The Stranger on the Train

By Just_writing_a_bit

Y/n is on her way to New York to start a new life there. On the train she meets a blonde woman and her daught... More

Chapter 1: Dolphins
Chapter 2: Drawings
Chapter 3: Goodbye for now
Chapter 4: New York
Chapter 5: First day
Chapter 6: See you again
Chapter 7: Park
Chapter 8: Second job
Chapter 9: Walks and talks
Chapter 10: Gossip
Chapter 11: I'm famous
Chapter 12: Dinner
Chapter 13: Second job and apartment
Chapter 14: Moving day
Chapter 15: Emergency
Chapter 16: Little dolphin
Chapter 17: Good morning
Chapter 18: Casual Thursday
Chapter 19: Saturday night
Chapter 20: Movies and storm
Chapter 21: Another morning
Chapter 22: Important talk
Chaper 23: First date
Chapter 24: Fancy restaurant
Chapter 25: Marvel
Chapter 26: Little waitress
Chapter 27: Hot
Chapter 28: Lotion and water guns
Chapter 29: Movies
Chapter 30: Taking care
Chapter 31: Is it my fault?
Chapter 32: Second date
Chapter 33: Will you be my girlfriend?
Chapter 34: Questions
Chapter 35: Gold digger
Chapter 36: Lizzie
Chapter 37: Girls night
Chapter 38: Boat date
Chapter 39: New opportunities and costumes
Chapter 40: Halloween
Chapter 41: Aquarium
Chapter 42: Tourist things
Chapter 43: First time*
Chapter 44: Florence
Chapter 45: Warm enough*
Chapter 46: Holiday plans
Chapter 47: Scarlett's birthday
Chapter 48: Cooking with Flo
Chapter 49: Thanksgiving and jealousy
Chapter 50: Spa Day
Chapter 51: Full relaxation
Chapter 52: Swimming lesson
Chapter 53: Cookies and skates
Chapter 54: Future plans
Chapter 55: Birthday
Chapter 56: Trust
Chapter 57: School problems
Chapter 58: Train and family meeting
Chapter 59: Christmas morning
Chapter 60: Grave
Chapter 61: Exes and Stars
Chapter 62: Back home
Chapter 63: New Year
Chapter 64: The new job
Chapter 65: Night out
Chapter 66: New apartment
Chapter 68: Sick
Chapter 69: Cloud 9
Chapter 70: Pleasure
Chapter 71: Furniture shopping
Chapter 72: Goodbye
Chapter 73: Zoo
Chapter 74: Valentine's Day
Chapter 75: Snow day
Chapter 76: Winter break
Chapter 77: Just keep swimming
Chapter 78: Rumors
Chapter 79: Rose's birthday
Chapter 80: Surprise
Chapter 81: Poor baby
Chapter 82: You're not her mother!
Chapter 83: Black Widow and L.A.
Chapter 84: Anniversary
Chapter 85: Skinny dipping and more
Chapter 86: Horse back riding
Chapter 87: Beach Day
Chapter 88: Bachelorette and flower girl
Chapter 89: Venue and puzzle pieces
Chapter 90: Lizzie's wedding
Chapter 91: Red carpet
Chapter 92: Strawberries and loose teeth
Chapter 93: Florida
Chapter 94: I will always protect you
Chapter 95: Welcome to the mile high club
Chapter 96: London
Chapter 97: Lost
Chapter 98: Camping
Chapter 99: Finally diving in the ocean
Chapter 100: One plus one equals love
Book 2 is out now!

Chapter 67: Snow

4.8K 204 24
By Just_writing_a_bit

Pov y/n

The park is quite full but we find a nice spot and stop there. I'm currently pulling the sledge with Rose on it. Rose is in her snowsuit again and looks adorable, the hat pulled down a little further to keep her ears warm and gloves keep her hands warm.

There isn't much left of her that's not covered but it looks so cute. Scarlett is also dressed in a warm jacket, snow boots, a hat, gloves and a scarf. She has her hands in her jacket pockets to keep them extra warm.
On her face there is a happy smile and she watches me and Rose discuss which would be the best way to slide down the hill.
Rose looks at me in doubt when I point out the way I'd suggest.

"But my way looks like it's faster." She argues and eyes the hill again.
I look at her way as well and slowly nod.

I agree with her and she directs the sledge before sitting down on it.
She looks up at me and I tilt my head in question. She pads the space behind her and with a smile I sit behind her. Rose puts her feet up onto the sledge and I can see Scarlett pulling out her phone before I give us a little push and put my feet up as well.
I hold onto the sledge, my arms on either side of Rose to keep her safe.

She cheers when we slide down the hill and I laugh, this is fun!
I use my feet to slow us down before we bump into anything or anyone and get off the sledge when we're standing. Rose stays seated and grins up at me, making puppy dog eyes at me.

"Can you pull me up again? Pleaseee?" She drags out and I sigh a little but smile and nod.

She cheers and claps before holding onto the sledge again. While I'm pulling her up, I see Scarlett holding her phone up and pointing it at us. I wave to her and know she's smiling but can't see it from the distance.
When we arrive up on the hill again, I'm slightly out of breath and take a second to catch it. Scarlett grins a bit and takes a picture of me. I shoot her a playful glare but she just throws me an air kiss that I roll my eyes at but catch.

"Again, Mama!" Rose exclaims and pads the sledge behind her again.
I nod and sit behind her, holding on and pushing us off the hill again. Rose laughs and cheers as we slide down the hill and I laugh as well and stop before we crash into a tree.

"That was fun!" She says and claps her hands excitedly. I nod.
"It was and we were so fast!" I agree and get off, so we can go up again.
Once again, Rose looks at me with big eyes.

"Can you pull me up again?" She asks and I raise my eyebrows but smile.

"Did you only ask me to join you on the ride down, so that I would pull you back up?" I ask and Rose giggles a bit, answering my question with that.
"And because it is fun." She adds. I narrow my eyes a little but keep the smile on my lips so she knows I'm not really mad.

"You're sneaky." I say and pull her hat into her face. She laughs and pushes it back up. I take the rope and pull her back up.

"How about you ask your mom to ride down with you next time?" I suggest and Rose nods, agreeing to my suggestion. We arrive back up on the hill and I open my jacket, feeling warm from pulling her up the hill. Scarlett watches me, a slightly scolding look on her face.

"Just for a moment to cool off." I explain and she nods.

"Will you slide down with me, Mommy?" Rose asks and I smirk to myself.
Scarlett puts her phone away and nods. I watch them get settled on the sledge and pull out my own phone to take a picture before putting it away again.

This time Scarlett gives them the push and I watch as they slide off the hill. Rose's laughter is heard up to here and I smile.
But the smile fades when I notice the sledge tilting slowly to one side until it tips over and both land in the snow, sliding a few more meters down the hill.

I hurry to get down as well, scared they are hurt. Scarlett gets up first and seems to be okay. Rose also gets up and it sounds like she is laughing but I'm not sure.
I slip and fall onto my butt, sliding down the last few meters until I'm with them. Scarlett is currently asking if Rose is okay. Rose nods and laughs, saying it was fun. Her mom chuckles a bit and fixes Rose's hat, she also doesn't seem hurt. Now she notices me and I get up, rubbing my butt.

"Are you both okay?" I ask and look from one to the other. Both nod and Rose tells me how it felt and that it was actually fun.
Scarlett looks at Rose with a little shake of her head and a little smile before looking at me.

"Are you okay?" She asks when Rose goes to get the sledge that slid down a bit further down. I wave it of and brush some snow off my pants.

"Yeah, just fell on my butt as I hurried to get to you." I explain and for a second, something sparkles in her eyes.
"Does it hurt badly?" She asks, trying to hide a laugh. I grin a bit and shake my head.

"Nah, it's fine, don't worry." I assure her and she nods before placing a kiss on my nose and looking at Rose who comes up with the sledge.

We go up the hill together again and this time Rose goes alone, while Scarlett and I watch her. She squeals happily and comes back up, wanting to go again.

We end up staying there for quite a while as Rose sledges down the hill over and over again, trying out different routes. Sometimes she waits until other children in front of her make room. Scarlett and I watch her, my arm wrapped around her waist and hers around my shoulder.
When Rose has enough of sledging, we take a few last pictures, to remember this day and ask another mother to take a picture of us with Rose between us on the sledge.

We head home and it honestly feels good to be inside the warm car because standing got pretty cold.
Rose is still excited about the snow and luckily, the streets are emptier because of the snow, which is good since it's also a bit slippery on the streets.

When we arrive home, I peel off my jacket and get out of my boots. Rose and Scarlett do the same and I am happy when I can fall onto the couch.
Scarlett goes to the kitchen to make us some tea and Rose goes up to her room to come back down a few minutes later with a board game she wants to play.
I get up and we sit at the dinner table, preparing the game.
When Scarlett sits down next to me and gives me my cup of tea, I look at her thankfully and wrap my hands around the warm cup. Even though I was wearing gloves, my fingers still feel frozen and the heat just feels good right now.

I listen as Rose explains the rules of the game and shortly after we start to play. All of us get pretty eager to win and when I am kicked out, I huff.
"You teamed up against me." I say and look between the two blondes. Rose just smiles innocently and Scarlett chuckles, kissing my cheek.

"You can't kiss yourself out of this." I say and point to her.
Rose laughs and slides off her chair to come around the table and climbing onto my lap, peppering my face in kisses, making me laugh and melting my heart.

"Fine, you maybe can." I say softly when Rose stops and beams at me. She grins smugly at her mother before hugging me.
Scarlett playfully glares at me but I can see the love in her eyes. Rose lets go of me and I place a kiss on her forehead before letting her go back to her seat to continue the game.

"Still mad at me?" Scarlett asks and her eyes sparkle in delight. I nod and cross my arms. She laughs and leans closer, kissing my cheeks.

"I'm sure, I can make it up to you." She whispers into my ear and I feel a little shiver run through me as she leans back and smirks a bit before paying attention to Rose and the game again.

I inhale a breath and try to calm myself before getting up and taking mine and Scarlett's cup to the sink, washing them out. Then I start to prepare sandwiches because I am getting hungry and I'm sure, so are the other two.

Just as I am about to finish, Rose cheers loudly and I look over to see she won. She claps and giggles when Scarlett gets up to pick her up and tickle her.
Rose squirms a little in her mother's arms and her laugh fills the kitchen, which makes my heart soar with happiness.
As soon as Scarlett puts her down, Rose bolts off to hide behind me. Scarlett approaches me and leans her hip against the counter, pulling a goofy face, when Rose peeks from behind me. By her expression, I can tell, that Rose did a goofy face as well and laugh at their antics.

"Can't lose?" I tease Scarlett and slide her over the plate with her sandwich. She huffs a bit.

"I can lose but I am sure, she played some kind of trick on me to win." She answers and looks at Rose, who giggles even more.

"The trick is called being better in this game than you." Rose shoots and runs away again as Scarlett takes after her again. I laugh as I watch them run around the kitchen counter. On their third round, I catch Rose and pick her up, making the girl squeal a little. Scarlett stops and grins at us.

"How about a truce?" I offer and Rose nods, grinning at her mom. Scarlett nods.
"Alright, this time you got away." She jokes and pokes Rose's side, making her giggle, before taking her sandwich and sitting at the counter.
I put Rose down and she sits down as well and I slide her plate over to her before joining them and in silence we eat our sandwiches.

When she's done, Rose bounces in her seat and without thinking about it, I reach out one arm to be able to catch her if she should slip.
"Can we go play in the snow again?" She asks and looks from Scar to me. I nod.

"You two go ahead, I'll clean the kitchen and come out after that." Scar says and I give her a thankful smile. Rose nods and already makes her way to the hallway where her outside clothes are. I quickly finish my sandwich and follow her and a few minutes later, we are in the backyard.

"What do you wanna do, little dolphin?" I ask and Rose looks around a bit. It looks cute how the snow almost goes up to her knees and how she has to wade through the snow. She dabs her chin.

"How about building a snow family?" She suggests and her eyes light up a little at her own idea. It's adorable and I agree. We decide to first build a snowwoman and split up the balls we have to make for that. Rose makes the head while I make the lowest. It takes us about the same amount of time since Rose takes more time, wading through the snow. The middle ball is quickly made and we put them together. The snowwoman is around the same height as Rose, so she can reach everything.

"This is Mommy." Rose explains to me and I smile.

"Alright, so we also need to make you then?" I ask and Rose nods.

"And you." She adds and I smile softly, my heart fluttering a little. Even though I already know that Rose loves me, it still makes me happy whenever she expresses this love in any way.

"How about we make you first?" I offer and Rose nods. So, we make three snowballs again but this time they are smaller and therefore quicker made. We put them together and Rose claps happily, eying her snowmom and her snowself. We didn't have rocks to use them for the mouth or a carrot, so we decided to cave the faces into the snowwomen. It may be a little crooked but Rose seems satisfied with it and that's all that matters.

Now we are making me, once again Rose does the head-snowball and I make the bottom one. I'm just rolling the ball when suddenly something hits my back. I turn around and another snowball hits my chest. Scarlett stands a few meters away and laughs, holding another snowball in her hand, looks like she is done with her tasks in the kitchen. Rose looks from her mom to me before grabbing some snow and forming a small snowball to throw it at me as well. She misses but doesn't care and gets another handful of snow. I narrow my eyes at Scarlett, who smirks mischievously.

"Oh, I'm so gonna get back at you for that." I growl playfully and quickly make a snowball myself but when I get up, I am hit by another one. This time I hear Rose cheering, knowing she was the one who hit me.

"Now you're teaming up again?" I ask and they both laugh and Rose nods. I aim and throw my snowball at Scarlett, who ditches it easily and smirks even wider.

But I am quick and make another one, this time aiming at Rose. I am careful not to throw too hard and hurt her. It bursts on her stomach and she squeals a bit, running to hide behind a snowwoman.
In my peripheral I can see Scarlett making snowballs and run away from my previous spot because a moving target is a harder target.
She just laughs and tries to hit me but fails, making me raise a fist in victory. I stop and collect some snow and throw it at her as she's leaning down to get some herself. It hits her back and she shoots up, glaring at me and throwing the loose snow at me, which of course, doesn't reach me at all.

Then I am hit by another snowball and see Rose peeking from behind her snowmom. I spin around to her and walk towards her. She giggles and runs away, careful not to slip. I take after her while ditching a few snowballs, thrown at me by Scarlett, who seems to have a blast. After a few more rounds of chasing Rose, I catch her and pick her up, making her squeal and wiggle to free from my grip.

"Now you're mine." I tell her with a smile and she giggles.
I hold her up and use her as a shield, which is pretty effective because Scarlett doesn't seem to want to throw the snowballs at her daughter. They only hit my legs which I am fine with.
With Rose as my shield, I move to the two snowwoman and crouch down behind them, placing Rose back on the ground.

"Wanna help me defeat your mom?" I ask Rose and her eyes light up in excitement and she nods.

"Alright, we are safe right now, as long as she doesn't change her position. I will make you snowballs and you throw them at her, okay?" I suggest and Rose grins and nods.

I quickly make her the first one and she peeks around the snowwoman and throws the ball. By the surprised noise from Scarlett, I can tell, that Rose hit her and I quickly hand her the next ball. Rose giggles the whole time and when I peek over the snow-Rose, I see Scarlett grinning widely. She seems to notice me and throws a snowball but I am quick to dug behind our cover. Rose continues to throw snowballs at her mother, missing a few times but she has fun and that's all that matters.
Eventually, I hear Scarlett talking again.

"Alright, I surrender, you two got me." She laughs and I look up from behind our protection to see her raising her hands in defeat. I jump up and high-five Rose.

"Ha! You think you can bring up Rose against me? Never, she's on my team now." I say proudly and laugh. Scarlett laughs at well and shakes her head.

Rose tugs on my hand and tells me she wants to continue making me as a snowwoman. I agree and since Scarlett is helping now as well, she makes the middle ball. We put it all together and carve a face into it. Rose stands between Scarlett and me, looking at the snow family we just created. She beams proudly up at us and I wrap my arm around her, giving her a little hug.

"That is us." She explains and even though I knew that already, I let her continue, finding it way to cute.

"This is me, this is Mommy and this is Mama." She points out the different snowwomen and smiles happily. "We are a happy family."

My heart warms up at her words. I never knew she viewed us at a family as well. I mean, I do see us as a family momentarily and I know Rose calls me 'Mama' but I never heard her say that she sees us as a family. Scarlett looks at me, her eyes soft and filled with love. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and give her cold cheek a kiss.

"Yes, we are." I agree to Rose's words and the little girl beams happily before turning around to us.

"I think I will go inside now, I'm cold." She tells us. "But thank you for playing with me, it was so much fun." She adds and hugs both of us. Scarlett brushes over Rose's head.

"I'll run you a bath in a bit, so you can warm up." She says and Rose nods before going inside.

Scarlett moves forward to the snowfamily and I let go of her. I turn to watch as Rose gets inside, leaving her wet clothes at the entrance, so she doesn't drip all over the floor. Her hair is a bit messy from the hat and her cheeks are red from the cold, it looks really cute.
Just as I turn back around, something really cold touches my whole face and I squeak in surprise. Scarlett laughs evilly and rubs the snow in my face before letting her hand sink. My whole face feels like it's freezing and I look at Scarlett, completely stunned.

"That was for bringing my kid up against me." She laughs and quickly bolts away when I run after her. We run around the backyard a bit but she is quicker than me and there is no chance in catching her. I slip and fall to the ground, once again. Scarlett stops and I can see she is holding back a laugh when looking at me.

"Are you okay?" She asks and comes closer. I pout a bit but nod. She offers me her hand and I let her pull me up but before she can react, I bring up my other hand full of snow and rub it into her face. She squeals a bit and pushes my hand away, playfully glaring at me.

"That was only fair." I laugh and shrug.
"It's so cold." She whines and I laugh even more.

"I know, my whole face is frozen since you did it to me." I tell her and she brushes off the snow and sighs.
"Fine, truce." She decides and I nod.

We head back inside and get out of our jackets, hats and gloves. Rose is upstairs.
"Will you run me a bath too?" I ask and make puppy dog eyes at Scar. She smiles and kisses me, her lips are surprisingly warm and my body warms up a little at the feeling of her lips on mine.

"I can prepare a shower for you." She offers and I nod.

"Fine. How about you join me then?" I grin smugly and she smirks a bit and kisses my lips.
"You'd like that, hm?" She asks back and I nod.

"It'd help to warm up your hands..." I trail off, making her blush a little.

"You and your dirty mind." She chuckles and pushes my hand away that trails down her side.

"I'd love to but I will take a quick shower on my own, I'm quicker then and can take care of dinner." She explains and I whine a little, making her laugh.

"Fine, but you're missing out on this." I say and sway my hips, trailing my hands down my own sides. Her eyes scan my body and she bites her lip.

"I will have to catch up on it later then." She winks at me and lightly smacks my butt, making me jump a bit. I sigh.

"Okay, but I want cuddles tonight." I say and point at her while walking backwards towards the stairs.

"That you can get." She says with a little laugh and I smile before turning around and go upstairs to take a warm shower.

A/n: Just some cute fluff. 

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 383 19
After getting a phone call from her cousin, Y/N, is offered an assistant job to an A-Lister Celebrity. Although it's not her dream to be an assistan...
206K 8.4K 37
A story between Scarlett Johansson and Y/N L/N. Y/N and Scarlett were best friends, they were inseparable until one day, Scarlett suddenly changed...
264K 9K 45
Book 1 "Two old friends meet again Wearin' older faces And talk about the places they've been" Y/N Y/L/N living her best life being a Pediatric Surg...
682K 19.7K 109
Elizabeth Olsen x Fem Reader Y/n is a senior NYFA film student in LA, with past's demons that still haunting her life; while Elizabeth grapples with...