Prevail - [Charles Leclerc]

Da curvaparabolica

"𝑾𝒆 π’˜π’†π’“π’† π’Žπ’‚π’…π’† 𝒕𝒐 π’“π’Šπ’”π’† 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’Šπ’•."NO TRANSLATIONS ALLOWED. Altro

[P R O L O G U E]
[P L A Y L I S T]
Un
Deux
Trois
Quatre
Cinq
Six
Sept
Huit
Neuf
Dix
Onze
Douze
Treize
Quatorze
Quinze
Seize
Dix-Sept
Dix-Huit
Dix-Neuf
Vingt
Vingt-et-Un
Vingt-Deux
Vingt-Trois
Vingt-Quatre
Vingt-Cinq
Vingt-Six
Vingt-Sept
Vingt-Huit
Vingt-Neuf
Trente-Et-Un
Trente-Deux
Trente-Trois
Trente-Quatre
Trente-Cinque
Trente-Six
Trente-Sept
Trente-Huit
Trente-Neuf
Quarante
[E P I L O G U E]

Trente

11.8K 231 27
Da curvaparabolica

"You look amazing, baby," Charles compliments Sara on the black, short dress she's wearing, leaning forward over the sink in the bathroom as she applies a layer of red lipstick. "Thank you," Sara said, feeling the kiss he pressed to her bare shoulder. "Are you ready for tonight?" Charles asked. "I guess I am, I hope I am, don't think I am," Sara mutters, causing him to chuckle as his hands slide over her hips to draw her in, his nose catching a whiff of her perfume as she spritzed it on. She turned around in his embrace, sliding her hands up his chest, smoothing out the fine material of his shirt. "We'll be fine," he says, making her nod. "Alright, the car is ready for us," Sara said, her phone lighting up with the text of her driver, which her father had send. She reached for her purse, putting her phone in and making sure she didn't forget anything. Charles went to put his jacket on, taking his gun and putting it behind his belt at the back of his slacks. Sara saw it, but she didn't say anything about it. Charles kissed her cheek when he opened the door for her, and they walked outside.

The door of the car opened for them, the driver greeting Sara and Charles in a friendly way. They sat down in the backseat, Sara let out a soft sigh, checking the time when they got in, already calculating when they would be back in the apartment after the party. Charles' hand moved to her thigh, his touch warm and comforting as his fingers turned slow circles on her skin, telling her once more that they would be fine. The driver brought them to the property Sara her family owned in Ibiza, which was a spacious villa with a large garden. Sara knew her mother would have probably outdone herself with the organisation of the party. Veronica Abril truly knew how to throw a good party. The ride took about fifteen minutes, and the driver stopped the car at the end of the driveway. He got out to open the door for them. Charles got out first, offering Sara his hand, which she gladly took. Their fingers loosely entwined, and she adjusted her dress with her free hand, grabbing onto her purse as they walked down the carpet to the door. They were welcomed by the staff of the house, and they greeted Sara with a smile, which she returned.

Charles let go of her hand to reach for two glasses of champagne when one of the staff walked around with a plate of welcome drinks. Sara took it from him, wrapping her fingers around the stem off the fine glass before taking a sip. The entrance hall looked the same for as far as she could remember, except for the fresh layer of paint over the balustrade of the stairs that curled up to the first floor. A large Christmas tree was still occupying a lot of space in the middle, golden and silver ornaments decorating the at least three meter tall three that didn't even reach the insanely high ceiling of the villa. She swore her mother had watched the new Dynasty series and told Matteo Abril that she wanted the same villa as Fallon Carrington. Sara rose her eyebrows at her thoughts while she continued to sip on her champagne. Charles' hand brushed over her lower back, his eyes scanning the room and the people. "We should go to the garden," Sara said, making him nod. He followed her as she walked in front of him. He watched her greet some people she obviously knew. Charles remembered that they went to Ibiza usually every summer at least once, and then maybe during Christmas.

From what he could see, the Abril family continued that tradition, and had also celebrated Christmas here. The garden of the residence was lit up beautifully, Greek statues lined up alongside the pool as if Veronica had wanted to recreate Olympus right in her backyard. Charles liked the flowers in the simple garden he had, no need for bombastic things like these. Sara never complained about anything in his house, so he guessed she thought the same about the too enthusiastic garden design they were seeing now. "Sara!" The voice of her mother broke his thoughts. "My darling," Veronica spoke, making her way up to her daughter. "I'm so happy you're here, and so is your father," she cooed, wrapping Sara up in a hug. "And you look so beautiful, I suppose your husband is taking good care of you?" Veronica asked, looking between the two after kissing Charles' cheek. His arm was wrapped around her, pulling her gently into his side. "Of course I am, Mrs. Abril," Charles replied, the charming smile and his cute dimples directed at her mother was enough for her to clasp her hands together in satisfaction.

"Your father needs to see you, Sara. He just went into his office. Charles, let me introduce you to a friend of the family, he has been a part of your father's crew before," Veronica said, already on her way to guide Charles there. "It's fine, mon coeur," Charles spoke, seeing the look on Sara's face as she was about to say that he didn't have to follow her mother at all. "You go see your father, I suppose it's important," he said. Sara nodded slowly. "Alright. Don't believe too much stupid things they say," she muttered, causing him to chuckle. He pressed a kiss to her lips and watched her place the empty glass of champagne on the plate of one of the staff before walking back into the house. Sara gave some small smiles to the people who greeted her, all vague acquaintances of the family, who knew her from the family gatherings and events of her father's crew and partners. She found her way upstairs, perfectly remembering that the large doors at the end of the hallway led to her father's office. The doors looked loud and obnoxious in the cream coloured design of the rest of the house, with their dark mahogany form, the golden doorknobs symbolizing for her what her father stood for: a self-centered asshole.

Sara knocked on the doors, which opened soon after. Matteo Abril was seated behind his desk, a glass of liquor in his hand and the smell of his cigar caused her nose to crunch in disgust nearly right away. "Sara, darling. I'm relieved you decided to come to the party," Matteo spoke up, leaving his cigar in the ashtray. Sara forced a small smile to curl her lips. "Mom said you were looking for me," she said, getting to the topic right away. "That's true," he nodded, sitting up a bit more straight. The door fell closed behind her, the echo of it audible even in his office. "What's Dennis doing here?" She asked, looking at the man who stood next to the door, guarding as she was used to, but it was strange to her that he was here. Had Charles sent him? "He's still working for us," Matteo replied, making her frown. Dennis looked straight in front of him, his face not reflecting any kind of emotion. "What do you mean still? He's one of Charles' guards," Sara said. "That doesn't matter, he also works for me," Matteo continued with a shrug. "And Dennis came with very useful information about the business of your boyfriend, Sara," he said.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Sara said, the frown on her face only increasing as she felt her heart rate going up. Was Charles in trouble? "He is sticking his nose into someone else's business and he needs to stop that," Matteo said. "I don't understand," Sara said, looking from Dennis to her father. "Charles is looking for the killer of his father, and he needs to stop looking," The mafia boss simply replied. "Why do you care?" Sara asked, getting annoyed that she was not getting any information now. "You're not involved in his business anymore, dad. Hell, he doesn't even want to do business with you. Don't come and tell me useless things to prevent your competition. Charles can do whatever the fuck he wants and it's not my job to tell him and back down. He keeps me out of his office and I have no idea whatever he's working on," Sara rose her voice, causing her father to stand up from behind his desk. "You're blind, Sara," he started laughing. "I killed Hervé Leclerc," he said, placing his empty glass back. Sara let the words come down, taking a step back from his desk.

Dennis stepped in front of the doors, an apologetic look on his face as he couldn't let her leave yet. "Charles is looking for the killer, and he should look away. I know he's been sticking his nose in my circle for a couple of weeks already. The nerve he has to show up here even," Matteo gritted. "My partners will guide him on another track that ends dead, but if he keeps coming back to me, he will end up dead," her father spoke. "What the fuck?" Sara replied, feeling her eyes becoming watery. "Dennis will make sure you don't tell him about this conversation. The consequences will have to include that he finds his death the same way as his father. Now, be a good daughter for me, Sara. I know you can do that." Sara was in shock about everything, she seemed to be frozen to her spot, but she managed to reach for the picture frame on the edge of his desk, she threw it to the floor, letting the glass shatter. "Get her out," Matteo ordered, and Dennis reached for her arms to pull her back. "You are the most egoistic asshole I've ever met! I will tell Charles everything, you're already death to me, you-" Dennis clasped his hand over her mouth as the doors opened and they reached the hallway.

"Sara, stop," Dennis ordered, holding her while she struggled and fought against his grip. "I won't hurt you, just stop fighting me," he continued, and once she realized it had no use, she calmed down. "You can't tell him," Dennis spoke, looking into her eyes once he could take his hand away from her mouth. "Your father will kill him, and don't forget that he's been doing this for a long time," he continued. "He can go fuck himself," Sara spat, wiping her cheeks as she realized her makeup was ruined and she would have to fix it before Charles would see it and ask her if anything was wrong. "Charles can't know, and you have to guide him away from seeking the killer of his father, no matter how hard it is," Dennis said. "Why should I trust you in all of this? You'll probably tell my dad the moment I say anything about it," she sniffled, looking up at Dennis with a frown. "I'm not there to be a snitch, Sara. I'm there to help and guide you if you need. You have to trust me, it's the best for both of us," Dennis spoke, an apologetic look in his eyes once more. "Then work together with Charles, work together to knock my dad of his high horse and put him six feet under," Sara said.

Dennis shook his head. "I can't, he has a power over me," his voice softened. "I can't," he repeated. "What do I do now?" Sara asked, suddenly relying on the Norseman, while she had never really trusted him before. Charles' life was in her hands, and if Dennis could help her relief that stress, then she had to trust him. "You go fix yourself in the restroom, take a drink from the bar and walk out as if nothing happened. You can play pretend really well, Sara. Use that skill now. There will be a solution and you will find a way," Dennis said. "Okay," Sara replied, feeling a bit defeated. She went into the restroom, Dennis waiting for her outside. She leaned her hands on the sink, using a paper towel to wipe the mascara away. She took a deep breath, looking at herself as she fixed her makeup. Her father was playing a game, thinking he was the game master. But, she is an Abril after all, and she could play the exact same game. Could she?

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

3.2M 133K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
2.6M 147K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancΓ©e because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
115K 3.1K 26
"Time to go Maia, you're on" Some would say she was a natural on that pole, others would say that she was better than most of the girls who had been...
365K 5.6K 40
Slipping down a dark path can be pretty self-destructive. Especially when you can't come out. "I need you, Charles... I need you now". ---- Disclai...