Once Upon A Purple Moon(COMPL...

By OfficialMentalAsylum

Dream. Nightmare. Two brothers, relationship once beloved, now estranged. Dream wants to change that. With h... More

Chapter 1: Finding A Way
Chapter 2: The Golden Apple
Chapter 3: The Arrow of Death...
Chapter 4: Or Is It?
Chapter 5: The Battlefield Once Again
Chapter 6: Outertale and Realisations
Chapter 7: The Caverns and Nightmares
Chapter 8: A Starry Reunion
Chapter 9: Inner Thoughts
Chapter 10: The REAL Cure Is Not Found
A/N: Sorry... also WOW
Chapter 11: The Void
Chapter 12: The Plan for Goo
Chapter 13: Sunsets and Stability
A/N: Shout out
Chapter 14: Reach The Light
Chapter 15: Negativity...
A/N: HOW THE
Chapter 16: ...Until Victory Comes
Chapter 18: The Mind of the Strong is Weak
Good Ending: The Knot Tied To Us All
Bad Ending: Shattered Memory
1K!

Chapter 17: The Last Stand

65 2 1
By OfficialMentalAsylum

A/N: SECOND TO LAST CHAPTER BOIS! I really can't believe it's been that long already... It started as a trope, and now? A full-blown story! Thank you all for the support! Now, on to the chapter...

(Cris cause nostalgia) 

MOTHER, INK BETRAYED ERROR!

Also, this song, in my opinion, is awesome. For the people who think her vocals sound like a microwave, it's THE USUAL FOR PIBBY. You can't have a funking Pibby mod without twisted vocals. Besides, the instrumental is a banger. I respect your opinion, but please think of the usual for Pibby mods. Compare it to that. It's not fair to compare a song to other, non-twisted vocal songs, as we all know we would say the second one would be your choice just cause of the vocals.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

In Gaster's VOID:

"HI, DAD!"

Gaster awaited the now-walking Star Sanses.

Blue tackle-hugged his father.

"OOF! Well hello, son."

After brushing Blue off, he turned to Ink.

"Hello, Ink. I assume you're here for the Nothing?"

Ink nodded.

"Alright. Let us begin."

Ink and Science placed the 2 artefacts, making them touch each other by the edges. A warm glow soon washed them.

"Alright, Gaster. We're ready."

Dream put on a brave face. He couldn't wait to see his brother again.

He never wanted this in the first place.

Gaster cupped the Nothing in his hands and poured it into the space between the artefacts.

Suddenly, lilac sparks shot out and gathered together, making an oval-like shape.

Then, a view appeared.

It had worked.

The Star Sanses cheered for the second time that day and ran through.

Blue, before going, promised his father he would come back. Gaster nodded.

But could he keep it?
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎
The first thing the arriving Sanses saw?

A grotesque creature, with a cage beside it.

With Nightmare inside.

Panicked, once he saw Dream there.

"DREAM! PLEASE, GO BACK! THAT MONSTER IS GOING TO KILL YOU! I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET HURT!" He rattled the bars.

Dream did not want to. He didn't want to fail his brother again. Never again. So he stood his ground.

"NO! I HAVE TO HELP YOU! YOU ARE MY BROTHER AND I WILL GET YOU OUT OF THIS!"

The creature let out a sinister chuckle. 

"Hello. I am Destiny. Don't, I know all of your names. Now, Dream, why don't you leave? Don't you already have your brother by you, even when he's corrupted? Yes? Then why are you being so selfish?"

Dream started to think. Why? It's at least kind of true...

Ink knew that progress had been made. Otherwise, he wouldn't have agreed. If he didn't stop Dream's train of thought...

"DREAM! SNAP OUT OF IT, YOU IDIOT! (Harsh, Ink) ARE YOU GOING TO LET ALL OF YOUR PROGRESS GO TO WASTE JUST BECAUSE OF A B**CHA** MONSTER TELLS YOU TO?"

Luckily for Ink, it worked. Dream went back to his common sense.

"Yeah... your right, Ink. Thanks."

Ink pat Dream on the back. 

"Your welcome, Dream. Now, let's deal with this monstrosity."

The creature snarled. 

Science(who the author ignored before), was thinking. 

Feelings make up each person's mind. 

Even this deity feels feelings. And Dream and Nightmare are the guardians of feelings, right?

So, maybe... just maybe...

"ha. Guess we're doing this the hard way. I̍̅̀̎̊'L̸̖̽̌͂L̸̖̽̌͂ J̶̳̀́̃U̠҉̷̙ͦS̵̙͕̀̃T̨͈͗̌ͥ Hͥ̽ͣ̃̔A̷͙ͭͫ̕V̘̪͆̂̅Ḛͭ̉̇͟ T̨͈͗̌ͥO̖̼ͩ͌͐ D̶͔̭̪̻Ḛͭ̉̇͟A̷͙ͭͫ̕L̸̖̽̌͂ W̯ͤ̾ͣ͝I̍̅̀̎̊T̨͈͗̌ͥHͥ̽ͣ̃̔ Ỵ̛̖͋͢O̖̼ͩ͌͐U̠҉̷̙ͦ M͉̅ͮ͒ͤỴ̛̖͋͢S̵̙͕̀̃Ḛͭ̉̇͟L̸̖̽̌͂F̘͍͖ͫ͘!"

Its eyes turned a blood red. The mouth transformed into something like a mix of flesh and space. 

"OH MY!"

And so its legs came crashing down at incredible speed, trying to decapitate the ones below.

They all dodged. 

"N̺̻̔̆ͅO̖̼ͩ͌͐T̨͈͗̌ͥ T̨͈͗̌ͥHͥ̽ͣ̃̔I̍̅̀̎̊S̵̙͕̀̃ T̨͈͗̌ͥI̍̅̀̎̊M͉̅ͮ͒ͤḚͭ̉̇͟!"

The land split into many pieces. Nightmare's cage was supported by one above, while the Star Sanses leapt onto different islands. 

Science had to do something. Fast. 

"DREAM!"

"What is it, Sci?"

"YOU HAVE TO GET TO NIGHTMARE! NOW!"

"I know! But what do I have to do next?"(Dream you little idiot)

"GO WITH HIM INTO THIS DEMON'S MIND! YOU BOTH ARE THE GUARDIANS OF FEELINGS! AND THE MIND IS FILLED WITH FEELINGS!"

Dream understood. 

So off he went.

(Hello Satan I have Cross and the holy water get out)

Dream dodged the legs at every turn, barely missing some. 

Until he was almost there. 

He ran and ran, trying to get to Nightmare before the creature could spot him. 

He sped up...

And jumped.

Everything seemed to slow down. An unknown force pushed Dream on the right track.

That was Fate. 

He knew Dream couldn't make the jump.

That was what happened last time Dream failed.

And when Dream landed, everything was back to normal. 

His friends battle the creature. 

It was all futile. It was up to him. 

So he ran. 

For his family.

For his friends.

For his ending.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Dream kicked open the bars. Nightmare crawled out. 

"DREAM!"

This time Nightmare was the one to give the multiverse's strongest hug. 

No matter how much Dream loved it, they had a creature to help.

"Nighty, can you let go of me, please? I need your help. You can hug me later, OK?"

Nightmare let go, a little bit hurt. 

The corruption bubbled. 

"Alright. What is it?"

"So you know how we're the guardians of feelings?"

"Yeah... what?"

"So we need to think of the creature."

"What?"

"We need to think of the creature together, then we can enter its mind without hurting it!"

Nightmare brightened up. No violence sounds good.

"Alright. Let's do it!"

The two brothers smiled at each other. 

Then closed their eyes...

imagined the creature...

and, with a flash of light, they were in.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

A/N: Hmmmmmmmmmm... 

Yeah, the um-special part is postponed until the end. 

✌︎⧫︎ ●︎♏︎♋︎⬧︎⧫︎📪︎ ,⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ♑︎□︎□︎♎︎ □︎■︎♏︎📬︎📬︎📬︎

So yeah! 

Also, I'm not sure if I want to continue Running Chaos anymore...

I've lost so much motivation for it.

So should I? (Read it first, please)

A) Yes

B) No

Anyway, vote and comment if you think why Science always makes the key decisions. (I think why I do that too) If not, that's fine. Just sit back and enjoy the next chapter! Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 835 39
Dream x Nightmare x Shattered!Dream ======================== Shattered is a broken soul, in denial of his brother's "unfortunate murder". He's so des...
4.7K 201 13
What if nightmare was alive? And l don't mean the tar-covered king of negativity, l mean the small, fragile, heartbroken, passive form of nightmare. ...
40.7K 1.8K 24
!! STORY COVER DOESN'T BELONG TO ME NEITHER DO THE CHARACTERS IN THE STORY !! (ps; I forgot the book I got inspired in doing this.) A Fate untold. A...
78.8K 3.1K 18
'Dream' the guardian of hopes and dreams has finally given up, so he tries to erase his existence by jumping in the void.. But when he got there, h...