Ruthless Rulers of Rakshatra...

By Shobanamanivannan

He is the crowned prince of the Kingdom Rakshatra. Everyone in the kingdom feared him as well as respected h... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1 - Abhyuday
Chapter 2 - Kalindi
Chapter 3 - First Meet
Chapter 4 - Warning
Chapter 5 - Wedding
Chapter 7 - Return
Chapter 8 - Respect
Chapter 9 - Power
Chapter 10 - Control
Chapter 11 - Proposal
Chapter 12 - Facade
Chapter 13 - Embarrassed
Chapter 14 - Visit
Chapter 15 - Mark
Chapter 16 - Plot
Chapter 17 - Seduced
Chapter 18 - Fair
Chapter 19 - Reward
Chapter 20 - Secrets
Chapter 21 - Mystery
Chapter 22 - Memories
Chapter 23 - Intimacy
Chapter 24 - Love
Chapter 25 - Consummation
Chapter 26 - Hatred
Chapter 27 - Relations
Chapter 28 - Krishakya
Chapter 29 - Weird Couple
Chapter 30 - The Past 1
Chapter 31 - Jealous
Chapter 32 - Fight
Chapter 33 - Punishment
Chapter 34 - Cruel
Chapter 35 - Return
Chapter 36 - Unveiled
Chapter 37 - Gift
Chapter 38 - Doubts
Chapter 39 - The News
Chapter 40 - Share
Chapter 41 - Guests
Chapter 42 - Two-faced
Chapter 43 - Ceremony
Chapter 44 - Reality
Chapter 45 - Turn of Events
Chapter 46 - Shocker
Chapter 47 - Show Down
Chapter 48 - Saved
Chapter 49 - Coronation
Chapter 50 - The Secret
Chapter 51 - Happiness
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
New Story - Sequel of RRR

Chapter 6 - The Night

31.9K 2K 58
By Shobanamanivannan

Kalindi was taken to the Queen's chamber and she was given new saree and jewels to change into. Kalindi had an idea about what it was about but still looked at her mother for clarification.  Queen Mathura smiled and said, "Today is going to be your wedding night. So you change into this dress. You can rest now as it is only evening and later at night, you will be sent to your chamber where Yuvraj Abhyuday is residing now".  Kalindi nodded at her and then the Queen left.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After the Queen left, Kalindi simply sat on the bed while Rekha and Lekha were moving the hand held fan to give some air for Kalindi.  Kalindi felt relaxed and said, "The herbs worked very well Rekha. Usually I use flowers only but this herbal leaves have different use than the conventional ones. You just had to put one leaf in the fire which is ignited at the night for scented fragrance. And within one night of inhaling the burnt leaf, she has this effect. I'm impressed".  Lekha asked, "Princess! When will you cure her?".  Kalindi smiled and said, "You know very well that when I bring in new flowers or make concoctions of my own, I never create a cure for them. Even when I test it on some animals, I will check how long it holds on. Sometimes it turns out that the effect is not deadly or permanent but just temporary. Likewise in this case, Rekha had already mentioned that this herb has a long term effect but it's not permanent.  So let's see how long term it is. And seems like your memory power is decreasing. Weren't you there in the garden when Rekha was telling us?".  Lekha smiled being embarrassed and didn't reply anything.

Then Rekha continued while Kalindi was removing her jewellery, "Princess, I heard from Lekha what happened in the corridor yesterday.  And you have punished Princess Uttara for that. But previously you mentioned that you wouldn't mind if Yuvraj Abhyuday took a second wife or more.  Then what changed you to punish her harshly?".  Kalindi just laughed at her and said, "So you people are thinking that I punished her for thinking of stealing my husband? Definitely not.  If she had stopped  her blabbering at that point, then I wouldn't have done anything.  But she crossed her limit when she threatened my existence.  I didn't like it so I just did what I thought, would teach her a valuable lesson.  But seems like she needs more time to learn the lesson".  She just shrugged her shoulders and then chatted with them for some more time. Kalindi laid on the  bed for taking a nap in the evening and before going to sleep, she spelled out 'Husband', which she used for the first time today and didn't even realise it.   Kalindi woke up afresh after the much needed sleep and started to wear the dress and jewellery which her mother gave her for the night.

Everyone had their dinner while King Udayan tried to change the gloomy atmosphere as they are the hosts and also his daughter's in-laws should not get affected by their problems. And food was sent for Kalindi and also Uttara and her mother to their chambers.  At night, Queen Mathura entered her chamber where Kalindi was sitting with the light weight jewellery that she gave and the twin maids were keeping her entertained.  The maids went out leaving the mother and daughter to their privacy.  Mathura smiled at her daughter and said, "You have grown up so fast.  I have always been strict towards you. But don't ever think that I didn't love you or care for you, ok? As you have always known, I didn't give birth to you but it didn't matter after some point".  The one who entered the chamber was the Queen of Hridaypura but the one who is talking to Kalindi is a mother, her mother.  And the tears that slowly flowed down from Mathura's eyes were the evidence of that. Kalindi smiled sadly at her mother, who had always been tough and never showed her pain to anyone including the King.  That mother has just showed her vulnerability infront of her. Kalindi wiped the tears of her mother and gave a small smile as a reassurance.  Mathura continued, "Leaving all this aside, you are now going to start your marital life. And in the royal families, a heir gives you an anchor to hold your position above anyone else who will become the future wives of your husband. This wedding night will play a significant role in deciding your destiny".

Kalindi just listened to her mother quietly as she always does. Kalindi was never a person who was in a dilemma but this question of having a child put her into a dilemma.  She does want to have a child of her own but not as a means for holding up a position.  On the other hand, she doesn't want to have a child with the person who will remain a stranger forever.  When she was thinking about all this, her mother's voice pulled her out of the trance. Her mother said, "Since you children had lessons on the art of seduction as part of your royal education, I don't have to brief on that part I believe".  Kalindi masked her surprise quickly as she heard her mother's subtle teasing. But she didn't feel anything else like a normal bride would have felt. There was no blushing or even a shy smile, as she felt that there is nothing to feel shy or nervous about this.  May be it's because there is no feelings involved between the couple, not even a simple greeting.  So Kalindi gave her usual practised smile, to her mother as a reply to her teasing. Then her mother guided her towards the wedding chamber where Yuvraj Abhyuday was waiting for her. Or is he?

(From Afternoon to night in Abhyuday's chamber)

As for Abhyuday, the afternoon went by checking some updates from his friend Parth and also his trusted head soldier.  Once the official discussions are over, Abhyuday just laid down on the couch and Parth simply sat beside him on a chair.  After a few moments Parth looked at his friend who was relaxing with his eyes closed and said, "Yesterday I was roaming around the palace as part of security check and came across a garden.  You know what's the unique part?".   On receiving no answer from Abhyuday, Parth continued, "There was a shaded garden as well. And also, the one who created that garden was none other than your wife, which is my bhabhi (sister-in-law)".  Abhyuday still didn't open his eyes or acknowledge his friend, so Parth said, "Since you are not acknowledging me, I will acknowledge it myself.  I know that you are listening and this is not the first time this is happening".  After that the room fell into silence and then Parth said that he is getting bored but still didn't leave the place.  Then after a few moments, Abhyuday asked, "Your mother complained to me, before we departed from Rakshatra, that you are not giving a positive answer to any prospective bride they are showing to you? Is there something I'm missing?".  Parth was embarassed due to his mother's actions and said while stuttering, "No Yuvraj, there is nothing you are missing. I don't like anyone else".  Abhyuday opened his eyes and said, "I didn't say that you like someone else".  Parth  stuttered more and couldn't find an excuse, so he immediately excused himself for some work and went away.  Abhyuday felt amused at his actions as this is the first time he is seeing his friend running away from him.  His lips quirked up slightly and thats the maximum expression he could give. The evening went by quickly and Abhyuday was called for dinner by King Udayan. After dinner, he went back to the chamber he was resting in.

The room was decorated with flowers in the meantime when Abhyuday was away for dinner.  Abhyuday looked at the decorations and moved towards the balcony that overlooked the forest, similar to the balcony in his own wing in Rakshatra. While he was looking at the deep forest, he heard the door open and close after a few seconds.  After that, sound of anklets followed and the sound stopped at some distance from him.  He turned around and looked at her who was looking down at the floor.  Kalindi was just following what she was taught by her mother to do after getting inside the room.  He came near her which made her nervous for the first time as she doesn't know whether she wants it or not. But suddenly he said, "Go and sleep".  Saying so he went back to sight seeing the dark forest from the balcony.  Although Kalindi was relieved that she doesn't need to do anything, she couldn't help but think about various reasons as to why he didn't consummate the marriage. There could be many reasons for his decision which may or may not favour her.  Thinking all this, she looked up at his back which was facing her.  Since he doesn't wear jewellery of the crown Prince at night, his upper body is bare except the simple cotton cloth hanging on his one shoulder.  Kalindi furrowed her eyebrows as she took in his form under the glowing moonlight.  She couldn't understand what was running in the mind of her heartless husband. Sighing, she removed the little amount of jewellery she wore and then climbed on the bed while leaving the other side of the bed for him.

After some time, Abhyuday came back from the balcony and laid down on the other side of the bed.  Kalindi moved in her sleep and turned towards him. Abhyuday looked at her closely for the first time and then his eyes moved towards her waist which was bare as her saree moved to one side.  His hands automatically went to her waist and traced the star symbol near navel. He murmured, "I thought it was temporary drawing made for the occasion".  He realized that it's not temporary but rather a permanent one.  The question is how did she get it as it was very risky and painful.  Even after the conclusion, he unknowingly continued to trace her waist and when he came back to his sense, he removed his hand and laid down straight.  He looked at her again only to see her sleeping and thought in his mind, "She didn't wake up even after I touched her for a long time.  What more can I expect? She is not a trained warrior to sense danger while at sleep".  What caused his frustration was the fact that she could easily fall asleep within minutes while he wouldn't be able to go into deep sleep with all the enemies around him.

The night went on with one in deep sleep and the other in a not so deep sleep, as always.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Thanks for your support till now.  Do let me know how are you liking the characters?

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.5K 7K 11
Sometimes we all become unwanted by someone we wanted the most. The pain, torture, suffering, anxiety, yearning we all go through is invisible to oth...
883K 61.7K 43
Mature content ! 2nd book in VILLAIN SERIES πŸ”₯ All series are standalone and don't relate to each other. "From today onwards, am your...
876K 45.9K 75
Story of a true king and his beloved Rebel ❀️ ***** "You remember your Dada Hukum always said that a true king never bow's down infront of anyone oth...
533K 17.8K 42
π™„π™£π™™π™žπ™–π™£ π™§π™€π™’π™–π™£π™˜π™š [π—–π—Όπ—Ίπ—½π—Ήπ—²π˜π—²π—±] π˜™π˜ͺ𝘀𝘩 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩π˜ͺπ˜₯𝘦 𝘡𝘩𝘦π˜ͺ𝘳 𝘣𝘭𝘒𝘀𝘬 𝘴𝘦𝘀𝘳𝘦𝘡𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯π˜₯ 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘡𝘦 𝘸𝘒�...