Shortie - Jayson Tatum

By DaveIsFave

Naomi is an athletic trainer for the Charlotte Hornets. How does she juggle her busy career and love? Follow... More

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Thirty Three.
Thirty Four.
Thirty Five.
Thirty Six.
Thirty Seven.
Thirty Eight.
Thirty Nine.
Forty.
Forty One.
Forty Two.
Forty Three.
Forty Four.
Forty Five.
Forty Six.
Forty Seven.
Forty Eight.
Forty Nine.
Fifty.
Fifty One.
Fifty Two.
Fifty Three
Fifty Four.
Fifty Five.

Thirty Two.

3.7K 149 126
By DaveIsFave

The timeline for this pregnancy is off so don't even count. I tried and I was very much confusion lmaoo

Hi friends. Hope y'all are good. Went to the game Friday night and I enjoyed myself. JT hoed me though. He didn't play at all. My feelings were hurt but I completely understand. I did get to see LaMelo and JB play so I'm happy about that. I wanted to see Gelo play so bad but it didn't happen...

Had to get my cousin to take some pictures from her phone. I'm still chillin with the XR. Hey don't flame me. She still functions fine. I'll upgrade eventually.

Enjoy the chapter and excuse any mistakes!

Naomi's POV

Charlotte, NC....

I got to the restaurant the guys invited me to. I would have brought Jasmine with me but she had something to do.

"Name?" The host asked me.

"That is a great question. Let me look real quick." I went to our group chat and didn't see what the name would be.

"Shortie." I heard and looked up to see Terry. "We back here. Come on." He waved me over and I walked to him.

"Hi friend." I said then hugged him.

"Your stomach hard as hell." He said then looked down with a chuckle but stopped. "Nigga is you pregnant?"

"I am." I laughed. I have a large black coat on so from the front you can't tell unless you hug me. Now once I take it off, it's a different story.

"Melo finna cry."

"Leave that man alone. We are old news."

I haven't seen him since the whole I miss you thing in Vegas. I'm sure it'll be awkward. Especially because I know Jayson absolutely does not like him.

He was on the defense when it came to me coming today. He understood I have the guys here but he doesn't want me around LaMelo.

If Jasmine could come he would be fine. Unfortunately, like I said before, she couldn't come....and I didn't tell him verbally. I sent a text though so hopefully that's enough.

"Hi guys." I smiled and waved when I saw them. I took my jacket off and they all held shocked looks.

"Oh shit." PJ said. "Well this is different."

"Surprise." She smiled awkwardly. "Come on don't look at me like that. Give me hugs." I opened my arms. Cody gave me a hug first and everyone followed after.

"I know your back hurt. How far along are you?" He asked when he sat back down.

"Actually I feel fine. When I tell you, he's making this pregnancy smooth. Got me looking forward to the next pregnancy and I'm 31 weeks."

"Oh you having a boy?" Terry asked. "Hey little T Ro." He said in a baby voice towards my stomach.

"Do not ever refer to my child as little T Ro again." I chuckled.

"Well what's his name going to be?"

"We don't know yet. We're still deciding. It's a lot harder than we anticipated."

I wasn't going to say anything out loud but I obviously notice that Melo isn't here. Maybe he's flaking. I mean I'd get it if he did. It's awkward-

"Wassup everybody." Melo came in and with a guest...

"Hi guys." Ana waved, coming in behind him.

"Hey shortie." He tapped my back as he walked by me to his seat, no eye contact.

She didn't speak to me outside of the general hey she gave everyone. Now normally I'm levelheaded, really not a bold person when I'm annoyed but hey. We'll see how this goes.

Cody, being my favorite, asked an important question. "I don't mean to sound rude or nothing but what are you doing here?" He asked Ana directly.

"Chill. You don't gotta be disrespectful." Melo said in her defense.

"It wasn't a disrespectful question. Inquiring minds would like to know." I sat up in my seat and said. We're being bold today.

I like it...

"I was invited." She said with a smile but it wasn't no friendly shit. Definitely trying to get under my skin.

"And why would you do that?" I directed my question to Melo. "This isn't a couples dinner. If that were the case I would've invited my fiancé."

"Pause." PJ said. "You're engaged? When the hell were you going to tell us?"

"I didn't tell y'all?" I asked genuinely confused. "I could've sworn I sent y'all a picture. Maybe not. I don't know but yeah. You like?" I showed them my ring.

"That boy JT got him a winner. He better treat you right or we burning Boston and them KKK leaders to the ground." Cody said.

"They're not all racist." Angelica said since that's where she's from.

Cody held showed her a thumbs up then continued talking to me. I wanted to laugh so I did. It was petty but I mean why is she here. Take her out on your own time.

"Why does it matter if she's here? I'm here ain't I?"

"LaMelo. When have we ever gotten together and did a couples get together? When I'm in town we hang out. It's the same shit. You acting out. For what? I don't know."

"But what does it matter?"

"I'm not friends with this girl." I pointed at her quickly as I spoke. "We've never been cool so why would I want to see her of all people."

"The feeling is mutual." She mumbled.

"Yet. Here you are." I smiled at her.

She didn't have a comeback so she sipped her beverage while rolling her eyes. She obviously doesn't want to be here. He probably dragged her out here.

I can't lie, I really hate where our friendship is now. Me and Melo were cool as hell and now it's like we can't stand each other.

It's not even me. I love this guy. He's family to me but since the break up, it's been weird between us.

"Ah you look adorable when you laugh. Your little belly moving and shit." PJ said.

"Jayson says the same thing."

"I knew something about you looked different. When did this happen?" Melo asked me.

"31 weeks ago."

"Wow. That's crazy."

"What's so crazy about that?"

"You know why and it's not even on no hating shit but you know you don't want that nigga for real."

"I don't?" I let out a chuckle. "Now that's funny." I said right before taking a sip of my water.

"It's the truth."

"Hilarious as fuck." I continued laughing.

"How so?"

"Honey we're not doing this tonight. Especially when you got miss ma'am here. I don't want her here but I'm not about to play in her face like that."

Ana went to the bathroom but I still can't do that. I'm not grimy. At least I don't see myself as one.

"All I'm saying is, had I not broken up with you, you wouldn't even give him the time of day."

"Uh yeah. Probably because I'd be in a relationship. Like I do now-"

"Like you do what now? I still have your attention."

"Melo be fucking for real. Do we really want to get on that? Cause I can start the conversation. You know damn well Jayson has all of my attention. Don't be messy."

"I'm not being messy. I'm stating a fact."

"It's a lie. Why even put something like that out in the universe? I don't send mixed signals or anything. I'm straightforward as hell. You broke up with me. That's the end of that love story. It's in the garbage. We've both moved on. Clearly." I said referring to his date for the night.

I didn't want to get into it but one thing we not gone do is disrespect my man. Everybody knows I love my Jayson. Melo needs to cut it out.

Ana came back and started some mess. "So you're engaged to Jayson Tatum?"

"Yep."

"That's nice. He's really sweet and funny. How did you two meet?"

I couldn't tell if she was really interested or fishing for something. Nonetheless I answered her question. "My job."

"When you moved to Boston?"

"No."

"Oh so while you were still here in Charlotte." She stated with a nod. "Got it."

"Got what?"

"So was this before or after you two broke up?" She pointed between me and Melo.

"Ah hell." Terry said and slumped down in his chair to try and hide his face.

"Neither. Why?" I looked at her. She's being very irritating right now.

"Neither? That doesn't sound right."

"Tough." I shrugged.

"It was before." Melo answered for me.

"No?" I looked at him confused. "We were not together at that time. We were in a childish, flirting stage. Neither of us applying pressure. So the answer would be neither."

"Ayo Melo. Come here real quick." Cody said and the guys stepped away, leaving me here with this lady.

Her statement at the beginning of her questioning had me curious. "What did you mean when you said Jayson is sweet and funny?"

"We used to fuck around." She shrugged. "I mean I am from Boston. It was inevitable that we would get together."

I legit wanted to groan out loud. Not us experiencing the same dicks. I can't get away from this girl. Hell Mr.Tatum better be giving me new dick. An updated version.

I don't need to know about his past partners but a little heads up, maybe, would've been nice. Maybe he forgot.

Then again he shouldn't be fuckin so many girls that he forgets. But imma chill. It's not worth an argument with him. It's in the past.

Speaking of Tatum...

"Wassup boo." He came in the private room and kissed me on my cheek.

"Bubba what are you doing here?" I looked at him shocked.

"Well you said Jasmine couldn't come so I figured you could use a plus one." He grabbed the chair on the far side of the table.

"That's Melo's chair." Ana said.

"That's wassup." He nodded and pulled the chair beside me to sit.

"That's not very nice." I said to him lowly.

"Like it was very nice for this nigga to profess his love and saying he misses my fiancée? Fuck this chair."

He already looks irritated. Why did he even come? It's not like the night has been going too well to begin with. This isn't going to help. Especially this being the first time they're seeing each other since Vegas.

I didn't say anything. I mean I get where he's coming from. I just don't think it's a good idea for the two of them to be in the same room that doesn't involve them playing basketball.

The guys came back in and I got nauseous.

"Oh shit." Terry said and glanced around the room. He greeted Jayson and sat in his seat.

Ana got Melo another chair so he didn't notice that Jayson took it. Of course neither of them spoke to each other. Why would they?

The rest of dinner was so awkward. Conversations were at a minimum and that nauseous feeling never left.

"I'm ready to go. I'm not feeling too good." I said as I stood up and put my jacket on.

The guys gave me hugs minus Melo then Jayson followed behind me. The ride back to the hotel was silent. Mostly because we have a driver and I'm sure the both of us don't want to get into it in front of anyone.

It wasn't until bed that he spoke. "So you giving me the silent treatment?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said as I wrapped my hair.

"I know you want to say something about earlier."

"Other than wondering why you came, no."

"I told you why I came."

"I didn't need you there-"

"I didn't say you did."

"Then you came with an attitude or you were on some puff out your chest type of time."

"I mean I've expressed my dislike for Melo a while ago. Even before he crossed the line. You disregarded it so of course I'm on edge. But let me do some shit like that and it's the end of the world. Or I'm disrespecting you. What about you? Why don't that shit apply to you?"

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. He's right. I'm being a hypocrite.

"Exactly." He nodded and went into the bathroom. "Goodnight." He said right before closing the door behind him.

Jayson's POV

"Nah I got him." I said to Marcus and moved in front of Melo to guard him.

"You ain't got shit." He said back and looked around so he could inbound the ball.

"Aight." I nodded. When he was throwing the ball, I was able to tap it before it got to his teammate. It got in JB's hands and we ran to our side of the court.

He threw me a lob, Melo jumped, and I dunked on him. I patted the top of my head as I ran backwards, looking at this nigga.

Charlotte called a timeout so we went to our bench. It hasn't even been a full 24 hours since the whole restaurant thing so I'm still annoyed.

This nigga gets under my skin but I think it's mostly Naomi's fault for that. She wants all this security, and I give it to her, I do, but she doesn't return the same courtesy. I say something and it's "you're being dramatic". I don't think that's fair.

My face soften when I saw the uncomfortable look on Naomi's face. "What's wrong?" I asked as they talked in the huddle.

"Jayson-" Someone called out.

"Give me a minute." I said to them and focused back on her. "You having a contraction?" It's too early for those.

"I don't think so. I don't know. It's a dull feeling but I'm super uncomfortable." She placed her hands on her thighs and took deep breaths.

She's finished with the regular season after this week. Which I'm glad because I want her to sit down and take it easy. She says she feels fine but the closer she gets to her due date, I can tell she's having pain.

"Are you hungry? You need some water? Here. Take a few sips." I picked up her water bottle to pass to her.

"No. I'm ok. Don't worry about me."

"It's my job to worry about you Naomi. You and our son. Drink some water please." I extended it to her and she looked at me for a couple seconds before grabbing it and taking a sip. "Thank you."

I will say I feel at ease with her with me all the time. That way I can keep a close eye on her and make sure they're good. When she's at home full time, I'm probably going to be a mess. Calling every hour on the hour.

The game wrapped up and we won. I dropped 46 on them tonight. Now we rest up and get ready to leave in the morning.

"Hey can we talk?" Naomi asked me when we got back to the room.

"Yeah." She came to sit beside me as I laid back. "Wassup?" I looked over at her when she didn't speak.

"I want to apologize. I know you've said it many times that you don't like Melo. I should've respected you more. You never came right out and said not to hang out with him but it's pretty clear you don't like it."

"That's true. I don't want to make it seem like I'm controlling you but I also can't lie and say I'm ok with the relationship y'all have. It makes me uncomfortable."

"I get it and I am sorry. It won't happen again."

"What happened at dinner last night?"

"What you mean?"

"I know you like the back of my hand." I sat up to say. "Your face told me that something happened so what was it?"

She sighed. "LaMelo and I got into it."

"Got into it like how? Why you ain't tell me?"

"Because it's not that deep. He's still salty that I moved on. It's frustrating because he broke up with me. So I'm not understanding where all this attitude is coming from. Then he brings this girl, knowing her and I have never clicked, just to get under my skin. It's a dinner we always do. Just the group chat. None of us said anything about bringing additional people."

"That's it?"

"No. He also went as far as saying that I don't really want to be with you or some stupid shit like that. Then this weirdo girl wanted to talk about you and how y'all hooked up-"

"Who? What weirdo girl?"

"Ana."

"The little girl from frozen?"

"No." She chuckled. "The girl from last night."

"I don't know who she is and I didn't fuck around that much to where I don't know. She must got me confused

Which I didn't even know they were back together. I guess he's playing step dad or maybe the baby is actually his. I don't know. It's just- ugh. He's annoying. If he misses me he could just say that."

I looked at her sideways. Y'all see what I mean? This shit is beyond disrespectful.

"Yeah I'm done with this conversation." I stood up to leave. "You still not getting it. You apologize to turn around and do the same shit. You gotta stop Naomi because I won't sit here and continue this cycle. I'll drop you like a bad habit."

"I didn't mean it like that Bubba."

"I'll be back a little later." I closed the room door behind me and walked a little down the hallway before hearing her.

"Jayson." She called out and I rolled my eyes but turned around. She waved me over.

"Meet me halfway." I said walking towards her. Usually I'd go to her, no problem, but she hurt my damn feelings.

"I love you." She wrapped her arms around me the best she could.

"You gotta come way harder than that." I said but then sighed as I wrapped my arms around her. "I love you too boo. Get some rest. Text or call me if you need anything."

I do love her. She just pisses me off sometime. Rightfully so though cause who says that in front of their fiancé. I just wish she was more mindful of my feelings like I am with hers.

I decided to hang out with JB for a little bit. I like to chop it up with him when I'm going through something. He's insightful and gives good advice.

"How'd that little dinner go last night?" He asked me since I was being a little quiet. I shrugged. "You went didn't you? I told you to stay yo ass here."

"I wanted to make sure she was good."

"No you wanted to be nosey and address ole boy."

"Which I didn't get to do because Naomi wanted to leave early."

"So what you doing in here? You got that look on your face like something else bothering you."

"I think she misses him."

"Why you think that?"

"Ain't no other reason as to why this nigga riles her up like this. He's already told her he misses her. Maybe she feels the same."

"Did you ask her that?"

"No-"

"Then you can't assume. Plus Naomi is in love with you. As much as she runs around here talking bout "my man, my man, my man"." He imitated her. "Come on bro. She don't want that nigga." He said.

I guess he's right. I'm just getting in my head about it is all.

—————

The following week...

"What else did you do today?" I heard Naomi's mom on the phone.

"Nothing much. It's still early. I did put away some of the baby's clothes, did some organizing in here."

"He still doesn't have a name? What are y'all doing over there?" She said jokingly.

"We're waiting until he gets here. What if we pick a name then when we see him, it doesn't fit?"

"I hear you. I'm set to come out there a month after to help you."

"Ok great. I'm going to need all the help I can get."

I knocked on the baby's room door and she looked over at me. "We gotta go."

She nodded. "I'll talk to you later mom. We're heading out." They said their goodbyes and she put her phone away.

"We leavin. Come on Deuce." I called out and he came out of his room.

I followed behind them downstairs and out to the car. I buckled Deuce in his booster seat and got in.

"How are you feeling today Shortie?" He asked from the backseat.

"I'm feeling good. Thank you. How are you feeling?"

"I'm excited. Are you excited?"

"Very excited."

"Are you excited daddy?"

"Yep."

He talked to us for maybe 10 minutes and it got silent. He was knocked out in the back.

"Are you still mad at me?" Naomi asked me softly.

I glanced over at her. "Why would I be mad at you?"

"We haven't really talked since we came back last week. Well we talk but you know what I mean. It's been feeling awkward. Like we're distant."

"I mean this is the first time we've been away from each other since you've been in Boston, Naomi so-"

"I ain't never heard you say my full name as much as you have this past week. You're mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you. Shit is changing. You're at the house, I'm on the road. It's an adjustment. That's all." I shrugged.

She sighed. "Ok Jayson." She remained quiet for the rest of the ride.

I don't know what she wants to hear. That Melo situation is done and over with. Now we're tackling a bigger issue. She's going to be home for a while.

I'm going to be on the road...by myself. You know, I'm used to her being with me and us...doing what we do. I can't have it at the drop of a hat now. I'm nervous that temptation is out there. And it is. I've seen it.

I can't just outright tell her that though. She's 32 weeks pregnant, her first pregnancy. I don't think it would be smart to say something like that.

I want to tell her. We share everything with each other. I just don't know how to put it gently. We definitely didn't think about the reality with more kids.

We got to our destination and I got Deuce out before opening Naomi's door. He continued to sleep on my shoulder as I carried him inside.

"Good morning." The receptionist greeted.

"Morning." Naomi said slightly out of breath.

"What's that last name?"

"Stewart."

"Alright Ms.Stewart. Looks like you checked in online. You're all set. I'll let them know you're here."

"Thank you."

We sat down and waited for her to be called back. We're here to get a 3D ultrasound. She really wanted to get it done.

When we got back there, they set everything up quickly and Deuce woke up. All of our eyes were glued to the screen.

"And there he is." The technician said as our son was displayed.

"He looks like me." Deuce pointed and smiled.

"And you look like me so what does that say?"

"It's really giving triplets." Naomi laughed. "Aw look at those cheeks and that nose."

"He's perfect." Deuce said. "Hey Timmy."

"Yeah we gotta figure out what his name is going to be because at this point, Timmy don't sound half bad." I said and shook my head at this kid.

We got the pictures printed then we headed to our next location. I let Naomi walk in front of us and through the doorframe.

"This is so grand. I love how open it is." She said while looking around.

"Hey Jayson, Naomi. Hi Deuce." The contractor greeted us at the door.

We started the process of building our new house. We're getting everything we want and need, and then some.

"So what do we think? Are we seeing the vision?" He walked us more into the house.

"I'm loving it so far. We picked a great location." Naomi said.

"I agree. We still on schedule for the end date?"

"Yes sir. Now when the weather changes and we get precipitation, that might change. We want to work fast but not half ass anything."

"Right. We don't need to rush anything. It gotta be perfect. Especially since we plan on being here for a while."

This house is huge and usually it'll take a year and a half but we got all hands on deck. We're looking to be done by the end of next year. Trying to be in here by Christmas.

"Where's my room daddy?" Deuce looked up at me and asked.

"Bruh we practically outside. None of us have a room yet." I chuckled. There's no roof, no stairs, we're walking on structure right now. This might not even be safe.

"Can I see it the next time we come?"

"Maybe."

We continued to walk around and see what we could. He showed us where the pool will be installed and Deuce got hyped up.

"Can we get a playground?" He asked as we walked back to the car.

"A whole playground?"

"Yes."

"Hell nah. You got that at school. Maybe a little one. You sure you going to want that in a year? You growing fast."

"I'm sure." He nodded. "Wait I got it dad." He said before I could buckle him up. I watched as he secured his seatbelt then double checked before I closed the door.

"We're going to dinner tonight." I glanced over and said to Naomi.

"Family dinner?"

"No. He's going back to his mom's."

"Is there a reason for this dinner?"

"Yeah we need to talk."

"Well I'd rather stay home. We can talk there. I don't feel like arguing in public."

I kissed my teeth. "Who said anything about arguing Naomi?" I sighed while rubbing my forehead. "Let's just table this conversation for right now. We'll talk more later."

Later came and we decided to stay home. We ordered in and now we're eating while we talk.

"I just don't like how you're the one acting distant but you're making it seem like I'm doing too much." She said.

"How though? I told you shit is changing. It's an adjustment. Of course there's distance but we're going to have to figure it out."

"So what's this conversation about? Cause we keep repeating shit we've already said."

I sighed and finished chewing before speaking. "I've been missing you."

"Well why-"

"Can I please finish?"

"Sorry." She mumbled and sat back in her seat.

"I've been missing you and I can't lie, we've only had one away game but I didn't like it. It's lonely. You know I'm used to you always being with me."

"I miss you too baby. It's so quiet without you here. Deuce isn't here either. I have the dogs but you know them."

"You just need to relax. You going to miss this silence when you have the baby."

"I know." She sighed then stood up, moving me back so she could sit in my lap. "Am I too heavy?"

"No boo."

"Aw you called me boo. You love me." She cheesed and pressed her cheek against mine.

"Aight now. You acting like I ain't said it in years."

"You haven't. It's been Naomi for the past week. It's weird to hear coming from you." My hand rested on the side of her belly then I felt movement. "He don't like you touching me."

"No he wants to get out. Does daddy's voice get you excited? I know. You ain't got long." I spoke to her stomach.

"I have a question." She said, getting my attention.

"Yeah?"

"So you really miss me?" She wrapped her arms around my neck tighter to be closer.

"I do." I nodded.

"How much?" She moved her eyebrows up and down.

"I can show you better than I can tell you."

"How about both? You know I like to hear you."

"Come here." I mumbled as my lips got closer to hers. She let out soft moans as I went from her lips to her neck.

I stood up as we kissed, moving us to the counter. "There's no way you think I'm about to have sex on this counter. You've lost your mind." She said and scoffed with a laugh.

——————

"Damn." Naomi moaned as she laid back on the kitchen counter. I locked my arms around her thighs as I continued to feast. She gasped and I could tell she arched her back off the counter.

I just know that view is fire. I'll have to go back and watch the video later since we have cameras in here.

Right before she came I stopped. Usually she'd return the favor but it's cool. I moved her closer to the edge and slid inside.

I had to stop because her pussy already had a tight grip around my dick. "Wait." My fists rested on the counter on either side of her as my eyes closed tightly.

She grabbed my face and kissed me slowly. My hips moved at the same pace as our lips. She stopped and rested her head on my shoulder when I went faster.

"Jayson." She called out and started digging her nails into my back.

"Ah shit." I said because it actually hurt. "Boo your nails."

"Sorry." She said breathlessly. "Don't stop. I'm close."

"Me too." Her walls kept clenching and it wasn't long before we came together.

She went upstairs to run us a bath while I stayed downstairs to clean up our mess. Yes having sex in the kitchen is unsanitary but shit happens. That's what cleaning supplies are for.

No one will ever know except us....and the cameras.

When I finally got to our bedroom she was on me like white on rice. She led me to the tub and when we got in, she got on top.

Her body is fire. That on top of the pregnancy glow is making her the sexiest woman alive.

"What are you thinking about?" She mumbled as she kissed my ear and slowly moved up and down.

"You and how I'm lucky as hell to have you." I placed a kiss on her shoulder.

"I love you daddy." She wrapped her arms around my neck and looked down into my eyes.

"I love you too momma." We shared a tender kiss.

We eventually bathed and got out but we continued making love for another hour or so before she got too tired.

There's a lot of temptation out there but no one is touching my girl. Plus it won't be like this forever. Once our son is born and she returns from maternity leave, everything will go back to normal.

—————

Well what did we think? Melo? Jayson? Naomi?

This chapter was a little introduction to what's to come as far as drama. I can't throw it on you all at once.

Any name suggestions? The ones I have aren't giving paired with Tatum. Kinda. I have a couple in mind.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading and happy spooky season! 🧡🖤🎃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1K 43
Go on this journey with YN as she starts as one mans side chick and then well read to see what happens. "One man's trash is Another man's Treasure"
203K 3.3K 42
Imagines of Mikey πŸ₯°. Send request. Slow updates