If He Was Your Fan (A Henry C...

By TheRealChione

What would you do if Henry Cavill was a fan of your fiction? More

Chapter 1: The Panel
Chapter 2: Discussions, Dagwoods, Draenei
Chapter 3: Good Night, Good Day
Chapter 4: Black Stallions & Bikes
Chapter 5: Night Out
Chapter 6: The Set Up
Chapter 7: Working Things Out
Chapter 8: Working Things Out
Chapter 9: Lines in the Sand
Chapter 10: Wind & Thunder
Chapter 11: Lightning & Rain
Chapter 12: Storm Breaking
Chapter 13: Perfect Storm
Chapter 14: Day After
Chapter 15: Sunday, Sunday
Chapter 16: Monday
Chapter 17: TGIF
Chapter 18: Off & On & Into
Chapter 19: The Cavill Challenge
Chapter 20: Games Afoot
Chapter 21: Face Off
Chapter 22: Mmmonday
Chapter 23: Week of Wooing
Chapter 24: Night & Day
Chapter 25: Lesson One
Chapter 26: Come What May
Chapter 27: Hallow's Eve
Chapter 28: Good News, Bad News
Chapter 29: Why What Who When How
Chapter 30: Scent of Daddy
Chapter 31: "L" Words
Chapter 32: Afterglow
Chapter 33: Wrapped
Chapter 34: Moving On
Chapter 35: Old York, New Spot
Chapter 36: TLC
Chapter 37: Christmas
Chapter 38: Reservations for Two
Chapter 39: Happy New Year
Chapter 40: Click, Click Boom
Chapter 41: Fortnight Falling
Chapter 42: Coffee & Cavill
Chapter 43: Captured
Chapter 44: Briefing
Chapter 45: Simple and Clean
Chapter 46: New In Town
Chapter 47: Emeralds
Chapter 48: WTH, WTF
Chapter 49: Prey
Chapter 50: Working It Out
Chapter 51: Chances
Chapter 52: Fallout
Chapter 53: Three Words
Chapter 54: Moving Forward
Part 55: Another Wrap
Chapter 56: A Perfect Day (Henry POV)
Chapter 57: Perfect Night (Henry POV)
Chapter 58: Separate But United?
Chapter 59: Prerogatives
Chapter 60: Britainization, Part 1
Chapter 61: Britainization, Part 2
Chapter 62: Britainization, Mounting Up
Chapter 63: Britainization with a T
Part 64: A Fine Match
Chapter 65: Birthday in Bed
Chapter 66: Walk, Trot, Canter, Jump
Chapter 67: Straight to The Castle
Chapter 68: Weighed & Measured
Part 69: Family, Meet Boyfriend
Part 70: Thanksgiving
Part 71: At the Library
Part 73: Tarnish
Part 74: Lost and Found
Part 75: The Unwrapping
Part 76: American Lady
Part 77: Visitor & Suitor
Part 78: Blue to Green to Blue (Henry POV)
Part 79: Eventing (Henry POV)
Part 80: Tea Time (Henry POV)
Part 81: The Second Strike
Part 82: My Lost Lady (Henry POV)
Part 83: The Clearing
Part 84: Two Words
Part 85: Sail Away
Part 86: A KISA...Finally

Part 72: Found Wanting

492 15 11
By TheRealChione

You thought it wasn't so bad. Everyone complimented you on it, or looked at you smiling and complimenting you on your gloves. You even brushed up on your glove etiquette. You felt like you'd passed, until you read this:

HENRY'S OLD NEW LOVE

First, a quote from a previous interview:

While Cavill's tastes lean towards younger ladies now, he admits that he dated a 32-year-old woman when he was 19—and he still isn't quite sure what to do with his heart (or, uh, his bald eagle). He told Playboy, "It's tough for anyone to be in a relationship with someone like me. It's a tough lifestyle. If I want someone who's a professional, they've got their own s*** going on. So unless I meet someone who's very, very young who hasn't yet started trying a career like that, you can then go, 'Okay, I'm going to travel with you and do some stuff, maybe I'll write or whatever; I'll entertain myself or build my own kind of travelling career.' I'm looking for someone who's my own age and will have a career. If they haven't, then maybe I should be worried. It's easier said than done."

We hope he finally finds her.

Now, he is dating a slightly older American woman of color who writes. She is of middle middle class, living somewhere in Brixton (it's on the upswing these days, but Brixton?). And instead of checking what is fashionable, goes out on a limb with this attire. Some say it's old, some say it's classic, others say it's basic, but honestly, we simply are not sure.

He seems perfectly happy, but we've seen that before, too.

Thumbs up or Thumbs down?

Is this a case of potential hypergamy (marrying up) or hypogamy (marrying down)?

Love to hear your comments!

And did they comment.

You try to steer your eyes from the comments. Some described you as a witch who put a spell on him in a play for his money. Some said you were playing into his mama's boy complex, some said it's because he's been "going young so long he's going the other way now," and so on. Only a few said that you are both grown and it's no one's business. That was me years ago. As far as the dress goes, everything worn is from the past, they make a few changes-sometimes none-and it's new.

"Don't worry about it," Chiru says in video call with Sophie to you. "The press is trying to find a way to spin it and make it interesting, and God knows there are a lot of jealous female fans."

"Mmm-hmm," Sophie nods. "Bound to happen."

"I wanted to go shopping today," you confide. "Henry starts his press junket in a couple of days, but—"

"But, what?"

"He's not talking about it as much as he did before," you tell them. "He talked about how the experiences in a junket for single production could be a book in itself-it's something he didn't think he could describe...you know, the people, the places, the food?"

"He was either hyping it up for you to experience, or rubbing it in." Sophie says slowly.

"I'm going with option one, which has me wondering why the change?"

You can barely talk. "Yeah."

"Oh, sweetheart," Sophie's expression is one of sadness. "Girls day?"

"I don't know—"

"Ah, come on," Chiru encourages. "mani-pedis on me?"

"Tea on me?" Sophie adds.

"And how about a nice ride?" you add with a sigh, beginning to smile.

"Yes!" Chiru and Sophie grin back at you on the screen.

"Okay, I'm in," you shrug simply. What they describe doing is away from the public for the most part, and you'll be home before most get off work. You know at some point you will have to do whatever whenever despite whoever, but not right now. Besides, you had something to share with them...

You decide to meet at dawn at Trent Park around dawn, and you are ready to see Luc. It always seems too long since you've ridden, or maybe it is that when you see him, you feel free. He loves you, misses you, accepts you in a way that you wish others would. It's like he knows.

You are relieved that Finn opened the store early so you could pick up your brand new winter jacket. You did not want to ride with anything else. You shop early, thanks to him, and you get a discount because of your work with Luc, buy a few resale things. You set it aside and slip on the new jacket, sighing, and then make your way to Luc.

"Good morning, John," you say.

He turns and brightens when he sees it's you. "Hey! Long time no—"

"I know, it's been a couple of weeks," you say apologetically. "How is he—" You are interrupted by a very demanding whinney and snort. "Oh."

John nods and rolls his eyes. He hands you carrots. "There ya go."

"Thanks." You got to the stall and see him. He stamps his hoof, and you cringe. "Luc?"

He snorts and turns away slightly.

"Hey, baby," you coo to him, raising your hands in submission. "I just got back, honest. Family stuff. Been so busy. I'm sorry, okay?" You offer the carrot, and he takes it. You nuzzle him, and you feel tears come to your eyes. You have truly missed him, especially now. "You know, I think I might start coming up here and sit in the café more. It seems so quiet here—"

"Hey, girl!"

"Well, usually," I joke in a whisper. "Hey, Chiru. Where's—"

"Whoo! Got here." Sophie exhales, looking like she's been running.

"Yeah, I got here, early." You smile broadly.

"I could have picked you up, you know," Chiru frowns. "You're on the way. When are you going to get a car?"

You roll your eyes. "It's a big undertaking, Chiru. The note, the repairs, the insurance, the fuel...it's easier to..." You slip Luc his last carrot. "feed a horse."

"You might have a point," Sophie smiles and shrugs. "At least the horse loves you back. Hi, Luc."

"Don't interrupt the man," Chiru jokes. "he's eating."

Luc glances up and keeps chewing.

You look out over the fields, and breathe in fresh air.

You all saddle up and ride out in the crisp morning air. You're feeling free at the moment, not a care in the world. "Follow me!" You kick into a gallop. You hear Sophie squeal and Chiru laugh behind you, and you smile. You can trust them, you can.

You deviate from the path.

"Hey!" Chiru calls ahead.

"Oh, my God, we're going?" Sophie says excitedly. "I've always wanted to go!"

"Where?" Chiru's voice tinges with worry. "Where?!"

"Oh, my God," Sophie's eyes are wide with awe. "Camelot."

"Camelot?" Chiru repeats. "The Camelot?"

"According to maps and legend, yes," you nod. "Come on, we've got to clean up."

Sophie looks around. "Dear God, yes."

"Please, Chiru?" you beg, feeling tears come to your eyes.

She looks about. "I'm in, mera mitra."

"Tie the horses here," you tell them. You take a sack out and give them gloves and sticks. "Let's clean the castle!"

At first, you are all in awe. You swear you can hear voices and music, but your imagination always seems to run wild in this place. It is so quiet, and then you start to talk, and then laugh. You feel like you're being watched, but you feel like you're being watched over than anything. You pick up all the trash, but leave all tributes and trinkets behind. Then you do the island itself, the place where Camelot may have stood and you always get a little lightheaded when you cross. You'd never tell the others that; they'd think you're crazy.

"Thank you," you whisper and hug them when you're done. When you step back you see tears in their eyes.

"So, what, we're the new round table?" Chiru asks with a mischievous grin.

"More like a troublesome trio," Sophie says sarcastically, but giggles. "That would make you Arthur!"

"HA!" you laugh out loud. "As if!"

"Are we coming back?" Sophie asks.

"I don't see why not," you shrug. Chiru and Sophie cross the moat and you follow, looking back and around. You whisper, "Thanks for having us," and as you leave, you feel a breeze at your back and leaves rustling...leaves that are no longer on trees...

By the time you return, you have elevensies at the café, and decide to get swabbed for your DNA reading for the Christmas party and then go shopping together for your dresses, Christmas and New Year's.

You are trying to have fun, remain calm, but you're freaking out. Chiru and Sophia sense your tension and try to make it fun, but you just need...something...

You are at Harrod's shopping, and for some reason, Chiru and Sophia don't want to leave. It's so public, and some people have started to recognize you. You don't want to bow your head like you're ashamed; you've done nothing wrong. You tilt your chin up and try not to notice, and you hate that reaction because you might seem aloof or stuck up, when you're just treading the crowd and trying to keep focused on your tasks.

"Hey!"

You recognize the voice and see Stella. You run to her like one swims to a life jacket and hug her tightly. "Stella."

"Hey, I thought I'd join you guys for tea," Stella smiles.

"I thought you were too busy—"

"I thought I was, too, but—" She nods toward Chiru and Sophia. "They called and asked me to take an afternoon."

You turn to look at them thankfully. Ah, true friends. What a luxury! You smile with tears in your eyes. "I've a lot to do."

"We'll get it done, and we'll have tea," Stella nods with grin as she locks elbows with you. "It's time we all become friends."

You all group hug, and you shakily exhale.

"Don't worry, okay?" Chiru says softly.

"We've got you," Sophia smiles and gives a squeeze.

"The Formidable Four," Chiru raises her chin. "Femme Four Fatale?"

"What?" Stella quirks an eyebrow.

"We'll explain over tea," Sophia grins. "Oh, this is going to be a fun season!"

"Unforgettable, at least!" you laugh.

Shopping becomes a blur, now. Even though you are all shopping for dresses and such, your friends are giving you special attention. You know you didn't commit a fashion faux pas; you just did what you wanted and said to hell with the fads and did your own thing. There is no law against it, but your heart winced at some of the reactions. Henry is a millionaire actor, but he is also descendant of nobility, therefore is seen as needing to hold a standard. Between his looks and status that was tough. You knew that, but you didn't know that till now.

But you made it. And not a moment too soon. Sophia made arrangements for tea at Hyde Park's , her treat, which is nice.

You are all sitting and enjoying yourselves.

"Do you think I did okay on the dresses this time?" you ask.

"You did fine on the dress you picked for the premiere!" Stella said, and rolls her eyes. "Don't worry about the public. You'll never please them all, anyway."

"I know that's right," Chiru chimes in. "Fuck 'em, they just want to be in your place, anyway."

Suddenly, you hear a chuckle...a familiar one. You frown. That can't be...you turn around and rise from your seat to confirm your suspicions. You go into the bigger room and find Henry and some woman at a table for two talking. He does a double take and notices you.

"Henry!" you say brightly. You bend down to kiss him and laugh softly, "I didn't know you'd be here today!"

"Hello, darling," he says quickly. "I thought you were at Trent today."

I'll bet you did. "We started at Trent," you say sweetly. "but we decided to go shopping for that Christmas party we got invited to. Sophia surprised us with reservations here for tea." You look at the woman, who seems familiar and raise your eyebrows at him.

"Oh, this is Lara, Lara Winters—"

"Lara Winters?" you extend your hand, giving a slight frown. She looks familiar to you.

"Ah, yes," She smiles up at you as she takes your hand and shakes it. Your glance drops to her beautifully manicured hand and you also take in her extremely groomed appearance, her makeup and nails impeccable, her clothes giving her the impression of one who modeled. You were in a long sleeved tee and suede sports jacket with riding pants and boots from that morning.

"I knew I'd seen you before. You were at the London Grand Dame function not long ago."

"Yes, yes I was," she says slowly, and glances at Henry, then back at you.

"I remember you because you volunteer at the children's hospital and library in the city," you say with a smile. "I volunteer in Brixton."

"And you ride at Trent," she went on. "Oh, my, you're the one who rides Lucifer—"

"Luc," you correct. You look over your shoulder and see your friends looking at this situation. Stella looks upset, Chiru is giving a side eye and Sophie is trying to smile but her eyes look more anxious. "Well, I'd better get back. Nice meeting you, guess I'll see you at the Grand Dame Christmas party." You bend again and kiss Henry's forehead. "See you later."

"Cheers, darling."

You give him a quick smile and walk back to your table.

"Well, what a surprise," Sophie says with obviously feigned optimism. "Did you have a nice visit?"

"Sophie," Churi rolls her eyes.

"Ladies, I need to get through this tea," you tell them. "So if we can go on with the conversation we were having about our arrangements for the party?" They all look uncertain. They all don't like what happened any more than you do, but you are trying to keep your composure, and if the lump in your throat gets too big you won't be able to breathe and your eyes will water. "Please."

They all comply, but you don't like this, and inside you feel you are dying. First he doesn't seem excited about you accompanying him on the press junket, and now this. And the ways he broke it off with women in the past? Are you a flavor of the month-no, wait-year? 

As you continue the conversation with the others you Google Ms. Lara Winters. She is upper class like Henry, looks like his mother, is slender and taller than you...does volunteer work...has a cute dog named Buttons, and is marketing executive and project manager for a video game company?

Shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 1.5K 40
~COMPLETED~ Meet August Walker, the CEO of a renowned Security Firm located in the bustling streets of Washington DC. His life is a constant juggling...
258K 2.2K 125
[Tom Holland X Reader stories] [Peter Parker X Reader stories] Completed story this story includes mature content. the imagines get better 😭
217K 5.8K 21
Waking up next to Henry Cavill sounds like a dream come true. What if it's a little more complicated than that? 18+ NSFW
241K 3.6K 41
Β°Freaky Β°Romantic Β°Funny Β°Cute Β° **** THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED ‼️ SO I AM NO LONGER TAKING SUBMISSIONS***** Β° WARNING VERY EXPLICIT CONTENT. I USE...