The Tale of a Beautiful Trage...

By and-the-children-too

As a Jedi padawan, gaining a Master is like a dream come true. It's one step closer to reaching knighthood, a... More

Soundtrack
A Beautiful Tragedy
ACT I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One β€’
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight

Chapter Forty-Four

14K 511 1.2K
By and-the-children-too

2.8k words

Unspoken Words

(Y/n)'s POV
"Hold onto these for us buddy," Anakin handed all of our lightsabers over to his new droid, Artoo.

"When did you finally finish him?" I asked as the obedient droid put our weapons under lock and key within himself, appearing to be proud and excited to be a part of today.

Anakin gave a gentle pat to the droid before looking at me, "A few days ago. We spent the time getting reacquainted and now he's ready for his first mission too," He said with the brightest smile on his face, "And you'll be giving those back as soon as I give the signal alright?" He addressed him and I found it kind of cute how in love he already was. He can't stay mad at Padmè for long after giving him something like this can he? I'm honestly unsure if he's even still mad that she spilled the beans to me, he hasn't said anything about it, nor has he spoken to her — that I'm aware of.

Artoo beeped in excitement and they began to have a small conversation that I didn't listen to because my attention was now on my own droid, "Alright girl, remember what I told you. You have to stay here, we'll be back before you know it." She beeped sadly in response, but didn't put up a fight.

I plan to bring her on missions in the future, but for this one, I thought it would be best if she sits back. She's still new to me and I feel I have more about her to learn before throwing her out into the dangerous world.

"Okay Padawan, I need you to come here," My Master spoke to me, causing my attention to shift away from my droid. Anakin held shackles in his hands that he got from a bag, and I noticed from the corner of my eye that Master Kenobi was already placing them on Ahsoka's wrists.

I sighed as I stepped forward and held my wrists out, "Make sure they're not too tight." I said and he nodded, glancing down at my wrists. I was waiting for him to put them on, but he was hesitating. It didn't take a genius to know why, "Hey," I called to him and he slowly looked up with a sad look in his eyes, "It's okay, it's only temporary." I reminded him. I know he doesn't want sympathy for his past, but it's obvious he's having a hard time with all of this.

"I know," He sighed quietly before looking back down and slowly and gently locked the shackles on one wrist, before doing it to the other, "I'd trade places with you if I could." He whispered while holding my hands in his, his thumbs caressing the soft skin around my knuckles and fingers.

"I wouldn't let you if you could," I whispered back.

Our eyes met again, and there were so many unspoken words behind his eyes and I only wish I knew what they were. Our connection is a two-way street, I can only go in if he lets me — and vice versa. And right now, he was a closed book.

"Are you two ready?" Kenobi broke the silence and Anakin immediately released my hands from his.

I dropped them down in front of me and the chains rubbed together, creating a sound that made Anakin cringe, "Yeah we're ready, let's go." He spun around quickly and exited the ship. We all followed in his steps with Kenobi and I sharing a knowing look.

Master Kenobi—who was posing as a bodyguard of the King—held Ahsoka and I's chains together in his palms as he pulled us through the streets of Zygerria, "Pick up the pace slaves." He tugged on the chains to feed into the illusion. We told him it was okay to do prior to this, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt a little. It wasn't unbearable or anything, just a small ache that let me to know I'd have a few bruises later.

"You don't have to be so rough with them," Anakin mumbled under his breath from in-front of us.

'We're fine,' I assured him, but he gave me no response. All I heard was him take a deep breath before we continued on.

The walk up to the palace gates took us about fifteen minutes from where we landed the ship, and during the journey, Ahsoka and I had already broken into a sweat. The weather here was hot and humid, almost like we were in a desert, "Are we almost there, the sun is beating down on me." Ahsoka complained.

"Did I say you could talk slave?" Kenobi yelled, taking us by surprise. At first we thought he was being too much, but when we noticed the palace guard not far from us, we understood his hostile tone. We were definitely in ear shot of them.

"Halt," One of the guards jumped down from atop a wall and landed in-front of my Master and Artoo who was wheeling close by him, "What is your business here?" He asked, holding a weapon towards Anakin's face.

My Master's lips tugged into a smirk, "I am King Lars of Byss, here to bring the Queen a few gifts," He turned and gestured to Ahsoka and I, his eyes lingering on mine for a few seconds before he shifted his gaze to the Zygerrian, "As a show of good faith of course. I merely wish to speak with her."

"And why should we let you?" The Zygerrian asked with a scoff.

"I hear the Queen is looking for a King to rule by her side — a submissive King who will not dare step into her light," He added with a familiar smirk, "A role I would be happy to fill. And these fine, obedient slaves are only a taste of the treasures I can bring into her life." The way he spoke was so... seductive and alluring.

It made me want to throw something at him.

The Zygerrian shared a look between a few of the others, before another stepped forward and whispered into the ear of the one who approached us. He rolled his eyes and looked at Anakin, "Apparently the Queen would like to meet you, follow me." He motioned for us to walk through the gates that were now opening.

At first I was wondering how she even knew we were here, but upon looking up, I noticed a droid above us hovering — then it clicked. She was watching us the whole time, meaning she heard every doting word that left Anakin's lips, and she's interested.

What if she kisses him? Or worse, what if they sleep together? No that wouldn't happen. He wouldn't go that far... would he?

I felt a twist in my gut that I tried to ignore.

Why do I even care? No, I don't care, I don't, I'm just overthinking.

"You okay? You look... uneasy?" Ahsoka whispered.

I pulled myself away from my annoying thoughts and nodded quickly, "Yup, totally fine. Never been better." I smiled.

She furrowed her brows at my eagerness before looking ahead at where we were going, "If you say so," She sang quietly.

After walking through the palace that felt never-ending, the Zygerrian soldiers pushed open a set of heavy doors that led into what looked to be a throne room. And there sitting on a throne was a Zygerrian woman, beautiful in her societies standards, but nothing special to me—

"I was told you were beautiful, but words simply do not do you justice your highness," Anakin bowed, which was a cue for the rest of us to bow as well, and I couldn't help but glare at him as I did so, "You are breathtaking."

'You are breathtaking', I mocked — shut up.

'Is that jealousy I hear?' He responded to a thought I was unsure he would hear or not.

I wanted to scoff, 'Don't flatter yourself.'

I can't explain this feeling or this anger within me, all I know is that I hated it. Unless, is it jealousy? No.. that would be absurd. Us Jedi don't feel things like that, I'm simply just disgusted by the Queen and what she represents. How could anyone use another as if they are objects to own? It's immoral and downright disgusting.

She smiled at him with a low chuckle, "Your words are quite flattering Lars, I have yet to have a suitor so charming. Most are very dull and uninteresting." She spoke for the first time, her feminine voice having a slight accent to it, "Tell me, you're the King of where again?" She asked with the slight raise of her chin, her eyes scanning him and down.

"Byss, your grace," He responded, taking a step closer to her, only for her guards to raise their weapons in a warning.

"Allow him to approach," She calmed them down and gestured for him to get closer.

He walked up the steps to her throne and she held out her hand for him, which he accepted before kissing the back of it, "I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to meet you love," Love? "And I have brought you gifts in good faith, hoping you would accept them, as well as bless me with an invitation to have an evening with you. So we could get to know each other a little better." He said and although I couldn't see his face, I knew the narcissistic smirk he was holding.

She raised a brow with a sly smile, "And what gifts have you brought me King Lars?" She asked, almost seductively.

He let go of her hand and turned to the side before gesturing towards Ahsoka and I, "Two of my finest and most obedient slaves. And they are now yours whether you choose to spend the evening with me or not," His eyes met mine and I immediately looked away. These words of his were chosen specifically in case she does turn down his offer, because then at least Ahsoka and I would be their plan B by having access to the palace.

The Queen looked us over, "They are quite beautiful, they would fetch you a fine price anywhere else. Yet you choose to hand them to me, for free." She shifted her eyes back to him.

His handsome smile widened as he got even closer to her, "Please your highness, their beauty is dull in comparison to yours." He flirted and she giggled like a teenager, "I do hope you will accept them, and allow me to have one evening of your time."

She eyed him like he was dessert and I began to involuntarily dig my nails into my palms, "You seem rather confident you can win my heart with only one evening."

Anakin bent down and brought his lips to her ear, mumbling words that no one else in the room could hear. Then he moved back and straightened his posture, "So yes my Queen, I do believe a single evening will be enough."

What the hell did he say?

She stood up with the biggest smile on her face and a blush that highlighted her cheeks, "You've convinced me Lars, I will accept your gifts," She clapped and a group of about four guards approached Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, and I, and Obi-Wan reluctantly handed our chains over to the demanding Zygerrians, "And I do hope your hungry because I think lunch will be a perfect place for us to start this... date."

"I would be delighted, your highness," He said to her, still holding a charming smile, before he subtly looked over in my direction in time to see the guards removing our shackles. After the shackles were gone, two other Zygerrian soldiers came towards us with something in their hands, a device I've never seen before.

Obi-Wan inhaled, "Those are shock collars," He informed us in a whisper low enough for only us to hear, "Please behave and don't give them a reason to activate them, I don't want to see you girls hurt."

"Hold on," The Queen spoke, "Before placing the collar on the one in red, I want that necklace. It is much too pretty to be on a slave," She pointed at me, "Bring it to me Lars."

Anakin shot his gaze to her and for a moment his charm-like demeanor was gone, and I could see the hatred and venom in his eyes that he had been withholding, "Yes your highness," He said after putting his act back up and smiling.

My Master waltzed down the steps and closed the space between us with his long strides. He stood in-front of me and I could hear the clasping of Ahsoka's collar from next to me as the Zygerrian placed it on.

Anakin brought his fingers to the ribbon around my neck and delicately undid it, his ocean eyes never leaving mine.

'I told you we should have left it in the ship.'  I said,

'I'll get it back.' He assured me.

'Why does it even matter?'  I wanted to roll my eyes, but the Zygerrian soldier who was in charge of placing my collar on had his eyes on us.

Anakin sighed after he finally removed it and held it between his fingers, 'The gem has a tracker inside of it.' He informed me after turning around and placing his back to me.

'You put a tracker on me like an animal without even consulting me?'  I wanted to yell, but I held it in.

'Be angry if you want, but I only did it because I was afraid to lose you. You are prone to disaster (y/n), and I care far too much to not at least take one pre-caution.'

I didn't have a response to that. I was angry, but... his words also made my heart skip a beat. What the hell is happening to me? I asked myself the very question I feel I've asked myself too many times already. But truly, why am I feeling the way I've been feeling... What does it mean?

I watched him approach the Queen and she asked him to place the necklace on her, which he did. But it wasn't even remotely as intimate as it was when he did it for me, it was almost like he was rushing so he would no longer have to touch her. Or at least, that's what I told myself based on his body language.

My view of them was suddenly gone when a soldier stepped in-front of me and placed the heavy collar around my neck, "Let's see if they work," He smiled as he held a remote up in his hand.  He pressed a red button that was on it before I had time to register what it was for, and I was immediately overcome with a horrible pain shooting throughout my body.

I and Ahsoka both screamed in agony as we dropped to our knees. The pain, thankfully, only lasted for a few seconds before it ended.

"Was that necessary?" Obi-Wan asked the Zygerrian in a calm tone, clearly hiding his malice.

The soldier shrugged, "I was only checking to see if they worked, some can be faulty." He chuckled, placing the device in his pocket.

Ahsoka and I were still on the floor, catching our breath as we kept our heads down, "Are you okay?" She whispered.

I slowly nodded and slid my hand to hers for comfort, "Are you?"

"Yeah, but I'm seriously going to give him a piece of my mind the second this is over," She shot her gaze up to the guard that put us through that pain. He was currently walking towards the Queen and once he reached her, he took the device out of his pocket and handed it to her.

I felt a pair of eyes burning me and I turned my gaze to Anakin. His jaw was clenched and his hands were balled into fists, but he didn't say anything, not even through our connection, "Thank you," The Queen thanked her soldier, "Take them away for now and bring them to the dining hall in hour, Lars and I are going to work up an appetite with a walk in the garden. How does that sound?"

As soon as he realized she was speaking to him, he looked away from me and smiled at her, "That sounds wonderful." He said before shifting his nervous eyes back at me as the Zygerrian guards took us away.

Hope you enjoyed it❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 118 17
Maxine has been on her own for the past three years. The transport shuttle taking her and her parents away from the violence plaguing the galaxy cra...
50.8K 1K 43
eΒ·terΒ·nal /Ι™ΛˆtΙ™rn(Ι™)l/ adjective~ Lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning. (of truths, values, or questions) valid for all time; essent...
252K 6.8K 61
The last person in the galaxy you would ever want to be trapped with inside a little ship in space was your arrogant, cruel master- Anakin Skywalker...
19.1K 639 53
Akya Sagral is no Jedi. Not yet. And in her situation, you'd think she may never get there. Yet, the midichlorians still run through her blood, an...