Tasteful - Levi x OC (Attack...

By DefinedWrite

Formerly called 'Epiphany' A close knit group of exceptional soldiers. Arden Croix, Kain Croix, Carlisle Mars... More

Introduction
Titan Invasion
The Struggle for Trost
The Struggle for Trost part II
Troublesome News
Court Verdict
Losing Control?
A Different Place
Castle Cleanup
Away
Suspicions of a Traitor
A Change for Better or Worse
Demon Sleep
Some Gentle Sparing
Childhood Trust
Demon Stalker
The Subtle Invitation
Just a Drop of Blood
Warmth, Anger, Confusion
The Change in Them
For the First Time in A While
The Babysitter
The Man With A Clear Death Wish
Chaotic Nature of it All
It's Not About Trust
The Unwanted Gift
A Short-lived Protest
Devilish Judgement
The Day has Come
The 57th Recon Mission
The 57th Recon Mission part II: Trust
The Wrong Judgement Call
The 57th Recon Mission part III: His Decison
The 57th Recon Mission part IV: She's Gone
The Changeling
Walking Like A Dead Man
The Reunion
Losing Lost Comrades
The Love of Family
Poisoned
Her Last Breath...
Stifling Temptation
War of The Heart
Nightmare
Shocking Revelation
The Need to Feed
Worthless Hope
This Cruel Existence is Better With You
Raid on Stohess District
Raid on Stohess District Part II: Hunger-Driven
The Monster Inside
●Important Announcement●
○ Season 2 ○
The Breach of Wall Rose
Hand of God
Sacred Will's Chosen Child
Bertoto
The Switch
Embracing the Madness
Aftermath
●Announcement●
Suspects Revealed
Let the Battle Begin
The Demonic Reveal
Epic
Nightshade
Hell's Influence
Home is A Person
Chaos Ensues
Set in Motion
●Hiatus●
Their Escape
Worries and Jokes
His Disappearance
Bigger Problems to Deal With
●Important Update●
●Sneak Peak●
●Sorry Note●
Unveiling the Madness
Deals [We're Back. I'm Sorry]
●Very Quick Update. Please Read●
Distant Allies
My One and Only

My Strength

546 22 2
By DefinedWrite

Still leant against the table, Arden let out a sigh. Every inch of her body feeling tense even though it had been minutes since Drystan left. She had never considered him a threat, even once a long time ago considering him a friend and a mentor. But since his confession of hiding her existence from the other demons, Arden noticed the changes in his behaviour. Becoming more possessive, more aggressive. It only made matters worse that she knew he was hiding something from her. Something that Kain was close to figuring out.

Then her shoulders sagged. Drystan was going to retrieve Kain and return him to her within the hour. She couldn't leave despite how much she wanted to. If she did, she feared that the greater demon really would kill her or her younger brother. Only once was she able to catch him off guard, once. And she doubted it would happen again. If the greater demon did decide to kill the Croix siblings, there would be nothing the halfbreeds could do. Even as powerful as she was, Arden was still simply a halfbreed. Powerful, but not powerful enough. Human, but not human enough. It seemed that was a recurring theme in her life, to be something or to have something, but not the necessary amount to make a difference.

Again she sighed. The puff of air being slow and defeated, sounding like a broken tune. She was so focused on the whirring of her brain that she hadn't noticed the wooden door across from her creaking open. A set of neat raven hair poking through the gap before the figure completely emerged. "There you are." His voice sounding relieved as he closed the door behind him, his steel grey eyes not leaving her form.

Arden looked up, blood red orbs landing on Levi as she sucked in a breath. Just feeling his presence had seemed to calm her, the stiffness of her posture relaxing slightly and the wraging storm in her mind beginning to tame under his intimate stare.

Levi watched her closely, her shoulders slumped, hands squeezing her arms as they folded over her chest. Brows furrowed upwards slightly and the corners of her lips tilting into a barely noticeable frown. Immediately he began walking towards her, hands subconsciously removing themselves from the pockets of his trousers.

"Sorry." Arden mumbled, clearing her throat to rid it of the lump she felt. Swallowing hard and then licking her lips which felt dry like sand. "I shouldn't have just left like that, it was stupid." She sighed again, shaking her head as she glanced down to her feet.

But Levi scoffed, stopping a foot infront of her and raising a single brow at the woman, "Tch. The only thing that's stupid, is that you're apologising." He quipped back, offering the woman a playful smirk.

To which she found her gaze softening at the man, a half smile spreading across her lips for only a second before it was gone again. When she looked into his eyes, she could see the sympathy dancing across them. Phil had said that Kain was 'missing', and in this world of man-eating Titan's, missing usually meant dead. Levi probably thought that Kain was dead, like everyone else. Afterall, how could he not? It wasn't often that soldiers would face groups of Titans and survive.

But Arden didn't want that look of sympathy, she knew that Kain was alive. She knew that. And even if it made her sound like a crazy person grieving she would make sure everyone else knew. "At the risk of sounding like I'm in denial, Kain is fine. I know my brother, and I know that if he's gone, then he's gone for a reason." She offered strongly, standing a bit straighter as her eyes desperately searched his.

"I agree with you." Levi stated, surprising Arden as she could hear the genuinity in his voice when he continued, "Kain's a crazy bastard, and reckless. But the kids got guts. I don't think he's insane enough to get himself killed without reason."

Looking at him through her long lashes, Arden felt a warmth spread through her chest. He believed her and for some reason that comforted her more than Drystan confirming that Kain was alive and well. Perhaps it was because she didn't trust the greater demon and hearing the words from someone she cared about and trusted unconditionally, offered her more comfort, allowing the words to sound more believable coming from Levi.

With a gentle gaze, Arden found the corners of her lips pulling up into a delicate smile, her words a soft melody, "Thankyou, Levi."

Nodding, Levi reached out, brushing a strand of hair away from her forehead before gently tucking it behind her ear. His head tilting with the action and his eyes lingering on the soft rosy glow of her cheeks. With an expression much softer than before, Levi reluctantly removed his hand and dropped it to his side. Gaze still focused on the woman before him, he began speaking, "Erwin is pulling together a platoon to go after the Armoured and Colossal. They manged to get Eren. And turns out, our mystery third shifter is Ymir."

"Ymir?" Arden repeated, her eyes widening in momentary shock. It was a surprise to hear that the energetic, scarcastic recruit was a shifter. But then again, it was the same for Reiner and Bertholdt. Both being sweet and dedicated soldiers on the surface, but secretly plotting the downfall of humanity. Arden could only hope that Ymir wasn't working with them or sharing the same agenda.

Levi hummed in agreeance, "Reports say she took on atleast 30 Titans by herself to protect the cadets in Utgard Castle. If she's with us, she'll make a great asset."

"Or an even greater enemy." Arden added somberly. Imagining Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie and Ymir working together was a frightful thought. Not to mention whatever their plans were with Eren. Humanity wouldn't stand a chance if more shifters gathered to fight against it. The only hope the people had was that the 3 Regiments would be able to come together to stop the threat before it grew unstoppable. Yet the Scouts dwindling numbers and less then desirable reputation at the moment wasn't looking good for anyone.

Levi looked down, his brows furrowing as though there was something on his mind that he wasn't quite sure whether to voice or not.

Noticing his expression, Arden leaned a little closer to him, "What is it?" She questioned, curious to know what it was that he was thinking about.

And as he looked up to see her curious stare, he took in a breath. His expression turning serious as both hands took a firm hold of her shoulders. "Erwin will be leaving soon, and if you want to go with him he won't deny you. Just say the word and we'll go."

Arden knew what he was doing. He was offering her anyway to feel comfort. Deep down, she knew that Levi was aware of her want to go after Kain, to find out exactly what it was that he was up to. And although she appreciated the idea, she couldn't. She didn't trust that Drystan would let her live if she left. Besides, her blood red orbs had wondered down to Levi's leg, specifically his ankle which was still far more injured then he let on. Even if no one else realised, Arden had caught the limp in the Captain's walk, found him gripping his leg when the pain became too much. Not to mention that it was her a few hours ago that had wrapped a bandage around his sprained ankle in the hopes that it would offer the joint more support to heal.

"'We'?" She repeated softly, not intending to hurt his feelings, "Levi, you can't go out there, you're still recovering."

"So were you a few hours ago." He quipped back before sighing and shaking his head. His hands moving from her shoulders as they began slowly rubbing up and down her upper arms. "Listen, Arden. Nothing is going to stop me from being with you when you need me. If you decide you want to go out there, then I'm with you."

Staring, Arden opened her mouth but found it hanging there for a few seconds, fumbling for words that died on her tongue. She wanted to tell him about Drystan's threat to kill her if she 'meddled' by leaving. But she couldn't. Levi didn't know about the existence of the demon realm, but she couldn't help the betraying thought that things might've been easier if he did.

Looking down, she swallowed a lump that had begun to form in her throat. Her shoulders tensing under Levi's hands when she clenched her fists at her sides. "It's better if we stay." She whispered, biting her lip.

Watching her intensely, Levi knew that despite her words, it wasn't what Arden wanted. But if it was what she chose, he would respect that. His hand came under her lowered head, taking a gentle hold of her chin and lifting until their gazes met. "You sure?" He questioned softly, wanting to make sure that she was certain about her decision.

And not trusting her mouth to say the right words, Arden nodded her head. Palms feeling sweaty as they still stayed clenched at her sides.

"Okay." Levi responded, his hand moving from her chin to wrap around her shoulders, pulling her into him. His other arm took a comfortable hold of her waist, giving it a gentle squeeze. Turning his head, he pressed a light kiss to her head before she buried her face into the crook of his neck. Her own hands coming up to wrap around his back.

It wasn't often that the two had hugged, but whenever they did, there was an indescribable feeling of security between them. A certain safety and comfort. One that had only blossomed with time into something beautiful and enchanting. Like a flower that had been victim of tough trials during its youth, but now had found exactly what it needed to overcome its trials and bloom until it was strong enough to withstand anything.

That is what Levi and Arden were to one another; the strength to carry on and become more than what the wicked had planned for them.

~•~

The dark days are crazy. It feels like time is just flying by and I'm not even realising.

I did the last chapter and then chilled for a bit. But then I realised that a whole ass week had passed, but it only felt like two  days 😭😭😭

I don't like how quick time is passing lately. Its not nice 🤧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1.1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...
310 3 6
"Hard times are often blessings in disguise. You must let go and let life strengthen you. No matter how much it hurts, hold your head and keep going...
9.7K 355 50
Merciana Sheehan knew she was born from the Underground, but her entire childhood was a blur. After graduating from the Cadet Core and joining th...
205K 8.1K 55
"I feel like I've known you. I need to know who you once were to me." As an only daughter, Celine Austerlitz was given everything she could ever want...