•Ⓢⓣⓞⓝⓔ•

By The-one-and-lonely

Nick has been thrown around back and forth between different foster homes for as long as he can remember and... More

•Characters•
•The News•
•Brothers?•
•In Spain•
•The Dinner•
•Dont Breathe•
•Twins•
•Hoodie•
•Shopping Day•
•Rainy Day•
⚠️Not An Update⚠️
•New Clothes•
•Unveiled Secrets•
•The Gazebo•
•Gifts Of Emptyness•
•Screaming•
•Panic•
•Remember•
•6 Tall Figures•
•Home Again•

•Middle Of The Night•

8.1K 161 35
By The-one-and-lonely

Pov: Nick

I turn around slowly only to be met with a pair of tired dark brown eyes staring questioningly at me.

Matteo.

Fuck, what do I say? I can't tell him the truth.

"Oh nothing, just grabbing some things from the first aid kit so I'll stop bleeding."

"Oh, you wonder why I'm bleeding? I got abused in my previous foster homes and that is also the reason why I don't trust you guys and flinch all the time."

Yeah, that wouldn't end well.

I guess I took too long to answer because he started to wave his hand in my face to try and get my attention.

I snap out of my trans and focus on Matteo.

"oh umm, I got thirsty and went down here to get some water." I finally spat out.

He looks at me doubting if he would trust my answer or not. He walks up to a cupboard and takes a glass and fills it with water from the sink. He then hands me the glass and walks upstairs. I believe I heard a small 'goodnight' leave his mouth but I'm not entirely sure.

When I'm sure his gone and I'm sure no one else is near and can jump out of nowhere and interrupt me. I poured out the water in the sink and put the glass in the dishwasher before I ran upstairs.

I quietly tip-toe up the stairs looking back the whole way up making sure no one sees me. But even tho my efforts I bumped into someone and I fall backward hitting my back into a wall I groan from the slight pain from a big wound I have in that right exact spot in the middle of my spine. I can feel the blood rubbing off on the wall.

I look up to see a worried-looking pair of twins.

Why do they look worried?

-Your imagining things.

-Nobody loves you.

-You're worthless.

-How stupid of you to think they care.

-You probably look super weak right now.

"Are you alright Nick?" Alex said reaching out his hand for me to grab.

"I'm fine," I answer getting up on my own.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Why are you sorry? We were the ones who ran into you." Austin said.

"Sorry."

"Stop saying sorry weirdo," Austin said again.

Fucking Bitch.

"Shut up," Alex whispered to Austin, but I still heard them." it's fine Nick, you didn't do anything wrong."

"i-I'll head off to my room now if that is ok," I say feeling the blood starting to drip and run down my back slowly.

I need to clean this cut, now.

"yeah, of course," he said smiling at me.

"Thanks," I say not making eye contact, and then run past them and sprint into the room at the end of the corridor.

I close the door behind me and run into the bathroom. I quickly lock the door and throw off my hoodie on the ground and start packing lots of toilet paper on the wounds and wipe off as much blood as possible, then I threw it in a paper bin next to the door.

I'll have to remember to throw that out later.

I keep on wiping off the blood and cleaning all the wounds for another hour or so. When I'm finally done I have a huge mountain of bloody toilet paper pushed into the little bin.

I take out the bandages and all that stuff from my pockets. I start by bandaging my upper body to stop the bleeding on my back. Then I start to deal with the smaller wounds working myself down all the way to my legs. This takes another half an hour or so.

When I'm finally done I'm really tired. I look out the little window on the wall and I can see that it is already sunny outside.

Is it already morning?

I got the answer to my question pretty quickly when I heard a light knock on the bedroom door. I put on my hoodie again and ran to open it. Standing there was a way to excited-looking Lucas. He was practically jumping up and down.

"it's your first breakfast here!" he said.

"how much is the clock..?" I say trying to rub the tiredness out of my eyes.

He pointed to the wall behind me.
06:30 AM!? Why so early? I guess I really was up all night.

"let's go!" Lucas screamed still super energetic. He grabbed my arm and I flinched. I don't think he noticed tho.

-Why would he care about you?

-Stop getting your hopes up.

-You are so stupid.

-I bet they regret finding you.

Oh shut up, it's not like I want to be here anyways.

Lucas drags me down the stairs on our way to the kitchen. I have been trying to free myself the whole way there even though I know it's to no use. Is this man built out of stone or something?

We finally arrived at the kitchen and once again, all eyes went on me. Jasper saw me trying to get out of Lucas's grip and said.

"Lucas, let go of Nickólas arm. You're hurting him." Jasper was holding a cup of something that he took a sip of after he said that.

Lucas immediately let go and looks at me with sorry written all over his face.

"I'm so so so sorry Nick! I didn't notice."

"It's fine," I say.

He smiles at me and starts to walk closer to me in an attempt to hug me. But as you probably already know, I don't like people touching me. So I HATE hugs.

I back away from him immediately and I can see the hurt look on his face. Now I feel bad.

-Don't, it is just one of their tricks.

-They are 'trying' to make you feel bad.

-You are so stupid.

-How could you even fall for that?

We are finally able to take a set. I sat down next to Jasper and Alex today. But something is missing. Or more, someone.

Michael.

"Where is Michael?" I ask no one in particular.

"yeah, where is Michael?" Alex backed up, confirming my observation of him being missing.

"He Is probably still in bed sleeping." Jasper answer.

"Nickólas, can you get him?" He asks.

"Uhh, sure," I say not really knowing if I have a choice or not.

"Alright, thank you." I just nod in response.

I stand up and run up the stairs not wanting to keep them waiting and waste their time.

I maybe hate them, but I have learned in previous 'homes' to never keep the owner waiting.

Never.

When I get up I peak through the doors not knowing which door leads to his room. I eventually find it. He is laying in his bed breathing heavily.

I walk over to the bed and shake him to wake him up.

He flies up from the bed and looks at me with wide eyes which scares me a little, to be honest. When he sees that I am scared his eyes immediately soften and he said.

"Sorry querido, you just surprised me a little. Do you need anything?"

"umm no, or yes, it is time for breakfast and Jasper told me to bring you." I don't know why but I always seem to get nervous when someone asks me a question. I know why I came here but I still question my answer a bit.

"Alright, tell him I'll be down in a second." I nod at him and walk out of the room. But then I remembered something.

The bathroom.

I didn't throw away the bloody toilet paper earlier. I'll go do it quickly now.

I ran to the bathroom rather quietly so they wouldn't hear my stomping from upstairs. I open the door to my 'room' and then to the bathroom connected to it. I walk over to the bin and try to figure out what to do with it.

And what do I do?
I flush it down the toilet of course.

My first thought was to just leave it there but it would have been way too risky. What would I say if they found it?

"oh, it's nothing" Yeah, that excuse wouldn't have reached far at all.

I start to take paper and throw it in smaller amounts and then systematically flush it down the toilet. I was about halfway done when I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

Fuck.

"Hello? Nick, are you in there?" I think it was Alex who said.

"uhh, yeah! I'll be down soon!" I respond. It became quiet for a while but soon after I heard his footsteps walking away from the bathroom door and a door slamming shut right after.

I flush the rest down the toilet and close the toilet lid. I was about to walk out of the bathroom when I realize I had blood all over my hands.

*sigh

I walk over to the sink instead and wash my hands, but soon acknowledge that they are still waiting for me downstairs. Instead of drying my hands on a towel like a normal person a just open the door and run downstairs praying that the force from the wind will automatically dry them.

But I still had this nagging feeling I had forgotten something. Probably just my imagination.

I run down the stairs and sit down again.

"what took you so long?" Austin asked. Oh, how I hate that guy.

"I just needed to go to the bathroom." I said not adding too much detail to my explanation."

"But weren't you there before Lucas brought you down as well?" what's this guy's problem? He asks way too many questions for my liking.

And how did he know?

"yeah, and?" Austin rolled his eyes at my response.

"Well, where is he?" Austin asks.

"Where is who?" I asked stupidly, not exactly thinking through my answers before I said it.

"Michael, obviously." Austin said crossing his arms and rolling his eyes once again. Matteo gave Austin a serious look, which Austin ignored.

Prick.

"he said he will be down soon," I answer.

Not even a minute later we see Michael walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. He takes a seat next to Austin and everyone starts to eat. Or I just pick on my food not really feeling hungry. Jasper notices this and says.

"Nickólas, you have to eat your food." that caught everyone's attention and they are all staring at me now. What's their problem? Does this whole family have a staring problem or something?

"Not hungry." I simply answer.

"I know you're not but you have to eat."

I pick up my fork and knife and take one small bite. I take a couple more bites and the others seem to be satisfied with that and go back to their own food. I eat mine fast and just wait for the others to finish. When they finally do I ask to be excused from the table and Jasper dismisses me. But Michael stops me.

"Can you change to another pair of clothes? You have been wearing the same pair since you got here," he asked.

"This is all I have," I answer looking down in shame.

"yeah, no. We're going shopping." Matteo says.

I have never been shopping before. I wonder what it's like.

-Don't think they are trying to be nice

-They hate you.

-You are spending all their money.

"Everybody! Go and change we meet at the cars in five!" Michael shouts. Everybody runs up the stairs except me, Michael, and Jasper because we are already done.

But then we hear a scream.

"What the fuck!?" it was Austin.

We run up the stairs to see the others standing at the end of the corridor looking at something.

"What is it?" Jasper asks.

"why did you scream?" said Michael clearly distressed.

"oh I don't know, maybe look at the wall!"

We all turn our heads to where Austin was pointing. We were met with a rather disturbing sight. Blood smushed on the wall, my blood.

Uh oh.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is a little longer than the others I have written so far but I hope you like it. I'm thinking of having a chapter being a flashback from Nick's trauma. But I'm not sure yet.

And please don't forget to comment, vote, and follow. It would mean a lot to me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

994K 26.1K 77
What happens when Lily Knight an innocent, shy girl, 16 yrs old abused throughout her life met with her brothers who lost her when she was just 4. B...
73.8K 1.5K 43
Gemma was five when she was kidnapped. Her nanny was just a few feet away picking up Renzo's favorite salad dressing. Gemma was grabbed from behind o...
14.9M 458K 32
"We can't do this." I whisper as our lips re-connect, a tingling fire surging through my body as his hands ravage unexplored lands; my innocence di...
11.9K 655 60
Everyone was charmed by Leo's bright smile but behind it all, he could barely keep it together inside. From taking care of his sick mother to sufferi...