Future | Koopalings

By ProudFatherOfNine

One human. Eight koopalings. Good or bad mix? Read to find out! Shy boy from a checkered past, drowning in hi... More

New Things, Eight Rings.
New Room, New Faces, New Life
Duct tape cant fix this
4 | School
5 | Pills
A/N
Sad News | I Need Help!
Happy Deceptive Day | 6
Another A/N
First Time For Everything | 7
8 | The Birthday of A Prince
9 | Training
A/N Again (I Know, Sorry)
10 | Happier Times
11 | Gentle Headspin
12 | Wendy's National Fall
A/N
A/N (We love to hear them)
13 | Nostalgia
14 | Dressed in Lava
15 | Back on Our Feet
16 | Castle Walls
17 | First Car!
18 | Old Friend
19 | First Sleepover
20 | Athlete?
21 | The Spell
22 | Confusion

23 | Retreat

72 2 7
By ProudFatherOfNine

Short A/N that doesn't need its chapter:

This story wasn't made for Wattpad.. if that makes sense. It was written as a more personal escape for your dear author. I didn't tie myself to a schedule, or a daily writing routine (obviously lmao) as I kind of add to the book whenever I find the spare time to. If anyone, doesn't agree with anything that is put in the book, or anything that the book pertains to, you can alert me privately. And as a lot of people do enjoy/tune in wherever there is an update, I love you all, but this book was never meant to be one for widespread public satisfaction. It's simply my escape and imagination, and that's that. Without any more interruptions from this rant, let's continue! :D

Yes, I threw that together during lunch.

I woke up to an empty bed. An amazing smell was wafting through the house. I barely managed to hear voices coming from the kitchen. I looked up at the LED clock on the wall. If the time was right, it should be around six in the morning. I still had time to head home and go to school.

I got up, trudging slowly to the kitchen. The ocean showed off confidently in the windows. The rising sunbeams shimmered ferociously off its waves. The interior of the massive home was tinted in a wild morning orange. I could hear music coming from the flatscreen in the kitchen.

"Hey guys" I greet them, rubbing my eyes. "What's up, sleepyhead," Dante snickered. I rolled my eyes, going up to them.

"Hi, dude!" Miz waved.

"Hey," Emi waved at me as well.

"What are you guys doing up so early? And cooking too?" I asked curiously.

"Well for one, these bottomless holes need to eat,"
Dante smirked at Emi and Miz. Emi snorted into her sleeve. "Dude, you're the one that's the bottomless hole!" She protested.

"Yeah! This hole has a bottom!" Miz cried. I bent over on the counter as I began to laugh. "Can we evict him?" Emi rolled her eyes.

"Hey- watch it, I was here before you!" Dante raised a brow.

"What are you doing up so early anyways?" Miz asked. I ran a hand through my hair. "I have school," I said, walking up to peek onto the stovetop.

Eggs, Bacon, and Avocado Toast. "Start the day off right huh?" Dante grinned. I nodded hurriedly. Damn, was I hungry.

Dante finished breakfast, and we all ate hungrily over music and small talk. Soon, it was around time for me to get going. I hugged all my friends tightly after I got all my shit together. I pulled my Chrysler into the garage, taking my things out, and putting them in the shiny yellow Urus.

I jumped inside the car, taking a second to glance around and appreciate it. I headed to school, suffering through classes and afterschool until it was time to follow my siblings back home. I remembered I was supposed to be going out with Morton tonight, and I needed to pack since I wasn't coming right back. I was exhausted from sports, and was sweaty, nearly glued in my soaked gym clothes.

I parked in the motor court in my usual spot. I hopped out of the car, running in the house. I was the last one in so I made it to my room uninterrupted. I looked around, so damn happy to have a room like this.

I hurriedly stripped of my gym clothes, putting in my dirty clothes bin. I stepped into the hot steaming shower. Instantly my bones began to relax and the tension of the day began to melt off of me, dripping into the drain alongside the water. I washed my hair, scrubbing my body before standing there for a while.

I stepped out, putting some sweatpants on and a hoodie. I got a backwood out of my drawer as well as a tray and some bud. I laid on my stomach and set us the rolling tray. I penny pinched the bud into the backwood and licked it shut. I made sure to make it nice and wide since I hadn't smoked today.

I looked outside. It had begun to rain. The sky was still blue and the sun was still shining, but a medium downpour showered the island. I put away my tray and threw away the guts before stepping onto the balcony,

I sparked up and leaned against the wall, smoking. I played music in my AirPods and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere. I stood out there until I finished up, high as a kite. I walked in, setting my roach in the ashtray.

I began to pack some things in my book bag. I paused, realizing I'd need a suitcase because we'd be gone for a while, and I didn't know if I'd come straight home even after that. I sat on my bed, pulling out my phone and going to Walmart's website. I ordered a black suitcase that would be a good enough size. And with a hundred bucks gone, I turned back to my closet. I'd have to take a trip there to see what I'd wanna take.

I got up to go over there, but I knocked my shoulder on one of the canopy posts on my bed.

"Damn," I muttered, slightly thrown off. I grabbed my phone, going online to look at some bed frames. Instead of going to my closet, I passed it and exited my bedroom as I scrolled through my phone.

"Dad?" I called as I peeked into his room. The room was empty. "You in here?" I yelled, thinking he'd probably be in his bathroom. The door was closed. However, I was again returned with silence.

I shut the double doors, moving down the hallway into the main room stairs. As I went down the steps, I'd found a nice bed frame I'd wanted. I locked my phone and hoped my dad was in the kitchen.

"Hey, dad," I said, walking in. "Hey, Trooper," he said, blending something in the Ninja. "I'm making smoothies for them, you want one?" He said, gesturing to Larry, Lemmy and Wendy. They were having an interesting looking conversation in the breakfast nook.

"Sure," I shrugged, sitting at the barstool. I paused, remembering what I was here for. "Can I uh, get my bed frame changed?" I asked, ripping the band-aid off the scab. "Pshht- go for it, son," he waved a hand in dismissal. "Did you have one in mind?" He asked.

"Yeah," I nodded and unlocked my phone. I walked over and leaned close to him so he could see. It wasn't a cheap bed frame, it was worth a pretty penny. I kinda wanted to see if he'd go for it.

"Go ahead, I'll pay for the option where the people come build it," he said.

"No, I've got it. It's fine, you don't have to," I said.

"Go ahead and select the option," he said rolling his hand in circles. I pressed it. "How much does it add?" He asked.

"$678.32 is the assembly fee," I said, looking at him. He straightened his black tank top as he pulled out his phone. "Did you get it?" He asked after a minute. I checked my notifications. He'd sent me seven hundred. "Thanks dad, really," I said, smiling. "Of course, but it'll come sooner than you think, so be prepared," he chuckled before going back to blending up smoothies. They looked like strawberries and banana smoothies.

I walked back upstairs and grabbed my keys. I made sure all my stoner supplies, toiletries, and electronics were in my book bag. I decided while I was at Walmart I'd get myself some things.

I threw on some white forces and put my keys in my pocket. I grabbed my vapes and pen before leaving my bedroom. On the way to the door I grabbed a smoothie from my dad. He put it in a clear cup with a top and straw.

"I'm gonna head to the store real quick, dad," I said, shaking the ice around. "Drive safe, son," he pat me on the back gently.

I thanked him and turned on my heel to leave the house. I jumped in the Urus and made my way to Walmart. On the way there, I paid for the bed fame and the assembly fee online.

I parked my car near the front and hopped out, getting greetings everywhere but thankful I wasn't swarmed too badly. I grabbed a basket and walked down to the tech section, looking at laptops. I'd need one to make school easier anyways, so why wait, really?

I waited in line for an employee to check me out for one. I paid him, thankful he didn't press me on my identity. I put the bag with the MacBook in the basket. I shuffled the aisles and grabbed some warm caramel candles, some candy, a pack of lighters, and some MacBook covers. I made my way to the front and paid. I had an employee help me retrieve my pickup order, and now I had my suitcase. I set everything in my trunk, a semi truck in the driveway meeting my eyes.

I raised an eyebrow as I glanced at it before carrying my bags inside. I found my way to the kitchen, putting the cup I'd used in the sink.

"Put your stuff up and finish packing. Meet me and the movers at the door when you get ready. I'm gonna go hold up conversation with them for a few minutes," Dad said. I nodded. "Thanks dad," I said before climbing upstairs and unboxing the MacBook I'd bought. I put it in my bag along with the charger. I put the covers I'd bought in my drawer. I left out the blue one and put it on, trying not to squeal.

I put the candles in the bag as well, making sure the tops were secure on them. I threw the big bag of Twizzlers and Reese's I got and the pack of lighters in the book bag and made sure everything like phone and watch chargers, basic utilities and stoner supplies were there, and zipped it up.

I picked up my iPad, shrugging and tossing it in the bag before going into my closet to grab some clothes. I picked out some good outfits and stuffed them into the suitcase folded. After I was all packed I hopped on my PC, putting my headset on and running a quick arena game. I secured a 12 kill win, and put my headset back on the monitor, shutting down the PC. I headed downstairs and put on some random slides before heading outside. The sun was beginning to set. "Ready for us to load up, son?" I nodded.

"Hey, we're gonna be the ones taking care of ya' today!" The young guy stepped up and shook my hand, bowing. The woman with him did the same. "I'm confused, I ordered the bed an hour and a half - two hours ago. How are they already here?" I asked. "I'm not complaining or anything, I just..." I raised my hands.

"Well, once the address was registered and the location it displayed to us reached our knowledge, all other functions were ceased until the package for this address was shipped first. It only takes a little to get a package ready, and you live pretty close by to the shipping facilities down town, so- Think of it as some form of royal priority mail," the woman explained charismatically. I nodded in understanding.

"Hey, trooper, can you go take your bedspread off? I'm gonna get the new bed and bring it up while they come up and dismantle the old frame," Bowser said. "Sure thing!" I said. I took off the covers, sheets, pillows and mattresses. They took off the box-spring and began to effortlessly dismantle the bed. Dad came in and set the box down.

They finished dismantling and began carrying the parts down to the truck. They got most of it, but to make it one trip I picked up the rest and began to follow them. On my way out the door I almost had run into Morton. "Hey. It's time to go. You coming?" I winced. "Sorry, I've gotta deal with this. I'm just gonna have to be late," I said.

"Oh, alright. Well I'll make sure they know you're coming. I'm already a bit late myself. All my stuff is in my car already so I've gotta get the fuck out" He gave me a one-armed hug. "Text me the address," I nod at him. "Will do, buddy!" He said, moving past me. I take the peices and set them in the truck, letting out a deep breath. Morton's Hellcat whizzed by at high speeds, shooting around the curve, slowing down as the front gate began to open. He pulled off, nothing but the whining engine feedback fading in the trees.

"One of you guys can have this, really," I said, turning back to them. "If that's okay?" I ask my dad. He waved his arm. "Hell, I don't care what happens to it," he raised a brow.

"Thank you so much, My kid is gonna freak when I surprise him with this tonight!"

"That's nice of you to give it off," The woman smiled. I nodded shyly.

"Let's get to building this bed," Bowser said, gesturing to the mansion. We all went inside, and the three effortlessly began to put together the bed frame. I helped them however they needed it, admittedly not much. Bowser lifted the box spring like paper as he set it in the complete frame. He took the mattress leaning on the wall and placed it on top. Without the canopy and curtains on the bed, it really opened up the space. This one was much lower, and the headboard stretched out, wall sconces above the matching bedside tables.

I laid out on the mattress, letting out a breath of relief. All I needed were some leaves, or something. "I guess our work here is done!" The woman quipped. "That seems to be correct," the man extended his hand.

"And I can't help but thank you guys again for the hospitality," He continued as we shook his hand. "It wasn't a problem," Bowser muttered quietly, crossing his arms. "Thank you for that extremely quick service," I said.

"It's no problem! You know what? How about I refund that builder's fee?"

"You don't have to, that's for you guys!" I refused. "Nah, this one's on the house," he smiled, going on the company phone. I got a notification on my phone. A new deposit in my bank account. "Thank you guys," I smiled as they waved, leaving the house. My dad walked them to the foyer, and watched them go down the stairs and out the door. He made sure they pulled out before coming back up the hallway.

"Let's get your bed set back on," Dad said, picking up the fitted sheet off the floor. I grabbed the other side and we put it back on. I grabbed my grey velvet cover and placed it over the fitted sheet, covering the entire bed with it. I grabbed my grey tufted comforter and put it over the bed, folding the pillow space back.

I placed my pillows and stuffed animals in their spots and stepped back next to my father to admire it. Boy, did it look damn good. I hugged my dad tightly. "Thanks," I said, smiling. He rubbed my back. "You don't have to thank me," he chuckled. "Did you want the money back?" I asked, letting go. "Nah. Use it to have a good time out," he said.

"Be safe," he said, shutting my door on his way out. I turned off all my lights and grabbed my keys. I slung my bag over my shoulder, grabbed my suitcase and headed downstairs for the kitchen door. "You leaving?" Junior asked, eating a bowl of fruit loops. I nodded. "Yeah, I'm about to head out," I said.

He got up and held out his arms to me. I walked over to him, pulling him him for a hug. I squeezed him, resting my face in the crook of his shoulder, He pat my back and let me go. I stood up, ruffling his flame red hair. "Love you, little brother," I smiled.

"Love you too!" He smiled, sitting back down to eat his cereal. I walked out of the French doors, making sure to lock it back.

"Bitch!" I heard Junior scream as I looked back through the open windows. She gaped at him, holding her arms out and her phone between fingers in a flimsy grip as if he spilled something on her. She yanked his bowl of cereal off the counter and threw it to the ground. I considered going back in there, but saw dad walk into the room and step in. I sighed, shaking my head, continuing to walk to my car.

I walked the lush grounds calmly until I reached my car. I sat my bag in the passenger seat, my suitcase in the trunk. Hopping in, I pull out my vape and push the start button on my car. I searched my texts and found the address and pasted it in Apple Maps. I set off, at a timely pace as I sped briskly. I put music on the bluetooth at a red light.

I crossed the border bridge, and the sky fully switched color. It was now a warm purplish grey. Dark clouds peppered the sky. I cruised through downtown until I was directed onto a main highway. I rode further and further into the rural south islands. The roads began to become more hilly and mountainous as time went on. I was suddenly glad I took an SUV over a car.

I glanced at the GPS as I entered a quaint town on the higher side of a mountain. The dark, warm atmospheric road I was directed on was dressed with hidden mountain estates built within the trees. I pulled into the address and was met with a large, stunning updated rustic home.

'Built in 2008' was etched onto the front gate. I parked in front of the garage, I noticed the heavy snow in the area. I hopped out of the yellow truck, making sure I locked it.

I walked up and knocked on the door. I noticed Morton's car among the other ritzy vehicles as I looked around so this had to be right. The door unlocked and clicked as it opened. I was greeted with Igor's friendly smile. "Hey!" He opened his arms and I moved into them, patting his back. "It's good to see you," he put his arm around me and brought me into the gorgeous home.

We walked into the main room downstairs featuring a massive built-in entertainment center, a large brown sectional, and a stone fireplace. Everyone was already here, their shoes kicked off and in a noisy game of COD.

"You can set your bag up against that wall right there," he said, helping me put my bag up on the wall hook.

"My suitcase, it's in the car," I said, looking down at the other suitcases. "I'll be right back," I said.

"Gotcha," he said. I turn on my heels, walking back out the front door. I opened my trunk, growing excited. There were only a few of us. Around 7 to be exact.

I rolled my suitcase inside behind me and put it beside my bag. As I was kicking my shoes off, Igor walked up to me. "Hey, my dad's about to leave, so let's meet him real quick. He just brought us our dinner," He waved, beginning to walk toward the steps.

"So your dad got this place for us?" I asked him. "Whenever we wanna get away, he says he's got it covered. Plus, Dart has a killer campsite near the house. It's just up the hill outside the neighborhood, and it overlooks the summit. We stay out here around a week or so at a time, but usually spend a few nights out at his,"

"Oh, shit. That's dope! So it's like a retreat?" I asked. "Well yeah, sort of," He said as we walked up the stairs. We walked into a beautiful room. The massive windows on the upper staircase walls allowed the pale night sky to bleed into the room. There were massive large oak log beams everywhere.

A middle aged man that looked really similar to Igor was in the kitchen, a few large brown bags on the table. From the looks of it, I was suspecting takeout.

"Hey, bud!" Igor hugged his dad, standing next to him. "This is Jace, the new friend I met at school. Dart invited him to come with his brother Morton,"

"Ah, another royal family member. I'm esteemed, bud!" He bowed to me before I could say anything. "Ah, it's nothing like that, you can treat just me like any other kid!" I blushed furiously.

"Sure thing, boss man!" He saluted me, shooting a goofy grin. "Remember, if girls ain't here when y'all throw down, it isn't a party. It's just a smoke sesh!" Igor's dad reminded us in a southern drawl. He shot finger guns at the two of us and I couldn't help but cover my face.

I felt myself being swept up from behind as the voice of Igor's dad rang out from behind me. "You can hide, but you can't run!" He cried, running around the house with me like a ragdoll. This guy reminded me of a human version of my dad. "You've got the saying backwards!" I cried, laughing. He put me down back next to Igor. He ruffled our hair and grabbed his phone and wallet off the table.

"I'm gonna get home to Holly and the kids, I've been gone all day after all," he shrugged. "Have fun boys," he smiled before going downstairs to say goodbye to the rest of us. "Can you help me set the table?" He asked. "Sure," I shrugged.

"Dude, sorry about my dad. He just kinda is who he is, y'know?" He let out a small sigh, taking out the large containers of Chinese. "He's a character," he said.

"No, your dad's cool as fuck," I snickered. "He seems really fun to be around,"

"You should see him at the country club. It's the reasons he's so high up. Real social and all that. Everyone knows him. Same with your dad, actually!" He said. I paused briefly, container in my hand. "Really?" I asked.

"Shit, yeah! He has me rolling sometimes especially when he hits the lounge," Igor quipped. I continued setting up the large containers. "Lounge, huh?" I asked.

"It's where the men go off and smoke," He snickered. "Sounds right up our alley," I smiled. He returned it. "Sure damn does,"

"So is there like levels to the club members? Cause I'm assuming my dad didn't have to pay for any of the memberships," I said. "Well, yes and no. He didn't have to, but he did it anyways," Igor shrugged. "And yeah actually, there are tiers to it, so there's standard members, premium members, and platinum members. You can tell them apart from what they're supposed to wear,"

"Like different colors, right?"

"Yeah, sort of," He said as we balled up the bags and threw them away. "So like, our families are both platinum. They wear the premium uniform, but with a burgundy jacket to match on top. It has the logo of prestige on it, and it's what all the big dawgs wear, like us," he grinned, perching an arm on my shoulder.

"Big dawgs," I whispered to myself, crazy that I even I could begin to describe myself as such. "Yeah man!" He said. I began to lose myself in thought. Igor shook me a little, bringing me back. "Hey, let's finish up so we can go downstairs and get ready to get settled in, yeah?" He said gently. I nodded slowly. "Yeah. Let's do it," I let out a resonate breath.

We set aside the centerpieces and assorted the containers. After a few minutes everything was assorted nicely. "Finally. Thanks for the help, man," Igor smiled. I nodded. "Sure thing, cos' you definitely didn't know how to set a table," I jabbed. "Shut up," he punched my shoulder playfully.

We headed downstairs and greeted our group of friends. We loudly greeted each-other, laughing as we did so.

"So, room situation!" Igor sat on the coffee table, clapping his hands a few times as we all packed on the sectional around him. "Either of royalty want the master?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"You already know the answer to that," Morton said. "Didn't your dad pay for this place? You should get the master," I said.

"Okay, okay. I'll take it. Only if you're sure?" he asked.

"I'm sure," I said. Morton nodded along. "What he said," he waved a hand in dismissal, looking for something in his bag.

"Can we pick our own rooms?" Nick asked. "Yeah, for the most part. There's a room down the hallway behind us with two queen beds in it. Darion and Reese can camp in there cause they always share a space," Igor proposed, opening his arms.

"Hell yeah I'm cool with that," Reese said. "I'm down," Darion nodded. Igor nodded as his hands returned to his sides.

Well, the rest of you can negotiate rooms, cause there's enough for the rest of you, and just put your belongings in there to claim it. I'm gonna head upstairs and get unpacked myself. Mingle a bit, and then we can eat some dinner," Igor smiled at us.

"Wait, before everyone gets up, do we have a plan for tonight?" Nick said before anyone got up.

"Im gonna check on Dart see if he had dinner, then we can have some people over, party a bit, get loose, then head to the campsite for a bit to chill if we remember. Then I guess we head back here and whatever happens happens," Igor shrugged.

"You gonna call them after dinner?" Reese asked.

Igor shook his head. "Nah, a little before. I'll have them come around nine so we can leave and be at Dart's campsite by midnight roughly," I sat back silently, absorbing the plan. "Well, whoever wants to go at least," he added. The clocks read half past six.

"Bet," Darion said. We all dispersed, going for our things to pick our rooms. Igor walked up behind me, putting a hand on my shoulder. I turned around. "Yes?" I asked.

"Hey, buddy. You wanna ride with me to get Dart?" He asked. I nodded. "Sure. I'll ride," I began to gather my stuff.

"I'm pretty sure Nick's gonna wanna ride too. He's always been like that," he chuckled. I paused, looking up at him. "Like what?" I mused curiously. He switched his weight onto his other leg. "My right hand man. We're always together sort of thing. We've been buds awhile," He said happily. "Ah, right," I said with a slight smile. I didn't mind him coming along!

"Well I don't wanna hold you up any longer. Meet me once you're good and settled?" He smiled. "Yeah. Sure thing," I matched his smile. I walked down the hallway as Igor walked up the stairs. I rolled my suitcase to the middle room. No one was in here. I shrugged my bag off my shoulder, parking my suitcase next to the bed. I walked down the hallway into the open door of the next room. Reese and Darion were in here setting up their things.

They were both distracted, music playing from a wireless speaker on the nightstand. They were hanging clothes in the closet. "Hey," I tapped Reese on the shoulder. He jumped slightly, turning around.

I snickered, and he chuckled slightly, his adrenaline on a comedown. "Did you know if anyone took the middle room?"

"Oh, nah. That one's open. Morton took the room off the main room, and Gob's taking the second room upstairs next to Igor," he explained. "Bet. Thanks," I said before leaving the room. I took my things inside, setting my bag on my bed. I hung up my clothes, changing my outfit a little bit. I put a flannel over my grey hoodie and put on some tan cargo pants. I put on some black dunks and transferred my pockets. I noticed I was sober now. I lit the candles I had bought earlier, leaving the room.

I walked outside, seeing Igor in the pale moonlight. He had on a thick jacket, and was lighting what looked like a cigarette.

"Hey, whatcha got there?" I chuckled. This was probably the first time I've seen a cigarette since I left my home country.

"Not a cig, if that's what you're wondering. It isn't tobacco, it's hemp," he said taking a drag. He stubbed it out. He waved me over to the edge of the porch next to him. I strolled over, standing next to him, putting my elbows on the fence. "You can't tell cos' I lit it already, but when I rip it," he began to tear the burnt part off the top, revealing green hemp flower. "See? No tobacco," he said.

"It's good for not getting super baked. I smoke these when I drive, or just when I want something in my hands to smoke," he explained, going into his coat pocket for his lighter. He re-lit it, blowing out smoke. He took another long drag. "You want one?"

I nodded slightly. "Sure," I turned to face him, then turned my face to the nature. He pushed the hemp cig to the corner of his lips and reached into his pocket, producing a pack of them. He handed one to me, looking deeper into the pack. "I'm gonna have to run to the store on the way back," he said quietly to himself.

"Running low?" I asked, putting the hemp cig in between my lips. "Psh, yeah. I know a spot down here that sells these though. I'm gonna need em for tonight cause every time I play pong I smoke on em," he said.

"Ooh, pong? I've always wanted to play that game," I said. "Fun way to get wasted. I like to play rainbow style. All types of drinks, some mixed, some not, some light, some strong," he said.

"You pick your poison," I grinned at him. "I like it. You should play me," I said.

"I'll get you fucked up," he teased. I smirked at him, going for my pocket. "That's the point," I said, digging for my lighter.

"No, no. Come here. I've got you," he said, motioning me closer. I let go of my pockets, eyeing him as I scooted closer to him. He made eye contact as his side brushed my arm, his hands slowly crawling toward my face. He flicked his yellow bic, covering the flame. I helped him, puffing it until it was lit. My brain was telling me to back up now, but I was waiting for Igor to back up first. He was standing there, smoking, not bothered by our proximity. I leaned put my hands on the rail and he took the opportunity to put his arm around my shoulders, leaning on me slightly.

"So, how do you like it out here?" He asked. I felt my pulse accelerating. "It's peaceful, isn't it?" I asked. I felt his side rise up and down as he took a drag. "Yeah. It's beautiful at night," he said as we looked out at the mountains.

In a sudden swaddle, Igor turned and wrapped his arms around me. I reacted to the hug naturally. He smelled really good and the embrace was comfortable. We held our smokes a certain way so we wouldn't burn each other's clothes. We stood there like that a second before I hesitantly broke the silence.

"Are you okay?" I asked in an amused confusion.

"Yeah," he mumbled into my shoulder.

"I'm just making sure," I smiled at him as he let go. "Eh, I just felt like doing it," he flashed a friendly smile before walking toward the direction of his car. I followed him, taking a drag and whistling at his ride. He had a dark grey Trackhawk with blacked out rims and windows.

"Hop in the front, bud," he said as I walked to the other side of the car. "Alright!" I called back as he unlocked the door. The interior of his car was clean, and smelled good despite the many hemp butts and roaches in his ashtray. We stubbed out our hemps as they were going out.

"Here," he said, handing me one. He lit another one himself and lit mine while I held it in between my lips. Igor reversed out of the driveway and began to cruise slowly. "You know where it is by heart?" I asked, noticing his lack of gps. "Yeah, my dad leases houses for us in this area a lot, it's real scenic out here and he knows the people in this area, too. I just kinda memorized the place," he explained.

"Oh okay. Well there's no one out here I'd rather get lost with," I joked, taking a drag. "Is it a left or a right here?" He said with an exaggerated expression. I rolled my eyes at him, taking another drag. He grinned goofily as he turned left. My heart dropped as the realization crawled up my throat. "Nick!" I suddenly yelled. Igor slammed the brakes, jerking us both forward. He looked around frantically.

"What? Are you okay?"

"Nick. Wasn't he supposed to be coming? He's your best friend, we left him!" I felt panicked because I didn't know just how attached Nick was to Igor. They seemed extremely close and I didn't know how Nick would react to Igor just leaving him behind. I knew what it felt like to be separated from your best friend.

"He was smoking on his balcony alone when I left. That's usually how he gets at night. Beer in hand and everything. He's fine. He said he didn't wanna come anymore," Igor reassured me.

"I'm sorry, for that outburst. I just got concerned," I frowned.

"No no, it's okay. Let's just get dart, get some more hemps, and have this party, alright?" He smiled. He leaned over me and locked his arms around my neck. I put my arms back around him, squeezing him.

He sat back down, and looked at me again. "You sure you're okay?" I paused, looking up at him.

"Yeah," I rolled my window down slightly. I re-lit my cig, smoking out the window, letting the wind comb our hair as we drove the dim mountainous roads in silence.

"Dart? That you?" Igor called out the window at someone walking down the street in the dark. The young hammer bro turned around, bag in hand. He'd just came from the store.

His arrow shaped birthmark stood out in the dark atmosphere. His yellow skin illuminated itself in the headlights. "You're early. I was on my way back from the store," he said, hopping in the backseat.

"You need to ride out and drop off your stuff?"

"Nah. It's for us," he said. He tossed us each a Bud Light. I cracked mine open, taking a gulp. "Thanks buddy. I appreciate it," I said.

"Yeah, I got an extra cause I know Igor doesn't ride without a partner,"

"Good call," I said.

"I got some pre-rolls for the party," Dart said.

"I've got more people coming this time. We were gonna stop by the store. I can get some too,"

"No, it's enough,"

"How many?" He crossed his arms, looking back as we were at a red light.

"I got a 50 pack from Raw, filled them all with some heat I bought, and put them back in the container. I'm gonna leave them out as party favors," Dart explained, motioning to the bag.

"Holy shit, 50?"

"You've completely fucking outdone yourself,"

"The gas station pays good. I brought the leftovers for the private session," he said, pulling a baggie out of his pocket. "How much is left?"

"About an ounce, maybe more," He said. "We've got people putting in too, so we're more than good,"

"Who else we got?" Igor quizzed.

"You've got the party favors and an ounce, Morton brung 2 ounces, I know Nick brought some import, like a quarter of it, and I think that might be it?" Dart said.

Igor shook his head. "No, we've got the triplets too, I think, they always have some on them. They let me know they'd put in on the phone last night,"

"Is that everything?" Dart asked.

"Nope! I brought some too. I don't have it on me but it's at the crib,"

"Alright cool,". Igor said.

The light went green and we pulled into a strip mall, getting out at the dispensary on the end. We walk in, and bought couple packs of backwoods, game wraps, and some papers. Igor bought each of us a pack of hemps, refusing our payback. We walked out of the store carrying our things.

"Come on, why won't you let us pay you back?" I a complained. He shrugged.

"They were only eight bucks each! There isn't anything to pay back," he scoffed.

"Yes there is dumbass. 24 dollars," Dart rolled his eyes.

"Well, don't worry about it. It's on me," Igor pulled out of the parking lot, heading back toward the house.

We rode back to the house in silence, getting out upon arrival. I had a decent buzz going from the hemp and the beer. Igor headed upstairs, saying something about talking to Nick. I quickly headed back to my room to change into more comfortable clothes. I unpacked my bag, lighting up the candles again and crisscrossing on my bed, setting up my MacBook. Once it was set up I began to use it, setting it up in my devices list, and so on. I don't know how long I lost myself for, but I got a FaceTime call from Morton. I answered it on my Mac.

"You've been in there two hours, how high are you?" He asked. I shrugged. "I haven't smoked," I said simply. "Well everyone's here and the party's been started for a good while. Can't you hear the music?"

I turned my head to the sides so that he could see my ears. "AirPods" I said. He rolled his eyes. I heard the blast of 90's hip hop in the background. I took an airpod out, and it didn't take much listening to hear the same song from his background noise coming out of the other side of the door.

"Come on, we're missing you out here! We got some girls, we got some new faces you need to get out here and meet! Put on some trunks and come over to the hot tub," he said. I nodded, already cleaning up my bed area in preparation to leave the room. "Alright. I'll be out in about two minutes," I said. I didn't even bother mentioning I didn't care about the girls coming over.

"See you out here," he said and hung up. I sighed deeply. Maybe it would be good to show my face a bit.

I shut my laptop, heading into the bathroom, stripping my shirt, and putting on some black trunks. I put on a thin chain, leaving the bathroom. I went in my bag, going to grab my tray and a pack of woods. I grabbed some bud and carried it all out of the room. I shut the door, making my way down the hallway into the music. People I didn't know danced or chatted over a game of pool, many people were smoking or sporting drinks. Contrary to the amount of people and action going on, the place remained fairly clean.

"Aye! There's my brother!" Morton pulled himself out of the hot tub meeting me halfway as I shut the door. He slung an arm around me and walked with me to the hot tub.

"So here's Prince Charming!" A guy I didn't recognize announced. His voice did sound familiar for some reason. "What's up, people," I greeted everyone. Besides me and Morton there were 3 guys and 3 girls.

"Hey, Prince Taemin," the girls let out in a slight chorus. They all had a drink in their hand, and so did the other three dudes. "Nah, just call me Jace. It's my middle name, fuck all the prince stuff," I shook my head softly.

"Humble vato, eh? One who comes equipped too!" The middle one said. "You need to get on his level," The largest one thwacked the middle one in the back of the head. The middle one broke his arm out of the water to raise his sunglasses at the guy.

"I'm never not equipped, just put it that way," I said, stepping into the hot tub between Morton and one of the girls. I set my stuff on the side of the hot tub far enough away from the bubbles. Without getting my arms wet I leaned over the outside, resting my upper body on the stone floor next to me. I began to open the pack of woods and unravel one. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked next to me, and the girl pointed over to one of the three dudes I assumed were brothers by the way they had their arms over each others shoulders.

The smallest of them was holding out a red solo cup to me. "It's hen, weed syrup, and fruit punch," he said. Behind him were the ingredients he used to mix it, so I took the cup, taking a large gulp. "Damn this shit is good," I said, nodding in a satisfied manner. I tipped the cup back again, enjoying the concoction.

"So where you from?" The middle one asked. "I'm from Cali. In the states. I grew up on the east coast though," I said.

"Oh, no shit! We're on the same timeline too ese,"

"What's the story with your guy's approval?" I decided to ask, sipping my drink. I had the blunt loaded, I was licking it shut now. "Us, our mom and sister got approval at the same time. We got jobs and started to hustle on the side. That's when we began to make good money hustling. We were really good at it here, until it dawned on us that what we were doing was completely legal. We spent a few years getting ourselves right before we quit hustling full time. We do it part time now but it's really just for fun,"

"Well damn, nice. I came here a while ago bouncing around the system until I got really lucky one day. I've been around the North Islands a lot, but I've only been in this particular area a few years. And bam! New family," I said.

"Glad you made it here. Because judging where you are, you really are damn lucky," The smallest one nodded, holding his fist out. I bumped mine against his, grinning. I began to light up the blunt, and the others began to hold heavy conversation about something I knew nothing about. I silently passed the blunt to the left and smoked through the rotation, sipping my drink. I rolled up another, and another, and another, watching as we all got fucked up.

We all talked a lot and I learned more about the brothers. They had called themselves the Joker brothers, Jacob, Rolando, and Lobo. For some reason those names felt oddly familiar. There was something about them, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I began to get up out of the hot tub, but slipped and hit my knee on the corner of the stones. I hissed in pain and my brother stood up next to me. I began to giggle as the pain wore off. "You alright?"

"I'm fucked up," I slurred, leaning on him. I'd had about three of those mixed drinks and four blunts in me. "Get inside," he helped me up, trying not to stumble himself. He handed my rolling tray and remaining wood in the packs and whatever sherm was left. The rest of the guests cleared out, emptying the hot tub, and going into the house.

I went into my room, drying off with a towel and running the towel across my wet hair. I changed into dry shorts and put on a t-shirt, rubbing my damp hair a bit, letting the locks dangle above my head freely. I left the room, taking one of the joints out of the large container and lighting it up. I maneuvered through to the couch. Music from MTV blasted through the TV and I decided to set here and chill.

"Hey," Nick said, sitting down next to me. He had to speak pretty loudly due to the nearby obstruction of our hearing.

"What's up, Gobbles," I grinned. "Gobbles? Really?"

"It's the best I could come up with," I shrugged. We shared a small laugh before silence was swept into the music.

"I noticed you by yourself," he dug around in his pocket, fishing around for something. It was a joint. He lit it, adding to the already potent fog around the house. "So I decided to challenge you to a game," he said, turning the Xbox on with the controller. The TV was smart, and MTV continued to blast in the background.

"Shit, why not?" I agreed. "Great," he tossed me a controller, turning it on. He loaded up BO4. The title sequence began to flash on the screen.

"You from here?" He passed me the joint as I put mine into the ashtray. "Nah, the US. Been here a while though,"

"Same deal," he said. "You think everyone here is from the states?" I asked.

"I mean, hell. Maybe. There's only a few million of us. About a million or so on the main islands and not more than a hundred thousand combined on our surrounding islands,"

"Besides Spanish I haven't heard another language. And I've only heard a human speak something other than American," I let myself fall back into the cushiony couch. It felt as if I were one with it.

Nick began to laugh, and I turned my head slowly to face him. "Speak American?" Nick paused to scorn at my miswording. "English!" I cried, flailing back into an erect position. Nick began to laugh loudly again "I meant English!"

I passed him the joint, not worthy of it. "Go on, you barely hit it," he choked out.

I went on, hitting the joint as Nick concentrated on the game settings.

"Go ahead and make a class," he said. I picked up my controller, passing Nick the joint as I began to put my class together.

We played and passed the joint, laughed and got to know each-other. As more people joined us, drinks began to enter the equation, and one joint turned to six, I was insanely out of my own body.

"Come on!" I cried furiously as I tapped Nick a few times as he rounded a corner. I went through the garage and pulled out my sniper.

"I got something for you bitch," he taunted.

"Like hell you do," I said. The TV suddenly enriched itself in my world, and then I was the one holding the gun. The one that slid out of the garage door right behind Nick. The one that quick scoped the absolute shit out of him.

I had no clue who's screams were who's, but I was picked up and carried away as I giggled and hiccuped absentmindedly.

The night whizzed by quickly, playing a few more heated matched, and in a downward spiral of events, I was emptying my guts over the toilet. My body swayed and shook. I'd took it too far. A drink per kill. Obviously I hadn't got more kills than Nick, but I had virtually no tolerance, and bit off hilariously more than I could chew.

As I was being lead back to my room by my brother, one of the triplets had come down to see if I was okay before they went home. I intended to speak for myself, but could only muster out dry, disturbed sounds. I really fucking needed some water.

My brother ended up speaking for me as I gave up and took in his appearance. He looked back at me, confused and slightly weirded out as he talked to my brother. Whatever he said, he looked at me and held his fist out.

"Be safe, vato," he chuckled as I weakly knocked my fist against his. "Build your tolerance ese,"

"We're gonna work on that," Morton wobbled a bit on his feet. "I'll catch you two later, homes," he said, turning  around and exiting the hallway, but before he cut the corner, I was positive I saw him turn to look at me again. I met his eyes until he was gone.

As Morton began to screw around with my bedroom door, ashamed feelings began to surface about tonight. I didn't get to greet everyone who came. There weren't even that many people Igor had invited. If I had slowed my roll, I could've met more people. Yet here I was, getting ready to tap out.

Another thing was the fact that there had been something odd about the brothers. That interaction in the hallway had proved it. I blew it off back at the hot tub, but I knew something was off. It had something to do with what he had on... something I had undoubtedly seen before. Before I even became an Islands migrant.

It frustrated me because now I knew something was off for a fact. But I was too high to put any theories together. I looked back up from my slumped position on the wall, looking at Morton's back. A slow, intoxicated grin began to form, and then I was thrown into a fit of giggles.

He turned around to look at me, eyes insanely red. "What?" A dumbfounded expression lie on his face. At that moment, I began to burst into flames.

Crippling, hollering laughter rang through the hall as I slowly let myself slide down the wall until I was a pile on the floor.

"Why are you doing that to the door?" I choked out in between laughs, coughing and gasping for air.

"What are you talking about? We have to get in,"

"What, are you trying to put in a code?" I began to laugh again, but Morton came and lifted me off the ground. He wrapped his arms around me and slung me at the door.

I clumsily stumbled into it, smooshing the side of my face into the door. "Whoa, buy me a drink first," I mumbled incoherently. "Open it," he whined. Still propped up against the door, I twisted the knob only to fall in when the door swung open.

I burst into a fresh round of laughter. "You didn't think to turn the knob?!" I cried, wheezing at that point. Morton hauled me up, carrying me into the room and slinging me on the bed. He crashed down next to me. I laughed, giggling and writhing around.

I rolled right into the side of Morton and began to laugh even harder on him. He began to laugh loudly alongside me, slightly shaking me as he did so. I rolled back over, my head smooshed against a pillow.

The room fell silent, and I began to sink into the rhythm of my breathing. As my chest rose up and down, I let that take me to slumber.

———

I woke up to bright light shining in my face. "Hnng," I groaned, sitting up. I ran a hand through my hair, inhaling a deep breath. "Morton," I mumbled sleepily, putting a hand on his side. I shook him gently. "Wake up,"

Nothing. I dressed my face in a small pout. I tapped the side of his face. "Wake up," I said, a bit louder. He stirred, so I thought he was waking up, but he turned on his back, snoring again.

"Still sleep," I grumbled.

I laid across his stomach for no particular reason. I just wanted to annoy him enough to get up. I noticed my weed tray on the nightstand, wood packet closed and leftover flower still all on it.

"I'm not sleep, you know?" Morton mumbled. He looked down at me, haziness on his tongue.

"Then why aren't you moving?" I mused.

"Because I'm probably 200 pounds heavier than you. You laying there feels like someone put a 10 pound sack there. You're light,"

"Well fuck you. I'm staying," I grumbled.

"Feel free, I don't care," he shrugged, picking up his phone. I laid there for a few minutes fighting sleep as he scrolled through his phone.

I flicked it, making him drop it onto his face. "Ow, damnit!" He hissed, turning so that I slid off of him, spilling myself onto the floor. "Bitch," I got up, leaving the room. I went upstairs, waving to Igor and Nick as they ate cereal, talking at the dining table.

"I hope you slept alright," Igor said.

"I slept like a damn baby. Almost too good. How about you guys?"

"I slept fine, thanks for asking," Nick said.

"Ditto. I passed the fuck out last night," Igor chuckled.

"I can't thank you enough for letting me come," I opened the fridge, pulling out some leftovers.

"How could I not?" He shoveled a spoonful of cereal in his mouth, chewing for a bit. "You're good in my book, man," Igor said.

"We gotta get to know you better," Nick added. He tipped the bowl to his lips, drinking the milk quickly.

I put some of the takeout on a plate and put it in the microwave. "I'm an open novel, I've got no secrets,"

"Well I'd be lying if I said the same," Nick stood up, putting his plate in the sink. He slid by me to get to the fridge.

"Beer right after cereal?" I asked. He shrugged, tilting his head. He cracked the bud light open with his mouth, taking a large gulp.

"Beer might as well be his water," Igor shook his head, continuing to eat his cereal.

"Want some?" He held the bottle out to me. "Hell, why not?" I said, taking the bottle. I took a swallow, giving it back. "Thanks," I said, wiping my mouth of foam.

"You got it, boss," he said, heading out the balcony door. I took my leftovers out of the microwave, sitting across Igor and beginning to eat.

"How'd it go for you last night?" He asked. "I didn't really get much a glimpse of ya'," he said.

"Well I got pretty hammered a little early. And instead of really going out to socialize, I kinda hid under cover of who I already knew. I did meet some new people though. Also there were people who were watching me and Nick 1v1 that I didn't know,"

"Hell, it's alright. You're gonna meet more people. That party wasn't a one and done thing," he reassured me. I had noticed he'd been finished eating, but he was staying to not be rude.

"Thanks. I'll take it a little slower next time," I said.

"Please do. I want to actually get to dance with you next time," he leaned back, grinning at me.

"Who said we needed a party to dance?" I stared him back in the eyes, matching his grin.

The atmosphere faded to silence.

"So you're from here?" I asked lamely.

He nodded. "Born and raised,"

"Yeah. I'm glad to have got a chance to meet your dad," I said. He chuckled. "You should come to my house sometime and meet the rest of my family. My sisters are pretty cool, and my mom's really nice too," he smiled.

"Well, I'd love that. I'll be sure to come see you sometime after we leave here,"

"I'll be waiting on ya," he said. I finished my food, and we both got up and put our mess away. I went back down to my room to find it empty. I put on a 2000s graphic tee, some jeans, and my white forces.

I dug around my bag, looking to see if I had thrown my AirPods in there. But something down at the bottom caught my eye. Something I hadn't touched since I was at the adoption home. I slowly grabbed the small bracelet, staring at it.

I held it in my hands, studying it. Something about it... I thought back to last night and sobriety nearly instantly put the connection together. The very same bracelet was on the wrist of one of the brothers. The one that came down to check on me after I had thrown up.

But that dosent tell me why I have it. Why in the world did I have this silver bracelet that he had? I don't remember buying it since I came abroad, so I had to have got it from the states. So how could I have bought jewelry before I even hit my teens?

Someone must've given it to me. Who would? Not my parents.. when they had cleaned up they had got me things, like new bedroom furniture, video games for my room, toys, even the city map rug I always asked for, but never any jewelry.

Like a light switch, the memory clicked! Someone from my buried past I had forgotten about, my aunt. My mom would take me over there on the holidays before they went sober because they could get lit together and celebrate holidays without paying for anything. My moms sister would treat me like her own, despite not being sober and not becoming sober even after my parents did.

She had three sons who were all older than me. One year for Christmas she's given us all matching silver bracelets amongst our presents. I suddenly felt lightheaded, I felt like someone had flicked something on inside my head. I had blood family. Blood fucking family.

Fuck, I wish I hadn't got so torn up before I had noticed it. Now I can't show them the bracelet. I had to just go to them and show them. If I had real family, here in the islands, I had to do something about it immediately.

In a flurry of movement I flew out of the room and up the stairs. I ran as fast as my feet would take me to Igor's room as fast as my feet could carry me. He had invited them, which meant he knew them well. That means he might know where they live.

"Igor!" I cried, bursting the the room, freezing. Igor was in nothing but his boxers, shirt over his head. My instinct was to close the door and wait, but he just waited for me to say what I had to say. His body was heavily tattooed. His stomach, his chest, his arms, hell, he even had some on his legs. He most definitely didn't seem like the type to have tattoos. But again, he always wore long-sleeves and flannels at school.

"Hey, ahm- nice tattoos," Was all I could think of.

"Thanks, little dude. I've got these wings on my back," he turned around so I can see.

"Those are dope," I said quietly, awestruck. He continued to wait for me to speak. I scratched my head slowly.

"Should I just go?" I asked awkwardly.

"Nah, it's alright. It's not like I'm naked. Don't be so uptight," he laughed. "What's up?"

"Those three brothers that came last night. You know them right?" He nodded. "Yeah. What about them?"

I fished the bracelet out of my pocket, holding it in my hands to see. He walked up to me, gazing into my palms. He looked down at me. "May I?" I pushed the bracelet to his stomach.

"By all means, go ahead," I said. He held it up to his face, looking at it for a little. "Yep. That's one of their bracelets. They must've left it here?"

"No. Igor, you don't understand. That bracelet, it's mine," I confessed.

He looked at it again before tossing it back to me. "I don't get it, they said they got it as a gift from their mother. Even their sister has one," he said, shrugging on a fleece blanket hoodie. The soft fabric fell to his knees.

"Igor, I know this," I said, hoping he'd put the connection together. I took a few steps forward, meeting his eyes.

"Oh, shit! They're related to you, aren't they?"

"Yes, they are. Their mother is my aunt. My mom's sister. They have to be my cousins. I need to show them this. I thought all my chances at having any family that's blood related to me was over. You understand why I need to find them, right?" I said in one breath. I was beginning to fidget viciously. My anxiety was being constantly multiplied. I felt as if I could burst.

"Yeah! Of course. I know their address. I can text it to you. Now please calm down, you're shaking man. Take a breather," he put his hands on my shoulders.

"Before I send you their location can you do something for me?" He asked. I exhaled sharply, nodding. "Yeah,"

"Breathe. Just take a few deep breaths. Slow your mind,"

"I'm fine, Igor. I have to go."

"Please. Just real quick," he pleaded. I looked into his eyes, finding only sincerity and concern shining back at me. I sighed. "Okay.. Alright,"

I took a few deep breaths. Taking time to squeeze my eyes shut and slow my heartbeat. After a few seconds I opened my eyes, only to see Igor still looking at me, hands still secured on my shoulders tightly. I felt a bit better, but my anxiety wouldn't go away unless I got this over with.

"Feel any better, fella?" He asked gently. I nodded. "Yeah. Thanks for that, dude," I smiled weakly. He pulled me into a tight hug. I squeezed him tightly as he rocked us for a few seconds.

"Okay, I'm not gonna hold you up. Check for the address when you get ready to head out,"

"I'm going out to my car right now," I said. "Good luck," he said, sitting on his bed. I left the room, heading downstairs. I went and sat in my car, taking out my phone.

The text came up after a few seconds of sitting there.

"Should have gotten your number haha. Texted your brother for it. I'm sending you the address through Apple Maps. Should be under this text. Save this number and if you need anything just dial up,"

Under the message was the link for the GPS. I tapped on it and it brung up the directions on Apple Maps. Different from WAZE but it'll get me there.

I looked at the bracelet, taking a deep breath before starting the car. I should've lit up a joint or something, but hell; I didn't have time for that.

I pulled off in the direction of the house, hoping this would go over well. I followed the route back into the North Islands, taking the hour and a half journey to the house. I turned into their neighborhood after what seemed like ages.

As I got closer and closer my anxiety was through the roof. I felt like throwing up. I didn't even feel like listening to any music. I just had to get there. I pulled into the driveway, not even pulling in all the way.

The house was a really beautiful home. It looked well cared for, the only giveaway that this was their place was the swanky '95 Cadillac in the driveway, and another flashy car peeking from under the two car garage door.

The single car garage on the right side however was completely open, revealing shelves, a couch, a pool table, and an old big screen TV. 'What's Luv?' by Fat Joe was blasting from the large speaker in the corner of the garage.

I sighed anxiously, putting the car in park. I got out, going up to the large front door. I knocked on it, not being shy with my volume. My stomach was turning inside itself. As I heard footsteps coming toward the door above the music, my guts found themselves tied in a tight bow.

The door swung open and the first thing I noticed was the shiny reflection of a silver pistol glittering in the sun. My heart dropped, and I began to wonder if this was a good idea.

"What you want, fool?" He asked, keeping his grip on the gun. It was the middle brother. He had on nothing but long basketball shorts with a thick chain around his neck, and I could detect the hint of sleepiness in his voice. The sun rays were still golden as the sun hadn't completely risen out of its own slumber.

He had a hard look on his face, his brows furrowed, but his eyes shined in confusion.

"You remember me right? From last night?"

"Yeah, I remember you. What's up?"

"You remember your aunt Sarah, right?" He squeezed the bridge of his nose.

"I don't like it when people speak on my dead relatives ese," he said. Maybe I should've worded this better.

"Hear me out, hear me out!" I cried nervously. I stammered, looking for the right words. I wanted to slap myself for coming up here not even knowing what I was gonna say.

"I know this might be hard to believe, but I'm her son,"

"No, you're not. He passed away in that fire. Mom told us so," he tightened his face.

I fished around for the bracelet that matched the one he had on his wrist. I dug it out of my pocket and showed it to him. He froze, slowly putting the gun in his pocket. His facial expression completely changed, as if I was looking at a new person. He slowly took the bracelet from me. He looked at it carefully, putting it next to his own.

"You're alive? You're fucking alive?" He looked back up at me. His voice began to break.

"I'm alive. It's me," I smiled weakly. He tackled me into a tight embrace, and I buried my face into his chest, trying my best not to cry. Who knew I'd find anyone else from my past? Blood relatives at that. I'd have to tell my dad that I have cousins from back home. I can have them come to the house and meet all of my siblings, it would be so fucking great. My dad would love these guys.

He was squeezing me really hard, and I was losing my breath, but I didn't care. He let go and beckoned me into the house. He shut the door and we walked through the nice home. He set his gun on the kitchen counter and turned to me, biting his lip in excitement.

"Here, let me take your shoes. Get comfortable. Mi casa, su casa, make yourself at home. I'm gonna go get my brothers. Mind if I borrow that bracelet?" He asked excitedly. I nodded, giving it to him. "Hell yeah, go show em," I said. I slipped my shoes off and he took them in his other hand.

"Hold tight man I'ma go get em," he said, racing out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I looked around, taking in the beautiful space he'd put me in. There was a fireplace in the corner with a square hole for the TV. The space had tall ceilings and big windows. The kitchen was completely open to this sitting room. Off to the right hand side of the foyer there was another sitting room, and another next off of the staircase with tall windows.

The style of furniture around the place reminded me of the early 2000s, and even the TV's around the house were a bit older. Near every TV was a shelf or something of the sort which DVD player, a retro gaming console, and full shelves of CD's and games.

I don't think they dressed the house up this way because they couldn't afford newer things, but because this is what they liked. And based off of the way they were for the little time I've known them, it seemed to fit.

I heard yelling coming from upstairs and soon enough, rapid footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Lil T!" The smallest one called, tackling me to the floor. We laughed joyfully as crashed down to the floor. He stood up, smiling and offering his hand. I took it and he pulled me up and into an embrace. I hugged the largest one tightly. Once we had our moment, we stood there, looking at each other.

"Look at you, just look at you," The middle one said.

"You think you're grown, now huh?" The smallest one jabbed. "No!" I laughed.

"He's taller than you now, man look," The largest one snickered.

"No- No he's not!"

"Yes he is!"

"Oh, god. It's hard to tell ese, but it looks like it!"

"Alright you two. Back to back," the largest one beckoned us to stand together back to back. "You got lucky, he isn't taller than you,"

"How old are you guys again?"

"In order we're 19, 23, and 26," I was a bit taken aback by this. They all had some sort of facial hair going on, and they looked older.

"I'm 17," I said. "Damn, how old were you when we saw you last, like 8?"

"I think so. It was a long time ago. I'm just glad you guys got out of there,"

"Shit, we're glad too! There's no green laws so we can hustle 5/0 free. At this point it's going out and getting money. None of us have jobs. Not one of us. But we paid this house off in cash. We couldn't have pulled that shit back home," The smallest one explained.

"Man, in cash? Watch out for the IRS," I joked. Speaking of, Auntie gave you guys nicknames back then. What were they?"

"Mama always called us the Joker brothers since we loved to trick people. We quit being shady but the name stuck,"

"Let's refresh your memory homes, Im Baby Joker, the big one here is Little Joker, and shorty over here is Joker," Baby Joker snickered at Joker.

"Ey, fuck you ese!"

"So BJ, LJ, and JJ?" I proposed. They all seemed to be okay with me shortening their names, so I rolled with it.

"I'm trying to hit a J man, let's go in the front room and talk," Little Joker beckoned us toward the front of the house.

"Chill, ese. We're going, We're going," Joker shrugged Little Joker off of him and we made our way to the front room. Me and Baby Joker sat on the loveseat and Joker and Little Joker sat on either side of the coffee table. The glass in the middle of the wooden trim squeaked it's protest as the barriers around it bent slightly.

There were some previously rolled joints all smoked down to various heights. They all grabbed one and passed me one of the unsmoked ones. They fished in their shorts for their lighters and I dug around my pockets to find mine. I set my vape on my lap and lit my joint.

"Dude, you should come with us to our cousin's tomorrow,"

"More blood family?" I asked, taken aback. Certainly I was hearing him wrong.

"Hell yeah family ese! Our aunt on our moms side moved her family out too! As far as we know though, those are the only family members left. It's Our mom, aunt and uncle, then 5 cousins,"

"Bet, I'll come! What time?" I asked.

"Around 8 or 9. Let us get your number so you can call us," BJ tapped my shoulder. I pulled out my phone and locked them all in.

We got up, moving to the opened garage, feathering around the pool table. JJ began to sit on it, but BJ pushed him off, sending him to the ground. I choked on my joint, bending over in a fit of coughs trying to get my laughter out.

"Fuck you do that for?!" JJ got up in his face. BJ stiff armed him to get to the pool balls inside the table.

"I wanna run a game with our cousin, ese," he protested. I stubbed my joint out on the wall, wiping my tears from my face and clearing my throat.

JJ and BJ threw insults back and forth, with a little jabbing here and there. We all laughed, played pool and cleared the nearly decade old air. I was still in shock to find blood family, and hear of more. I felt like an adventurist getting ready to find all the lost family members. Well, those who moved here anyway.

They excitedly showed me around the house and gave me a room to sleep in whenever I spend the night. They made sure I knew I could decorate how I wanted. I saw some improvements to make but I told them I wouldn't go crazy in here.

After about a few hours of chitchatting, I decided to gather my things and leave, even though I didn't exactly feel ready to go. However I needed to get back to the South Islands.

It wasn't too hard to leave because I knew I'd see them again soon. But as we stood near the front door, having hugged my cousins goodbye, BJ seemed to have a hard time letting me go. He crushed me to him, both my arms practically glued to his back.

"I'll be back!" I cried in a fit of laughter. "No you won't!" He yelled back, also laughing. He let me go and I caught my breath, reaching up and playfully smacking his arm.

"Stop being so damn strong. Lose strength," I criticized.

"Not until the day I die homes," he saluted. I rolled my eyes, chuckling.

"It was really fun hanging with you guys," I said, waving at them as I hopped into the car. I pushed the start button, beginning to reverse out of the driveway. I put on a calm playlist to think and unwind myself for the rest of the day. I looked forward to rolling up as soon as I got back.

I slowly cruised, making sure not to let my feet carry me away. I felt as if I had taken a large weight off my shoulders, and anticipation filled my body. I made sure I relaxed thoroughly as I drove. I barely touched 85 on the interstate. I took in the sky's new display of colors as I crossed the bridge, the dark, mellowness taking over the sun. The path became much darker, just barely seeing clearly without headlights. The bridge was illuminated with sconces on posts near the sidewalks, and large string lights strewn around the structure of the bridge.

I took in the sights as I slowly drove up the winding mountain roads, and as I pulled into the impressive mansion's heated cobblestone driveway. I parked next to Morton's hellcat in front of the garage. I grabbed a hemp cig and put it between my lips, lighting it as I FaceTimed Rick. We talked for a few minutes, making sure I was caught up on his new life. He put Ron on, and I talked to him too. He showed me around, and assured me he was well taken care of. I felt amazing seeing my best friend in a nice living situation. I asked if it was okay if I came to visit soon, and they both readily agreed. I smiled and promised I'd see them soon. We said our goodbyes, and I turned off the car and stubbed out what was left of the hemp, putting it back in the pack.

I hopped out of the car, using the fob to lock it. I stepped inside and snuck into my room without being noticed. I sighed, lighting my candles, peeling open the California shutters and pushing the window open. I put an airpod in as I began to roll up, nothing illuminating the room save for a warm lamp near the bed.

I looked up, hearing a knock on the door as I was breaking the bud down. I wiped my hands on my pants, taking the tray off my lap.

"Come in," I said, loud enough for whoever it was to hear.

"Hey, I thought I heard you pull in a minute ago. Thought I'd come check on you,"

I chuckled softly, "How nice of you," I said, continuing to break down. I pat the bottom of the bed and he laid across it on his back, turning his head in my direction.

"I'm going back to my house in about an hour to grab a couple things for Dart. I'd love for you to come and meet my family," he offered with a smile.

"Well if our dads know each other, then it'd be rude not to come introduce myself!" I grinned gleefully. I brought the parred backwood to my lips and licked it shut. Igor tossed me a lighter from his shorts pocket before I could pay around for mine.

He began to stand up and go for the door. Confused, I called out to him.

"Hey, don't you wanna help me kill this?" I said, holding up my free hand. He looked back.

"Oh? Sure, I'm down!" He bounced back onto the bed. "I'm not just gonna light up in your face to leave you out!" I rolled my eyes. He put his arm behind his head, resting the other on his stomach.

"I wasn't gonna be rude and just sit in your face," he said. "I thought you were having alone time to think,"

"Well I'd call it quiet time, more so," I shrugged. I sparked the wood up and passed it once I was done. Igor took a hit and pulled out his AirPods. He tossed one to me and we listened to Let's Start Here, one of my favorite albums. After a while of hanging out on my bed, he left to go get ready. I did the same, closing the shutters, blowing out the candles, and heading into the shower, bound for a steamy shower to cleanse my body, and my mind.

Sucking in a deep breath, I prepared for a day with Igor and his family. A direct result of him wanting to get to know me better.  After all, we'd learned that our dads had been friends, and he's helped me with many things already. I trusted him, no doubt. However this trust thickened the fog surrounding the cause of this crippling nervousness. I let it roll of me, the sharp rainfall droplets caressing my back and carrying the stress away.

They say first impressions are the best impressions after all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 5.8K 91
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
89K 2.7K 72
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
747K 16.7K 45
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
359K 21.4K 77
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...