Project: Bland King

By angle99999

(No longer in Hiatus but there will be periodic breaks in between batches of chapters I publish since I need... More

Prologue: A Chance
Chapter 1: Blue Lock
Chapter 2: Team Building
Chapter 3: The King
Chapter 4: The Enemy Hidden in the Shadows
Chapter 5: The Egoist Moves Forward
Chapter 6: Kuon The Leader
Chapter 8: Awakening
Chapter 9: The Geniuses
Chapter 10: Turning the Tide
Chapter 11: The Lazy Genius
Chapter 12: Our True Selves
Chapter 13: The Second Selection
Chapter 14: A Match Made in Hell
Chapter 15: Relaxation and Chaos
Chapter 16: The Overwhelming Might of Itoshi Rin
Chapter 17: The Masterpiece and His Beast
Chapter 18: On the Border of Flow
Chapter 19: The Moment My Ego Awakened
Chapter 20: Welcome To the Real World
Chapter 21: Stepping into the World Level
Chapter 22: The Excitement Soccer Brings
Chapter 23: The Greatest Show
Chapter 24: Well Deserved Relief
Chapter 25: The Third Selection
Chapter 26: Analytical Duo
Chapter 27: In Your Element
Chapter 28: One Man Army
Chapter 29: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better
Chapter 30: Impossible to Predict
Chapter 31: Taken
Chapter 32: Training Camp
Chapter 33: The Ultimate Stage
Chapter 34: Cops and Robbers
Chapter 35: Devouring the U-20 Team
Chapter 36: Headliner
Chapter 36.5: Halftime Mayhem
Chapter 37: Big Bang
Chapter 38: Utter Chaos
Chapter 39: Redemption
Chapter 40: A Masterpiece Reborn
Chapter 41: Clash of Prodigies
Chapter 42: The Last Strike
Chapter 42.5: The Future of Japanese Football
Chapter 42.6: Blissful Leasure
Chapter 43: New Environment
Chapter 44: Running for your Life
Chapter 45: Loki's Homework
Chapter 46: Golden Teeth
Chapter 47: Premier Manipulator
Chapter 48: Divine Messenger
Chapter 49: Anti-Chemical Reaction
Chapter 50: I AM HIM!
Chapter 51: Coinflip

Chapter 7: I'm Sorry

6.5K 333 82
By angle99999

It was now time for Team W vs. Team Z. The Wanima twins kicked off the game and immediately jogged towards the goal.

Keiseke Wanima: You ready, bro? When do you want the pass? What kind of pass do you want? Tell me?

His older brother didn't say a word. Instead, he showed a distinct face.

Keiseke Wanima: Hm? I see! Aye-aye sir! 'I want you to pass it to my feet at this particular moment.' That's what you're saying, right bro?

Sending a pass over, the older brother received it and continued their run down through the middle of the pitch.

Keiseke Wanima: 'And from there a one-two.' That's what my bro says.

Passing to one another, the brothers went through Igarashi and it now left Bachira, Gagamaru, Kunigamai Isagi and Chigiri the closest defenders.

As for the formation, Kuon, Ayanokouji and Igarashi were up front with Bachira, Kunigami, and Gagamaru in the middle, Raichi and Naruhaya in the left and right full back positions, and Isagi and Chigiri as the center backs.

In what appeared to be a daze, the duo went past everyone until they met face to face with Chigiri.

Isagi: (Huh?! We're not stopping them at all?! We watched the footage and made plans but...)

Keiseke Wanima: 'Our weapon is our eye contact. It's not something a makeshift defense can stop.' That's what my brother thinks deep down.

Isagi: Here they come, Chigiri! We'll stop them!

Keiseke Wanima: Chigiri? You mean, that Chigiri? The genius made of glass? Hey bro, can you believe he's still playing soccer? He must be clinging to past glories!

Chigiri's face said it all. He was the fragile genius, afraid to even run.

Keiseke Wanima: 'If I may say, as his former teammate...'

Passing the ball to his older brother, the twins breached the penalty box and past Chigiri.

Keiseke Wanima: ...Your time as a player is over.' That's what my bro says.

Chigiri attempted to run but was then mocked at by Keiseke once again.

Keiseke Wanima: Are you sure that's wise? If you run, that glass leg of yours will shatter again!

Before they could score, Isagi predicted the play and forcibly tackled the older brother and stole the ball. He fell face-first into the box.

Keiseke Wanima: 'Hey! That's a foul! VAR! VAR!' That's what my brother is yelling!

Isagi: Yeah, I know it was borderline, you crazy chattering twins! But they didn't call it, so it's not a foul!

With a pass forward, Isagi connected with... Ayanokouji who dropped back to help bolster the midfield.

Ayanokouji: Nice pass, Isagi. Good defending.

Running with the ball up the field, Ayanokouji was met with two defenders. The image of Bachira dribbling through two defenders in the previous game to set up the assist flashed in Ayanokouji's mind and his body began to replicate it.

He touched the ball and spun it to the right, getting past the second defender. Ayanokouji then used his strength to trap the ball and backheel it through the second player's legs and accelerated to leap forward.

Ayanokouji: (It wasn't the same as Bachira's but it was done in my way.)

Now in enemy territory, he saw Kuon running up the field and boxed in the penalty area with two centerbacks on him.

Ayanokouji: (Since he can jump, a cross should be enough.)

Finding the perfect point of contact, Ayanokouji hit the ball dead in the center, as it swerved around to Kuon who jumped up and scored a header.

Everyone: GOAAAALLLLL!!!!!!

Kuon jumped in the air in celebration.

Kuon: YEAH!!!

Ayanokouji: (That was a nice header.)

Isagi: Chigiri, who cares about your past? What I want to see is your present. We didn't come to Blue Lock to cry and give up, right?

***Team W [0] - Team Z [1]***

Keiseke Wanima: 'What the hell? Defenders, it's your job to stop them, idiots!' That's what my bro says.

???: Sorry.

???: Ok.

???: I'll do better.

With the brothers starting at kickoff once again, they were preparing to recreate their first attack.

Keiseke Wanima: You ready, bro? With the two of us combining, it's an easy win.

His older brother showed an irritated and annoyed face.

Keiseke Wanima: Wait, bro?! Stop that, your face is revealing too much. Hey, bro! They're coming for the ball!

Bachira: He's not concentrated at all.

Kunigami completed the sliding tackle and dislodged the ball right towards Bachira once again. He scanned the field and saw Ayanokouji in a better position.

Bachira: Here you go, Ayanokouji-kun.

Controlling the pass, Ayanokouji scanned the penalty box and outside box with his eyes and saw a pathway for Kuon to score.

Ayanokouji: It's time for goal number two, Kuon.

This time, Ayanokouji opted for power. He wanted to test his ability's limits. Uncorking the canon for a right leg he possessed, Ayanokouji smashed the ball which traveled at exhorbite speeds.

Kuon: Nice pa-

*SMASH*

The 'pass' or if you could even call it that, utterly caved in Kuon's face but it was enough to bounce the ball right into the bottom left corner of the goal.

***Team W [0] - Team Z [2]***

Everyone: Kuon!

Igarashi: Is he ok?

Raichi: Hehehe, I think your face should get the point.

Kuon: I'm.. fine don't worry. We scored again so we're in a good position.

His nose was bleeding and his face looked like he got jumped, but Kuon was fine. It was what happened afterward that completely took him by surprise.

Ayanokouji ran up towards him.

Ayanokouji: Oh, sorry Kuon. I couldn't control my pass' power.

Igarashi: You gotta be more careful next time. Getting hit in the face by a ball is no joke!

He extended his hand out to the fallen Kuon who took it.

Kuon: What for, Ayanokouji? You gave me a goal-

A cold stare, one of the coldest and most condescending stares imaginable fell upon Kuon.

Kuon: (W-What's going on? W-Why is he looking at me like that? It's like I'm some sort of bug...)

His eyes pierced right through his soul and seemed eternal. It was like a black void engulfed everything around them but his eyes, that glowed a golden ewe.

Ayanokouji: Next time, I'll make sure you get a better pass from me, striker.

Every cell in his body was telling him to get far away from Ayanokouji. But he fearfully handed over his hand and Ayanokouji raised him back to his feet.

Ayanokouji: Great goal. It looks like we're tied.

Kuon: Huh? Oh of course! But that won't matter when we win so try not to think about that.

Ayanokouji: Of course. Only naturally. Let's keep scoring.

Kuon: (Does he know? That's impossible. I was extremely cautious. No, he's just being an asshole because I equaled his goals in one game.) Don't worry Ayanokouji! I think I'm on fire!

The Older brother made a face of sheer disgust.

Keiseke Wanima: 'Don't get cocky cause of a fluky deflection from a terrible pass!' No, bro! Stay frosty.

With the second goal, 30 minutes of time had passed meaning the next trio of Naruhaya, Gagamaru, and Raichi became the forwards.

Raichi: Yeah! It's our chance!

Bachira pushed the ball up the field after having it intercepted. Using Naruhaya's ability, he was able to run past the older brother of the twins and receive a pass from Bachira. In sheer anger, the older brother tackled him harshly, resulting in a free kick 30 meters away from the goal.

Bachira: Ayanokouji, now is your time to shine.

Ayanokouji: I don't feel like taking the free kick today. You should throw a cross in towards Kuon. His jumping power is responsible for the first two goals after all.

Bachira: Yeah, but I think they were a bit too easy, don't you think?

Ayanokouji: Headers are tricky to defend. It's not like their defense is made by defenders. No, it's made by strikers so we're bound to score easy goals once in a while.

Bachira: If you say so. But your jumping power is better than his so I'll just cross it to you.

Ayanokouji: Suit yourself. We're getting a third goal from this.

Ayanokouji joined in the penalty area, to Kuon's shock.

Kuon: Aren't you going to take the free kick?

Ayanokouji: Why would I? If the opponent has seen my tape, they'll know my preferences for my shots and good places to put defenders. At least in this case, they won't know our tactics.

Kuon: (Tactics? What the fuck is he talking about? Has he figured it out already? No, that's impossible. But even if he did, so what? That sore loser won't score on this defense because they'll only allow my goals.)

Bachira: Here it comes.

A shadow held onto Bachira's shoulder. It was... his monster.

Monster: Pass to Ayanokouji.

Crossing the ball into the penalty box, Kuon observed where it was placed and it was intended for him.

Kuon: (Nice, another easy header. But wait... it's a little too high even for my jumping power. How am I-)

Another human being, with a vertical similar to top NBA dunkers, leapt right into the air and positioned their head at the perfect, pin-point spot. It was centered perfectly and it landed in the back of the net, despite the insistence of the goalkeeper.

Everyone: GOALLLLL!!!!!!

Kuon: (What? This wasn't part of the...)

Ayanokouji: Plan?

Kuon: Huh?

Ayanokouji: Of course it wasn't. That's why I stole your goal from you, traitor.

***Team W [0] - Team Z [3]***

...

...

...

On that fateful night, Ayanokouji said goodbye to Chigiri and Isagi rather quickly and attempted to find Kuon but he was already coming back to his room by the time he saw him leaving the room where Team W stayed.

There was no evidence to speak of on the surface. That was, until Ayanokouji noticed he didn't have his notebook anymore. It was a done deal. He left the room with it and he no longer had it. It contained their strategies and tactics as well as weapons and weaknesses. He wouldn't just lose it.

But enough about that, the game resumed.

...

Igarashi: Ayanokouji!

Raichi: You're on a role, bastard.

Naruhaya: Yeah, another goal!

Bachira: Nice header, Ayanokouji-kun.

Ayanokouji: It was all thanks to your pass. I thought I told you to pass to Kuon. You threaded the ball in a patch he couldn't reach.

Bachira: Don't thank me. The Monster told me too. He really likes you.

Isagi ran over and looked down at Kuon.

Isagi: Hey, Kuon. Are you ok? Get up already. There's still a couple more minutes in the game.

Kuon: FUC- Oh, thanks for the hand, Isagi-kun.

He helped Kuon back to his feet.

Ayanokouji approached him prior to everyone going back to the middle of the field.

Ayanokouji: I must say your idea was genius in theory. You become the top goal scorer because you feel like our team can't contend and win their last game. And if you want the team to lose, I don't mind you playing for the other team. But now, you're going to do it knowing you won't be the top goal scorer. You'll lose your dream, team leader.

He walked away from Kuon who was now approached by the opposing team's Wanima Twins who glared right at him.

Keiseke Wanima: (We gave you two goals fucking loser. Just because you couldn't reach the last one doesn't mean we're giving you another do-over. You're our slave to win this game now.)

Kuon: (Damn it, they won't let me score another goal! I know they won't! It'd be ludricous for them to be in a 4-0 hole. Do I just have to go back to my team and betray them? No! This team sucks. It has no potential. Even if we win here, we're still going to lose the next game. I need to be the top goal scorer and I will. I'll just have a talk with the next team. They'll get me two goals so I can pass that bastard. I just need to crush our team right now! Yes! That's what I need to do!)

The game stayed 3-0 until halftime where both teams returned to their locker rooms for their 15 minute breaks.

In the observatory room, Anri-chan and Ego looked on at the match.

Anri-chan: I didn't notice him until now, but number 2 already has two goals. He's pretty amazing huh?

Ego couldn't stop smiling.

Ego: hehehehehehehehe.... so that's how you're going to play it, Bland King. Eh, whatever, not like it matters to you now. You're already in the clear.

Anri-chan: What's so funny?

Ego: Wait until the second half. You'll see something amazing.

With the first half concluded, everyone went back inside the locker room with the momentum being extraordinarily high.

Igarashi: Sweet! We're 3-0 up at half-time! Kuon's weapon exploded! You're really standing out!

Kuon: Hehe, things are going too well for me today, it's scary.

He was simply masking his inner thoughts.

Kuon: (That Ayanokouji. He... he stole my goal. But who cares. Maybe if I help the twins fuck up the score a bit, they might let me get a cheap goal. Keep thinking you're safe, Ayanokouji. I'm coming for you and the rest of the team. I have nothing to lose! HAHAHAHA!!!)

Ayanokouji: (The way I see it, team V is incredibly powerful. There's no point to winning today if we lose the next game. Kunigami, Isagi, Bachira, Gagamaru, and myself. We have 4 A-ranked weapons, a B-rank, and F's for the rest. I looked over their tape and three of their players are S-rank in terms of weapons up to this point. We can't combat that without another A-rank weapon of our own. And that's Chigiri. It all hinges on the glass man. I win either way, but having our team pass though will gain me allies and more tools right off the bat. It's advantageous. Simple as that. So I'm going to play passive and see what happens.)

Raichi: I'll score a hattrick and make it 6-0!

Bachira: Coach Kuon's 'Operation: Southern Stars' is working well.

Naruhaya: The name kinda sounds cool now!

Gagamaru: I thought it sounded cool from the beginning.

Lemon: Let's stay focused and win this game!

Isagi: Thanks to Kuon's play and Ayanokouji's header, the team's attacking aggressively. We're getting stronger.

He looked over at Chigiri who had a towel cooling his neck and sat alone. After 15 minutes passed, the team ventured outside from the locker room and marched over to the pitch for the second half.

Kuon: Let's go, guys!

Everyone: Yeah!

Isagi walked close with Chigiri and continued to speak to him.

Isagi: When you're in a place as intense as this, can you still say you're planning to give up soccer, Chigiri?

Chigiri: ...

Everyone returned to the pitch and the second half begun.

Raichi received the ball first from Naruhaya.

Raichi: Alright! Now it's Raichi time!

As he was going up with the ball, Kuon called after him.

Kuon: Hey! We need to take our time and build up the attack!

Raichi: What are you fucking talking about?! Fine.

He passed the ball right back to Kuon.

Raichi: Give me a through ball so I can get into the penalty are-

Before he could finish, Kuon 'stupidly' lazed in the middle and got it stolen from Keiseke Wanima.

Keiseke Wanima: I'll stealing the cream.

Raichi: What the fuck, man?! How'd you let him take the ball like that?

Isagi: Those two have dropped back to midfield now? Then I'll stop them. Even if it means borderline fouling them!

The two twins were quick on the uptake and one-two passed their way through Isagi and Chigiri. The Older brother received the ball and shot it up in the right corner, their team's first goal.

***Team W [1] - Team Z [3]***

Isagi: (Damn, those two are too dangerous to leave free.)

Kuon: We still have a two-goal lead. Let's not panic. We'll pass it around and build up steadily.

Isagi: (Yeah, he's right. We're still in the lead.)

On kickoff, Kuon delivered a slow pass to the back, right in the direction of Isagi.

Isagi: (Huh?! He's passing to me? It's also too slow!)

The older twin easily steals the ball and smiles as he dashes through the middle.

Ayanokouji: (So he isn't even trying to hide it anymore.)

Since Chigiri was a liability in the defensive line, he couldn't reach the through ball the older brother made to the younger one, and Keiseke shot the ball clean through the net.

Isagi: (This careless mistake is going to be fatal!)

***Team W [2] - Team Z [3]***

Keiseke Wanima: YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Raichi: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DONG, KUON?!!!! Did you lose your focus after scoring two?! Huh?!

To stop the fighting, Kunigami went in and subdued Raichi.

Kunigami: Calm down, Raichi, no fighting!

Kuon: I'm sorry... I... What am I doing in such an important game? Sorry!

He knelt down in complete... 'sorrow.'

Kunigami: Get up, Kuon. You didn't do it on purpose. Let's press on.

Raichi: WHAT?! An apology isn't enough. He cost us two goals in a row!

Naruhaya: We're still in the lead so let's just think up a plan!

Gagamaru: Right. Do we want to keep attacking or play more defensively?

Kunigami: Come on, stand up.

Kuon: Sorry.

Isagi: (This is bad. We have to stop the next shot from going in. Or else..)

Just then, Isagi saw, for a fraction of a second, a smile form on Kuon's face.

Isagi: (Did he just... smile? Maybe... I imagined it.)

Ayanokouji: (He really doesn't have faith in this team. Not that I could blame him. If I wasn't the top goal scorer, I would be worried too.)

Igarashi: We need to score one more goal!

It was now 60 minutes into the game and the formation changed once again.

Kunigami, Isagi and Bachira were the forwards along with Raichi, Gagamaru and Naruhaya in the middle and Chigiri, Ayanokouji, Kuon and Igarashi in the back. This would be the final formation for the remainder of the match.

Isagi: Alright, let's do this!

Bachira: That's the spirit, Isagi!

Kicking off, Bachira and Isagi did a one-two with one another to move up the middle of the field.

Isagi: (Well, anyway, if we get the next goal, we can dominate this game! Don't get overwhelmed by their pace.)

He passed to an open Kunigami but the attack suddenly stopped. Because you see, their tactics and formations were already made known and given countermeasures by team W. They effectively knew how to stop them.

Bachira was defended closely by two players and Isagi couldn't penetrate through the middle because of their long and strong midfielders. Kunigami himself and marked incredibly close so he couldn't release his mid-range shot.

Isagi: (That's impossible. Do they know how we're going to link up?!)

Ayanokouji: (Now it begins.)

Isagi: (Our weapons are getting killed. I can't smell a goal!)

Kunigami desperately threaded a terrible pass that got intercepted by Keiseke Wanima.

Keiseke Wanima: Hehehehe!

Isagi: (Something's definitely wrong. They have to know our plans. But how-)

Isagi: (No! There's no way that can be true! If we lose, we're done! Where's the benefit in doing that?)

Isagi thought back to the first two goals and how even himself assumed Kuon played better than what he was as a player. And the third goal was suppose to be meant for him but got stolen by Ayanokouji.

Isagi: (Could he have tried to score a hattrick in order to become the top goal scorer? But that wouldn't make sense. Ayanokouji.... wha.... he stole his third goal. And he looked furious....)

While Isagi thought about it, a cross into their own penalty area took place and Kuon was in good position to hit it away due to his jumping. But then, he intentionally missed it.

Isagi: (He missed the easy clearance on purpose?!)

The cross went through easily and the old brother volleyed it in the right side with ease.

Kuon, tired and on the ground, slowly tried to get up from his 'failed' clearance.

Isagi: Kuon. Are you betraying us?

The two brothers appeared right behind Isagi and smiled deviously.

Keiseke Wanima: Bingo!

They trotted around Isagi and towards Kuon.

Keiseke Wanima: They figured it out, so you might as well come clean, Kuon-chan. It's sad that the emotionless, jumping guy took your third goal but if you get us another two, we'll give you a freebie so you're square with him, hehehe.

Isagi: What?

Keiseke Wanima: Hehehe. Your tactics, weapons, and weaknesses... literally everything was leaked to us. You sneaked out during the night and your last team meeting to propose this plan, didn't you?

Ayanokouji: (So it's finally out in the open.)

Keiseke Wanima: And so... 'The game is ours.' That's what we're both saying.

Isagi: This is a joke, right Kuon?

Bachira: Oh, yikes it is true? Hehe, crazy.

Raichi, blinded by rage, grabbed Kuon up and held his shirt tightly.

Raichi: This is bullshit! I'll kill you! What the hell were you thinking?!

Kuon: I'm just... doing my best to survive Blue Lock.

Before Raichi could punch his face in, The speakers across the stadium announced that he received a yellow card.

Speaker: Yellow card, Raichi Jingo. Return to your half immediately.

Raichi frustratingly let go.

Raichi: How can I?! I can't play under these conditions!

Naruhaya: Hey! What's going on?!

Gagamaru: This is more like the song, 'Selfish Sinbad.'

Igarashi: If we lose, we're finished.

Kuon silently took the ball and brought it back to the halfway line to kick off.

Kuon: You guys are the dumb ones. Another goal and I'm square for the top goal scorer. I'll naturally beat out Ayanokouji's rank and ascend to the top spot. And with that, I'll go through by myself. Only you guys will be going home if we lose. I will survive here alone.

Isagi: (If he gets a hattrick in this game, he'll definitely outrank Ayanokouji and be level with goals. He'll be the only one going through.)

Ayanokouji: (That's a big if.)

Kuon passed the ball to Keiseke Wanima.

Keiseke Wanima: Thanks for the pass, Kuon-chan.

Igarashi: He passed to the other team?!

Kuon: Don't you see? From here on out, we're playing 12v10.

***Team W [3] - Team Z [3]***

...

In the observatory room, Anri was flabbergasted.

Anri: Are you going to allow this, Ego-san?!

Ego: Just shut up and watch. Didn't I tell you it was going to get interesting?

Anri: What?! Ego-san!

...

...

...

Next chapter: Chapter 8: Awakening

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 160 10
" You will never play for Japan. " "Your frail ego won't allow it." The words of Blue Lock supervisor, Ego Jinpaichi echoed through his ears as he ma...
17.3K 607 17
A young man named, [Y/N] Kaneko, who have an extraordinary mind, he was always known for his strategic intellect and natural talent, particularly in...
91.8K 4.7K 24
──A story about a former football prodigy who will rise again to regain his apotheosis. 𝘢·𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘩·𝘦·𝘰·𝘴𝘪𝘴 /əˌ𝘱ä𝘛𝘏ēˈō𝘴ə𝘴/ 𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦...
117K 3.2K 11
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's life hasn't been easy. After being placed in the white room for an experiment by his father during most of his childhood, he ev...