Re: His Shadow

By Yel_lue04

Every time you look at me, it's as if you were looking at someone else. I just want to remind you... I'm no... More

#1: Imprinted
#2: Meet Me in the Middle
#3: Medicine Allergic
#4:Incident At Punk Hazard
#5: Coastline
#6: Chain And Prisoned
#7: The Land of Love, Passion and Toys
#8: Perpetual Eternal Surgery
#9: People die, eventually
#10: A Birdcage
#11: Morning, it comes
#12: Permission to live
#13: Path You'd Follow
#14: A Place of Hello's and Thank You
#15: Exploring Alone
#16: Sacrifice for a Secret
#17: The Nameless One
#18: A Celestial Dragon
#19: Downpour In A Sunny Day
#20: Temporary Memento
#21: The Silence is Fine
#22: Alliance on the Move
#23: Payback Time
#24: Disobedience To The Law
#25: Laboratory Story
#26: The Girl Who Waited
#27: Yesterday's Recall
#28: We're Not Heroes
#29: The Subtle Moments
#30: One, Two...Three
#31: Promises are to be Fulfilled
#32: Whispers of the Wind
#33: The Person We've Become
#34: Unfamiliar Feeling
#35: Missing Parts
#36: Tiring Conversation
#37: Courage I Dreaded For
#38: Come Back Alive
#39: Behind His Shadows
#40: On Your Own
#41: The Paths We Follow
#42: A Usual Day in The Submarine
#43: Red
#44: Who Lives, Who Dies

#45: His Shadow (END)

263 7 0
By Yel_lue04

Dock

A marine ship escorts guests from different kingdoms. Keanne went down wearing his Vice-Admiral's coat. "Keanne!", Seri was thrilled to see her. "I heard you were here so I asked if I could be the one who will escort the princesses", Keanne answered and flushed to see how Seri became more lady-like. "You did fulfill your dream", the lady clapped her hands making the man flush. 

"You came, Vivi, Shirahoshi", Rebecca welcomed the two princesses in the dock. "Is she also a princess? She's a rare beauty", Vivi was amazed at the sight of the white-haired lady with crimson red eyes. "My name is Seri. I am just an adopted citizen of Dressrosa. It's a pleasure to see the princesses of Alabasta and Fishman Island", the lady gave a bow of the head. "Her posture is that of a delicate lady so I thought she's also a noble", Pell commented while walking behind Shirahoshi's brothers. The people of Dressrosa welcomed their guests with flower petals of many colors. 

"How I wish that your fathers could have joined us", King Riku led the way to the town. The place was packed with different kingdoms since it is a monthly celebration of the country's freedom. The four ladies conversed about their experiences with Luffy and his crew. "He hit me in the face when I wasn't making any sense and I knew I needed that", Vivi chuckled. "He called me names such as being a crybaby", Shirahoshi sighed. "Lucy saved this country in exchange for the food I bought for him", Rebecca smiled. "How about you? What do you remember about him?", they all looked at Seri. 

"He invited me to join his crew and that assured me that I will be protected", the lady answered. "Really?! Why didn't you go with them?", Vivi was startled. She toned down upon seeing the whitehead already looking at her. "I joined the Hearts Pirates because I burdened their captain to cure me. After some time, I learned that it wasn't something he should be burdened with so I left", Seri narrated. "Trafalgar Law? His name is all over the news last year", Vivi recalled his name. "Wha~ How I wish I could also be able to sail and have an adventure", Shirahoshi sighed once more. After touring the guest, Seri and Rebecca ended at sunflower hill. 

Sunflower Hill

They both sat in front of their parent's graves. "Father said your father can be buried here so that they both can have a conversation about how we grew up to be fine women", Rebecca broke the silence. "We have a lot in common, don't we? Your highness", Seri smiled and closed her eyes. "Just call me, Rebecca. I know I just had my coronation but you don't have to change the way you call me", the pink-haired princess pouted. "A few months from now, I will be wearing the crown. It is still not sinking in. Then, Seri, the world began changing. Do you think you can go back and be the next head of your house? I didn't mention it to you before but I saw a portrait in one of the celestial dragon's houses. What do you plan on doing?", Rebecca asked. 

"I want to be a woman my father will be proud so if restoring our family's name will make up for that, I'll have to make my preparation", Seri opened her eyes. "I mean, it doesn't have to be now. It's not like we're making you leave. It will be saddening not to have you here but is there any reason you're staying?", Rebecca panicked. "A reason?", the lady looked at the pendant where she kept Trafalgar's vive card. 

Rebecca excused herself since Kyros might be looking for her. Seri sits in front of Rex's grave opposite where Scarlet's remains are buried. "We didn't know what would happen to the two of us but it was as if you were prepared to be the one who'll have to go", the lady pulled her feet together. "Dad, I hope you remember to deliver my message to Ace-san. It's just a simple introduction so I know you can pull it off", the lady felt the grass on her feet. She looked at her bandaged feet. While looking for that person, her feet got wounded. This time, she won't regenerate. She feels more like a human to see that she can also get scars.

"I will be missing you, Dad. It's saddening that you weren't able to tell Law-san what you wanted to but rest assured, I will deliver the message", the lady gave a weak smile and was about to stand. Some thoughts started entering her mind. 

Why is he still not coming to show himself?

Did he forget what I told Bepo?

Is he alright? Did he get sick? Stuck on an island? Caught by the marine?

Is he still-

Seri slapped herself. "But... I  still miss you", the lady started to feel her eyes get warm. Trying not to cry, she gripped her dress. "Why aren't you still coming to get me? Law-san", Seri sobbed. The lady felt a presence behind her. No one would usually visit her this time of day. Everyone is also busy with the one-month festival. 

She saw a shadow cast behind her. The very shape of his hat and everything about that shadow is something she was sure of. "That was fast. I wish I could have whined a long time ago", the lady wiped her tears and stood still not turning around. "Don't you want to see me? Why aren't you turning around?", the man's voice made Seri's heart beat faster. When was the last time she heard it? Slowly, she turned to face the man. In his hands are carnation flowers in different colors. She opened the pendant and the paper points behind. It flew away and she tried to catch it. The man caught her with his other arm. "You're really prone to falling in random places", he said with a smirk. 

"Law-san", the lady called on his name. "Uhm", the man nodded. Just to make sure, Seri grabbed his arm. "You're not some kind of hallucination, right?", she raised her hand and cupped the man's face. The man looked around and saw the full-bloomed sunflower. The color of yellow reminded him of his beloved Corazon and how his presence is soothing as the aura the color emits. "I'm home", Trafalgar said while looking at the house in the middle of the sunflower garden. Seri's eyes widened and it finally sank in that her wish has been heard. "Welcome home", she cried. "It's not that bad to stay in a place such as this", Trafalgar remembered Corazon trying to save Dressrosa. As he remembered the man, he suddenly felt fulfilled seeing the free people.

He is already free. 

"There's a lot of catching up to do", Trafalgar picked the flower and gave it to the lady. "Those guys send their regard. Each of them wanted to tell you how much they miss you", the man informed. "Aren't you with them? If you're here, they must have tagged along", Seri gulped hoping that the man will nod. He was silent. "Did something happen to them? Why aren't you answering? They're just docking on somewhere, right?", the lady bombarded the man with so many questions. 

Trafalgar raised the lady's chin and pressed his lips on her. The man broke the kiss. "You're talking too much", the man held on her wrist and led her down the hill. The rest of the heart pirates are waving their hands. "Seri!", they all have a smile plastered on their face. "Everyone", she was thrilled to see everyone and they started giving her high-fives. "Why are you all beet-red, Seri?", Ikaku noticed. "Captain?!", they all turned to Trafalgar gritting their teeth. 

The Next Day,

Town's Circle

Everyone is wearing their disguise. They still haven't been disbanded by their captain and they cannot just roam around normally. Just like his previous disguise, Trafalgar wore a pair of sunglasses and a mustache. Bepo was teased by the group not to wear anything but he ended up having a huge paper bag with two holes for his eyes. The crew is all going insane trying all the food they can and dancing along with the ladies. 

Seri and Trafalgar just roam around and ended up at a park. The lady felt uncomfortable but the man kept walking. "If reset-reset fruit has a reversal surgery, I wonder if it is also applicable with the Op-Op fruit", the man crossed his arms. For him not to stand out too much, he left his sword in a safe place. "Can't we join Bepo and the others?", Seri suggested feeling awkward with the fact that they are surrounded by couples. "Then, have you felt any side effects of the operation?", Trafalgar ignored her request. "During the first months, I fainted a lot so Rebecca asked me to stay in the Palace for safety measures", the lady answered. "How about now? Do feel something strange in your body?", Trafalgar was about to reach to her shoulders but she stepped back. The lady felt her face warming up. "Maybe you can check on me after we have our fun at this festival", Seri led him to different shops and stalls. 

Outside the House

Rex built a hammock for the two of them to stay in while telling stories. Seri brought out a cup of coffee for Trafalgar. "Are you sure you want to stay here? Bepo and the rest already left", the lady asked sheepishly as she gives the cup. Trafalgar put down the newspaper he is reading and took the cup of coffee and sipped. "Sit down", the man placed the cup on the nearby table. Seri sat next to him. 

"You did have some changes", the man noticed. The lady instinctively covered her chest with her arms. "Not in that area, though", the man said with a poker face. "Do you have to say that part?!", the lady slightly pouted. "Aren't you going to ask me if I now consider you attractive?", Trafalgar asked. "Why do you have to remember those parts? You can at least recall the time that I was able to escape from you back in Punk Hazzard", the lady crossed her arms. "I was going easy on you", the man had a small smile. 

With the silence, Seri suddenly remember something. The lady's eyes warmed. "He wanted to apologize but he wasn't able to wait for you. That's why I'd apologize for his sake", Seri held on Trafalgar's hand. 

Seri informed about Rex finding the cure for white lead disease and how he regretted not giving it earlier. "He's a genius then. No one could figure out how to cure it and I even have to use my ability to get over that disease", Trafalgar commended. "Did he say anything else?", the man was curious about the fellow doctor. "I think that's it", Seri stretched her arms. 

Then, when he comes home, you have to prepare tea or coffee.

You will always welcome him home and give him a tight hug.

In random moments, you'd tell him that you love him.

"I love you", Seri suddenly said with an audible tone despite her flustered face.

Law, I love you.
Corazon's face flashed on Trafalgar's mind. 

When the time comes, you can be anything for her.

He never got the chance to tell Corazon that he also loved him.

"Then, I love you as well, Seri-ya", the man replied.

"Then?", Seri chuckled. Seri looked at the ground and saw their shadows. "I'll go back to Marygeois and claim back my position as the next head of the House. After that, I will restore Flevance until the time they can get up on their feet. What do you think of my plan, Law-san?", the lady gulped waiting for the answer. At the mention of Flevance, Trafalgar's eyes softened and flicked the lady's forehead. "Why would you go to that extent? If you're going back to be a celestial dragon, you might suffer some consequences", the man asked. "If I can be given a chance to have kids of my own, I want them to be proud of their roots", Seri looked at Trafalgar's eyes with all seriousness. 

The man gave a short laugh and patted her head. "You're such a simpleton", he led the lady's head to lean on his shoulder. "Since I have so much time on my hand, I don't mind accompanying you with your plans", Trafalgar looked at the setting sun. "By the way, how many children would you like to have?", he asked with a straight face. "Don't ask me now! You're ruining the mood", Seri covered her flustered face. 

Then, after we restore Flevance. We'll make a huge hospital to cater to everyone. 

Everyone is so broad, Seri-ya. 

You're such a great doctor and it's a waste that only a portion of the world will benefit from it. 

So, you're willing to share me with the world?

Not in a different way. Why do you have a double meaning in everything?

It's you who is making such an interpretation. 

Women in Dressrosa stab men who are unfaithful. 

Who said I am unfaithful? Not to mention someone clapping mindlessly as a vice-admiral climbs down the marine ship.

That's Keanne. If you remember he is- Wait. Not to mention you going into places with Robin-san. 

"Seri-ya", Trafalgar stood up. "I won't be able to save you from within just like Ace did or perform a reversal surgery like how your father did", the man turned and reached out his hand. "But I'm the only one left alive so I'll finish what they started", Trafalgar's words made the lady cry and she stood to hug him. "Then, you will stay, right? You won't leave me too, right?", Seri sobbed and burrowed her face into the man's chest. "I'm mortal, though. I'll stay by your side longer", Trafalgar hugged her back. 

The end. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 1.8K 15
The World Government had made strives in the field of science through genetic engineering came the recreation of Straw Hat Luffy's Gear Second. The p...
636 29 7
𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐰 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎ 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎ {✨️🌸 NEW CHAPTER EVERY THURSDAY ✨️🌸} "In a city st...
1.5K 14 7
Y/N a new member of the straw hats enjoys her life as a pirate and gains a connection with the Captain of the heart pirates Trafalgar D water Law dur...
364K 10.8K 32
| SLOWLY EDITING | | THE SEQUEL HAS BEEN RELEASED: Prologue + Chapters 1-6) This book has a few grammatical errors but read if you please. It is said...