The Monarch of Darkness ( OC...

By WritingLama

He had an evil grin on his face, "It's only just the beginning. We will meet again and this time you will be... More

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 - 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 - 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒-𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 - 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 - 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐨𝐛
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 - 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐞𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 - 𝐃𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐮𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 - 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑 - 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞?
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 - 𝐁𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓 - 𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔 - 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐩 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨𝐰
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 - 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐧?
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗 - 𝐌𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎 - 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏 - 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐 - 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 & 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑 - 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒 - 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓 - 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐦𝐩
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒 - 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓 - 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐬
CURRENT UPDATE ON PROGRESS

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 - 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄-𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤

592 22 0
By WritingLama

══════════════════════════════════════════

Lee Jiah

══════════════════════════════════════════

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

𝐊𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Sitting and waiting patiently for my name to be called.

I am a little excited because it is my 16th birthday and it is the age where I am legal to become a hunter and this will be my first evaluation.

I can see there are a lot of people here who are here for the same reason as me. There are some who are excited and some who are nervous about their first evaluation.

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

The next person was called.

Looking at the number on the paper, 40 was printed on it and the person that walked in is number 24.

"Sigh...still a long way to go..."

One after another, people walked in and out of the evaluation room. I can see there are some who are happy with the evaluation and a handful who are not.

How the rank system works depends on the amount of mana the body emits and absorbs.

Hunter's rank determines everything about them. Their income, guild, reputations, etc. There are disparities between ranks that are difficult to overcome even with years of physical training. There can be a wide gap in power between ranks, and each rank overpowers those at a lower rank. When it comes to classes, the level of proficiency depends on their abilities, or their ability in their own rank.

To everyone, E-ranks are disposable and receive low pay. C-rank to B-rank are considered valuable who earn a reasonable amount of income and A-ranks well they earn much more but when it comes to S-rank they typically roll in money when they join a guild or create a guild.

The chances of an E-rank getting into a high-level guild are very low. And joining the lower guilds can be a risk since they recruit just about anyone they can get their hands on. They tend to raid dungeons tougher than they can handle. As a result, the risk of death was significantly higher.

When it comes to ranks.

The most common ranks are E, D and C-rank, uncommon ones are B-rank, rare ones are A-rank and the rarest of all is S-rank. So far there are only eight S-rank hunters in Korea. The youngest being Cha Hae-in, the Hunter's Guild vice guildmaster. Compared to D-rank and above, the chances of an E-rank getting into a good guild is very low. 

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

Ring~

The ring sounds more like the ones you hear when you are playing those mmorpg games when you have a notification or a message.

A familiar hologram screen popped up in front of my face.

'What the actual fuck?'

Back then I thought I was hallucinating but clearly I was wrong.

Scanning my surroundings, no one is able to see the screen that is hovering in front of me.

'I guess I'm the only one that can see it.'

I had the urge to touch the screen but seeing how it might look weird to be moving my hands in the air in a room full of people.

"Open inbox..."

Ring ~

It seems that it recognizes verbal command.

"Open unread message...Hunter's Fate."

Ring ~

'I am guessing the question is related to my evaluation as a hunter.'

The first option is not something I am interested in. I prefer being left alone and out of the limelight.

"Option two..."

The screen disappears again.

"Let's see what happens next."

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

A woman came out holding a clipboard.

"Number 40, Miss Lee Jiah?"

Walking into the room with the woman.

There is a large ball in the middle of the room with other machinery. The ball itself can determine the mana in your body.

"Miss Lee, whenever you are ready please place your hand on the ball in front of you."

Placing my hand on the ball.

The machine buzzed to life.

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

It only took 15 minutes for the machine to fully analyze and give us the results of my evaluation.

The woman handed me a paper and smiled, "Miss Lee, congratulations, you are an E-rank hunter. Please proceed to get your license."

Unlike the other ranks, E-ranks have no fixed class. They did not have enough mana to be categorized under any class. Their mana is low compared to the other class that it takes time to for their own class ability to develop.

It did not bother me at all.

The only thing that is important is that I get my hunter license so that I can join others in raiding a dungeon.

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

The application process to get my hunter's license was faster than waiting to be evaluated.

I noticed the man at the counter giving me a judgy look since some high schoolers will purposely drop out just to become hunters to earn good money.

I know that it is rare for someone who is 16 years old to want to be a hunter instead of finishing school. Average age for a hunter ranges from 18 and above and only a handful who are around my age would want to become a hunter.

What does he expect?

It's not like I have the choice when it comes to spending that amount of money a month just to attend high school. The school that I attend is basically 1,729,455 ₩ and the cheapest would be 1,330,350₩ which is more than what I earn in mochi-mochi cafe and in the underground fight ring. 

—————————————————————————————————————

◾◾◾ Time-Skip ◾◾◾

Staring at my license.

It looks like a normal ID license except that I am now allowed to enter a dungeon.

Frowning at the sight of my photo on it.

"Fuck, I still look like a child."

Even though I am 16 years old, I have not grown or aged much. I am still considered very petite for someone of my age. I am around 144 cm tall which is the average height for a 11 years old child.

Ring ~

'More messages?'

The vibe I am getting feels like I am living a life as a character in a fantasy game with all these startup messages.

"Sigh...I'll just read it when I get back to the hotel room."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 1K 21
**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Hello˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚* °I decided to make one shots even tho I am not very good at making stories or one shots I will try my English sucks...
3.7K 124 19
"Cruel, and cold are the winds of time. Ishtar, will you ever return to me? Hear my voice sway with the breeze...my love will never die..." Desperati...
8.2K 317 16
Sung Jin-Woo, tired of watching all the people he cherished, decided to be reincarnated in a new world where he can start again. Reborn in a new w...
75.3K 3.2K 34
'ιт тσσк σиℓу α мσмєит σf мємσяу вєfσяє ѕнє ∂яσωиє∂ ιи тнє тι∂є σf вℓυє σи¢є мσяє.' She's over him. Right? ... Not everyone can be an S-rank. E-ranke...