Double fire🔥

By _queenziraa

She breathes fire 🔥 He breathes fire🔥 The word 'detest' isn't enough to describe what these two have for... More

//1-pt1//:Graduation
//1pt2//: Graduation
//2//:Last day
//3//:Farewell Motherland
//4//:Shopping Spree
//5//:New Year, New Beginning
//6//: New York City
//7//: Invited and Univited guests
//8//: Down the Streets of the City
//9//:Together for good
//10//:Fashion Week
//11//:Home Sweet Home
//12//:First day at home
//13//:Revelations
//14//:Bully
//15//:Wedding bells
//16//:Refueling Danger and Trouble
//17//:A Night in the comfort of the street
//18//:This love thing
//19//:Sacrifices and Alliance
//20//:Thunderstorms
//21//:Lifesavers
//22/:Fashion Exhibition and Fashion Show
//23//:Preparations and Arrangements
//24//:Events
//25//:Nikkah
//26//:Supposed couples
//27//: Somewhat Euphoric
//28//:Baba Kaka
//29//:Emotional Turmoil
//30//:Birthday disaster
//31//:Entangled love
//32//: Jannah's birthday lunch
//34//:Verily,each soul shall taste death
//35//: Unleashing the Dragon
//36//: Where they tell their stories
//37//: Where they tell their stories 2
//38//: Forgive and Forget
//39//: Fire on Fire
//40//: Despair
//41//: Beauty in Red
//42//: From him we are and to him we shall return
//43//: Goodbye Sanity
//44//: Numbness
//45//: SA
//46//: J'taime Mie Amour
//47//: Reincarnation
Characters
//48//: Revelations of Mysteries
//49//: More Secrets
//50//: Calm before the storm
//51//: Havoc/Mayhem/Massacre
//52//: Non-existent
//53//: Self-Defence
//54//: Unalive
//55//: Adieu
//56//: Princess
//57//: Pure love
//58//: Moving on
//59//: FAROOQ'S POV
//60//: Double Fire
Epilogue

//33//:Violence 2.0

350 49 5
By _queenziraa

THIRD PERSON'S POV
MAY, 2018.
ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"I'll see you soon then, I love you." Kubra muttered lowly as she waved at her fiancé.

"I love you more, my princess." He reassured her for the millionth time this month. They were both so eager for their wedding in a week time. It was set to happen a week after eid.

Today was the last day of Ramadan.

Saif had stopped by at Khasrins Jewels, to get a glimpse of his soon to be wife before he leaves for work. "Can I see that beautiful smile of yours?" He whispered softly but it was audible enough to make her heart flutter and her cheeks redden.

She quirked the corner of her lips upwards as it formed a wide smile making her one sided dimple to pop out. "That's more I like it."

He left the premises of the jewelry store after a minute. He had to submit a blueprint at a construction company that belongs to the father of a certain friend of his.

Saif arrived at one of the best construction companies in Africa. It exterior decor was all black then the company name was boldly written at the top of the tall building. He moseyed into the building donned in a light blue kaftan outfit with a Zanna Bukar perched on his well trimmed hair.

He reached the reception where the receptionist usually resides. "Good afternoon." Saif greeted her.

The dark skinned Muslim girl that was dressed in a brown and beige Abaya was typing something on the computer in front of her. "Name? and—-" she stopped her inquiry when she shifted her eyes to the man that stood before her.

"-it's you, Mr Saif. How have you been doing?" She questioned with a warm smile plastered on her face. He's one of the few rich persons that never fails to greet her whenever they are here. Usually, wealthy men and women are often rude to workers especially receptionists.

But Saif was of course an exception.

"Good, Alhamdullilah. I'm here to submit the blueprint." He motioned to the blueprint he was holding. She nodded then typed something  on the computer. "Okay. You may go up now."

"Thank you." He thanked her then moved forward to use the elevator. Different varieties of people moved in and out of the company all dressed in luxurious fashion.

He headed straight to the marketing department and submitted the blueprint. Gave in his signature and time of arrival.

"You didn't bother inviting us for your wedding, what sort of friend are you?" The marketing manager, Amir joked around with his friend.

Saif scratched the back of his head giving out a light chuckle. "Wedding preparations have been really hectic. In Shaa Allah invitations will be sent tomorrow."

"My regards to our Kubra."

"You mean my Kubra, sure." He always made sure he was possessive over her because why not? Everyone knew about the undying love the two have for each other.

Amir laughed then nodded in agreement. "Is the boss around? I'd like to reach my greetings." Saif always made sure to pay his respect to the man. He is his friend's father after all.

Amir checked something on his MacBook before replying, "According to my calculations, the boss has a guest around at the moment."

Saif slipped his hands inside his pockets. "I'll wait." Despite knowing he's going to be late to meet his father at their farmhouse, he was still keen on waiting.

"You may wait outside his office, where you'd be more comfortable with less noise and people."

Saif strolled to the waiting room outside his office. He waited for about fifteen minutes but he still wasn't through with his guest.

Luckily, he was the patient type. He wouldn't bother waiting for another hour so be it. He decided to distract his self with his phone. He texted Kubra but she didn't reply, probably busy with work, he presumed. He was so bored to the extent he decided to write a long poem for the woman he loves the most.

Suddenly, the voices of the two men inside the office began becoming extremely audible. Well, audible for people in the waiting room to hear. The only person there was Saif. He became curious to eavesdrop in their conversation even though he knew he was wrong.

As the two men continued to converse or perhaps even argue in a louder tone, Saif couldn't believe his ears.

It's impossible. No, they have to be bluffing.

He decided to leave knowing it was bad listening to people's private conversations but what he heard next was loud and clear. There was no doubt he knew and understood everything they were talking about.

He shook his head repeatedly because it was unbelievable. It's not possible. It just can't be. He was completely frozen and rooted to where he stood. His chest began to pain him and it wasn't becoming any less painful.

He has to get out of the place before he'd do something he'll regret later. He walked or rather speed walked out of the waiting room.

"Did you meet the bo—" he ignored Amir and rushed to the elevator. It seemed to have been stuck or something so he ditched it for the staircase.

Back in the Boss's office, the boss and his guest heard the sound of the door being slammed by someone. Their eyeballs pulled out of their sockets as they watched the security footage of whom it was.

It was quite obvious that he heard everything they had said and sprinted out to do what he thought was right.

"No, nobody must find out about it. Absolutely nobody!" The Boss exclaimed out in frustration. No one can find out. His efforts shall and will not be in vain. He'd worked so hard to get his hands on what he wants.

His guest strolled down back to his seat and sat,leg crossed of course. "So what will you do about it?" The person already knew what the boss was going to do, he just wanted clarification because if the secrets get out, they're all doomed.

The boss ran a hand through his head in frustration then let out a groan. "What has to be done. I do admit this time, I feel bad because the boy's a good kid. But, I can't risk my secret for him."

The former nodded in agreement then gave their guy a call. "His plate number is KUT236T. Do the needful."

"Poor kid. He didn't deserve it but oh well, who cares?" The two business allies burst out into fits of demonic laughter.

________________________________

LATER IN THE EVENING..

Betty had organised an Iftar party for a few number of family and friends. In Betty's language, few means less than twenty people.

"Took you guys long enough, I've been waiting for almost an hour." Betty exclaimed as Farooq and Sabrina made their appearance. They were the last to arrive at the party.

Farooq walked over to Betty and gave her a hug which she immediately responded to. "Are you hungry?" She asked with a slight chuckle. He looked pale and exhausted. She knows how her brother was addicted to his work and never takes break. She also knows that he often feels the fast on the very last day of Ramadan.

She had memorised him that much.

"The truth?"

She nodded, with her lips enfolded between her teeth. "I am." He admitted throwing his head backwards.

"You're not supposed to complain when you're fasting." She playfully swatted his arm.

"I'm also not supposed to lie when I'm fasting, am I?" He raised a brow. She hated how he always wins whenever they're having an argument. Yes, he might be the most intelligent child in the family but he certainly wasn't smarter than Betty.

Or so she thought.

Sabrina watched the brother-sister duo in awe as they chatted and joked around. She wished she was also with her siblings but that wasn't possible. The last time they were all together in a room was on the day of her Nikkah during picture time.

Aliza was in Saudi Arabia for Umrah along with her husband and Hiba. Aliya was pregnant and was always in the confines of her house. Arif was well, who knows where the man could be. Ashraf was not even an option because he hated her guts.

"Sabrina, I am so sorry. Where are my manners? Come over here and sit with us." Betty waved at her to sit with them.

She smiled awkwardly at Betty then walked over to the chair next to her. She tried her best to not spare him a glance but she couldn't. Just as she glanced at him, he was caught staring at her.

Things have been totally different between the two. He had stopped answering her daily morning greetings, he avoids her as much as possible, at a point he even stopped eating Sahoor made by her.

Basically, they were strangers living together.

He quickly tore his gaze away then back to Betty. "Where are my friends?"

"Abdallah is in the parlor playing a certain video game with our cousins while Neelam and Malika are in the kitchen helping to set up everything." He nodded then walked into the house.

Sabrina swallowed thickly as she realized what he had just done. Another act of his to stay away from her completely. It hurts. He made her feel even more unwanted than she already felt.

Like a useless piece of shit.

"I'll be off to say hi to Tareeq." Betty smiled then nodded in response saying she also had to check up on the dishes.

Harisa didn't come though. Probably at home suffering in the kitchen. If there's anything she knows about her is that she despised cooking and Amma always forces her to cook. Her way of punishing Harisa.

Tareeq was the best distraction at the moment. She walked up to where he was roughly seated on the mat with Maama. "Aunt Sabrina!" Maama squealed loudly seeing her favorite aunt.

Of course she always emphasised on the favorite aunt part to get on Harisa and Arianna's nerves. She always refer to them as boring aunties.

"If it isn't my favorite niece, how are you doing?" She gave her a high five with a small hug.

Maama flipped her hair backwards then adjusted her sitting position in a way she could face both of them. "I'm superb as ever. Tareeq has awful taste in fashion!" The ten year old exclaimed pointing out his outfit.

Sabrina tried her best to suppress her laughter before replying, "No doubt there."

"You're supposed to be supporting me here. This ten year old is nothing but a bully!" He glared at her tiny figure which she just waved off dismissively.

"And why is that?"

"Because you know my outfit is okay. Come on Sabrina, rate me on a scale of one to ten." Sabrina squinted her eyes.

"Well for your T-shirt. I see it's a white premium T-shirt made with a smoother, softer and lightweight material. It is also made with the highest quality of Supima cotton. I give it a ten.." Sabrina started with the now fashion analysis.

Tareeq poked his tongue out at Maama while she rolled her eyes and folded her arms  around her chest. "But where you made an error is wearing a brown fake shrink-to-fit jeans with a white shirt. It would have been better if it were a khaki or cargo pant, but brown jeans? Bro, that's a fashion abomination." Sabrina frowned shaking her head sadly.

It was indeed the biggest fashion error ever. Well, he's a Nigerian after all. It is only expected of them to make fashion catastrophes.

"See! You're not only a loser but you also lack good taste in fashion." Maama stuck out her tongue in a teasing manner in his face. He attempted to knock her in the forehead when Sabrina pulled her behind her protectively.

"Don't even dare." She narrowed her eyes sternly at Tareeq.

The three argued some more before it was finally time for Iftar. They all broke their fasts with dates and fruit salad. After magrib prayer, all the guests sat down at the beautifully decorated garden on a large Italian carpet.

In no time, they ate and laughed with one another. Those who lived far departed from the party earlier leaving the rest. Tareeq also left earlier saying he had to get his Eid clothes from his tailor.

Abdallah and Maama were playing basketball at their little court. In Sabrina's opinion, both the latter and the former knew nothing about the game.

The rest of the people were inside the house while Sabrina stayed outside alone. Bored? Most likely it.

She's used to it by now.

She's starting to become a boring person herself.

She enjoyed the serenity for some minutes when she noticed Neelam at the other side of the house. She decided that it was high time she cleared the air between them.

Usually she prefers violence and bloodshed but this time around, she really wanted nothing but peace. She couldn't bear the glare Neelam always throws her way anytime she gets a chance.

"I better hope I don't regret this." Sabrina sighed murmuring to herself as she sprung up. She wore her shoes back then sauntered towards her.

"Hey?" She called out which somewhat sounded like a question in her own ears.

Neelam paused what she was doing and quirked her eyelids upwards to have a perfect view of her figure. "What do you want?" She rolled her eyes checking out her manicured fingers.

Sabrina swallowed thickly seeing this was going to be harder than she had expected. "Peace."

Neelam emitted a sarcastic laugh before narrowing her eyes at her. "You wanna make peace? You're indeed very pathetic."

Swallowing her gigantic pride, she sighed as though the task seemed more difficult than she had presumed. "Look Neelam, I know you love Farooq." That seemed to capture her attention because she instantly fixated her gaze on Sabrina.

She kept quiet, then eventually looked away. It was over visible that the girl's heart beats for him and him alone. She has fallen too deep to be fished out. "If you knew then why did you marry him in the first place!?"

"Trust me, I recently found out. Even if I knew before the alliance, it wouldn't have stopped me from tying the knots with him. It was a promise I had to keep and you know that.

I wouldn't exactly say I know how you feel because I don't. But, I assure you that there's nothing romantic or even special going on between us. We're more of strangers living in the same house." Neelam wasn't a fool. She was far from it. She clearly sees the hatred the two had for each other.

Then again, she couldn't miss how they stare at each other. It wasn't just a normal kind of stare there was something more to it. If Farooq was to give her that same stare he gives Sabrina even for five seconds then she'll literally die of happiness. Not to mention the two make the perfect duo. When they walk into a place together with their hands entwined, she feels like burying Sabrina alive.

"You expect me to believe all the shit you just spewed? You are delusional. I hate you. I hate you for taking away my one true love from me!" She raised her voice darting her eyes at the other person.

"Why would I even lie to you? I promise you he doesn't even talk to me, who am I kidding? He can't tolerate my mere presence! I irritate him, he treats me like shit and ignores my entire existence most of the time!" Sabrina shouted out with a slight humourless laugh as she shook her head.

Neelam knew she was right. Farooq was very much capable of that. But the guts feeling that the two may someday find something that won't be able to separate them, shatters her.

"Screw you. I hate you." Neelam spat harshly.

Sabrina was at the brink of losing it but she swallowed it and furthered her pleas. "How do I make you understand—"

"Just shut up okay? Shut the hell up! You know what I don't blame you." She shook her head, emitting a mirthless chortle.

Sabrina's pleas were halted. Her jaw stiffened as her skin began to change it glossy tone, "Who do you blame then?" She questioned between gritted teeth.

At this point of their conversation, Sabrina had already predicted that it was soon going to get violent.

"Well certainly not your mother. I adore the woman actually. It's quite obvious you two have a bitter relationship. You can fool everyone else but not me. I blame that good for nothing excuse of a sister you call Aliza—"

That was enough to complete the deed because Sabrina threw her clenched fist on her jaw as she came falling to the ground holding up her jaw. "How dare you?" She hissed.

Neelam got up and gave Sabrina a tight slap on the cheek. With her face put sideways, she used her index finger to count the number of prints that were inflicted on her face. "You slapped me? I, Sabrina Adila Khaleed? You raised your filthy hands and used it on my treasured face?" Sabrina laughed out loud in a ghost manner that sounded too scary for the ears. She no know say she dey play with fire!

"To hell with your filthy face and sister—" this time around, Sabrina gave her four good slaps on the cheeks. Two on both sides, her hands itched to multiply them.

Neelam couldn't bear the pain any longer so she began to scream extremely loud for attention. Sabrina knew she was doing that just to gain the attention of the inhabitants of the house but they was the least of her concern.

You can insult her mother and get away with it scot free but when it comes to her mother figure, Aliza, she can turn the world upside down for her. "Not so fast, get up!" Sabrina exclaimed pulling her up by her shirt. The girl was already crying  loudly and the tears gushed down even faster.

Sabrina gave her chin a tight squeeze as she held her by the neck with her shirt. "What did you say about my Aliza? Speak up before I slit your throat!" Sabrina's eyes widened as her eyes sent nothing but daggers.

"I-I—wa—"

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Farooq yelled as he approached the two fighters. Behind him was Betty, Malika and his other niece, Rukky.

Sabrina didn't let go of her till she was dragged away by Farooq. He gave her a tight hug then turned back to his wife who was fuming in fury.

"You're a crazy woman. What sort of nonsense is this? You laid your filthy—"

"Leave me, Arianna! Let go off me! I'll show her why my last name is Mahir!" She tried struggling out of Arianna's hold.

"What exactly is going on?" Betty exclaimed with a frown plastered on her face. She has heard that Sabrina is a fighter when tested but no one told her she turns into a wild beast. She was honestly too scared at the moment to even stay three feet next to her.

Neelam sobbed as she wiped her crocodile tears away. "I had approached her to reconcile seeing as we aren't the best of friends and asked for peace—"

Sabrina shook her head and pointed at her. "She's lying. It's the other way around. I did that, not her. The next thing I knew she started spewing all sorts of nonsense—I can't and won't tolerate."

"Farooq, she's lying. I would never say those things to her. I can't even.." she broke down into fits of sobs again as Malika tried consoling her.

Malika herself was in a state of shock. She didn't know who to believe.

"How could you stoop as low as to belittle her honor! This rapacious act of yours was nothing but uncourteous. You are a crazy person, you get that?"

Sabrina paused for a second to analyze what was happening. "Are you trying to say I'm lying? I can't believe you right now." She shook her head then paced back and forth in disbelief.

She's aware of the fact that he doesn't like her. But the least he could do today was just ask for her own point of view. Everyone deserves a chance to stand up for theirselves.

"You're lying." He blurted out with pure bluntness without feeling anything at all.

"I'm your wife!" She screamed her voice coming out like that of Liv from Liv and Maddie.

That's usually how her voice turns to whenever she was trying to explain herself.

"Then stop lying and spew the truth."

Instantly, Abdallah sauntered towards them holding Maama's hands firmly. "Sabrina is saying the truth."

"How exactly can you clarify that?" Malika questioned not because she didn't trust her but because she wanted clarity.

"Because the basketball court isn't far from here. I heard the whole conversation between them and all I have to say is Neelam you're a really disgusting person." He darted his chocolate brown eyes at her. She avoided his gaze and continued crying.

"Malika, please take the kids back inside." Betty passed Rukky and Maama to her as she walked them back inside the house because this wasn't a good sight for kids to witness at all.

"Abdallah, stop saying shit!" Farooq snapped.

"You shut up and listen. This girl shedding crocodile tears next to you rained all sort of insults on Sabrina just because the innocent girl tried to make peace with her. She didn't stop at that, she also abused Aliza. The poor girl had nothing to even do with their conversation yet she dragged her into it." He finished as he pointed at her.

Betty couldn't believe what he had just uttered. She believed him. Anyone who knows Abdallah knows that he doesn't lie. So his accusations aren't even for a second false.

Despite farooq knowing he doesn't lie, he still didn't want to believe. "Stop accusing her of what she didn't do. The last time I checked she's your friend."

"And she's your wife!"

"This stupid girl—-"

Abdallah threw a punch on Farooq's nose and continued to punch him all over his face. Farooq released his beast mode and fought Abdallah. Betty tried separating them but she was just pushed aside. Neelam and Malika shouted their hearts out for them to stop but they refused to pay heed to them.

Sabrina was frozen at her spot and didn't move an inch as she watched the two beasts.

Farooq threw Abdallah against the wall, causing him to hit his head hard as it started bleeding. Abdallah touched the back of his head and felt blood streaming down. "It's blood for blood!"

He started punching him till they reached the spot where they had the iftar party. Half of the glass bottles there were broken. He kicked Farooq in the stomach as he fell on the broken bottles. Pieces of bottles pierced into his skin as he let out a sharp piercing groan.

It still didn't halt him from getting up and finishing the fight.

"Enough! Stop it!" Betty screamed loudly.

It seemed like that was enough to stop the fight because they all dropped the sharp items they were using to inflict pain on each other.

"Are both of you insane?"

"Betty, he's the insane one! You support your so called best friend over your wife. Screw you, Farooq." Abdallah exclaimed as he wiped the blood on his forehead away with his bare hands.

Breathing rapidly, he said, "Till you learn to treat that jewel right, then don't show your face to me ever in your life!"

He turned back to Neelam who seemed to have stopped her crocodile tears seeing as her lie had been dogged out. "And you! Don't you ever speak to me in your life or else you'll regret it. I promise you."

"Abdallah—" She started but the look she received from Abdallah was enough to make her shut up.

"You're the fakest person I know. You and him can rot in hell!" With that, he grabbed his keys and turned to Malika.

She nodded then picked up her purse from the ground. "I can't believe you right now." Malika glared at Neelam's figure. Of course she knows Neelam is capable of saying something as stupid as that. Malika knew Neelam open and out.

"You're also believing—"

She raised her hand to stop her from completing her sentence. "Hold it. Let's go Abdallah."

"I'm ashamed of you, Farooq." Betty shook her head in disappointment.

"Betty—" Farooq still refused to believe that Neelam could do something as hostile as that. With the way Abdallah reacted, it was quite obvious who the liar was.

"Betty what? Is this what Amma taught you? Is this how you treat a girl, your wife for that matter? I know how you two's relationship is but come on Farooq. Do you know the value of a wife? Not just any wife..." Betty couldn't hold the tears in her pupils as she allowed them to roll down.

Betty is the oldest child amongst all three families therefore she knew how each and every single one of them were at a young age.

If there's something she'd picked out from Sabrina, is that she's different. She's not like other girls, she is so different from others.

There is something so special about her, not even because she has a heart of gold but because of the kind of jewel she was that no one could be put in comparison with her.

"She's Sabrina! You have no idea what you just did. I blame her for agreeing to marry a fool like you!" She yelled at his face. He was taken aback by Betty's sudden change in mood. She has never insulted him, not even once. But there they were.

Blood was still gushing down all parts of his body and his colour choice of clothes weren't helpful. "You are using abusive words on me, because of her." He croaked out as though his heart had been shattered to pieces. Oh yeah, he doesn't have one.

Betty cleaned the tears that were rolling down her cheeks as she took a step back away from him. "Get out of my house!" She pointed at the gate. Her tone left no room for jokes.

He couldn't believe her at the moment. Was she kicking him out? "Leave before I call security." She warned sternly. She wasn't talking to him alone, she was also referring to Neelam.

Farooq walked pass Neelam and Sabrina as he entered his car and zoomed off. His head was set on returning home safely because with how his heart was fuming with anger, he could do anything. Neelam had also disappeared from the scene.

"Sabrina," Betty turned to face Sabrina as she looked extremely pale and disheartened. She hugged her tightly, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I know you're not in the right mood to talk. I'll call a driver to drop you off."

________________________________

Sabrina sauntered straight to her room, though she didn't miss the sight of blood trails that stained part of the tiles.

Her head wasn't right and she knew she couldn't do anything about that. Why was it always her? What did she do to deserve this hostile treatment from everyone?

The worst part is that she couldn't even talk to anyone about it. She didn't want to bother her sister with her marital issues. Sabrina truly believed that the jinns had been released immediately after magrib because whatever ever happened tonight was the work of the devil.

She took a cold bath then changed into a maroon tank top with a jacket on top of it and grey sweatpants. Tying her hair into a messy bun, she covered it with a scarf.

She took the first aid kid and walked to her husband's room. Praying repeatedly in her head that she wouldn't be murdered inside because of his mood and well maybe because she assumed that his room was a cult center.

You know, all human body parts around the wall with blood decoration. Muttering a dua, she opened the door to his room.

The room was nothing close to what she thought it as. It was Grey and white in color with only considerable amount of lighting. The king sized bed was gigantic and aligned to the wall. The room was honestly captivating well with the exception of the choice of lightings in it.

Farooq turned around from where he stood at the window with his hands slipped into his pockets. He narrowed his eyes at her figure from a distance.

She swallowed thickly and ignored how his intense glare was killing every angle cell in her body. But well, she's Sabrina after all, so she took three streps in.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here? He thundered, as his eyes remained on her and her alone. He was at the edge of losing his sanity and the girl never seems to listen.

She ignored him and placed the first aid kid on the stool next to his bed.

"Are you deaf or what? I've told you to stay away from me times without number but you refuse. Just leave me alone! Out of my room!"

This time he was shouting at her face because they stood only few feet's away from each other. She still ignored him. He let out a shaky breath with a dangerously humorless laughter. "You got what you wanted. You turned my friends against me. Because of you, Betty kicked me out."

Sabrina still kept mum and hadn't uttered a single word. It burned her that he still was oblivious of his harsh actions towards her.

Nevertheless, she kept an emotionless expression then pushed him a little so he could sit on the bed. He darted his eyes at her because he was completely confused.

She wet the towel she came with, in hot water. She then used a cotton wool to clean and wipe away the blood trails on his face. Using her delicate hands, she began to unbutton his shirt slowly as her heart beat accelerated. Farooq remained quiet as his gaze was pinned on his wife, she on the other hand avoided his at all cost.

Sabrina removed his shirt and started picking out the pieces of bottles that designed his bare chest. Sabrina removed every single piece then used a cotton wool to clean out the blood stain.

She then applied some ointment on all the injured surfaces. Though her hands were shaky as she touched his bare skin and hard face. His gaze on her wasn't helping matters at all.

However, she mustered up courage and continued dressing his wounds. She bandaged areas that was in need of it then used the hot towel to clean the remaining part of his face, chest and bare back.

Farooq was thunderstruck at her sudden action. What is truly wrong with the girl?

He insulted her. He's ignored her entire existence but still forced conversations. He stopped eating food prepared by her but she still cooked for him. He ignored her daily greetings but she never even for day stopped.

If he was to do even one of those things to either Malika or Neelam then he's certain they'll never speak to him again. He's ignored his very own you get siblings his whole life and they've eventually gotten used to it and came a straight line between them. His arrogance has kept a lot of people away from him but not Sabrina.

Tonight, he believed his best friend's words over hers but still, here she was dressing his wounds when he treated her like an unwanted nobody.

That was the moment he realised that no matter what he did to her, no matter how bad he treats her and not matter his efforts of ignoring her, she always comes back to him.

She stayed.

She didn't abandon him like everyone did. For the first time ever in his life, someone actually bared his rude attitude and arrogance. She didn't leave him alone like he'd always ask her to. She stayed.

She's the only one who stayed.

Sabrina was through dressing his wound. She adjusted his bed and pillow as she slightly laid him down slowly on the bed as though he was a baby she was taking care of.

His gaze though never wavered for even a second. She sat down beside his bed and muttered du'as over him.

She rose up to her feet to leave the room before she breaks down in his presence because Allah knows that she was at the edge of losing sanity. She has had too much physical contact for the night and had also touched a lot.

Just as she turned around to walk away, he held her right hand firmly. The time around, unlike the last time when he gave her hand a tight squeeze, he held her dainty hands delicately as though he was afraid of inflicting any more pain.

Sabrina inhaled the air conditioner that was hitting her nostrils to her desire because she was burning inside her jacket. She shut her eyes close due to the electricity she felt within by his touch. "Farooq.." She muttered lowly, refusing to look back.

At the moment, the way she called out his name in such a low voice made him come to a conclusion that his name could never had been uttered in a better way.

"Stay." His voice had deepened. He didn't let go of her hand.

She ducked her head low because she honestly didn't know what she should do. "Please." He begged, sounding so desperate for her.

She couldn't say no. Not now at least. She couldn't leave him in this condition. He needn't say anything for her to know that he was hurting inside.

So she stayed.

He pulled her jacket down leaving her in a loose tank top. Slowly, he twirled her around to face him. He almost chuckled at how pink her whole face was. Nevertheless, she laid on the bed, facing the other side so as to avoid his gaze.

But he wanted her. Not her back. But her angelic face that could cure sick people with just a little smile. So he used his left arm to scoop her body bringing it next to him. No, on his bare chest.

She let out a gasp as she realized the position there were in. Her chest was pressed against his. They could both hear how fast their heartbeat accelerated. His hand were wrapped around her waist, her hand placed on his chest.

Sabrina's eyes went wide as saucers as she flickered it, enabling her velvety lashes to do it work. Farooq on the other hand maintained a close eye contact as it refused to waver. As she was feeling awfully shy, she shut her eyes close, resting her head on his chest.

If she thought that was all,bthen she was bluffing. Farooq pushed away the hair garment she had used to sheath her hair. He inhaled the sweet fragrance of her raspberry scented shampoo.

He had always been obsessed with long, soft and straight hair. Probably why he had been yearning to see Sabrina's hair, he though refused to acknowledge it.

For the first time ever, the two earthlings fell asleep in each other's arms. Though both earthling's heart was shattering, they stayed with each other. It was the only thing that felt safe.

________________________________

Sabrina woke up before him and quickly went back to her room. She didn't waste time in putting out her Eid attire which was a light blue and white lace gown with glitters adorning the dress.

The maids had already started preparing the dishes for Eid. Which gave Sabrina the freedom to attend Eid prayers.

"Good morning." She greeted her husband whom was now down and was seated on the dining table clasped in a white getzna Kaftan and Babban Riga. He looked absolutely breathtaking and most certainly would get the attention of millions of girls as soon as he steps out of the house.

"Can we talk?" He started, and for the first time ever he sounded so genuine and not so demanding.

She served herself breakfast then went back to her seat. "I'm eating." She deadpanned as she scrolled down her phone avoiding his presence.

So that's how it feels to be ignored,he thought mentally. "I want to apologize for how I've treated you fo—"

Suddenly, her eyes lifted up as she sent daggers his way. "Stay away from me, Farooq Khaleed. Isn't that what you wanted from the start? So please, let's continue living like strangers for the rest of our lives." She spewed venom. If he assumed that they'll be all buddy buddy after yesternight then he was wrong.

She lowered her standards for the man but what did he do? He disrespected her times without number and made her feel more insecure about herself. If there's any one she'd been patient with for a long time, then it's definitely him. But not anymore.

She's Sabrina Adila Khaleed. A woman that cowers before no man.

Her words hit him like an arrow in the chest as he sunk her words down. He knew it wasn't the Adila from yesternight but the Adila he met five years ago.

"I—"

You don't understand how much you really mean to me
I need you in my heart you're my necessity yeah

Sabrina answered the incoming call from Jawahir, putting it on speaker as she didn't want to put it up her ear.

"Jawahir, Eid Mubarak!" Sabrina beamed widely even though she couldn't see her.

Jawahir sobbed then said, "Saif is no more Sabrina. Saif has passed away!"

___________________________________

END OF CHAPTER

Hey guys! It's been a long while. I'd really love it if you guys drop a comment once in a while. It's really encouraging yk. So I'm pleading with you guys to drop your reviews on the story so far or the chapter at least.

Who's your favorite character so far?

What do you think about Abdallah?

Who hates Neelam? I certainly do(subconscious)

Your favorite chapter?

What do you think about this chapter?

Who loves oops loved Saif?

I miss him too. But sadly it's Nigeria not India where people come back to life😭😭

Lots of love from Zira ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

831K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
7K 1.6K 39
'No, he didn't'. I was so shocked by the turn of events. Everything was going fine and then suddenly boom, everything turned upside down. I just coul...
4.2K 373 83
"It's too much to remember everything and everyone, all pain and hurt is killing me day by day little by little. I wish I could remove all the pain a...
10.5K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...