Desolate ▿ Teen Wolf

By taileilei

You would think she would be used to it by now. Always being thrown aside, sent back to the beginning where n... More

Prologue
Disclaimer
Welcome to Beacon Hills
Dark Encounter
Meeting the Mystery
New Eyes
Ashes
School Sucks
Identity
Sleep Walking
Mysterious Skills
It's Nothing
Trying to Breathe
Missing Information
The Return
Safe Haven
In Your Arms
Bigger Problems
Mexic- Oh No
We Don't Get Sick
I Know You
Truth; No Lies
Plus one
Hope WTF
Something's Wrong
Invisible Connections
Unlisted
Missing in Action
When You're Gone
Unexpected
Departure
Off-Road
Connections
Author's Note

Hold Your Breath

1.8K 71 23
By taileilei

Stiles

"It's weird though right?"

"Totally."

"I'm not going crazy am I- I'm not the only one who saw it?"

"I think we all saw it Scott, it's kinda hard to miss glowing red eyes."

"I mean it just doesn't make sense, every other time her eyes have been gold and just that one time, on the full moon, it was red."

"Scott- I know."

"But what does it mean?"

"If I knew I would tell you,"

"Yeah, yeah, I know but still,"

"Look, Scott, we can deal with this later but we need to get to class, remember- school?" I shake my head at Scott as he groans a response. "Come on you're supposed to be the responsible one now."

Scott pushes off from the ground, lightly dusting off his pants, "Yeah, Yeah, it's just so weird, and it's my responsibility to figure it out. I'm her alpha."

"But she has red eyes-"Scott glares at me, "Yeah- let's just not talk about the eyes for now?" I hold up my hands in surrender as Scott opens the locker room doors for me.

We remain silent as we continue down the hallway to our first class, our shoes the only sound in the barren hallway. I can literally feel the gears spinning in my head as I continue to think about Terra. Scott was right, how could her eyes have been red on the full moon but gold this morning? I should be focusing on school yet the only thing that I can think about is Terra. Terra Blake is the only thing on my mind- consuming my every thought with just the simple flash of a smile. With just the slightest tinkle of her eye.

Deaton did say she was different, what with the nemeton and all. But even that still doesn't make sense. Nothing about Terra really makes sense.

Terra is a puzzle, but with like, twenty missing pieces. Pieces that have been swept under the stairs and locked in a bunker. 

Sneaking into the already full classroom, I take my seat behind Terra and next to Scott. Terra turns around, passing back a paper. At first I think it's a note but am greatly disappointed when it turns out to be a worksheet.

Beginning to fill out the worksheet, I furrow my eyebrows when I realize it's a math worksheet. And we're in history. Glancing up from the worksheet I watch as Terra skillfully twirls the pen I gave her earlier between her fingers. Terra turns her head slightly, our eyes meeting for a moment before she returns her attention ahead.

Flipping the page over, a messy scrawl accompanied by random sketches fill the page. Ignoring the sketches for the time being I read the rushed note. Where were you and Scott? And can you help me with whatever this means after school? An arrow points to the other side of the page under whatever this means.

I roll my eyes, laughing to myself as flip back to the front page. Terra turns slightly towards me a small grin on her lips as she raises her eyebrows in question. I jut two thumbs up in front of me which causes Terra to laugh lightly.

From the corner of my eye I catch Scott laughing to himself. Whipping my head around to face my best friend I scowl at him as he continues to snicker. Scott makes kissy faces as I collapse onto my desk, burying my face under my flannel.

Just leave it to Scott to embarrass me.

Terra

Clambering out of my last class of the day, I bite back the shout of excitement as I leave the school. Passing through the school parking lot, I head towards the lush green sanctuary at the edge of the lot. Just as I'm about to step foot onto the fluffy green grass an arm juts out in front of me, practically clothes lining me. I fall backwards slightly, blinking in shock.

My loose brown curls fall into my face as I duck under the arm and spin around, catching their other arm before they can grab me. I'm about to twist the pale arm around when a blubbering noise that could only come from Stiles sounds.

"Stiles! What the hell?"

"Hi Terra!" Stiles whimpers, his arm held at an awkward angle and his knees bent.

"Sorry." I cringe, immediately dropping his arm. He rubs his shoulder, his face contorted into a grimace. My eyes travel longingly to the forest, the feeling once again returning and pushing me forwards. Once Stiles recovers he follows my line of vision, his expression dropping slightly.

Letting out a large breath, Stiles scratches at the back of his head awkwardly, "Go."

I whirl around, my hair flying wildly in the process, "Really!?"

Stiles holds his hands up, stopping me from immediately bolting into the trees, "I don't like this- like at all- but you're probably going to go anyways. So go, have fun." I nod, my eyes glistening. "But please, meet me back home in like an hour?" My eyes dart between his and the forest, the anticipation building quickly.

"Deal!" I jump up, my body flooding with adrenaline as I launch myself at Stiles, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck. Not even three seconds later I release him and dart off into the forest. Not even glancing back to witness the stunned Stiles, a silly grin gracing his face.

As I dart between the trees, my combat boots sink into the mud. The familiar brown muck coating the rubber soles. A light laughter escapes from my lips, my hair flowing freely around me. Wrapping my hand around the base of a skinny tree I quickly flip around, changing my direction, following the feeling.

My carefree expression changes to that of determination as I feel my destination approaching. All I want is answers. All I want is to know why I always get drawn to here. As I approach the clearing from before I suddenly notice something out of the corner of my eye.

The hair on the back of my neck bristles as I witness the dark figure raise a light into the air. Falling onto the ground, my ears ring as a pulsing siren cuts through the once calm forest. Curling into a tight ball I bite my bottom lip as I wait for the ringing to die out. Suddenly the ringing stops, however the ringing in my head lingers in the background. My vision shakes as I wrench my eyes open, the sun blocked by two legs.

Slowly lifting my head off of the leaves below me, my eyes follow the legs upwards. As soon as my eye sight reaches the face of my attacker my breath hitches in my throat.

My vision instantly sharpens, the forest around me going red as I quickly sit up and back up on my hands and knees. "Lukas?"

His blonde waves cascade down his forehead, the tree's shadows casting an eerie shade on him. He doesn't say a word as he slowly bends down, a wicked smile slowly spreading against his lips. Just as he's about eye level with me I swing my leg out, hitting him roughly on the side of the face. I don't waste a second, immediately somersaulting backwards and landing in a crouch. Jumping from the ground I run in the opposite direction.

The red slowly returning to normal as my panicked state pushes me onward. Tears stream down my face as I retreat from the forest. My ragged breathing sounding horrid in the quiet neighborhood.

I spin in a quick circle, the world spinning faster as I try to get my bearing. Where do I go? I jump in my spot when a loud horn sounds behind me. My eyesight momentarily focusing to witness a car drive around me, an aggravated driver flipping me off before they drive away.

I cough roughly, my lungs struggling to receive the required air needed. Crying out, pull at my hair before I am able to focus slightly. My enhanced senses picking up on the subtle scent of old spice and pine.

Darting in the direction, my vision is almost completely black as the panic wraps around me. Roughly opening the front door I practically crawl up the stairs to where the scent leads.

Collapsing in the doorway of a certain teen's bed room, my vision goes completely black. But I'm not down for the count. The panic has gotten the best of me.

My vision fades in and out. Only briefly catching Stiles falling to the ground beside me. Incoherent words fluttering right past me as I try to calm my breathing.

I grip at his shirt as I try to explain what is happening, my voice cutting off in-between syllables, "Stiles- he- he- found- me- how? Help- i- can't-"

Stiles cuts me off, running his fingers through my hair as he tries to get me to focus on something else. He shakes his head, his brown orbs un-focusing momentarily as my throat constricts further. My heart thumps against my ribcage, the intensity physically hurting as I cling onto Stiles for dear life.

It feels like I'm standing next to my body watching the panic attack happen. My mind and body completely disconnected as the panic gets the better of me. Stiles' voice breaks through, "Terra, focus on my voice, breathe with me- ok- Terra keep your eyes open. Terra- Terra!"

Suddenly everything freezes. My eyes wide open as Stiles' lips crash onto mine. My breathing completely stops as my brain slowly processes what is happening.

My heart races as Stiles pushes closer to me. His arms, holding me tightly to his chest. My eyes flutter closed as I feel the relief of the panic attack disappearing, my fingers knotting the fabric of his shirt- unknowingly pulling him closer to me. The physical pain dissolving as something else is set ablaze. My eyes remain closed long after the pressure is relived from my lips.

Slowly opening my eyes, my lips still puckered slightly, I focus on Stiles. Tears glisten in my eyes as I watch Stiles, his fingers continuing to comb through my hair. My brain only slightly registering that the pale teen before me is talking to me.

My fingers slowly lift to my lips, a single tear trailing down my round cheek.

No.

Why did he do that?

I can't- I won't let it happen. Not again.

My heart races for a different reason this time. This increased rate caused by one thing- fear. Fear because Stiles Stilinski just kissed me.

And I promised myself I wouldn't let this happen to me again. I won't let myself get attached. Not even to Stiles Stilinksi. 

A/N: So, im just going to leave this here... Also thank you guys so much for all the reads and votes and comments! it really makes my day and i just- i never imagined that so many people would be reading my work. Also this chapter needs major editing but i wanted to put this out there since i havent updated in so long and i feel bad. I already have half of the next chapter written so yay! see ya soon home wolves (get like home dogs?)

edited 9/30/16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1M 54.5K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
244K 7K 34
"Really? You strip yourself of your best defense- against me?" Diana chuckled. "My defense?" "They were yours." [Infinity War + Endgame + WANDAVISI...
234K 10.1K 12
An addition to 'He is in love with his ex' If you haven't read that story, please check it out in my works. You won't understand this one if you have...