His Dove (Loki Laufeyson)

By nottaweirdo

Danielle Stark is a 24yo genius, though she refuses to follow in her big brother's footsteps. She wants to bl... More

Part 1 (Design Flaw)
Part 2 (Ultron)
Part 3 (Loki)
Part 4 (Playing Nice)
Part 5 (Babysit)
Part 6 (Job Opportunity)
Part 7 (Assassin)
Part 8 (Softy Side)
Part 9 (Abilities)
Part 10 (Natural Family)
Part 11 (Trust & Defense)
Part 12 (Soon)
Part 13 (Agent)
Part 14 (The Date)
Part 15 (My Lady)
Part 16 (I Do)
Part 17 (Jotuns)
Part 18 (Ride or Die)
Part 19 (The Truth)
Part 20 (Unblocked)
Part 21 (Doctor)
Part 22 (Asgard)
Part 23 (Loki's POV)
Part 24 (Explanation)
Part 25 (The Consort Suite)
Part 26 (Eir & Fafnir)
Part 27 (Dinner)
Part 28 (Loki's POV)
Part 29 (Frigga)
Part 30 (Mind Magic)
Part 31 (The Next Morning)
Part 32 (Overthinking)
Part 33 (The Village Whispers)
Part 34 (Location Spell)
Part 35 (Taken)
Part 36 (Glass)
Part 37 (Run)
Part 38 (Loki's POV)
Part 39 (Nightmare)
Part 40 (Healing)
Part 41 (Betrothed)
Part 42 (Leaving)
Part 43 (Prisoner)
Part 44 (Team Cap)
Part 45 (The Airport)
Part 46 (Burn)
Part 47 (The Villain)
Part 48 (The Story)
Part 50 (Sigurd)
Part 51 (All Yours)
Part 52 (Thor)
Part 53 (Loki's POV)
Part 54 (Fjolnir)
Part 55 (In Love)
Part 56 (Journal)
Part 57 (Book)
Part 58 (Enchanted)
Part 59 (Loki's POV)
Part 60 (Visions)
Part 61 (Soft)
Part 62 (Wedlock)
Part 63 (Dragon Child)
Part 64 (Loki's POV)
Part 65 (Scared)
Part 66 (Birthday)
Part 67 (Princess)
Part 68 (Feeling Off)
Part 69 (Loki's POV)
Part 70 (Christmas Eve)
Part 71 (Presents)
Part 72 (Talk)
Part 73 (Green)
Part 74 (Sigyn)
Part 75 (The Allfather)
Part 76 (Vanaheim)
Part 77 (Loki's Visit)
Part 78 (Peace)
Part 79 (Necklace)
Part 80 (Second Visit)
Part 81 (Anything for You)
Part 82 (Home)
Part 83 (Company)
Part 84 (Loki's POV)
Part 85 (Insatiable)
Part 86 (Elias)
Part 87 (Loki's POV)
Part 88 (Apologies)
Part 89 (The Bird)
Part 90 (The Baby)
Part 91 (Baby)
Part 92 (Armored)
Part 93 (Ballpoint Pen)
Part 94 (Surprise)
Part 95 (Loki's POV)
Part 96 (Say Yes to Me)
Part 97 (Birds)
Part 98 (Throne)
Part 99 (Unsure)
Part 100 (Wed)
Part 101 (The Feast)
Part 102 (The Balcony)
Part 103 (Goodbyes)
Part 104 (Fallen)
Part 105 (The Vanir)
Part 106 (Compromise)
Part 107 (Nothing to Fear)
Part 108 (Shadow)
Part 109 (Loki's POV)
Part 110 (On Purpose)
Part 111 (Training)
Part 112 (Hela)
Part 113 (Sakaar)
Part 114 (Ragnarok)
Part 115 (The Great Titan)
Part 116 (He's Gone)
Part 117 (Wakanda)
Part 118 (It's Okay)
Part 119 (The Head)
Part 120 (Six months)
Part 121 (Light of My Life)
Part 122 (Midgard)
Part 123 (Love & Deception)
Part 124 (Tell No One)
Part 125 (Let's Begin)
Part 126 (Giants)
Part 127 (The Team)
Part 128 (Smile)
Part 129 (Loki's POV)
Part 130 (Loki's POV)
Part 131 (Beautiful)
Part 132 (Epilogue)
Sequel Soon!!!
Sequel!!!

Part 49 (Come Back)

3.2K 126 8
By nottaweirdo

I spent another week on the run without incident, even managing to get a small, furnished studio apartment in Winnipeg. It was in a busy enough area that I could blend seamlessly with crowds, but simultaneously wasn't in the US, where my face had been plastered all over the news.

I had been relaxing in my apartment for the day, having only had it since the day prior, when I heard a banging on the door. I sprung up with my magic in my palms, but when I approached the door I already knew the energy on the other side.

I didn't answer for a second, until the banging came again. I stood closer to the door now, when a voice huffed.

"Alright, fine."

I almost thought he had given up, decided to leave. That was a stupid thought. When I turned around I bumped directly into a solid chest.

I instantly pushed myself back against the door, glaring at the dark-haired god who raised his eyebrows in response, clearly pleased he had surprised me.

"What are you doing here?" I spat.

"I could ask you the same question, dove." He responded, before smirking to himself. "Do you still wish for me to call you that?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at that, making his smirk widen to a smile.

"I wasn't sure if everyone was supposed to call you Enchantress, or if I got to be an exception." He hummed, taking a step forward.

"Leave." I responded. "I'm sure the future Mrs. would be rather displeased you've come here."

"I do hate to displease you, lovely." He teased, taking another step. He was now only centimeters from me, looking down at me. "I'm not marrying Sigyn. Had you calmed your temper for a moment and allowed me to explain, you would know that."

"Yet you're betrothed to her."

"An arrangement from many, many years ago. One which I've worked diligently to get appealed, as well." He responded nonchalantly. "When I came back to Midgard, I told you if you were to question anything you should question why it took me so long. I was negotiating with Sigyn's mother to absolve the betrothal."

"And..?" I felt myself whisper, not sure I had until it had already slipped from my mouth.

"And that negotiation was still in the works until after you left Asgard. It was never a question of us still getting married, but of what they wanted in compensation." Loki huffed. "Compensation I would have gladly paid a million times over to spend time with you."

I felt myself begin to get emotional once again, instantly brushing past Loki and pacing slightly, a desperate attempt to get any of my energy out.

"Were you ever going to tell me?"

"Of course I was." Loki said seriously, his facial expression seeming hurt. "I wouldn't have kept that from you, but when I came back I... I didn't want to inform you that I took everything so seriously, that I took us so seriously when we hardly knew each other, and then you came to Asgard and everything was so... overwhelming for you; I just.." He faded off his rambling, shaking his head. "I should have told you. I should have explained. I'm truly sorry I didn't. Forgive me, dove."

Loki followed me towards my bed, watching as I sat against my headboard and pulled my knees to my chest.

"Are you okay?" He asked now, silently scanning up and down my body for injuries.

"Don't." I warned as he continued to come closer. "Just don't."

"I understand you're angry with me, b-"

"I'm not angry with you." I whispered. "I just can't..." I looked at my palms, the gold swirls flying within them that I tried to dissolve.

"Ohhh." Loki hummed, now ignoring my plea to stay back. "Darling, it's okay. Just breathe." He placed his hands over mine slowly, closing my palms together. "It's common to struggle with control when learning magic. Magic and emotion are closely related." He hummed at me quietly, his voice an almost soothing whisper.

I shook my head and Loki's eyebrows furrowed.

"I hurt someone."

"An accident, I'm sure. You'll learn; you'll grow better at control."

I looked at him, stared really, for a moment before I shook my head again. "I-I don't think it was."

His head tilted, a silent question of what happened lingering in the air. "I assume this is how you coined your new name?"

I huffed. "I was so angry. I don't even know what I was doing but I... There was fire a-and he was on the ground, scared. Of me."

"Who?"

"Bucky." I responded. "He was so sweet and tried to take care of me and... it wasn't his fault." I said through tears. "And I freaked out because Steve didn't tell me, he could've told me. I didn't mean to hurt Bucky, but I-I-I wanted to hurt Cap."

Loki was thoroughly confused by my scrambled, puzzling admission. It was as if I could see the gears attempting to turn in his head. Nonetheless, he pulled me to his chest and rubbed my back, soothing whispers escaping his lips as his other hand found it's way to my hair.

It was only minutes before I managed to calm down and nearly fell asleep on Loki, but another presence approached, a familiar presence I already knew well. It sent me shooting out of the bed and spiraling once again.

"So that's why you came? To interrogate me for Thor? Keep me busy for him?" I questioned as I shot up from the bed, looking at Loki.

He went to follow, furiously shaking his head, but froze after a second. "Darling, calm down."

"What?"

"Your..." He licked his lips as he stared at me, his confusion now circling us. "Your eyes, love. You need to calm down."

I turned to the full-length mirror beside me bed, feeling myself grow increasingly uneasy. My eyes weren't their normal, icy blue color. Instead, they were dark, almost black around the edges with flickers throughout, but a deep bronze that melted to yellow closest to my pupil. They were a blaze all their own, melting and moving within my iris like lava.

"It's okay, dove. You're alright." Loki's voice broke through my shock, before I felt his hands slowly come to my shoulders. "It's okay."

I flinched out of his grip, completely terrified of hurting him. "Please don't. Please." I practically begged as I stepped away from him. Loki's hands went up, his palms facing me in surrender.

"You're not going to hurt me. It's okay." He said slowly, taking another step. "You're okay."

"Why'd you come here? For Thor?" I questioned now, continuing my retreat as he advanced slowly.

"I sent Thor for you days ago. He claimed he couldn't find you, that you were handling a 'family emergency' out of the city, but I knew that wasn't true. The Allfather believed it, but I knew better." Loki responded. "So I decided to come speak with you myself. The only way Odin would allow it was with Thor's supervision."

I gritted my teeth together, looking down to my feet. "Go let your brother in." I mumbled, knowing Thor had reached the hall to my apartment.

Loki huffed, walking passed me to the door and unlocking it.

"Hurry up, you mewling bilgesnipe."

Thor walked in, his frustration clouding the room. I refused to look at him, both as an act of frustration on my own part and a desire not to lose my cool, to keep my last few ounces of control.

"Do you any idea how scared I was!?" Thor questioned me loudly. I could tell Loki was unaware what his brother was talking about, because his confusion almost fought Thor's feelings for the room. "I come to Midgard to find you a wanted fugitive, villain of the avengers, and you jump off a skyscraper to avoid me?"

"Wait wh-" Loki stopped himself, what I could tell was an attempt to keep his own control. "Thor, leave her alone." He growled. "She does not need your scolding."

"She scared me! I thought I had just watched my best friend, my little sister, harm herself. Kill herself!" He raised his voice.

"It was an accident." I whispered, looking up to meet his eyes. "I didn't mean to go off the edge. I just didn't want to... I couldn't..." I huffed, making Loki finish my sentence.

"She was having lapses in control of her magic, brother." Loki's voice was soft, but harsh towards his brother nonetheless. He walked behind me, draping his hands on my hips and pulling my back to his chest. "She worries of harming someone."

"And the issues with your brother, fighting in the middle of an airport, breaking into the Raft?" Thor asked me. "You fought and injured a sentient infinity stone! Was that also an accident?"

"Come back to Asgard with me." Loki said quietly. I could tell he was still shocked and confused with the information he was being told, but he meant what he was saying whole heartedly. He wanted me to come with him, no further questions, even with Thor's accusations. "Please?" He whispered now, his lips pressed directly to my ear. "Come with me."

I turned my head to look at him, his eyes pleading his case even further. His hands were now holding me more firmly, as if he were afraid I'd run away.

I nodded, slowly, and Loki smiled at me.

"Let's get her back to the palace and allow her rest. I'm sure she has a good explanation for everything that has occurred." I knew what that last bit meant. Even if there wasn't a good explanation, Loki would create one. He'd manipulate any situation to be in my favor. "What do you need to take, love?"

I grabbed my bag from beside the bed, a Nike backpack with white lettering, which held everything I was carrying with me. "I'm ready." I hummed as I went to toss it over my shoulder, only for Loki to snatch it and do it himself. He seemed frustrated, but offered me a kind smile and a kiss on the temple as he guided me out the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 1.1K 25
This story takes place before Thor, so Loki doesn't know he's a frost giant and hasn't taken over Earth. Y/N Njorddottir - The goddess of love, beaut...
3.9K 199 25
Maybe you had fantasised way too much about your first field mission, but surely being kidnapped to another planet was never on your mind. Well, kidn...
148K 4.2K 43
"And no matter how much they fought, they would somehow be pulled back together, as if forced to reunite. Was it fate? Or just plain luck? Neither kn...
211K 8.8K 27
[ LOKI x READER ] [ thor: ragnarok ] C O M P L E T E D ◇ ◇ ◇ When the god of mischief shows up uninvited to your home and asks you to check on his fa...