Double fire🔥

By _queenziraa

She breathes fire 🔥 He breathes fire🔥 The word 'detest' isn't enough to describe what these two have for... More

//1-pt1//:Graduation
//1pt2//: Graduation
//2//:Last day
//3//:Farewell Motherland
//4//:Shopping Spree
//5//:New Year, New Beginning
//6//: New York City
//7//: Invited and Univited guests
//8//: Down the Streets of the City
//9//:Together for good
//10//:Fashion Week
//11//:Home Sweet Home
//12//:First day at home
//13//:Revelations
//14//:Bully
//15//:Wedding bells
//16//:Refueling Danger and Trouble
//17//:A Night in the comfort of the street
//18//:This love thing
//19//:Sacrifices and Alliance
//20//:Thunderstorms
//21//:Lifesavers
//22/:Fashion Exhibition and Fashion Show
//23//:Preparations and Arrangements
//24//:Events
//25//:Nikkah
//26//:Supposed couples
//27//: Somewhat Euphoric
//28//:Baba Kaka
//29//:Emotional Turmoil
//30//:Birthday disaster
//31//:Entangled love
//33//:Violence 2.0
//34//:Verily,each soul shall taste death
//35//: Unleashing the Dragon
//36//: Where they tell their stories
//37//: Where they tell their stories 2
//38//: Forgive and Forget
//39//: Fire on Fire
//40//: Despair
//41//: Beauty in Red
//42//: From him we are and to him we shall return
//43//: Goodbye Sanity
//44//: Numbness
//45//: SA
//46//: J'taime Mie Amour
//47//: Reincarnation
Characters
//48//: Revelations of Mysteries
//49//: More Secrets
//50//: Calm before the storm
//51//: Havoc/Mayhem/Massacre
//52//: Non-existent
//53//: Self-Defence
//54//: Unalive
//55//: Adieu
//56//: Princess
//57//: Pure love
//58//: Moving on
//59//: FAROOQ'S POV
//60//: Double Fire
Epilogue

//32//: Jannah's birthday lunch

305 42 0
By _queenziraa

SABRINA'S POV
7TH MAY,2018.
ABUJA,NIGERIA.

"Keep your head straight." The photographer motioned me as I fixed my posture to that of a giraffe. I have to admit, photo shoots are great but with the exception of morphing your body into animal breeds.

We were having a photo shoot session for Mimi's new office collection starring her, Kubra and I. Just like how we formally do in LA, the three of us having photo shoots sessions. The only difference is the penetrating heat here in Nigeria.

Today is also Jannah's birthday. Her first birthday since we reunited after about six years or so.

So we planned a lunch date for our whole squad at Nosh Temple —Farida's restaurant. Mufid reserved the whole restaurant just for us. Why did he? Only he can answer that question. He has been slightly different. I don't see him talking to five different girls on different phones neither do I hear him talking about them. He's been calm. But still has his rude arrogant attitude for sure.

"Done."

Letting out a sigh of relief, I took off the cat eyed shades and tossed it to one of the editors before removing the blazer. "Who's hungry?"

"I definitely am." Kubra answered with a tired voice. The girl has been stressed out for almost two weeks now. I don't blame her, she's the latest bride in town. You heard me right.

Saif had sent his elders to ask for her hand in marriage about two weeks ago and everything went smoothly. Matter of fact, her parents were overjoyed because everyone knew about their love story ever since we were in high school. My parents, hers, his and everyone else. Tying the knot was the last thing that was left. I couldn't be more overwhelmed.

At least our two friends will finally live happily ever after.

Kubra though, hasn't been the best best friend in a long while now. She's always too busy with Saif, her career, business and whatnot. I'd call her almost every time to tell her about my problems or to seek for advice but she either declines or answers and apologise that she's busy. I keep giving her the benefit of the doubt because the last thing I would want is for the both of us to have a fight.

I wore the black denim jacket I had on previously. "Well then, off to Jannah's residence."

Mimi pressed on the doorbell for the third time before a butler dressed in a black suit welcomed us inside. "Can you tell Jannah we're here?" Kubra beamed widely as we made ourselves comfortable on the sofa.

The butler brought his eyebrows together as though he was confused. "Jannah?"

I cleared my throat and voiced out. "Firdaus." I corrected her. At home, they address Jannah by her real name. It reminds me of days where we would beg her grumpy Dad for her to attend school events and gatherings but the man would still refuse.

He never liked me. I, on the other hand never failed to tease or get on his nerves. It brings me pure bliss seeing the old man's veins pop out. The number of times his stick came with contact with my head is definitely uncountable.

The man was the main reason Jannah and her family disappeared from the face of planet earth despite all searching. I still am very shocked that he decided to give his children they were deprived from after six long years. His overprotective and grumpy nature will be the death of him.

Donned in a Yves Saint Laurent black baggy leather pants, an white Armani cotton turtle neck, a black Givenchy knee length jacket and a black cotton scarf wrapped around her head, she moseyed downstairs as her CHICO Xandra pointy toe kitten heels ankle boots made a clicking sound which was hard to not hear. "How do I look?" She twirled around not so carefully.

I rose to my feet as I analysed her. "Not a day less than seventy five."

She darted eyes at me as I rolled my eyes. Mimi  stared at her probably stunned by her choice of outfit. "Normally, girls dress like..what's the perfect word?—-umm girls!" Mimi pointed out.

Jannah shrugged. "What do you want me to wear? A huge Cinderella dress? Please—I'm not like you other girls, I'm Jannah the Viking." She exclaimed ironically.

Truth be told, Jannah has never been one to overreact on choice of clothing neither does she fancy dresses. If you see her wearing dresses or gowns then she was compelled to.

"Well then, Jannah the Viking, let's get going." Kubra said with a groan.

Jannah's mood dampened slightly as the smile she had on was quick to vanish. She scratched the nape of her neck. "About that..."

I know that about that from years back and it's never a good choice of phrase. It always lead to problems. "What?" I threw daggers her way.

"Don't tell me.." Kubra shook her head with a saddened expression.

"You didn't ask the old man for permission did you?" I thundered not so lightly. She slowly shook her head like a lizard. I let out a sigh of frustration as I flung my purse to God knows where.

"You are insane! You know that right? You are very crazy." Kubra spewed.

"I know I am. Why don't we all go and ask for his permission all together? Huh?"

I threw her an infamous glare. "You know we can't stand each other." I didn't even feel ashamed of voicing it out.

"Someone find me!" Mimi exclaimed. I sighed lightly then sat back down the carpet. "Jannah's father is a very overprotective and grumpy old man. Apparently, her and her siblings all fear the man but I have an exception."

"Have you even stayed in a room with him for just five minutes?" Jannah scoffed because her dad was one heck of an intimidating man.

Mimi flipped her fake hair instantly. "I have stayed in a room with Farooq Khaleed for more than an hour. And I'm still alive." She boasted. I stared at her like she just lost it.

Jannah nodded in agreement. "True, he is one intimidating man." I have come to a conclusion that I'm the only person that's unaffected by the man's so-called intimidating and fearful nature. He intimidates me. Yes. I can't deny that. But do I make it obvious? No. I swallow it and replace it with my hardcore expression.

"...and a good looking man." Mimi gushed.

"With blue eyes!"

"It's blue greyish eyes." I cleared my throat looking anywhere but their faces knowing I won't hear the end of it.

"Just a month and some weeks but you've mastered everything about him, huh?" Jannah chuckled which I just shrugged off. He is the last person I wanted to talk about.

After our fight, on the day his friends came over. We've been pretty much ignoring each other. Point of correction, I have been ignoring him considering he's always the one to act oblivious about my presence. I never fail to greet him and prepare food for him though.

Also his coffee that I assume he's addicted to.

Nevertheless, after breakfast, we go to work and live our normal lives just as it were before we got married.

I flickered my eyes as I folded my hand on my chest in defense. "I'm just stating the obvious. You would've known that if you looked closely. Now shall we go meet the old man , or we should continue conversing on men's eye color?"

                                       _*_

The old man removed his spectacles as he took in our figures one by one with his big brown eyes. Slowly, he closed the newspaper he was reading or permit me to say trying to read.

"Good Afternoon, Baba." Mimi and Kubra squatted down to pay their respects to him. They couldn't even look him straight in the eye.

He frowned slightly as his eyes surveyed them carefully. "Kubra, right?" She nodded. He averted his gaze back to Mimi as though waiting for her to introduce herself.

"I'm Mi—em. I'm Mimi, sir." She stuttered. It was so obvious she couldn't handle the man's mere presence. He gave the both of them a nod before shifting his gaze back to the mighty Dragon.

Instead of squatting to greet, I grinned mischievously and took the chair opposite him. He deepened his frown. Just then, I had no doubt that he had recognised me. Because who dares to sit when he's also sitting down except me? "You are the daring dull witted girl! Sabrina!" He darted his eyes at me.

I placed my palm on my chest. "The old man recognised me. I really missed your grumpy nature too old man!"

"Your mouth is still as sharp as it was-"

"-sharper than it was."

"The girl that influenced my Firdaus to break my rules and jump over fences."

"The man that took my Jannah away to an unknown country for years in the process depriving her of her freedom and happiness." I shot back. He stared at me for a while with a sad expression then looked away.

The Mr Al-Qasim I knew years back would've called security to throw me out immediately but seeing as he isn't doing that, I guess he truly has changed.

"Sabrina—" Jannah began as she noticed the regretful expression her father held. Was that going to be enough to make me keep quiet? Quite the opposite.

I shook my head then fixated my eyes on him. "Do you even know how she felt for all these years? You took her away from her friends, away from basketball, away from me. And I doubt if you have apologized to her. Who am I kidding, I know you haven't." I threw my hands in the air with a slight shrug.

"If you think you can do as you please with her just because she's your daughter then I beg your pardon but you're wrong."

I heard stiffened sobs behind me. I cocked my head backwards just to be met with a crying Kubra. My ever so emotional best friend. Jannah on the other hand, stood quietly like a soldier waiting for an order. She kept her head low but I surely didn't miss the tear that slipped down her cheek.

"You might label me as the girl that influenced your daughter—forgive me—but I guess you were too focused on the girl you were trying to mould that you didn't see the real Jannah—-"

"—I'm sorry." My hear skipped a beat. Di—did Mr Al-qasim just apologize? Today has to be opposite day because it came as a huge shock.

He let out a sigh he seemed to have been holding for a long time. "Yes, you heard right. I, Al-qasim apologize to you. I was wrong. I was always wrong. Your mother tried so hard to make me understand but my arrogance got in the way. I'm sorry my Firdaus."

Jannah rushed over to him and wiped away the tears that were now rushing down his cheeks. "No, Baba. I've forgiven you a long time ago." She shook her head as she gave him a long tight hug.

I doubt she's ever given him a hug before because even a blind person could see that it was new to both of them.

I was supposed to ask for permission from him to allow her to leave the house but I decided to turn the tables. I couldn't battle my subconscious no more. I have been holding the pain for too long.

Firdaus Jannah Al-Qasim has been a very good person not even a friend. I hold her dear to my heart because she's one of the few persons that forced me to chase my basketball dream in high school. We were nemesis. We made the perfect team. Most of the times, Kubra would even get jealous.

"So the old man cries, huh?" I murmured but it went heard by him. He removed his spectacles and grabbed his stick.

I took a step back stiffening down my laughter. "Sorry now, I thought we were friends now." I pouted with a slight grin plastered on my lips.

He narrowed his eyes playfully at me. I moved forward and patted his bald head when he used his stick on my own forehead. "Crazy girl!"

"That hurts you know. But don't worry I forgive you."

"Umm..Baba I was wondering if I could spend half of the evening with my friends?" Jannah mustered up some courage to ask.

"You think he'll agree?" Kubra whispered into my ear.

"Does he even have a choice. He knows how adamant I can be." I whispered back giving her a low five.

Mr Al-Qasim slipped his hands into his pocket trousers and brought out his platinum card. "Bills on me." He stretched his hand to give her when I swiped it away with a mischievous grin.

Jannah threw a glare my way because God knows she was eager to empty the card before dusk. "Tsk tsk tsk. You're the best , Baba." I beamed wiggling my eyebrows when he hit me with the stick again.

"Let's go guys." They all thanked him one after the other. As we were sauntering towards the exit,he called out Jannah's name. She halted at her tracks then turned to face him. He smiled for the first time since we arrived. "Happy Birthday."

A tear slipped down her cheek as she sniffed. "Thank you, Baba. It means a lot coming from you." He has actually never wished her on her birthday. I understand where the tears were coming from.

He simply nodded. With that they left the room leaving me there as I had just finished tying back my shoelace. "Thank you Sabrina." He said.

"For?" I questioned with a small smile.

"Making me realize my mistake before it was too late."

I widened my smile. "It's fine. You missed me didn't you?"

He chuckled lowly then nodded. "I sure did. Do make sure to visit once in a while. My regards to your husband."

How did he know I was married? Oh yeah. He's friends with my father. It completely skipped my mind.

I replied with a simple nod.

_________________________________

"Happy birthday, Jannah." Saif wished her as he took a seat next to Kubra, sharing a beam with her. Three boys, and five girls. The entire restaurant was rented for the evening.

"Why thank you, Groom."

"You should've worn a dress." Mufid stared at her from head to toe.

"You do not own my wardrobe." She snapped with a hot glare. He gave her a good stare before raising his hands up in defeat. "I'm sorry then."

My cousin, Mufid, just apologized to Jannah? It's most definitely going to snow in Nigeria today. People just keep surprising me. Jannah herself seemed to be taken aback for some time before she swallowed thickly then gave him a nod.

"Can we start eating already?" I shouted not so loudly though.

"We're hungry ." Mimi whined for the umpteenth time today. She ought to be hungry. Ever since Adam joked about her getting chubby she took it to heart and have been depriving herself of a stable breakfast. Mimi tried so much to eat light and avoid anything that will make her even slightly chubby.

I hate seeing her that way. She was bullied a lot about her weight before. Now that she's slightly slimed down, she's obsessed with her perfect pear shaped body.

Farida strode out of the kitchen with her waiters as they served us with lots of food. Poor Mufid, he's paying for everything.

We ate loudly and even invited Farida to eat with us which she accepted. We talked about everything and nothing. I have to admit that I miss days which I spent with my friends and siblings. My pre-celebrity era was epic. With the exception of having my parents around, it was one of the best time of my life.

I used to see my friends everyday at school after school we go to Islamiya along with my siblings.I basically grew up with these people, although, I wished I had met Mimi and Farooq's sisters earlier. My life was good back then.

But now, I'm trapped in a marriage that has no possible way out. Not like I had a choice.

"Sabrina are you blind?" Adam snapped that was when I realized that I was lost in thought and was using a fork to eat soup.

"Are you stupid?" I fired back with slightly narrowed eyes.

"Woah! No bad energy here." I hissed and continued devouring my food quietly as they engaged their selves in a conversation or two.

"Let's play games you guys." Kubra suggested.

I dropped my spoon and leaned back on my chair. "We're not in high school." I honestly don't know what's wrong with me. I knew I was acting off and somewhat rude but frankly I don't know what's up with me. I promise I'm not even on my period.

I kept my head straight and furthered my surfing on Instagram. I didn't miss the glare she pressed on me but I just shrugged it off.

"Let's unfold secrets we hid from each other in high school. How about that?" Jannah grinned clapping her hands together in glee.

I looked up at them then rolled my eyes. "Wouldn't that be awesome?" My voice poured with nothing but pure sarcasm. They ignored me again and I couldn't be more glad. Allah knows if they stop to pay heed to me then it will only resolve to a fight.

"Jannah, go first." Saif gave her a go ahead.

"I started the rumor of Tessa being the slut of the set." There eyes widened in shock. Oh please, no surprise there. I and Tessa hated each other but we were still cool sometimes. Jannah on the other hand, always despised her guts because she dated Mufid before her. She probably still does. I really don't care.

"Kubra."

"I never really liked Jannah in junior school because I had this idea that she was trying to steal Sabrina from me."

"It was pretty obvious." Adam laughed out loud along with the others. It actually was. At some point I was just being extremely close to Jannah so I could see her burn in fury which she exactly did.

"Really?" She pouted as they all nodded their heads bursting into fits of laughter.

"Adam."

"I was the guy that called those cultists to beat up Kamal and his friends after the Sabrina incident." This time I looked up as it was the first one that actually stunned me.

I raised a brow to inquire more. "We all knew except you." He poked me on my forehead.

"Yes, we did." Mufid nodded.

"Your turn, Mufid."

"Amongst all the twenty one girls I had dated in high school, I only loved one." He admitted with a straight-forwarded expression that left no room for jests.

"He dated that amount of girls?" Harisa cracked up again. "I think it's even more than that." Kubra whispered.

"Who was she?" Jannah asked almost in a whisper but due to how silent the place was, we all heard her. Her eyes were glued on him and it didn't waver not even for a second.

"It was you." He dropped the bomb. I knew it was her. Maybe still is. No, they are still in love. I know it. They have to be. How could I have been this blind not to have realized?

Jannah let out a cough as Mufid immediately passed her a glass of water as she gulped it down. "Are you okay?" She licked her bottom lips then slowly nodded. I was far from them but I'm sure her heartbeat wasn't beating at it normal rate.

"Moving on, my ever so loving Fiancé, your turn." Kubra said as the corner of her lips quirked up.

"This is going to be the hardest." He sat up closely taking a glass of water.

"And why is that?" Mimi asked.

"I assure you, It will." He fixated his gaze on me giving me a puzzled look with I couldn't figure out what it meant. I had started becoming anxious already because with the way he's looking at me, I know it has something to do with me.

"Go on."

"In high school, my first true love wasn't Kubra. Kubra was my second love. My first love was Sabrina."

That did it. I started coughing harshly because my throat itself was bitter. Jannah passed me a bottled water but I was quick to push it away. "Those sorts of jests do not fit you, Saif."

"I'm not joking, Sabrina. And I'm almost a hundred percent sure that everyone here that attended the same high school knew except you."

"Stop it, Saif. Just stop it." This time I was on my feet cause if this was a joke. It wasn't funny.

Kubra sighed, "He's not lying. You were his first. I don't actually see how you can't remember." I drew my brows closer to each other as I was very confused and lost.

What are they talking about? That Saif's first love was me and not Kubra? No, that's not possible.

"What do you mean?" I found myself asking.

"Year eight. At the bleachers, after the football tournament, he approached you and confessed his feelings but you had just laughed and walked away." Jannah started, stretching her hands a bit.

"Second term, he told me about how he felt towards you. Of course I was crushed because my crush had just indirectly turned me down. Nevertheless, I still helped him prepare a valentine package with all your favorite things. But you wanna know what you did?" Kubra raised a brow as if asking for my permission before she continued. I didn't reply. I just kept mute.

"You collected the package, walked away without even thanking him or even acknowledging his presence."

"Let's not forget the surprise birthday party we assisted him with at the cafeteria. The place was all decked up with different shades of blue. I can never forget how hard we tried to make it look perfect." Mufid let out a sad chortle as he averted his gaze towards me.

"Immediately you got there, you asked who prepared everything. Jannah told you it was Saif, so you assumed it was your elder brother Arif who also bears the same name as Saif. When I told you it was the other Saif, you laughed at both our faces saying he was too reserved to plan such a big party." Adam finished with a low tone.

"When I realized that no matter how much I tried to express myself, you'd always take me as a joke, then I let it go." Saif stretched his lips into a sad smile.

Farida raised her hands up as she continued to eat her food, indicating that she had something to say. "Kubra would always talk about how Saif puts a lot of effort just for you to accept him. I even told you that he had feelings for you but you didn't listen." Farida was always more like a sister than she was a maid in Kubra's house. We even went to the same high school though she was two years ahead. Same set as the guys.

After all their long speeches, I was beyond speechless. I was lost of words but I certainly felt like turning back time and correcting my mistakes.

Saif loved me.

The frustrating part is that I couldn't even remember most of these events. If only I had payed heed to him and took his feelings seriously, maybe, just maybe I would've been the one in Kubra's shoe today. Getting all the care and affection from one of sweetest man I know.

He is, without a doubt, the nicest man I know. Saif was always the calm and matured one. The friend that always tried to keep us out of trouble even though it meant putting himself in trouble. He is someone that puts others feelings ahead of his.

I would have been the luckiest girl on earth only if I had listened. I would forever regret what I did to him. If only I knew...

I hate my self for it. I freaking hate myself.

I covered my mouth with my palm as I felt my body reddening slightly increasing in temperature. "I'm sorry, Saif. I swear by Allah I didn't know—God I'm such a bad person." I shook my head as I turned to leave but I was dragged back by Mimi who embraced me in a hug I really needed.

"You are not a bad person." Saif spoke out loud.

I rested my head on Mimi's shoulders with my hands covering my eyes. "I would never hurt you on purpose. Anyone but you, Saif."

"It's okay. Stop apologizing, at least now I have Kubra by my side till eternity." He grinned widely.

I looked up to meet Kubra's gaze. I held her hands tightly. "Kubra, I'm very sorry. You watched him love me and you even helped him despite having feelings for you."

"Hey, you're my best friend. And nothing and no one can change that." She gave me a tight hug.

I was still not okay.

How I wished they hadn't play this game. This adds up to my list of traumatizing events. Now no matter how I try to push away the thought, it's forever stuck in my head.

I will never forgive my self.

"Cheer up Dragon, it's my birthday remember!" Jannah exclaimed loudly making everyone burst into fits of laughter. Mine was fake though. I glanced at Saif just to catch him staring at me too. I quickly looked away.

________________________________

22ND DAY OF FASTING (RAMADAN)

I arranged the dining table with the Iftar dishes here and there. I was able to prepare everything just in time because Farooq stepped into the house just after Magrib prayer.

This is my first Ramadan married. And it hella feels off and weird. Maybe because we're just two in number and we can't stand each other's presence.

Well I can stand his. I honestly like it when he's around. The level of boredom that kills me in this huge house forced me to miss his arrogant self. Yes, he's rude and isn't interested in having a conversation with me but him being around most of time makes me happy. I don't know why though.

Boredom?

Yeah, that's probably it.

"Iftar Mubarak." I beamed, he nodded. Just as he's been doing for the past ten days. He wasn't around for the first twelve days of the month. The guy didn't even bother telling me where he was and It would most definitely sting to ask. Well good thing he appeared on my Instagram story a good number of times.

Before we got married, Mrs Mahir forced both of us to follow each other on Instagram so it wouldn't look suspicious to the general public.

"How was work?" I found myself asking. Why do I talk too much? The stupid mouth seems to never shut up.

He raised a brow as he averted his gaze towards me. "Good." If I didn't expect him to ask me back then it probably wouldn't have hurt. But it sadly did.

He continued eating his food quietly. I was done before him so I took my used plates to the kitchen. "You do know that one leg of your trouser is raised up, right?" He pointed out though his eyes were still placed on his MacBook.

That was when I realized what I was wearing. I was wearing an electric blue sweatshirt and sweatpants. One leg was raised up to my knee while the other stopped at my ankle. I always made sure my hair was covered when I was in presence.

Why?

I know it's halal and all for him to see my hair but ever since I laid eyes on Neelam's hair, I had promised myself never to put mine on display.

Her soft silky hair was of course something to be jealous about. It resembles that of the fulanis maybe even silkier. Her hair is just like Mrs Mahir's hair. Mine was like that years back. Till I decided to straighten it. No, I've never used relaxer on my hair and will never, but the amount of time I have straightened it made it remain that way.

It still is extremely soft, it's just not as silky.

I walked up to him I placed my leg on the chair next to him. "You see, this is what I call Sabrina's evolutionary glammed up trouser style."

He guest of stared at me like I had lost it completely then murmured, "Just when I thought she was gaining a bit of sense."

"I heard that!" I exclaimed loudly.

"I know you did, Adila." The way the name rolls out of his mouth makes it sound like the sweetest names on earth.

"St-stop calling me that." I stuttered still affected by the name.

"Sure, Adila."

"You think I'm crazy? Well might I enlighten you on how totally insane and weird you are!" I pointed at the door. I mentally faced palmed myself for not pointing at him. He stared at me then tilted his head towards where I pointed then back to me. I used my other hand to drag my hand to point back at him.

"You are just as crazy as I am."

He looked at me like I was crazy. "You never do fail to make a fool of yourself." He returned his gaze back to his MacBook.

"Do you watch Indian movies?" I questioned taking the seat next to him to have a perfect view of the screen.

He glanced at me, with slightly narrowed eyes. Calm down, we are not sitting that close to each other. "I watch horror movies."

"Aww. You love seeing your lookalikes there, don't you?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

He paused from typing whatever boring essay he was writing then turned to face me. It somehow made my heartbeat increase."The thing is that, I have this crazy wife that runs her mouth like there is no tomorrow. She's also very ugly. So I watch those movies to have a glimpse of what she looks like once in a while." He spoke with a tone that was slightly lower and deeper than his usual voice.

It's meant to be an insult then why am I in a barricade of confused emotions. I tried to control my rapid breathing and I thank Allah that it wasn't visible. "It warms her heart that her husband loves seeing her face that often." I tilted my head sideways stretching my lips into a wide smile. My dimples did justice as I felt it becoming even deeper.

He was taken aback by my sudden reaction. He expected an insult or another crazy comment surely but didn't get one. He turned back to his screen. I then decided to tell him about my day even though I'm most certain he didn't want to hear.

"Then I dragged the girl back very harshly by her shirt—"

"—-then slapped her?" He surprisingly questioned still focused on what he was writing.

I shook my head, "I was fasting so I told her that the next time I see her I would sure make sure to give her a tight slap."

"Sounds like something foolish you're capable of." He nonchalantly replied.

I stood up to get a glass of raspberry juice when I realised that he was now currently on a video call. Due to how professional he sounds, I'm certain it's business related.

"I would prefer to chose a date for the meeting at Maroudi." Farooq suggested to his business partner, I assume.

Just then, I saw something what looked like his phone. It has to be his. It's all black with no glint of lighting.

An idea came up.

I picked his phone, then tapped on the controller of the tap in the sink for it to release water. "Hey jerkilace, look what I have here?" I waved his phone in my hand.

"Drop it." He ordered.

"Excuse me?" The caller had asked him. This is going to be fun.

"Not you, sir."

"Should I drop it inside the sink? Okay." I put the phone very close to the sink it was remaining small for it to come in contact with the rushing water.

"Are you out of your mind?" He thundered at me slightly narrowing his eyes. Finally got a glare today. Now this feels normal.

"Mr Khaleed, are you in your right senses?" Now that the caller was more audible, I could pick out his Korean accent.

"I am—okay I really want you to die right now." He threw daggers my way as I juggled his phone up and down,wiggling my eyebrows and sticking my tongue out.

"I think this call was bad idea—"

"—look here sir—"

"No. I'll find another contractor who is actually serious in what he does!" The Korean man exclaimed with that, he cut the call on him.

I burst out laughing as I clutched my stomach due to the immense laughter. I placed his phone on the counter. He let out a loud groan of frustration as he flung his MacBook away making it come in hard contact with the marbled tile.

That was enough to halt my chortling. I think he's really angry. What have I done? I bit my lower lip to ease the tension I was feeling within. "You." He glowered at me and I could clearly see the anger in his eyes. This is my perfect opportunity to run away or else they'll be a report of a husband murdering his wife.

I attempted running away but he had a tight grip of my left arm which he wasn't willing to let go. I wiggled my hand out of it. The way his entire gaze was on me wasn't comforting. It was a lot scary. Now I regret pulling that on him.

I started taking steps back but he only moved forward in sync till I hit my back on the wall. Here we were, just a foot away from each other. My heart was bitting hardly against my rib cage. "Do you know how hard I tried to secure that contract?" His voice came out so deep that I wanted to bury my body beneath.

Slowly, I shook my head as I continued to chew on my bottom lip. "If I knew, I wouldn't have done that." I tried running away but he entrapped me with his arms. Both left and right.

Basically, I'm being pinned against the wall. It never ends well. So I've heard.

He closed the gap between us, now we could both hear each other's breathing. His was nothing but fire. I'm dead meat tonight. "Farooq please—"

He slipped a hand around my waist and that did it. My toes curled beneath my socks as my heart hammered against my poor rib cage. His other hand was used to brush my cheek. "Open your eyes, Adila." He demanded with utmost seriousness.

I shook my head because any further movement would mean our face will come in contact. That's the last thing I wanted. "Look at me." He snapped this time around which made me to flick my eyes open just to come in contact with his.

I couldn't feel my feet anymore. I was about to come thudding to the ground when he held me up with a hand on my waist while the other squeezed tight my left arm. "Not so fast. Where do you think you're going?"

I bit on my lip even harder to ease the pain he was inflicting on my left arm. "Let go of me, you're hurting me." I winced in pain as I struggled out of his reach but it was all in vain as he only increased the pressure he had on it.

"Never cross my path again or else I'll make sure you regret it." He pressed on my arm hard. I scrunched my face sideways because I felt as though I was being stabbed repeatedly with a knife.

"Farooq, you're hurting me."

That's pretty much what he's been doing ever since we met. He hurts me. I may not show it but every word he utters is hurtful.

He adds up to the list that always makes me feel unwanted. He acts as though my presence irks him the most and wants nothing to do with me.

Reminds me of a certain someone.

"Damn it, please let go of my hand. Please-" After my wails and shouting, he released the hand and walked away not before telling me to stay away from him.

This time, I will.

Remind me to cut myself once I'm in the confines of my bedroom.

________________________________

END OF CHAPTER

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1.6K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...
10.4K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...
7.5K 632 30
"Habiba?" He stares at her dark orbs searching for the familiarity in them. "It's Hanan!" "Lies." He mutters taking a step closer, he reaches for he...
61.6K 3.6K 70
There is nothing like first love but then there is nothing like true love also. A love that stands there for you even in the worst times, that is wha...