanokouji. Just because Shido took a liking to him. I'm higher ranked for a reason. My spirit won't be broken by anyone-)

Wanima arrived and tackled Igarashi hard in the middle of the field. He was sent flying on the ground, completely immobilized. 

Igarashi: O-Ow....

Speaker: Wanima Junichi stopped a clear goal opportunity. RED CARD.

Gagamaru: Well, this isn't good. 

Raichi: Ah, you idiot! 

Wanima: ...

With that red card, Wanima was forced off the pitch and into the role of a spectator. 

Speaker: Free kick. Game resume. 

In the middle of the pitch, Ayanokouji's team was rewarded with a free kick. 

Ayanokouji: Igarashi. 

Igarashi: What?

Ayanokouji: Good job. 

Igarashi: (Eh? Did he just say I did a good job.)

Shido: All he did was get tackled and cry like a sissy. 

Ayanokouji: Can't you see the gift we've been given. 

His eyes scanned the entire layout of the field, predicting the multiple routes he could have Shido go through and score his favored goal. Blood dripped from his other eye. 

Ayanokouji: Shido...

Shido: Hm? Oh ya got some blood comin out of you-

Ayanokouji: Find the most effective goal. Go to where you think you can score the best goal possible. I'll send it your way. Let's end this. 

Shido: Hehehe, you know ya almost gave me goosebumps?

Ayanokouji: Stop joking. It's time for one, final chemical reaction. 

Shido: (I thought something happened to his eye or something but I don't think that's it, hehehe. He's feeling real good about himself. It's like getting a nosebleed in anime or something.)

Shido: Sure, I'll lead the way. I'm winning our little bet. 

Ayanokouji: I never agreed to your bet. 

Both Ayanokouji and Shido lined up to take the free kick. 

Igarashi: (What? Why are the both of them taking it? I guess it's just going to be a goal directly from the free kick.)

Raichi: (What are they playing at? I don't get it. I thought Shido was going to run inside.)

Gagamaru: (Who's going to take it?)

Wanima: (....)

Ayanokouji positioned himself right at the free kick and looked over at Shido. Their eyes stared at each other very intently. 

Shido: Hehehe, it's time for a big bang!

Shido ran up towards the ball to kick it inside the goal. 

Raichi: (So it's that bastard.)

However, before meeting contact, he stopped and smiled, dashing to the right and around the box. 

Raichi: Eh?!

Igarashi: What? What the hell is going on?!

Ayanokouji: (So you picked your spot. Ok, striker. Here you go.)

Ayanokouji ran up, and hit the ball with the outside of his foot, curving completely across the goal. His eyes, coated in a golden light, suddenly exploded like a bomb had gone off. 

Raichi: (Where is that ball going?)

Shido's purple aura soon grew chaotically unstable and exploded as well. 

Shido: BIG BANG DRIVE! 

Leaping like a predator pouncing on his prey, Shido spun his right leg around and scored a volley from the far side of the penalty box. It curved and hit the inner pole of the goal. The game of was over. 

***Team White [5] - Team Red [2]***

Igarashi: Yeah we won! 

Shido: Ah... that's the stuff.

...

Anri accidently dropped the papers she had in her hands in complete shock. 

Anri: This is their first game. How...

Ego smiled. 

Ego: It seems his one problem is sorting itself out. 

Anri: Hm? What do you mean, Ego-san?

Ego: Shido has awakened some passion for the game hidden in Ayanokouji. And Ayanokouji has forced Shido to reach the limits of his skills to score the chances he gives him. I couldn't have wrote it any better. If they continue evolving one another... they'll be a real problem for the world of soccer once I let those monsters out of their cage. 

Anri looked at the screen and at Ayanokouji's eyes. The blood on his face dried up.

Anri: Why does he keep bleeding from his eyes?

Ego: Oh, you don't know? I'm not sure he even knows. It's the first time he's experienced this medical phenomenon. Here, check his physical. 

Taking out a document, Ego threw it over to Anri who looked through it. 

Anri: This has to be some joke. 

Ego: No, it's completely correct. So stop your worrying and do your job, Anri-chan. From here on out, expect the unbelievable and incomprehensible.  

...

Raichi, Gagamaru, and Wanima were on the floor, defeated. 

Ayanokouji walked over to the trio along with Shido and Igarashi. 

Raichi: (Damn, this sucks.)

Igarashi: Oh, right. We gotta pick one of you guys. 

Shido: Let's just pick that tall guy. His header was pretty good. 

Igarashi: Gagamaru, that works!

Raichi: How fucking annoying. 

Ayanokouji: No. Scoring is not what we need on this team. We already have that. 

Igarashi: Eh?

Shido: So who do you think, Kiyo?

Ayanokouji pointed his finger to Raichi, who looked shocked. 

Ayanokouji: I saw first hand your job on Reo. You're tenacious and perfect for defense. You might not like it, but that's the kind of position I want you in. You'll be our anchor. Come, Raichi. Let's go. 

Raichi: Huh?

Ayanokouji walked towards the door, about to exit the field towards stage 4. 

Ayanokouji: What are you waiting for, Raichi? I chose you. Leave the other two. They'll have to duke it out in a lower stage. 

Igarashi: (He just completely ignored me. Is this really the Ayanokouji I know? What's going on with him?)

Shido: (Ah, I get his angle. We keep snatching defenders so all we need to do is attack. He's so selfish. I love it!)

Raichi: Guess I'm going with them then. Good luck, Gagamaru. 

Gagamaru: Likewise. I'll see you soon. 

Raichi joined Ayanokouji's group, their fourth member. 

...

...

...

Next Chapter: Chapter 15: Relaxation and Chaos

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 2.4K 24
(Y/n) lived a semi-normal life... for the most part of her early childhood. After the tragic passing of her parents and being adopted by a family des...
6.4K 259 22
[BlueLock x Male!OC] Ueyama Utsusu, 17 years old and is passionate when it comes to football. His school's team always could go to nationals but that...
13.5K 427 14
In the world of Advanced Nurturing High School, the hierarchy is everything. It's a place where status and power are determined not just by one's aca...
16.4K 688 13
The White Room has been revealed to the world. The facility is no more. Two years after graduating from ANHS, Ayanokoji turns to the one option of es...