๐ฐ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๏ฟฝ...

By cxskett_lxrx

When Emily Prentiss walks into the BAU on her first day she has no clue who will turn out to be her boss. Whe... More

Prologue
xx1xx
xx2xx
xx3xx
xx4xx
xx5xx
xx6xx
xx7xx
xx8xx
xx9xx
xx10xx
xx11xx
xx12xx
xx13xx
xx14xx
xx15xx
xx16xx
xx17xx
xx18xx
xx19xx
xx20xx
xx21xx
xx22xx
xx23xx
Xx24xx
xx25xx
xx26xx
xx27xx
xx28xx
xx29xx
xx30xx
xx31xx
xx32xx
xx33xx
xx34xx
xx36xx
xx37xx
xx38xx
xx39xx
xx40xx
xx41xx
xx42xx
xx43xx
xx44xx
xx45xx
Xx46xx
xx47xx
xx48xx
Xx49xx
Xx50xx
Xx51xx
xx52xx

xx35xx

371 14 3
By cxskett_lxrx

When Emily came back to the waiting room of the hospital, Morgan and Reid got up to visit Hayley. After they were gone Hotch stood up and grabbed his coat. "I thought maybe I could drive you home?", he offered to Emily.

"That would be great.", Emily smiled lightly. After the two had said goodbye to the rest of the team they went to the parking lot and got into Hotchs car. The car ride to Emily's apartment was mostly quiet since both of them were really tired. But Hotch still asked her how she was and what the doctor had told her.

"Nothing too bad, just a few bruises and a concussion.", Emily answered his question.

"How long are you supposed to stay home?", he wanted to know.

"The doctor said about three days off should do it.", she told him.

"Take five.", Aaron replied.

"No really I'm fine, I can go back to work by the end of the week.", Prentiss tried to convince him.

"Emily I told you to take 5 days off, so do it please. The physical wounds are not the only ones that need to heal.", he said serious.

"I guess there is no way winning this discussion.", Emily sighed.

"You guessed it right.", Hotch replied and for the rest of the car ride they didn't talk much more.

When they arrived in front of the apartment building Hotch got out of the car too and brought Emily upstairs to her apartment. While she unlocked the door he said: "Oh my god I forgot to tell you, but be prepared for a mess. I let Garcia sent me a forensic team when I got here and you were missing. You know how they leave their crime scenes."

"Oh no please say this is a joke.", Emily groaned annoyed and opened the door. Like Hotch had hinted, the apartment was kind of a mess. "Looks like I have some cleaning to do in the next few days.", she said still kind of annoyed but she just accepted her fate.

"I could help you if you want.", Hotch offered.

"Oh don't say that, I may get back to that offer.", Emily laughed. "Do you want something to drink?", she asked before Hotch could reply something.

"Not right now but thank you.", Hotch declined her offer politely.

"So you just said that you were the one who went here to check on me, why did you do that?", Prentiss asked curious.

"When you didn't show up at dinner and hadn't even texted one of us I got suspicious. I thought that was an very unlikely thing for you to do and I kinda had a bad feeling about it. So I decided I should probably check on you. When I arrived here your door was completely open so I pulled out my gun and searched your apartment but I found no one so I immediately called Garcia. I just knew that something was definitely wrong, you wouldn't just leave your apartment door open after you didn't show up to a dinner with the team.", Hotch explained to her.

"So you found out that I was missing at the same evening?", Emily asked surprised, she had thought they would have only realized that something was wrong when she didn't show up at work the next day.

"Yeah and I'm glad I did, because that gave me more time to think about places where Foyet could have brought you. And then when he kidnapped Hayley too I had a feeling he would bring you two to mine and Hayleys old house but it kinda seemed unlogical for most of the time. But then when you weren't at the warehouse I knew it really must have been that old house so when he called me I got into my car and started to drive there while I was still waiting for Garcia to confirm it. In the end I'm glad I did that because if I had waited the whole time for her to confirm it I doubt that I would have made it there in time...", Aaron said and you could see in his face expressions that he was still scared when he talked about the possibility of him being to late.

"But you made it there in time. That is all that matters.", Prentiss tried to reassure him. It was quiet for a few seconds before Emily asked: "Aaron do you have a few more minutes before you need to go home?"

"Uhm yes of course. Do you need anything from me?", he wanted to know.

"I thought maybe we could talk about what this whole situation means for us now. I mean the team knows about it and Hayley knows about everything too.", Emily told him looking a bit uncomfortable.

"I guess that is a good idea.", Aaron sighed. The two went over into the living room and sat down on Emily's sofa.

"So what do you wanna do now?", the brunette started the coversation.

"I talked to Hayley and we both think it doesn't make sense to act like everything is fine any longer. So I guess you could say we officially broke up. And I also told you that I love you and you said you love me too so I think there is nothing standing in our way anymore so if you want it then we can tell everyone we are in a relationship.", Hotch shrugged his shoulders.

"That's the problem Aaron. Yes I said I love you but I think I love an old version of you. Yeah of course it's been a few months since I joined the team and got to know the new version of you but a lot of the time we ignored each other and we also saw each other mostly at work so I wouldn't call that knowing each other good enough to start a relationship.", Emily told him hesitant.

"So you don't want to be with me?", Hotch asked.

"That's not what I meant with that. I mean that we should wait a little longer and get to know each other better before we rush into something. Also I think you should still be there for Hayley for a while. She just lost a baby and it was yours too so I think both of you need some time to process that.", Prentiss explained her thoughts.

"So you mean we should go on dates?", Hotch replied.

"Uhm yeah I guess.", Emily shrugged her shoulders a bit confused.

"Alright Emily Elizabeth Prentiss do you want to go to dinner with me this Friday?", Hotch asked playfully.

"Let's see if I still have an black eye or if it's gone by then.", Emily laughed.

"Alright that sounds like a deal.", Hotch joked. "But now seriously, do you think we have a chance in the future?", he added worried.

"I mean my mother won't be a problem anymore and you are single now so I guess there is nothing standing in our way.", Prentiss answered his question honest.

"Alright is there anything else we should talk about? Because I think both of us need some sleep.", Aaron yawned.

"I think that was everything for now.", Emily smiled and got up and so did Hotch. She brought him to the door but when he was about to leave she suddenly said. "Wait Hotch."

"What's wrong? Do you need anything else?", he asked worried.

"I know I wanted to take this slow and I know that Foyet isn't a problem anymore but it still feels weird being here so could you maybe stay with me?", Emily asked shy. "Okay wait no this was a stupid idea, I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked.", she then proceeded to say when Hotch didn't answer immediately.

"No Emily it's fine. I can stay with you if this would make you feel more safe.", Hotch told her.

"Are you sure?", she asked.

"Yes of course.", Hotch replied.

"Thank you.", Emily smiled.

Emily went into the bathroom real quick to finally take a shower and then changed into some fresh and also comfy clothes. After that the two went to the bedroom and sat down on the sides of the bed. "Do you want the TV on or anything?", Emily asked him.

"Just do what you would always do. I'll be fine.", Hotch reassured her.

After Emily had turned the TV on she turned the volume of it down and she layed down next to Hotch and rolled over so she could face him. "Thank you for staying.", she whispered.

"There is nothing I would rather do right now.", Hotch replied smiling and gave her a light kiss on the forehead. "Sleep well Em.", he said.

"You too Aaron.", she replied and smiled. When she closed her eyes she felt the same comfort as ten years ago. After Hotch was gone she thought she would never feel it again since no other man made her feel this way and her last thoughts before she fell asleep were

'You don't know how much I've missed this...'

--------------------

A/N: It's a short chapter, I know, I hope y'all don't mind <3

Since the book is coming slowly to an end and I already started something new a few months ago (you'll hear about it soon ;) ) I wanted to ask if anybody who has English as their mother tongue (or speaks it very well) noticed any mistakes I often do, like a grammatical or a spelling mistake.
If you noticed something just let me know in the comments please so I can learn and do better in the next story <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 2.7K 40
| Currently being re-written | Y/n has been at the BAU for five year, she's comfortable with whole team. But shes closer around Agent Hotchner. She b...
16.7K 188 13
When you walk into your boss's office only to find that you have already made your first impression and not in the way you wanted, however, he is unl...
194K 4.8K 45
THIS IS ALSO POSTED ON AO3 Y/N started at the BAU almost 2 years ago and her and Emily's bickering started on her first day. The pair constantly thro...
7K 81 15
Emily Prentiss joins the bau, and immediately takes notice of a certain blonde woman. The secret that Emilys hiding from the team could either bring...