Mend My Heart

De deetronite

One mistake at work lands Maya Knight paying off a debt in the hands of a troubled, wealthy, and undeniably a... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
New Book Alert.

Chapter 10

8K 590 59
De deetronite

As I sprinted back to my assigned room, I couldn’t quite contain the giddy feeling that was brewing in my chest. Oh my gosh! Mr. Duke is way more attractive with his shirt off and he freaking made a move on me whilst I was wearing nothing but a flimsy drying towel. Wait, why the hell did I feel excited about that? Better yet, did that mean he finds me attractive?

Of course, he does. He finds anything in a skirt appealing, my subconscious jested and for the first time, I agreed with that devil. Come on, this is the same guy who was sucking faces with some random woman last night. It’s purely indicative of the fact that he was quite promiscuous and had wandering eyes.

But he touched, well, wrapped his hand around my waist! Hell, his abs and pecs are so prominent it’s like he was chiselled or something. All of a sudden, my body began to feel hot all over that I dashed into the bathroom and took a cold shower this time around to cool off. When I came back out, skin temperature toned down, I heard faint angry stomps from somewhere followed by a loud yell, “You can bloody screw yourself, you snub nosed bastard!” And then came a loud bang as the door was shut thunderously.

It didn’t take a genius to guess that that was probably his last night fling. Used one night, disposed off the next morning like a piece off toilet paper. I felt kind of sorry for her; nobody deserved to be used just in order to gratify somebody’s libido. It’s not right and inexcusable.

Ignoring my clattered thoughts, I changed into my outfit for the day which consisted of high waisted red jeans, a long-sleeved white crop top and a pair of white flats. Since I didn’t have a hair dryer, I decided to just comb my hair and let it air dry. I contemplated on whether I should call Lexi and inform her of what had happened but I reckoned it was still night time over in Malibu so I opted to call her later.

About ten minutes later, a knock came to my door. I got up to open it, only to find Ann on the other end. She rushed into my room. “I don’t know what it is that you have done but Mr. Duke wants you in the dining room right now,” she informed me in a panicked tone. I frowned at this.

“Really? Did he sound angry?” I asked and she bit her lip.

“Well, he’s a bit hard to read at times. He seemed serious but passive aggressive as well. My suggestion to you is that you get your innocent self there right now. I don’t think it’s going to be good though.”

I shrugged flippantly and made my way to said dining area. I wonder what it is that he has to say to me. After the encounter we had not too long ago, I couldn’t help but be curious. When I entered the room, he was seated at the head of the table, typing away on his iPhone. Noticing my presence, he set his phone on the table and looked straight into my eyes. They were cold, hard and filled with anger?

“You called for me?” I said calmly and he nodded at me. He was giving me a weird vibe. Was he bipolar or something?

He set his hands in front of him and clasped them. “The duration of your stay here, you will do as I say. Every meal I am to have, you will serve to me. I return late at night most nights, but you will not go to bed before I arrive. You will also assist Meredith and do everything she says. Other than this, I have the right to make requests of you and you will have no choice but to say yes-,”

“That doesn’t include anything sexual right?” I blurted out without thinking and he closed his eyes, and exhaled. What? Wouldn’t you ask the same if some man you only started to really know just yesterday said that any request he makes you should accept? Is this guy Christian Grey?

“Of course not. What exists between us is strictly a professional relationship. It will never be anything more. Do you understand that?” He gritted out through clenched teeth, and I felt my stomach knot. I couldn’t understand why he was all of a sudden being so callous. My throat felt clogged so I just bobbed my head in understanding. “Good. Now, head on over to the kitchen and bring my breakfast. I have to leave for work soon,” he said and waved me off.

Turning my back to him, I subdued the urge to stick my tongue out at him and left the room. This man is a damn bastard like that woman had said. I cannot believe that I had for a millisecond thought he was interested in me and that there was something was brewing between us. Uh, the horror! So, he had brought me all the way to London to be his private waitress? I really should have escaped to Tijuana whilst I still had the chance.

Entering the kitchen, I found Matt having already served Mr. Duke’s food and Ann was getting ready to take the dishes to him. “Actually, I’ll be serving his royal highness his food from now onwards. Part of my debt to him, I guess,” I said dryly and took up the tray in my hands. Ann shot me a sympathetic look whilst Matt had this sort of small smirk on his face. What was that about?

On my way back to the that jerk-ass, I contemplated on whether or not I should spit on his coffee. I was so close to doing it but my conscience kicked in in the nick of time. Re-entering the room, I set the tray down on the dining table and set his food in front of him. “Will that be all for now, sir?” I asked in a way I would ask other customers at Ooh La Food. Heck, he was treating me like a servant so I was going to treat him just like any other rich, stuck-up master. Tit for tat. 

He shook his head no and began to have at his grub, and I took that moment to curtsey dramatically and left once again. I wonder what had taken place between now and what happened upstairs. His demeanour has changed suddenly and it was downright detestable. Now I knew why most workers at Ooh La Food did not enjoy serving him or Yolanda. Those two were basically made for each other.

Meredith appeared out of nowhere and made me almost crap my pants. “You British folks need to stop scaring people like that! Would it kill you to be normal?” I seethed lowly, and yes, holding my chest in fright. 

She rolled her eyes at me. “Suck it up, Knight. I take it that you’ve been finally put in your place,” she said in a triumphant tone. Oh, so she was eavesdropping? “Anyhow, the children are upstairs and will be needing your assistance to get ready for the day. Have them down 8.30 for breakfast with their grandmother. When the rain stops, you’ll be escorting them to the neighbourhood park,” she dictated in the most tyrannical manner that I thought Mussolini had somehow possessed her.

Just this once, I didn’t have a saucy retort for her and chose to just brush past her on my way to the grand staircase. With Meredith up my ass, the children trying to drive me insane, Ms. Duke hovering over me like a helicopter and Mr. Duke sending me mixed signals, my chances of surviving here were very slim. What had I done to deserve such a punishment? I pay my taxes… most of the times. I’d never stolen anything, except that one time I stole the school’s flag in middle school and made it into a kimono; but besides that, I had never done anything that terrible.

I didn’t bother to knock on the little monsters’ door but simply barged in. They were both seated on the carpeted floor, going over some details on a chart that had the words ‘Operation Destroy American’ on it. Holy moly, were these kids actually planning on annihilating me? That’s so cute; to think that they are so tiny and have this warped way of thinking. I wonder where they get that from?

From their jerk of a father, that’s for sure

Quickly putting the large manila away, they both stood side by side and looked up at me with doe eyes. I have to admit it, they were good. So good, that I almost went over and pinched their adorable little cheeks. But I wasn’t going to forget what they had done this morning! I’ve been called a prankster many times, especially when I was in high school, but this prank they pulled deserved to be in the Guinness book of world records. It was ingenious, day I say, but I was going to get them back for this.

For America!

I moved closer to them and bent down to their eye level. “You two think you’re so smart, pulling that stunt. I’ll admit that it was brilliant but too bad you dad found out about it. It totally blew up in your little red faces,” I taunted them with a wicked smirk and Brianna stuck her tongue out at me. 

Aiden crossed his arms. “Well, you were humiliated in the process so mission accomplished. You’ll be running for the hills in no time and you’ll leave our daddy once and for all!” he growled at me in his cat like voice. 

“Hey, I don’t even like your father like that. The only reason I’m here is because-,” I stopped myself. How was I going to explain the real reason why I was here to a pair of toddlers? Heck, I bet it would also sound insane to them too.

“Because you’re trying to be daddy’s mistress!” Brianna pointed an accusatory finger at me. “We’ve seen the way he looks at you, and the way you looked at him. Don’t you dare deny it!”

Great, now these creatures were formulating conspiracy theories in their tiny, air-filled heads. Damn, so I wasn’t the only one thinking that Mr. Duke and I had a moment earlier this morning. But why should I care? There is no way in hell that anything could possibly brew between the both of us.

Is there?

_______________________

Friday's update!

Did you enjoy it?

I don't really have much to say right now but... Enjoy your weekend ❤️

Guys, if you have any suggestions you can hit up my inbox anytime.

Remember to vote, comment and share ❤️

~Deetronite

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

7.3K 230 25
"Something snapped her back to reality. As she looked past Nolan, she saw a black car-a black SUV. It swerved past the other cars, narrowly avoiding...
673 1 5
Powerfully passionate, breathtakingly sexy and completely addictive. This is no ordinary billionaire romance. Read the first few chapters of my deb...
176K 3.8K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
15 0 34
Maya finds herself battling between two lovers and the streets. Maya has always been that chick who rode out for her friends. She always made a way o...