Butterflies

De leewritessss

After 3 long, excruciating years of living in Portland, Isabelle has finally decided to move back home to Flo... Mai multe

Authors Note/Character Aesthetic
~ Playlist ~
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight

Chapter Ten

121 3 9
De leewritessss

——
'They stood there pretending
to just be friends when all the while
everyone in the room could plainly see that
they were only existing
for each other'
~ Unknown ~
——

A Birthday Cake and Tears
~~
Milo

"No."

"No?"

"Yes, no." I emphasize again, for the millionth time tonight. "But there's so much sexually tension between you too. I can't even breathe when I'm near." Henry exaggerates, again. Noah nods his head along and flops down onto my bed.

"No, there isn't." I sigh again, rubbing my face up and down in annoyance. They won't let this go. They haven't let it go since the beach. "You're telling me you haven't gotten hard once since she's been back." Yes, I have. My eyes narrow at Henry's. "No, I haven't."

"I call bullshit." Henry states. "Your bullshit." I retorted. They both smirk, and I realize what I did. I fed into their claims. There fucking try to get a reaction out of me. "Don't even say it."

"You like her." I throw my hands into the air and shake my head at the ceiling. They're never gonna let this go. "I don't like her like that." I threw my clothes that were on the floor into the laundry bin. "Oh, yeah?" Noah asks, totally not convinced. "Yes." He jumps off the bed and runs off to the guest room.

Henry quirks an eyebrow smirking and folding his arms over his head. Noah comes back holding a blue piece of fabric in his hands. No, a dress. Isabelle's dress. "So what's this doing then." I go to grab it but he just moves his hand away. "If I remember correctly, wasn't Isabelle wearing this yesterday?" I actually blush. Jesus Christ

I feel the heat coming up my face and it only makes him smile more. God dammit. "Got something to explain Wesly?" Henry taunts. I groan into my hands and shake my head. "She was drunk out of her mind, I wasn't letting her stay there." I growl.

"Isabelle was drunk?" Henry asks, baffled. "Yeah, it was so funny." Noah laughs, shaking his head. "You saw her and then left her drunk and alone?" I growl at Noah. He holds up his hands up and backs away slowly. "Simmer down, you ogore." He laughs. I lunge onto him, knocking us both onto the ground.

He's laughing his ass off as I plan out his murder. His slow, painful death. "I hate you." I say with no violence in it. Actually a smirk rolling onto my lips. "I love you too buddy." He pats my shoulder and then pulls his hands away and makes a heart with them over his chest.

I roll my eyes and get off him. "Your such a weirdo."

"You know you love it." He winks, shuffling to his feet. "So, just cause you let Isabelle sleep here still doesn't explain why her dress is here." Henry states. Noah and I look back at him laying on his bed with his phone in his hands. "You know something." I narrow my eyes. "Of course I know something. You forget my girlfriend is her best friend."

"What is it?" He shakes his head and starts typing away at his phone. "Bros before—" Noah begins, but doesn't't get far.

"Finish that sentence and you won't have a tongue to speak with." Henry growls, his demeanor instantly changing. "You're so whipped." I state with a small laugh. "It's kinda disturbing."

Henry and Lottie have liked each other for as long as I can remember but only a couple months ago did he grow a pair to ask her out. "Not letting him call my girlfriend a hoe isn't being whipped. It's called human fucking decency." He grumbles.

"You can't even be talking Milo." Noah states with a snicker. Here we go again. I sigh, and start shoving t-shirts on hangers and into my closet. "Holding in all your feelings like this isn't going to get you anywhere." Henry states, with a hint of concern in his voice.

"I'm not holding anything in, ok, now seriously drop it guys." My eyes flicker between them both, and I'm guessing they get the memo because they stop after that. "Ok, well, I'm going to order Pizza then."

___

I pulled the cardboard box out of the fridge in the empty, quiet house, and set it onto the table.

At first the quietness bothered me. Always surrounded by noise, anytime my parent's would go away for a weekend trip I would lose my shit in the silence.

When I was 16 they took their first summer trip down to the Bahamas for 'work'. They weren't here for my birthday, and they weren't here for the fourth of July. Over the course of that summer, I grew quite fond of the silence.

I didn't like them arguing anymore, or their breaths breathing down my back every five seconds.

It's a tradition for them to leave over the summer now. Honestly, I really only see them for 2 months out of the year. And that's with days adding up; they're never here for more than 2 weeks at a time.

Usually I get a happy birthday text from them, but today I got nothing which bothered me. I was waiting for the text for the whole entire day. Even just a 'happy b-day Milo' would've suited. It's my 18th birthday and my parents didn't even remember? How fucked up is that?

Last year–the second year of being alone–the Everrest found out and forced me into their home every Friday to watch movies with them. They celebrated every single thing with me, and became my new family.

An old family that became a new family all over again. I honestly never talked to them after Isabelle left. The only contact I had with them was through Luna. Then Luna found out I was alone, and snitched on me. Which, for the record, I am really thankful for now.

I love Mr and Mrs E like my life depends on it. It really opens your eyes, and proves to you that blood isn't always family.

Sighing through my thoughts I open the cardboard box, and slide out the small, two layered cake that Mama Hazel made for me this morning.

I don't know how that woman found out when my birthday was, but ever since I remember, she's made me a cake. No one else has. No one else has really ever cared. She always acts like she doesn't like me, or doesn't know who I am, but I know deep down she has a soft spot for me. She watched me go through some bad shit a few years back, and actually had the balls to pull me out by the fucking ear.

The sun had set, and the guys left a little bit ago. I've been spending so much time with people, and now the silence doesn't feel right. It feels unsettling again.

I pulled out a candle from the drawer beneath me, and lit it with the lighter I had on hand. With the white of the cake, and the candle burning lightly over it, I closed my eyes and made a wish.

I know it's stupid, but sometimes wishing is the only thing I can do. Plus, I've been wishing for the same thing for 3 years. The minute I blow out the candle the doorbell rings. I stand up straighter, my heart beating quicker.

No body told me they were coming over. I didn't invite anyone over. After an aggressive knock is herd, I began walking towards the front door. Looking out the side window first I see a scowling Luna standing behind the door, her arms hooded across her chest and a glare set on her face.

I open the door, and the minute I do she swings it open and slams into me. Wrapping her arms around me in a hug. I stumble back a step, but nonetheless return her hug. I hear a small sniffle and pull away to see a tear falling down her face.

"Why are you crying?" My panic instantly rises, as does my concern. She sniffles again, and I realize that she's shaking—with anger—she looks really mad. "I hate her." She rasps out, walking past me and wiping her eyes. It doesn't take a genius to know who 'she' is.

I follow after her and sit beside her on the couch. "You don't hate her." Lunas glare slides to me with a look of disbelief. "Yes, I do. She didn't deserve to be welcomed home with open arms when she left us Milo." I sigh, and rub my forehead.

"Want some cake?" Her eyes furrow, but she nods nonetheless. I'm thinking that maybe the sugar will calm her down. I quickly cut us a slice and moved back to the couch to hand it to her. Boeing jumps up onto the couch after I've sat down and lies against my legs. "Can I stay here tonight?" She sniffles again.

"Of course." I reply instantly. "Only if your parents are ok with it though. They get so worried when you run away, you know." She rolls her eyes and stuffs cake into her face. "They know where I go every time." She mumbles with her mouth full of sweets.

"Why do you 'hate' Isabelle?" I finally ask, starting to eat my cake, and pet Boeing. "It's not fair." She finally says after swallowing, her voice tiny. "What's not fair?" I press on. She groans and sets her cake on her lap. "I don't wanna forgive her. I wanted a sister to help me grow up." She finally says, tears coming back to her eyes.

"But you know you don't hate her." She falls back against the seat, and sinks down low. "I want to." She whispers. "Me too." I sigh leaning back with her. It's silent as we finish our cake, and silent as I clean the plates. "Do your parents know you're over here?" She stays quiet, answering my question.

"Come on, I'll walk you back over." She doesn't move, only crosses her arms and shakes her head. "I can't stand being in the same house as her." I can practically feel her rage coming off of her, and for some reason a part of me feels bad for Isabelle.

"Your parents are great people though, and they don't deserve to be worried sick about you all night." She sighs, and looks over at me with pleading eyes. "Can we just watch a movie first? Let me cool down before having to go back over?" I nod my head and grab for the remote.

I hand it to her, and just for good measure I send a quick text to John telling him she's over at my house and I'll bring her back after. It's not the first time she's done this, so I'm sure they're not surprised. I don't want to give the poor people a heart attack though if they haven't caught on yet.

Boeing walks over my lap, purposely stepping on my dick with his back paw. I scowl at the cat as he lays in Luna's lap and starts purring. Do the Everest women have some secret cat power I don't know about?

___

"Don't act so sad. It's a good movie." Luna jokes, slapping my shoulder. "It's Tinkerbell and I'm a grown ass man." She giggles, and slips on her sandals. "That's why you were so engrossed in it." I roll my eyes. "That one just happens to be my favorite." She scoffs and leans back on the couch.

"Sure buddy." I'm totally getting talked on by a 12 year old right now, and I'm definitely taking it like a champ. It's now over 1am, and I'm still adamant about taking her home. "Come on, I'm walking you over." She groans, and grounds her feet when I try and tug her off the couch.

"She lives there, Luna, you can't run away everytime she makes you mad." Her arms cross over her chest, and she glares at me. Playful Luna instantly being swapped with angry Luna. "Oh, like you avoid her wherever she is? Hm? Don't think I didn't see that." I groan now, in frustration, because she's totally right and I am being a horrible role model.

I'm also being extremely selfish, and a hypocrite. "Ok, well, then, we'll both push aside our feelings and suck up being with Isabelle." Luna's eyebrow quirks up. "You're going to be nice to her?" I didn't say that. "I...well. I'll try?" She rolls her eyes and finally stands up.

"Ok, fine." I sigh in relief when she starts walking towards the front door. I never want kids. I can't even deal with Luna, how would I deal with a kid? I shudder, and walk with her out the house. "You don't have to walk with me, my house is right there." She points towards her house, which is completely pitch black inside.

"Yeah..I'll walk you." We made it to her front door quickly. She lifts her fist up to knock on the door, but stops and abruptly turns around. "What if we just watch one more—" I cut her off by reaching over her head and knocking on the door. She groans when I turn her back around.

It's quiet, for a hot second, before I hear footsteps and then see the lights turn on. The door opens slowly, and my eyes widen in surprise when I see a yawning Isabelle on the other side of the door. She's wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants—which is making me hot just looking at—it's sweating balls outside.

Her blonde hair looks dark in the light, stuffed in a bun on top of her head. She looks like she just woke up. Shit. Her eyes widen when she finally sees me, and looks down to see Luna. "Oh my gosh." She's awake now, pulling Luna into a hug that Luna clearly doesn't recuperate.

Isabelle doesn't seem to notice this though. She just pulls her away and looks down at Luna in the eyes. "Please don't ever leave like that again. Someone could've kidnapped you, or worse, they could've—" Luna pulls out of her grasp and starts sidestepping her.

"Well I was just with him so you can calm your tits." I scowl at Luna as she looks back at me. She rolls her eyes and walks past Isabelle mumbling, "I won't do it again." Isabelle looks away from Luna, and back to me, her body sinking into the door. She rubs her eyes, and that's when I realize that they are red and bloodshot.

Double shit.

She was crying. A lot, by the look of her puffy eyes. A pang of guilt floats through me at the thought of her lying in bed, crying her eyes out, while I watched freaking Tinkerbell with her sister. She was worrying herself while I was eating birthday cake.

"Thank you for bringing her back. I understand why she's so mad at me. I really do. I'm mad at myself too and I just—she doesn't know..." She huffs out a long sigh and looks up to my eyes. "Just, thanks." I nod my head, not really sure what to say.

Her words—all of them—are just swimming around my head trying to connect somehow. Maybe they'll go together like a puzzle in the end. "Bye, MIlo." She whispers, her voice soft with sleep. Her black eye bags do nothing to hide her sleep deprivation. "Bye, Isabelle." The door closes softly in my face, and the light turns off.

I'm not sure how long I stand there just thinking until I finally force my body to move away. It's killing my mind with curiosity at what all of her words are meaning. I wanna know why she seems so different. I wanna know what happened when she left. I wanna know why she left.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

43 1 17
This is not a happy, feel-good story. This is a story of heartbreak, of a person being utterly destroyed. However, it is also a story of true frien...
213 25 27
" I hate this girl from the bottom of my heart. She broke my heart in a few seconds without any hesitation. She insulted me infront of every one. Sh...
Summers End De Ainsley

Ficțiune adolescenți

408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...