Emilia

By R3b3cca09

sequel to the unwanted twin. set almost immediately after book 1 Nothing is the same anymore. Emilia is brok... More

about the book
introduction
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Demon
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38.
chapter 39
note
chapter 40
chapter 41
new book ?
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
note?
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
note
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
note
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
chapter 72
chapter 73
chapter 74
new book?
reunited
chapter 75
note
chapter 76
chapter 77
chapter 78
chapter 79
chapter 80
chapter 81
chapter 82
chapter 83
chapter 84
chapter 85
chapter 86
chapter 87
chapter 88
chapter 89
chapter 90
chapter 91 *bonus*
chapter 91
chapter 92
note
chapter 93
note.... again
chapter 94
epilogue
third book
demon

chapter 62

12.9K 601 38
By R3b3cca09

Emilia couldn't sleep again. She hadn't seen Damon or mason that evening after school and her dad was busy with work so she didn't want to disturb him but he had made it clear if she needed anything to come to him.

Because it was a Friday night her brothers went out.

It was late at night so she soon drifted into a sleep.

A 5 year old girl rushed to get her parents and sisters breakfast ready but she was only 5 and couldn't exactly cook. She never felt love from her family, her mum would always tell her she was a mistake and other vile insults. She envied Lexi, Lexi got everything she wanted but all Emilia truly wanted was a family. She wanted to be loved. She didn't care about the toys or clothes Lexi got.
Deep in thought she ended up burning the food.
It had been verbal abuse which left her crying but this time when Henry saw it he flipped out, dragging the small girl to their basement.
That was the first time he hurt her physicallly.

Emilia jolted awake. She knew not many people if any would remember what happened when they were 5 but for her she remembered, she remembered the pain. The feeling of terror. Everything.

She didn't want to be alone but her brothers were out and her father wasn't an option. Henry was suppose to be her father, she felt herself feeling insecure. What if he turns against her if she messes up again.

She looked at her phone. For a moment she considered the nice bad guy but it was nighttime he was probably working.

Damon was pissed at her. Even though they made up she didn't want to confront him after their last conversation.
She took a risk and decided to message the man who helped her a few days ago.
The Mafia boss.

Are you busy?

Damon wasn't exactly busy he had just had a fun filled day of torturing. And no that wasn't sarcastic.

He loved hearing his victims scream and beg for mercy. He was currently in a club though, Mason was about somewhere no doubt drinking with a random girl.

Damon however was sat in the VIP area, a few girls surrounding him and one sat on his lap.  When his phone went off he cursed silently but took it out knowing it might be important.

It was almost 4am. He was unsure why Emilia had messaged but he instantly dismissed the girls and sent them away despite their complaining.

The nice bad guy: No. What Is it?

He was hoping she didn't sneak out.

Emilia was suprised he anwsered and had been feeling stupid for asking.

I had a nightmare. My brothers aren't in.

Damon felt guilty but knew because she didn't go to her dad she didn't want to disturb him or more accurately it was probably about Henry.

He wanted to help her he really did but knew he couldn't. She didn't know it was him. he didn't want to betray her trust.

The nice bad guy: I'd love to help but I'm the one who causes nightmares not solves them. Go to a brother or your father

The way Damon saw it was if she told the Mafia boss something she  didn't want himself (Damon) to know, he was betraying her trust. If she wanted to tell him, she would at breakfast or dinner. Or when he went home.

He wanted his mafia persona to show her he wasn't all bad.

But he would not let her tell her secrets to him. Secrets that once she found out her own brother was the Mafia boss would probably ruin everything. She didn't message Damon, she obviously didn't want him to know.

Of course Damon wasn't going to stay out so he rung for his driver and quickly found Mason.

Mason headed straight to bed he was drunk and didn't really process anything.

Damon quietly checked in on Emilia, his heart broke when he saw her silently crying. He quietly stepped inside her room "would you like to talk about it" he asked.

"It's nothing" she quickly responded.

"It doesn't look like nothing " he replied.

"Just leave me alone Damon" she snapped taking Damon by suprise.

Damon never liked that tone with him. He respected his father so if his father wanted something done or he was annoyed, Damon would listen. But anyone else, he didn't take it.

"Very well Emilia, I know you're upset and I won't push you so I'll leave. But don't use that tone with me again" he made sure not to sound threatening, he used a gentle tone with her knowing right now wasn't the time.

As he was leaving her room she spoke "did you have a good childhood Damon "

Damon knew instantly this was about her own childhood.

"I did" he replied.

"And what about dad" she whispered. She hated asking this, she trusted him and she feared she trusted him too much.

Why did he only ground her?
Why was he so nice?

Damon had an idea of where it was going. He knew he needed to reassure her, he knew it was her trauma but a small part of him hoped she would trust her father enough to know he wouldn't. He was a little annoyed but understood.

"What about him" Damon asked although he already knew.

"He's too nice. Why doesn't he get angry with me. Is he really just nice or will he turn on me" she finally asked.

Damon did his best not to smile because of  the severity of the conversation but at the same time it was amusing.

Alesandro Russo was not a nice man.

He wasn't the Mafia boss anymore but when he was, he was strict and no nonsense. He was feared. Even now when he dropped by to torture Henry or when he went on a secret hunt for an enemy. He was ruthless.

But he was a good father. He didn't mix business with family.

"It isn't an act Emilia. Dad loves you. He is a business man so yes at work he's different but he doesn't mix family and business. He will never turn on you. Growing up we all did alot of stupid things but I promise you never once did dad treat us like Henry treated you"  Damon explained.

"But what if he does. I'm not exactly the perfect child, I'm messed up"

"He won't"

"But you get angry, why doesn't he"

"Thats different Emilia, I'm your brother, yes maybe I tend to parent a bit but dad had it hard raising 4 boys and continuing his career, he never let me help though, always insisted I need a childhood but when I finally managed to convince him to watch our brothers if he was working late, I became more responsible I guess. I do get angry but I'm your older brother, my anger is different. Dad he doesn't get angry like I do because he lost you and Alexia so instead of anger, he is protective. He doesn't want to loose you. He loves you Emilia. I know we have had our disagreements and I'm an adult so I probably should know better but siblings argue and get angry with each other. Dad however is a parent. His anger a few nights ago is out of worry. He would never hurt you"

By the end Emilia was convinced. She already trusted her dad but felt she was being too trusting. She didn't want him to turn on her.

"Do you want to talk about the nightmare" he asked.

"First time Henry beat me" she mumbled.

Damon had a good mind to go finish Henry off. He was still alive sadly but the boys loved torturing him. Last time he saw Henry was a few hours ago when he was half dead after Mason had finished with him.

Damon had grown bored of Henry and wanted to end him but Alesandro wanted him alive for the time being. Damon suspected his father had something planned.

"Dad is not Henry" Damon stated.

"But I messed up" she whispered

"Yes but we all have. Dante once stole my car, went to a party and didn't come home till morning because he ended up in a park, he was 15 at the time. It was reckless but Dad scolded him yes and there was consiquences but Dad never once would raise his hand to him or any of us. He would never hurt you, no matter what you do."

"I'm sorry I guess it was the nightmare, it got me thinking why dad was so nice"

Damon nodded, he was glad he didn't help as the Mafia boss, he wanted to be able to comfort her.

"I understand Emilia. Tommorow is Saturday, I know you're grounded but how about you try see if you can send time with dad. You need reassurance we know that and we are all willing to give it you. You just need to tell us how you feel"  Damon explained.

"Thank you Damon" she said. She was greatful he didn't bring up a few nights ago and what happened. It seemed to be an unspoken thing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Their Moon By meshybish

General Fiction

84.5K 2K 20
Moon, 20 years old, living with her abusive uncle for as long as she can remember. Physical abuse is something she for once can deal with but mental...
8.4M 244K 100
Emilia and Lexi were twins but they couldn't be more oppersite if they tried. Emilia was selective mute, she was taught not to speak unless spoken to...
62.4K 1.2K 37
Second book in the 'Forever' trilogy. It has been 3 years and Kiara Athena Carpenter is 19 now. Her brothers are still searching for her but with no...
88.8K 2.4K 64
Book I: Drowning in the Pain (completed) Book II: Silence of the Omertà (ongoing) -------------------------- Family as defined in Lilo and Stitch is...