The Stranger on the Train

By Just_writing_a_bit

Y/n is on her way to New York to start a new life there. On the train she meets a blonde woman and her daught... More

Chapter 1: Dolphins
Chapter 2: Drawings
Chapter 3: Goodbye for now
Chapter 4: New York
Chapter 5: First day
Chapter 6: See you again
Chapter 7: Park
Chapter 8: Second job
Chapter 9: Walks and talks
Chapter 10: Gossip
Chapter 11: I'm famous
Chapter 12: Dinner
Chapter 13: Second job and apartment
Chapter 14: Moving day
Chapter 15: Emergency
Chapter 16: Little dolphin
Chapter 17: Good morning
Chapter 18: Casual Thursday
Chapter 19: Saturday night
Chapter 20: Movies and storm
Chapter 21: Another morning
Chapter 22: Important talk
Chaper 23: First date
Chapter 24: Fancy restaurant
Chapter 25: Marvel
Chapter 26: Little waitress
Chapter 27: Hot
Chapter 28: Lotion and water guns
Chapter 29: Movies
Chapter 30: Taking care
Chapter 31: Is it my fault?
Chapter 32: Second date
Chapter 33: Will you be my girlfriend?
Chapter 34: Questions
Chapter 35: Gold digger
Chapter 36: Lizzie
Chapter 37: Girls night
Chapter 38: Boat date
Chapter 39: New opportunities and costumes
Chapter 40: Halloween
Chapter 41: Aquarium
Chapter 42: Tourist things
Chapter 43: First time*
Chapter 44: Florence
Chapter 45: Warm enough*
Chapter 46: Holiday plans
Chapter 47: Scarlett's birthday
Chapter 48: Cooking with Flo
Chapter 49: Thanksgiving and jealousy
Chapter 50: Spa Day
Chapter 51: Full relaxation
Chapter 52: Swimming lesson
Chapter 53: Cookies and skates
Chapter 54: Future plans
Chapter 55: Birthday
Chapter 56: Trust
Chapter 57: School problems
Chapter 58: Train and family meeting
Chapter 59: Christmas morning
Chapter 60: Grave
Chapter 61: Exes and Stars
Chapter 62: Back home
Chapter 64: The new job
Chapter 65: Night out
Chapter 66: New apartment
Chapter 67: Snow
Chapter 68: Sick
Chapter 69: Cloud 9
Chapter 70: Pleasure
Chapter 71: Furniture shopping
Chapter 72: Goodbye
Chapter 73: Zoo
Chapter 74: Valentine's Day
Chapter 75: Snow day
Chapter 76: Winter break
Chapter 77: Just keep swimming
Chapter 78: Rumors
Chapter 79: Rose's birthday
Chapter 80: Surprise
Chapter 81: Poor baby
Chapter 82: You're not her mother!
Chapter 83: Black Widow and L.A.
Chapter 84: Anniversary
Chapter 85: Skinny dipping and more
Chapter 86: Horse back riding
Chapter 87: Beach Day
Chapter 88: Bachelorette and flower girl
Chapter 89: Venue and puzzle pieces
Chapter 90: Lizzie's wedding
Chapter 91: Red carpet
Chapter 92: Strawberries and loose teeth
Chapter 93: Florida
Chapter 94: I will always protect you
Chapter 95: Welcome to the mile high club
Chapter 96: London
Chapter 97: Lost
Chapter 98: Camping
Chapter 99: Finally diving in the ocean
Chapter 100: One plus one equals love
Book 2 is out now!
A New Scarlett Book

Chapter 63: New Year

6.8K 215 48
By Just_writing_a_bit

Pov y/n

I wake up to kisses being placed all over my face and just enjoy the feeling while lying there, my eyes still closed, so Scarlett doesn't stop. But when the corners of my lips lift a little bit, she stops for a few seconds.

"Are you awake?" She asks with her raspy morning voice that I love just as much as everything else about her. I shake my head and feel her shift next to me.

"Too bad, I was gonna ask if you wanna cuddle but I suppose if you're still asleep..." She trails off and it feels like she's moving away from me.

I quickly open my eyes and see her sitting on the edge of the bed, her back to me. I move to her and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her to lay next to me. She giggles a bit before turning around.

"Maybe I am awake." I say and she brushes some hair out of my face, pure love in her eyes.

"Good morning, my angel." She says and smiles.

"Good morning, cuddle bug." I reply and cuddle closer to her, wrapping my arms around her.

Her hands move to my back, on which she starts to draw random patterns. I hum happily at that feeling and she kisses my hair in response.

We stay like this for a while and I faintly can hear her heartbeat that's calm and steady and almost lulls me to sleep again.
But before I can fall asleep, I move a little and hold myself up above her, smiling down at her.

She easily returns the smile and her fingers move from my back over my neck to my jaw and my face. The movements are slow and she watches them.
Her fingertips trace over my features, from my jaw over my cheek and cheekbone, up to my eyebrow and down my nose again, ending on my lips. Her eyes follow along and when she takes her finger away, she leans up and places a gentle kiss on my lips that gives me butterflies.

"Last day." She whispers and I look at her in confusion and raise my eyebrows in question.

"Of the year." She adds and now my brain catches up and I nod.

"Tomorrow's gonna be a new year, that I hope to spend with you by my side." I say and kiss her. She beams up at me before I roll off her and sit up. Scarlett sits up as well.

"I hope so too." She replies and for a few more seconds, we gaze into each other's eyes. Then I get up and walk to the closet to pick out an outfit.

I stayed here since Christmas because I don't have to work and spending my time alone at my apartment is boring, I would have come over then anyways, so I simply stayed.
My clothes found space in Scarlett's closet, although she still prefers if I wear her clothes, which I don't mind at all.

Today's outfit is a mix between her sweater and my jeans.
When I change, I can feel her eyes on me and once I put the sweater on, I turn around and smirk, seeing her full attention on me.

"My eyes are up here." I tease and point towards my face. She grins smugly and nods, her eyes still looking over my body.

"I know." She replies and I huff in fake offense.

"You rather watch my body than my face?"
Now she looks up at me and slowly gets up.

"Well, depends on if you're dressed or not." She teases and I cross my arm, pretending to pout.

"How rude." I scoff a little and she laughs before her hands find a rest on my sides.

"You know it would be the same if it were the other way around." She grins and pecks my lip.

"It wouldn't." I say but can't help the little smile on my lips, giving away my lie.

She only hums and lets her hands slide down over my hips until they touch my bare thighs and I shudder a little. Her eyes stay on mine this time and I see a bit of mischief in them. Slowly but surely, her hands travel to the inside of my thighs and my breath hitches in my throat.

"What are you doing?" I ask, a little stutter as her fingertips graze over my skin.

"Looking at your body with my hands since my eyes are supposed to be up here." She smirks and I almost gasp when her fingers get to the hem of my slip and my face heats up a little.

"You're always so cute when you're flustered." She says and kisses my lips, moving her hands away from between my legs to rest them on my hips again.

I melt a little into the kiss while my hands rest on her shoulders. When she pulls away, she still has a smirk on her face.

"I will get you back for playing me like this." I breathe out and her eyes sparkle with delight.

"I'm looking forward to it, it's been way too long." She whispers and gives me another quick kiss before letting go of me, leaving me with a tingle in my whole body.

I take a breath to compose myself and hear her laugh a little while going into the bathroom to shower.
After a few more seconds, I am finally able to move again and put on some pants and go down into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.
Scarlett joins me when it's done, her hair in a towel and in comfy clothes.

"It smells delicious." She says and kisses my cheek as I put down plates with toast onto the table. I smile at her in thanks and we sit down.

We talk a bit about today and when Rose will come back. She spent the last few days at her dad's and since we didn't get a call or anything, we assume it went well.
For New Year's Eve she will be with us again and we will celebrate together on midnight.

There was the chance to go to a party, Scarlett got invited and got a plus one but she declined, wanting to spend the time with Rose and I.

Even though it's still a month until she's gonna go to LA, she wants to spend as much time with us as possible and I don't mind that at all. I will miss her too but I knew sooner or later she would have to be away for a while for her job, I can't expect for her to only be shooting in New York. Especially not, since LA is known for it's filming studios.

We still have time though before Rose comes back and I decided to finally take a look at the trees in the backyard to see if it'd be possible to build a treehouse there. Scarlett needs to answer some e-mails and will do that while I am outside.

We clean up the table and kitchen quickly before she settles at the kitchen isle with her laptop and I put on warm clothes and take a measuring tape with me outside.

It got quite cold here but there hasn't been any snow yet. The ground is a little frozen though and I have to be careful to not slip.

I go to the trees and it looks like it'd be possible to build something on their branches. I look up at the spot I think would be best and get out the measuring tape.
Since I can't quite reach the height, I look for a stick that helps me lift the measuring tape higher. I make a mental note for the height and look at everything again.

There definitely have to be put up one or two bars to keep the construction safe but that I can do.
I have to admit, I'm not the most handy person but I'll manage and learn while doing it.

When warmth surrounds me again, I sigh happily and get out of my coat and shoes. Scarlett is still sitting at the counter and I can't resist and walk up behind her and put my cold fingers onto her cheeks. She gasps a little and spins around.

"They are ice cold." She almost sounds concerned and takes my hands in hers to warm them up. I'm almost a little offended, she didn't flinch when I put my cold hands on her but enjoy her warming up my hands.

"Looks like I could build a treehouse for Rose." I tell her and she smiles up at me.

"She will be so excited to hear that. Do you know how to do such thing?" She asks and I shake my head and shrug.

"No, but I'll look it up and teach myself to do it." I explain and she hums, pulling me a little closer to stand between her legs.

"But please be careful, I don't want you to get hurt during the process." She says and looks at me with soft eyes. I kiss her forehead.

"I promise I will be careful." I say and she nods, seeming a bit more relieved.

"Okay, good. Now, let me finish this email and then I'm all yours." She grins a bit and I nod. When she lets go of my hands, I go to wash them in the bathroom while she finishes up her work stuff.
I settle down on the couch and pick up my book that I left on the coffee table.

After I read a few pages, I hear Scarlett moving around the living room. A moment later, I can see her in the corner of my eye and finish reading the sentence before I put the bookmark between the pages.
She takes the book from my hands and puts it onto the coffee table before straddling my lap. I wrap my arms around her and smile softly at her.

"Every e-mail answered?" I ask and she nods, resting her arms on my shoulders.

"Although, I have to admit that I was a little distracted." She says and I raise my eyebrows in question.

"By what?" I ask and she just looks at me before she reaches around her and takes one of my hands in her.

"By you." She answers lowly and I feel a little tingle in my lower stomach at the sound of that tone.

"I wasn't even with you." I point out and she hums and moves our intertwined hands between us, playing with my fingers.

"I had an image stuck in my head." She explains further and looks from our fingers to my eyes and I can see that her pupils are a little more dilated than usual and feel a slight pull in my abdomen, knowing what she's getting at. But I decide to play dumb.

"What kind of image?" I ask and her eyes dart from my eyes to my lips, her body moving a little closer to mine, the space between us almost nonexistent. Her body radiates off heat and even though it's winter, I feel too warm in her sweater.

"The image of you from this morning..." She says and wiggles her eyebrows a little. I hum.

"Well, you did stare at me long enough to memorize it." I tease and to my surprise, she doesn't deny it.

"Can you blame me?" She asks and her eyes dart to my lips again.

"Could yes, probably but why should I?" I reply and grin as she rolls her eyes.

"You could put that smart mouth to a way better use, you know." She shoots back and the pull in my abdomen intensifies a lot at her words.

Before I can reply anything, she comes closer and kisses me passionately. Her tongue licks over my bottom lip and I open them for her and she explores my mouth before dancing with my tongue. Her one hand grips the back of my neck while the other still holds my hand. When she pulls away, she pulls my bottom lip with her before releasing it with a silent plop.

"You seem riled up." I notice and smirk a bit and she raises one eyebrow.

"As I already said, it's been way too long." She counters and I nod slowly, squeezing her hip lightly. As if that encouraged her, she grinds a little against me and both of us escapes a sigh.

"Alright, lets reset that counter then." I reply and smirk, tapping her bum to get up.

Her eyes grow a little and she quickly slides off my lap and takes my hand to pull me up and lead me upstairs to her bedroom. I close the door and smirk at her, pulling her closer and whispering into her ear.

"Get your cute butt on the bed and get ready for a release."

She shudders a little but hurries to get onto the bed. I chuckle a bit at how much she wants this but I am more than happy to give it to her.

I slowly crawl over her and she lays down until I am completely above her. But when I lean back and sit on my heels, she seems like she wants to complain. I give her a look and she presses her lips together, making me smirk while I put my hair up. A sparkle appears in her eyes and she bites her lip, eying my every action.

"As much as I love seeing you in my clothes, I think it's time for you to lose my sweater." She says and tugs at the end of it. I grin a bit but follow and pull it over my head and throw it to the side.

"Better?" I ask and she hums as her eyes scan my body, nothing but adoration in them.

"Now the pants." She says when her eyes linger on my lower stomach.

I get off her and open my pants and get out of them, letting them fall to the ground.

"Bossy today?" I ask and crawl back over her. She purses her lips a little.

"I mean, otherwise it doesn't seem to work." She teases and I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh babe, it can." I reply and lean down to kiss her.

She returns it in an instant but this time I am the one asking for entrance, which she happily gives and I start a fight for dominance, that I also win.
I let go of her a little before sucking on her bottom lip and grazing my teeth over it.

A sigh escapes her mouth. I pay the same kind of attention to her upper lip and when I'm done, I grin proudly when I see they are a little swollen from kissing. Her eyes have darkened even more.

"How about we make this equal and remove your clothes as well." I suggest and Scarlett nods.

I sit back again and watch as she pulls her hoodie over her head and throws it somewhere. My eyes scan her body and no matter how often I already saw it, it's always as beautiful and perfect as the first time I saw it. I get off her and she gets out of her pants before leaning back onto her arms and looking at me.

"Do I have to do everything myself?" She teases and I smirk a bit.

"No baby, don't worry, I'll take care of the rest." I tell her and get on top of her again before connecting out lips. But before I do anything else, I pull away again.

"Do I have your full consent?" I ask and she nods. I raise my eyebrows and she understands.

"Yes, you do. And as always I will tell you if that changes or if I feel uncomfortable." She assures me before tilting her head in question.

"So will I." I confirm and she nods before I lower myself back onto her.

My lips let go of hers and I kiss down her neck, nibbling on some spots, making her sigh. A gasp leaves her mouth when I move my leg between hers and press my thigh against her core. I smirk at the reaction and feel her starting to move a little against it, sighs and gasps leaving her mouth.

"I can already feel your wetness through your underwear." I husk when I'm close to her ear and watch her shudder a bit.

"I am so ready, please don't tease me." She breathes out and I chuckle a bit against her skin.

My hands move to her back and I open her bra. Without my assistance, she gets out of it and throws it to the side before her hands grab my back when I move my mouth further down. As my body moves down hers, I angle my leg new and press my knee lightly against her again and she gasps.
It turns into a low moan when my tongue swirls over her already erect nipple. I suck it into my mouth and graze my teeth over it, feeling goosebumps appear on her skin. I lightly pull on it and another moan spills over her lips. While I switch to her other breast, I move my knee against her core and her hold on my back tightens. I play with her nipple just as I did with the first one, which makes her grind more against my knee, needing some kind of friction. But I pull my knee away and she whines a little.

"Please..." She begs and I let go of her breast.

"I thought you were doubting that I can do it? Sounds different now." I tease and she looks at me, desperation in her eyes.

"You can do it and now please don't play with me anymore." She agrees and a loud moan comes from the back of her throat at the end of the sentence and she presses herself against my hand that's pressing against her core now.

Following her wish, I kiss down her stomach but still make sure to take my time and kiss a few of her stretch marks, showing her that I love everything about her body.
She smiles a little at that but continues to grind against my hand. When I hook my fingers around the waistband of her slip, I look up at her once more and she gives me an impatient nod and lifts her hips. I pull the slip off her and drop it onto the floor before lowering my lips back onto her.
Just to tease her a little bit more, I kiss her inner thighs, skipping her core.
Her hands try to push me where she wants me most and she bucks her hips but I push them back down.

"That's what you get for teasing me about not being able to do it." I mumble against her skin and she huffs a bit and squirms impatiently.

But since I don't want to make her wait too long, I finally close my lips around her clit and she moans. I flick it with my tongue and her hips buck again. One of my hands holds her down while the other collects some of her arousal.

"You seem ready for this, baby." I mumble and it sends vibrations through her body and she nods.

I slowly insert one finger into her, which is pretty easy and let her adjust while I continue to lick her clit.
Once she adjusted, I move inside her, pulling the loudest moan yet from her. Her hands grab my shoulders. I keep my pace inside her up and let go of her bundle of nerves, gaining a little whine from her.
But when I move her leg over my shoulder, she understands and puts the other one over my shoulder herself. Now I have better access and quicken my pace while lowering myself onto her again, sucking on her clit.

Moans leave her mouth and a few times my name also trembles over her lips, mostly when I increase the pace. When I carefully add another finger, she closes her eyes and throws her head back. Once she adjusted, I continue the pace from before and close my lips around her clit again. The heat inside my own body increases and I can also feel her tightening around my fingers but it's not quite enough yet.

"More..." She moans and I change the angle of my fingers, hitting the spot that makes her cry out my name. I flick her clit a bit faster and hit her spot with each thrust and her fingernails dig a little into my skin but I am too occupied to care.

"I'm gonna cum." She presses out between two moans. One last time I increase the speed of my fingers.

"Cum for me, my love." I say and the vibrations seem to push her over the edge and she clenches around my fingers, her legs also pressing together a little.

Her mouth hangs open with a silent moan. She clenches quite tight around my fingers, telling me her orgasm is strong and I can barely move my fingers inside her, so I continue to lightly lick her clit, helping her through the orgasm.
As soon as she unclenches a bit, I gently pull my fingers out and she whines at the feeling but I'm quick to replace them with my tongue, tasting her cum and moaning at it. I lick her clean and trust into her for a few more moments until her legs relax and her orgasm washes off. I come back up to her and kiss her sweaty forehead.

"There you go." I whisper and gently wrap one arm around her. She cuddles into me and I hold her close while she calms down.

"That felt incredible." She mumbles against the crock of my neck and I smile softly and kiss her hair.

"Yeah, I could tell the orgasm was quite strong." I tell her and when she looks up at me in question, I smile at her.

"You clenched quite a lot around my fingers." I explain and she blushes a bit. "Which is nothing bad." I am quick to add and she nods.

"I told you it's been a while." She says and I hear a slight rasp in her voice from all the moaning. I nod and kiss her forehead.
We lay there for a while longer until she props herself up on her one arm and looks at me.

"Up for your turn?" She asks and draws a pattern onto my collarbone. I take her hand and kiss it gently before letting her continue.

"I would be but I'm afraid we don't really have the time for that and the aftercare." I tell her and she looks at me in surprise before turning to look at her alarm clock. She frowns a bit and turns back to me.

"I'm sorry, I will return the favor as soon as possible." She promises.

"Don't worry about that, we will see what will happen." I assure her and kiss her hand again, making her smile.

"How about we get us cleaned up and dressed?" I suggest and she nods before she stops.

"You also need cleaning up?" She asks and I almost chuckle at her confused expression.

"Of course, hearing you moan my name and seeing you fall apart above me doesn't leave me untouched. I didn't cum but I'm still wet." I tell her and she blushes a bit.

"Right, sorry, I forgot about that." She says and I brush it off and kiss her cheek.

"Nothing to apologize for, your brain is still foggy from your orgasm." I say and she laughs a bit but nods. I sit up as well.

"Do you want me to get a cloth and clean you up or do you want to rinse yourself off in the bathtub?" I ask and she thinks about it.

"I'll take the bathtub opportunity." She decides and I smile.
We both get up and go into the ensuite. I get out of my slip as well to use the cloth for me before helping Scarlett to wash and clean herself. Her eyes dart down to my core for a few seconds and she sighs. I chuckle a bit.

"Another time, baby." I say and kiss her temple.

She nods and gives me a short kiss before going into the bedroom and getting dressed. I follow her and pick out a new slip since my old one is damp. Scarlett is quicker than me, even though she has to put her bra on as well. When she is dressed in underwear and her hoodie, she turns to me and I give her a soft smile before turning around to find my sweater. A gasp leaves her mouth and I turn around to her, worried something might be wrong. She has a concerned expression on her face and quickly approaches me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, even more worried now that something is wrong.

"Did I do that?" She asks silently and I am confused before she turns me around and her fingers move over my shoulder and it is only now that I notice the slight stinging.

"What is there?" I ask and she leads me to the ensuite, so I can look into the mirror. I see a few red spots, a few of them look like the skin is scratched off them.
I remember Scarlett's grip on my shoulders and when I look at her, I know she remembers it as well. Her lip trembles a bit and her eyes get watery, so I quickly pull her into a hug.

"Shhh, it's okay, I promise." I comfort her and brush over her hair. She shakes her head.

"I hurt you. I am so sorry! I didn't mean to." She apologizes and looks at me, a few tears spilling from her eyes that I softly wipe away.

"It doesn't hurt, it only stings a little but it's okay, really. It's nothing bad. Things like these can happen." I assure her and hold her close. She looks at me with guilt.

"I am really sorry, I didn't know my nails were digging into you." She whispers with a broken voice. I cup her face and she looks at me.

"I promise you that I am not mad at all. It doesn't really hurt and as I said, those things can happen. Please don't worry about them or feel bad about it, okay?" I try to calm her down and her tears stop to fall.

"You really promise you are okay and not angry?" She asks and I kiss her softly.

"I promise." I say and she slowly seems to relax a bit.

"Let me take care of that, please." She says and I nod and take her hands, kissing them and she gives me a little smile that tells me she's feeling a bit better again.

My hair is already up, so she has easier access. She carefully cleans the few spots and I hiss a little because it stings and she apologizes before blowing some cool air onto it, making the stinging less present. Just to make sure it doesn't get infected or dirt into it, she puts band-aids over it and last but not least, kisses the skin close to the two band-aids.

"Thank you." I say and turn around to face her. She smiles a little and I can see that she slowly feels better about this.

"I love you." I whisper and her eyes light up.

"I love you too." She replies and I pull her into a hug. She wraps her arms around me and I just enjoy holding her in my arms.

Eventually we let go and after a quick kiss, we get dressed further and go downstairs. There I watch her cook her delicious Mac and Cheese. Since it's New Year's Eve, she wanted to make something special. Not that we don't have this dish every once in a while but still, knowing that Rose and I love it so much, is enough for her to see it as special.
When the doorbell rings, I get up to open it, since Scarlett is occupied right now.

"Mama!" Rose exclaims and hugs me tightly. I crouch down to hug her properly.

"Hey, sweetie." I greet her and kiss her head.

Behind her stands a man and watches us, his lips form a tight smile that doesn't seem friendly. I assume it's Rose's dad.
He narrows his eyes a little at me, shooting me a glare that I can only return. Just seeing him makes me mad and if Rose wasn't here, I'm not sure if I wouldn't start yelling at him, knowing fully well what he did.

He didn't just cheat on Scarlett when they were married, he also disappointed Rose a lot and bailed on Scar, putting her in difficult situations. But apparently, the dislike seems to be mutual.

When Rose lets go of me, I put on a smile and brush over her hair before I get up. Without saying anything, her dad hands me her bag and I take it. Rose turns around and waves at the man.

"Bye, Dad. And have a good start into the next year." She says happily and I can tell she is excited about tonight.

"Thank you, Rose and you too." He says and gives her a bit of a realer smile before turning around and leaving the little front yard.

But Rose doesn't seem to care as she is already getting out of her shoes and running into the kitchen. I look after the man for a few seconds before I close the door and bring Rose's bag upstairs. I unpack it for her and throw the worn clothes into the laundry basket before setting her favorite stuffed animal back onto her bed.

When I come back down, Rose sits on one of the bar stools and tells her mum about the past few days. Scarlett listens intently.
I go to stand behind her and wrap my arms around her, resting my chin on her shoulder and looking at Rose as well. Scarlett puts her hands over mine that rest on her stomach and leans a little into me.

Rose has a lot to tell us and we eventually move over to the table to have dinner. When Scarlett asks, if Rose took a nap this afternoon, Rose shakes her head and I see that Scarlett doesn't like that answer. I remember her telling Rose's dad over the phone that Rose should take a nap in the afternoon, so she wouldn't be too tired to stay up tonight.

After dinner, we move to the living room and I read my book while Scarlett and Rose play something. When that gets boring, Rose decides she wants to draw a firework and sits down at the coffee table while Scarlett sits down next to me, her back leaning against the arm rest and her legs lay over mine. For a while it's quiet and we only hear Rose drawing on the paper.
Once she is done with that, she flops down onto the couch next to me and I put my book down.

"Getting a bit tired?" I ask when I see how she cuddles into a blanket and leans against me but she shakes her head and I chuckle a bit, wrapping an arm around her.

Scarlett pulls her legs away and suggests to watch a movie. We agree and since Rose is too tired to choose, even though she won't admit it, Scarlett and I decide on one.
I notice how the girl's eyes flutter close a few times until she is asleep after half an hour of the movie. Scarlett smiles when I lift Rose and lay her onto the free couch and tug her in, so she can sleep calmly and comfortable.

Scarlett and I cuddle and continue to watch the movie. When it's done, midnight is nearing and she gently wakes up Rose, who rubs her eyes sleepily but gets excited when we tell her it's midnight soon.
We don't have any fireworks ourselves but Scar told me that enough people on their street do, so we can watch.

While I wrap Rose in a blanket and get one for Scarlett and me as well, she pours sparkling water into champagne glasses for us to cling together at midnight.
She takes them with her to the front door, where Rose and I sat down on the few steps that lead up to the door. Rose is holding a little horn and asks me for the time every few seconds. Scar and I switch glass against blanket and she sits down next to me. We share a glance and smile.

When it's finally time to count down, Rose jumps up and bounces a little, looking at the sky as she counts down. Just as we hit zero, Scarlett and I turn to each other and kiss. Rose doesn't care because she blows into her horn and cheers when the first fireworks start.
When we pull away, I gaze into Scarlett's eyes that reflect the fireworks on the night sky.
Yes, I am definitely in love with her.

"Happy New Year, bug." I whisper and she smiles softly.

"Happy New Year, angel." She replies and leans her forehead against mine for a few seconds.

We lean back and smile, turning our attention to Rose, who still bounces on her feet and points towards the sky to different fireworks.
When she notices we look at her, she grins widely. Scar gives her the glass and we cling them together, wishing each other a 'happy new year' before drinking the water.
Rose hands her glass back to her mom, way too excited to stay still. Scarlett and I just watch her and the fireworks while leaning against each other.

When the fireworks die down, Rose already sits in my lap and I can tell she is close to falling asleep, so I lift her up and carry her inside. Scarlett brings the glasses into the kitchen while I go upstairs with Rose.
Luckily, she's already wearing her pajama with a jacket over them, so I just get her out of the jacket and she instantly cuddles into her bed. I sit down next to her and brush over her hair.

"I love you, Mama." She mumbles and a wide smile appears on my face.

"I love you too, little dolphin." I reply and a faint smile shows on her face before she drifts off to sleep.

I silently get out of her room and when I meet Scarlett in the hallway, she has a huge smile on her face as well, letting me believe she heard it. We quickly get ready for bed and snuggle into it together. Darkness surrounds us and I can feel the tiredness overcome me.

"I love you to the moon and back." I whisper and her eyes start to sparkle even more.

"I heard once that your heart pumps 2,000 gallons of blood a day, which is equivalent to the amount of gasoline it would take to drive to the moon and back. So, when you say, you love me to the moon and back, you are basically saying, that you love me every time your heart beats, which is constantly." She smiles a little shyly and my heart almost melts at her adorableness.

"I do love you with every heart beat and I hope that I'll do it for the whole year that just started." I reply truthfully and she looks at me with so much love, that I almost feel as if my heart could soar out of my chest with so much happiness.

"I hope that too and I hope that I will do that for the whole year because nothing has made me this kind of happy in a long time." She admits and I smile before kissing her lips. We both put every emotion we have into the kiss and the butterflies in my stomach turn into a whole zoo.

"I believe we can do that, love each other throughout this whole year." I whisper and she nods.

"I believe in us." She replies silently.

"I believe in us too." I say and she smiles and rests her head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat before falling asleep.

With her close to me, there is nothing missing in my life, her and Rose made my life complete for now.

A/n: This might be one of the longest chapters of this book with a little over 6k words.

How did you like the smut?

And speaking of smut, I had the idea to make a new book as a kind of advent calender, where I post a chapter every day. I thought about making it a smut one-shot collection (probably containing some of the smuts in my already existing stories). Would you like that?

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Always You By YB

Fanfiction

169K 5.7K 39
Natasha Romanoff has been trying to find her sister with the help of Y/N after receiving a package from her last month. Once they finally stumble int...
35.5K 1K 16
ๅฝกโ€ขห–* โ›โ€งโ‚Š ๐‘ฝ๐‘ถ๐‘ฎ๐‘ผ๐‘ฌ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ๐‘บ๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’๐’Œ๐’” ๐’‹๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’Ž, ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’•๐’•๐’Š๐’†๐’”๐’• ๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’“๐’ ๐‘ฐ'๐’—๐’† ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’”๐’†๐’†๐’. ๐‘ญ๐’“๐’๐’Ž...
131K 5.6K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...
294K 9.6K 45
Book One - Y/N is a world renowned scientist with a past she would like to forget. When the opportunity to work with the Avengers is offered to Y/N s...