𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒂�...

由 bonnies__bitxh

Started: September 9th 2022 Finished: Morrigan Brooks had been called a witch many times in her life. Whether... 更多

Introduction
𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒕
𝒂𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒔
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
authors note pls read !!
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L

XXIII

1.6K 49 5
由 bonnies__bitxh

Morrigan Brooks

I woke up on the floor with books surrounding me. I fell asleep last night- well... at four in the morning because I stayed up reading through every spell I or any of my family have ever seen or created.

I checked my phone and saw Klaus texted me to come to the grill.

I got up, albeit reluctantly, and went to get dressed. I grab a little black dress with a strawberry pattern all over it. I layer a leather jacket over it, black boots and a simple gold necklace as I still couldn't find my beloved ring necklace.

I wouldn't panic though. I'll find it.

I drive to the grill to see Klaus sitting at the bar. Not that I expected him to be anywhere else.

"So," I say, sitting next to him. "Catch me up. Did you end up turning any hybrids?"

"I did. But an annoying con is Elena's blood is the only thing that will turn them."

"Ah, nature. Gotta love her." I say.

"Yes. And my father, who has spent the last thousand years trying to kill me came back, though I swiftly ended that, killing him instead." He says proudly.

"Nice," I say, cursing myself for not remembering to put on the necklace that would alert me of my own father's presence.

"Yes, and those series of events led to Stefan holding a grudge and stealing my family just as I was about to wake them."

"I have a feeling compelling him to turn off his humanity might be a factor." I muse and he doesn't reply.

"Ok, so I called you so I could propose something to you."

"I'm sorry, I can't marry you." I say and he gives me a look as if to say 'wait'.

"I want you to be on my side in this battle of wills." He says and I narrow my eyes when I don't understand. "Me against Stefan, I want you to be on my side."

"No, no, no, no, no." I say. "I'll do stuff for you, but I'm not pledging myself against literally all of Mystic Falls." He sighs but looks as if he expected it. "I'm not taking sides. I'm on team Morrigan. No team Stefan or Team Klaus. I think we should all be friends like we were over the summer."

"You and me both, love. Stefan keeps pushing me." He gets up from his seat and I follow suit. "As long as I can count on you to not betray me, we are great."

"I won't lie to you," I say. "I may keep things, but I won't lie."

"Fair enough. Come to the Wickery Bridge fundraiser with me this evening. I need you as a violence buffer."

"You want a violence buffer?" I say in a disbelieving tone.

"I need to make a good impression, love." He says giving me a look and I sigh in resignation.

"It's what I spent all summer doing. What's one more night?" I mutter. "I'll see you tonight, Klaus." He gives me his charismatic parting smile.

"I'll pick you up." He says and I lift my hand over my shoulder in a little wave.

I walk out onto the street and go towards my car, but I feel a familiar presence come up beside me.

"What are you doing with Klaus?" Damon asks. "He's the bad guy."

"I'm great, thanks, how are you, Damon?" I say with a sickly sweet smile, but his expression stays the same. "I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told Klaus. I'll do stuff for you, but I'm not pledging myself against the originals." He sighs, exasperated. "I'm not taking sides. I'm on team Morrigan. I'm not doing Team Salvatore or Team Klaus. I think we should all be friends."

"Sunshine and rainbows are overrated." He says, rolling his eyes. "Have you been invited to the Wickery Bridge fundraiser?"

"As a violence buffer, yes." I sigh.

"Screw that, come as violence. Turn the tables." He says with a wicked smile and I return it, though less wicked. I really did miss the older Salvatore, no matter how much he sometimes gets on my nerves.

"Good god," I mutter, getting into my car. "I'll see you tonight, Damon." Before driving off.

I ENDED up just wearing a white linen shirt with a plunging neckline and a brown skirt, since fundraiser sounded like it called for something a bit more formal than a little black dress. I matched my Louboutins with the skirt, kept the gold necklace, and added some gold earrings and my early warning system necklace, though I cloaked it since it didn't go with the outfit.

I heard a knock on my door and I ran down the stairs to answer it.

"Hey, Klaus," I say running back to the mirror to secure the second earring. "Let's go do some violence buffering." He chuckles and opens the passenger-side door of his oddly familiar Maserati before getting on the driver's side.

Of course, he had a Maserati, I think, scoffing.

"This car isn't mine," Klaus says and I look over at him.

"Cool?" I say, not sure if he wanted me to congratulate him on stealing it or if there was something else.

"It's Elijah's." He says. "And if I'm not mistaken, that is your grimoire," Klaus says, pointing to the back seat, and sure enough, one of my mother's later grimoires sat on the plush leather seat with a thin coat of dust over it.

"Oh my god, yes! Why is it-" I start to ask myself, but then I remembered why I thought I recognised this car. Because when I freed Stefan from the tomb, Elijah offered to give me a ride home.

Damn. That felt like a lifetime ago, and I would know.

"Why is it in here?" Klaus asks.

"I helped him out with a spell," I say, flicking through the pages. "Why? What do you think it's doing in here?"

"Nothing." He says with a shit-eating grin.

"Let's just go to this stupid thing," I mutter and I see him smile wider out of the corner of my eye.

CAROL Lockwood should work harder to hide her infatuation. Whether he was too old for her, or too young for her, it was getting annoying and Klaus wasn't helping. He had turned the charm all the way up.

"You know, when I used to think of a mayor, I thought of an old fuddy-duddy, but you have really changed my perception."

"Oh, thank you," Carol says giggling. I roll my eyes and swirl my glass of champagne before taking a bigger-than-usual sip.

"What colour are your eyes?" Klaus asks, getting closer to her face.

"They're blue," she says, laughing again. I see Damon walk over and I resist the urge to say 'thank god'.

"Look what the cat dragged in," he says, quite obviously looking for trouble. "Nice vest," he says, looking Klaus up and down.

"Oh, thank you very much, good to see you, Damon," Klaus says. "Uh, Carol and I were just discussing whether or not you'd be tonight's other benefactor."

"What do you say?" Carol says with a raised brow. "Klaus has made a very generous pledge and you know we're chomping at the bit to begin the renovation."

"Hmm," Damon says nodding, as if deep in thought. "Carol, now, don't take this the wrong way, but did you know you've been kissing the ass of an immortal hybrid who ruined your son's life?" Damon says and Carol looks slightly shocked he actually brought it up.

"Oh come now. Some may say I saved him from all that nasty full moon business." Klaus says and then he turns to Carol. "I never had to go through it more than twice, to be honest, but still, I'm very sympathetic." He finished off with an overly sympathetic tone and Carol nods lightly before turning back to Damon.

"Klaus has promised to protect Tyler, Damon. And our town."

"From who? His hybrids are the ones this town needs protection from." Damon snaps.

"I'd have no use for them if your brother would kindly return my family."

"Not gonna happen," Damon says stubbornly.

"That's what I thought. Which is why I've come to an agreement with the mayor." Klaus says. "You and the council stay out of my hair, I'll stay out of yours. Your town gets protected, my hybrids get left alone, and everyone's happy." He gives Damon a tight smile. "All you have to do is get Stefan to stop decapitating my friends."

"Please Damon?" Carol says. "Just get your brother under control or the council will be forced to take action against him." What are they going to do? Vervain him? I thought. That's why he takes it.

"You've gotta be kidding me," Damon spits.

"Oh, come on mate," Klaus says calmly. "Give peace a chance." Damon gives him a slight look up and down and I grab his arm and turn him away lightly.

"I'm going to get a drink, you want one, D?" I ask and he looks down at me with a hard expression.

"What are you doing here with Klaus?" He asks, shaking me off. "He's the bad guy!"

"I'm not here with Klaus," I say. "I'm here so you and your brother and Klaus don't start killing everyone just to get to each other. I was standing with Klaus because, as I predicted, where he was, you or Stefan would follow."

"I don't understand why you're so comfortable around them!" Damon says. "One second Klaus has his hand in your chest, ready to rip your heart out, and the other you two are buddies."

"How'd you know about-" I start, but then I cut myself off. "I'm not comfortable around them," I say, but as I do, I recognise it as a lie, not that I'd tell Damon that.

He just walks off sullenly, muttering 'whatever', towards the exit. I roll my eyes, remembering how unreasonable he can be and make my way to the bar.

"Can I get a vod-" I start but the bartender cuts me off.

"A vodka soda?" He says. I look up and Brandon Bassett was smiling at me.

"Brandon, oh my god, hi," I say, smiling back at him. "How have you been?" I say.

"Not bad. I missed seeing you around. How's your mom?" He asks.

Oh right. I had a very ill mother who needed my immediate attention.

"She's a lot better, thanks for asking," I say, the lie easily rolling off my tongue. "You went to see your family too, right?" I ask and he nods.

"You know. Same old. I saw all my siblings and my parents." He says, passing me my drink.

"That sounds nice," I say. "Hey, you know, sorry about cancelling last minute on our date."

"I can't blame you, Rory. You had to help your family." I just shrug.

"Well I'd be glad to do a makeup date," I say happily and a smile spreads across his face.

"That would be nice." He says. "I'll call you," he says.

"I'd like that," I say with a smile.

We talk for another half hour or so and I was actually having a good time until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Rory, we need to talk." He says and I give him a pointed look.

"I'm sorry, Damon, but I'm already having a conversation. Maybe go have one with Klaus."

"It's urgent." He says through his teeth and I turn to Brandon with an apologetic expression.

"She'll be right back," Damon says with a sarcastic smile and I roll my eyes. Damon pulls me into a side room where Klaus already was.

"Stefan just grabbed Elena," Damon says and I didn't see the problem.

"Stefan grabbed his girlfriend? Poor girl, do you want me to kill him?" I say sarcastically.

"Well, he's getting desperate," Klaus says, also not seeing the problem.

"Rory, you forget he doesn't have any humanity." Damon all but snaps. Riiight. Stefan was the big bad vampire now. "He's going to try to use her against you so just do what he says. Get rid of your hybrids." Damon says.

"Or what?" Klaus says. "Stefan would never dream of killing her."

"You sure about that? He just tried to behead someone in the middle of a council party, he's operating on crazy right now."

"Well crazy or not, that love never dies," Klaus says with a smile. "He's bluffing."

"Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but if you don't want to believe him, believe me. I know my brother better than anyone and right now I don't have a clue on how far he's willing to take this, so if he says blink... I suggest you blink." Damon says seriously and I saw how much he was. I haven't seen Stefan since that night in the warehouse so I didn't have a clue about how he acted while humanity-less, and from what I have heard, it's not pleasant.

Klaus leaves the room, muttering about how he'll deal with it, and I cross my arms.

"Do you want me to tell you where they are?" I ask, wondering why he wanted me here.

"Yes please," He says. Damn. A please from Damon Salvatore. The world must be ending.

"Do you want to get a drink after if you're not combing your hero hair, now that you've taken over that role?" I tease and he lightly shoves me away.

"After that comment, no." I chuckle, walking back to the bar, intending to steal some salt from Brandon. I open my phone when I feel it buzz.

Damon: Found her. Don't worry.

Niklaus Mikaelson

Flashback to 1739

I walk into Morrigan and Elijah's room after excessively knocking, as I never wanted to repeat an experience like that, and see Morrigan sitting in the middle of the room, cross legged, eyes closed inside a circle of what I could only assume was salt and other various herbs.

"Do I want to know?" I ask and she cracks a single eye open.

"I'm doing it for your benefit." She deadpans and I just wave a hand.

"Very generous of you." I say, looking around the room. "Where is my brother?"

"Kol is in the west, Africa, last time I checked and Finn is preserved in a coffin." I just give her a flat look. "As far as I'm aware, Elijah is in the city with Rebekah."

"What's are they doing there?" I ask but it was her turn to give me a flat look.

"I may be a witch, Nik, but I'm not psychic nor am I clairvoyant."

I only hum in recognition. "So what spell are you doing?"

"Early warning system for that vampire hunter you call a father." I narrow my eyes.

"Early warning system?" I question.

"You see this prick of blood?" She asks, pointing to the droplet of red liquid. "That's Elijah's blood. I used the familial connection to connect it to Mikael. Now we should be able to track him with this map unless he uses the help of another witch, he can't intercept the signal."

"Have I ever told you that you were a genius, Morrigan Brooks?" I say, (though I suspected very soon to be Mikaeson) marvelling at her witchcraft.

"A few times," she says with a smile and a shrug.

The door suddenly opened and Elijah walked in.

"Finally, brother," I say.

"What is it, Nikalus?" He asks, walking over to Mor and planting a light kiss on her lips.

"I'm throwing a ball for Rebekah's birthday. What flowers was she fixated on this time?" I ask, knowing my sister all too well.

"Lillies." Elijah says. "White lillies."

thanks for all the support so far i literally love you all

don't forget to vote and comment🫶

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

1.7M 63.7K 41
Ophelia Armstrong never intended for her life to be anything out of the ordinary. All she ever wanted to do was finish school, meet a nice person, se...
612K 20.5K 112
"Who the hell is she?" "That would be the lovely, Ingrid Mikaelson. My wife." ---- TVD: Season...
151K 5.1K 25
Rose Amari. In her world she's a witch, but not a servant of nature. When her mother dies mysteriously Rose and her sister, Phoebe, were drowning i...
475K 14.7K 90
"And to give you the life you've always wanted, Willow, I'm going to have to let you go" Willow Matthews was a bright spark, she was well known and w...