The Billionaire Who Stole My...

By AnisaMxo

"Will you let me make it up to you?" He asked in a whisper. I whispered a 'yes' before feeling his lips softl... More

Latest Announcement
Copyright
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty

Chapter Thirty-Seven

998 36 3
By AnisaMxo

Alena's POV

The green, summer leaves fluttered in the wind as a tint of brown kissed the edges. Autumn was making its entry for the year as summer was saying farewell. I sat at the studio table, looking at the cream-coloured invitation in my hands. For the last few weeks, I had been ignoring it, hoping that I would forget about it. But, I didn't.

I hadn't seen or heard from Dorian in so long. I wanted to call him and hear his voice. I wanted him to be at the doorstep and take me in his arms.

Charlie was right, I could never fully start over again. But I could start over in a way that would let me be true to myself. And I did that for the last two years.

I opened the envelope to see the card and RSVP slip. Both were adorned with gold leaf prints and foiled lettering. All this for the annual end-of-summer ball at the Bradley Enterprise. New York's most publicised event.

Beth came into the studio with a mug in each hand. Since her honeymoon the both of us hadn't had a single moment to catch up. It seemed she and Jacob were enjoying their newlywed bliss.

"Here you go babes," She said, placing the teal pastel mug before me.

"Thanks," I said before taking a sip as Beth grabbed a chair.

"How are you feeling?"

I looked at her not knowing how to respond.

"I'm sorry Als."

"It's not your fault."

"Can I ask you something?"

I nodded.

"Do you know who sent the note?"

I shook my head.

"Can I have a look at it?"

I went over to the small sketchbook I had taken with me to London. Flipping it open, I took the note that was given to me the night before the wedding. I still had no idea who sent it. Part of me thought it didn't matter.

I handed it over to Beth. As she read the words, I heard her take a sharp breath.

"Beth."

She blinked at me in disbelief, opening her mouth as if she wanted to say something.

"They had no right." She whispered harshly.

"It doesn't matter now." I sighed.

"Seriously, whoever did this needs a slap."

"Beth..."

"How could someone do that? What the hell do they gain?" She went on. She couldn't look up at me. All she could do was look at the note in her hands.

Snatching it from her hands, I placed the piece of paper back in my notebook and slammed it shut. With silence now filling the room, I took a sip of tea and looked back at the invitation and RSVP card.

"I honestly don't know how I'm feeling." I sighed. "I want him with me and I miss him. It hurts so much not having him with me. I know he's only in the city but it feels so far. I can't sleep without him. Everything just hurts. One minute he was there and now, he won't even come near me. I haven't heard anything from him and I want to call him and tell him..."

"Tell him what?" Beth asked. Her eyebrows furrowed with concern as I tried to hold back the tears.

"It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if he knew me as Elinor. I'm still going to love him no matter what."

Tears rolled down my face as Beth pulled me into a hug. The thought of always loving him had scared me. Now, I didn't care. The fear of being ruined all over again had gone.

"Do you want to go?" Beth asked.

I nodded into her shoulder.

"How about you fill out that RSVP slip, hmm?"

I choked out a laugh as Beth released me from her embrace. Grabbing the pen and the RSVP slip, I looked down at the adorned stationery.

The due date was now clear as day.

It should have been done 3 weeks ago.

My heart broke realising the mistake I had made.

"What?" Beth asked, concern in her voice.

"I missed the date."

Beth tried not to go off on one by opening her mouth and then pressing her lips into a thin line. She paced back and forth before turning to me with a calm expression.

"Ring him! You have his number!"

I fumbled for my phone, trying to find it on the table full of paintbrushes and scraps of paper. Finding it under a pile of paper, my fingers fumbled to unlock it.

"Give me the phone Alena!"

Snatching it from my hands, Beth grabbed my phone and scrolled down the screen trying to find Dorian's number. She brought it to her ear, chewing her lip nervously.

Her eyes locked on mine as her mouth opened, hearing someone else's voice.

"It says his number is no longer in use."

I shook my head wishing she was playing a cruel joke. Taking my phone from her hands, I pressed it against my ear. The automated voice repeated the same phrase over and over again.

"This number is no longer in use."

I looked up at Beth who had tears in her eyes. "Alena..."

I ended the call, seeing my phone turn black. "I guess it wasn't meant to be."

*

Dorian's POV

"Come on Alek," I called out loudly from my old bedroom. "You have to have breakfast before I drop you off."

A faint okay could be heard from his room. I tightened the tie around my neck as I made my way down the staircase.

Stopping myself from sighing loudly, I was handed a manila folder by a member of the recent security team we had hired. Saying good morning and thank you to the stern security member, I headed into the kitchen where both my parents were already at the kitchen table. A few seconds later, Alek came running into the kitchen with his new school uniform on and took a seat beside Mom and the empty chair for me.

"I'm really hungry; please can I have three waffles?" He asked Mom who was sitting at the table with a bowl of fruit and a cup of red tea. I grabbed an empty plate and a couple of slices of toast.

Dad looked up from his paper and raised an eyebrow at Alek. "Are you sure you can eat all that?"

Alek nodded as a plate was placed in front of him. He said a thank you to Dorothea before Mom stabbed one of the waffles on his plate and put it on an empty saucer.

"Eat these two and then see how you feel. I don't want you to be sick on your first day of school."

As my parents started talking about the recent security breaches that had happened at the company since I had gotten back from London, I looked at the file that had been given to me. In it were the names of the guests who would be attending the ball. I looked over it a few times hoping I had misread it.

The one person I wanted in the entire world, wasn't on the list.

"Sweetie, you okay?" I turned to Mom to see her with a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah," I replied, closing the folder. "I'm fine."

I got up from the table, telling Alek to finish breakfast. I walked towards the door still looking at the closed folder in my hand.

"Dorian," I looked up to Mom he was standing behind me with the same look she had in the kitchen. "What's wrong?"

I sighed and shook my head; regret consumed my body as I tried to say what I wanted to. I wanted to tell her all the mistakes I made and, like a little kid, hope she could help me fix them.

"I messed up Mom," I sighed heavily. " I messed up so much; the one person I truly loved doesn't want to see me anymore."

"Dorian," Her voice filled with reassurance. "You don't know that."

"I know she doesn't want to see me," I said. "If she didn't want to see me, then her name would be on this guest list."

Alek came over with his school bag, ready for his first day back to school.

"I'll see you later Mom," I said, kissing her on her cheek.

Alek gave her a hug whilst listening to Mom's advice. It was the same thing I heard every first day back. Be polite to the teachers and to the people he would meet. Be respectful of others. And if there is a problem, find someone who can help and don't get involved.

Alek listened intensely as I waved goodbye at Dad who was leaning against the kitchen door frame, waiting for his wife. He always had the same expression on his face when he would wait for Mom. A faint smile on his lips and his eyes filled with the love he would have for her until his last breath.

"You ready for school big guy?" I asked as we both walked out of the house and towards the car.

"Yeah!" He yelled with excitement before quietening down. Those big blue eyes of his looked up at me with worry. "Can I still hold your hand?"

I smiled for the first time in forever as I took hold of his hand. "Of course, you can."

To all those who don't know, I have become a writer on Radish. I am honestly loving it and I'm really happy.

I will still be updating on Wattpad, however, Radish will have priority uploads.

Wattpad updates will be released 28 days after Radish uploads. But... if you are itching to read the next few chapters head on over to Radish!

Chapter Thirty-Eight will be updated on Wattpad Wednesday 28th December!

Also if you guys didn't know I'm on Twitter! So if you want to go ahead and interact with me over there, go ahead! I geek out over books, New Girl, Bridgerton, and anything to do with reading and writing and my life so feel free to join the dark side!

Social media info is down below!

I hope everyone is safe and sound!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 12.8K 40
His words had me heated. As he spoke he made it sexy, and it turned me on. He was right about the pull towards us. The sex between us worked...and it...
2.7M 80.5K 36
Warning: Contains some mature scenes. (Highest Rating: #34) Excerpt: "Look, I know we had a bad start, and you hated me, but can you give...
14.1K 743 21
"Where am I going to sleep?" She expresses her annoyance at his deliberate actions and the little, visible smirk that was playing on his face. "Of co...
12.1K 425 28
"So... what about us?" he asked, and I looked at him, a bit bewildered. "What?" I inquired. "You and me... what are we, Sera? You know how you affect...