πŒπŽπ“πˆπŽπ π’πˆπ‚πŠππ„π’π’...

By maddysarchive

β†³οΈŽ the night steve harrington thinks his life is over, it actually begins. 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄 π‡π€π‘π‘πˆππ†π“οΏ½... More

MOTION SICKNESS
'βœ¦Λ‘ Φ΄ΦΆ π“‚ƒβŠΉ jack miller
β†³οΈŽ volume one
i. i hate you for what you did
ii. and i miss you like a little kid
iii. i faked it everytime, but that's alright.
iv. i can hardly feel anything
v. i hardly feel anything at all
vi. you gave me fifteen hundred
vii. to see your hypnotherapist
viii. i only went one time, you let it slide
ix. fell on hard times a year ago
x. was hoping you would let it go and you did
xi. I have emotional motion sickness
xii. somebody roll the winds down
xiii. there are no words in the english language
β†³οΈŽ volume two
xiv. i could scream to drown you out
xv. i'm on the outside looking through
xvi. you're throwing rocks around your room
xvii. and while your bleeding on your back in the glass
xviii. i'll be glad that i made it out
xix. sorry that it all went down like it did
xx. he has emotional motion sickness
xxi. please roll the windows down
xxii. there are never any right words
xxiii. i need to scream right now
xxiv. and why do you sing with an english accent?
xxv. i guess its to late to change it now
β†³οΈŽ volume three
xxvi. you know i'm never gonna
xxvii. let you have it
xxviii. but i will try to drown you out
xxix. you said when you met me
xxx. you were bored
xxxi. you were in a band when I was born
xxxiii. you asked me to walk you home
xxxiv. but i had to carry you
xxxv. and you pushed me in
xxxvi. and now my feet can't touch the bottom of you
EPILOGUE
🀍

xxxii. surrender to the sound

758 38 8
By maddysarchive

︎ VOL THREE. CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

❝︎ you are my sun, my moon, and all
of my stars. ❞︎

Jack didn't know why he was still here. He could have booked a train to Chicago, to forget about Vecna, Steve, Hawkins, all of it. But he didn't. Instead, he was standing in front of a blue, archaic house, creepily hanging over their group.

    He wanted to be there for Max, they all did. But Jack still felt the urge to run far away, so he'll never have to face this complication again.

    Steve refused even to look his way, his eyes turned to the ground every time Jack spoke, and he began to turn his longing gazes to Nancy. Jonah was going to have a field day once he received Jack's latest letter.

    Jack huffed as Steve and Nancy attempted to open the door of the house. Robin elbowed him, smirking, and leaned into Jack's ear.

    "You jealous that you're lover boy's with his ex, aren't you?"

    "He's not my lover boy, anymore," Jack replied.

    "What?!" Robin raised her voice, causing the entire group to turn their heads to her and Jack. "You broke up?"

    "Wait–" Dustin placed a hand over his hip, pointing between the broken-up couple. "Is she being serious?"

    "Yes, we broke up," Jack said. "Now drop it and focus on this shit about Victor Creel, alright?"

    "Wow..." Nancy muttered, shocked. "Steve, you were gone for him, like so far gone, it wasn't okay. I can't believe–"

    "Yeah, well I'm not the one who ended things," Steve bit out bitterly, turning his attention to prying the door open. "So like Miller said, drop it."

    Steve hadn't called Jack by his last name, in years. Jack had called Steve 'Harrington' a number of times, but they'd both known that's how Jack expressed his love for Steve, with strange pet names. But Steve? He only ever called Jack 'Miller' when he was mad at him.

    Steve and Nancy continued their attempts on entering the house, while everyone discussed the issues at hand. Vecna, The Creels, Max. Finally, they were able to open the door once Robin threw a brick through the glass window of the door. Steve stuck his hand through the broken glass, twisted the doorknob, and opened the screeching door. The seven of them slowly entered the house, shining their flashlights over torn walls and dusty furniture. Omitting, Dustin and Steve bickering in the corner.

    Jack followed after Max, who was standing in front of a large clock, her flashlight beaming against its wood.

    "Is this what you saw? In your visions?" Nancy asked, and Max nodded.

    "I mean..." Robin said. "It's just a clock. Right?" She ran her hand over the dusted surface, clearing the fragments off. "Like a normal old clock."

    "Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks?" Steve asked. "Maybe he's like, a clockmaker or something?" 

    "I think you cracked the case," Dustin sarcastically remarked.

    Nancy ignored them. "All I know is the answers are here. Somewhere. Okay, everyone stays in groups of two and three. Robin, upstairs."

    Robin and Nancy paired off, jogging up the stairs, while Lucas and Max went in the opposite direction. Leaving Jack, Steve, and Dustin. Great.

    "Fuck me," Jack whispered to himself as Steve sighed, heading toward the stairs. Jack followed him, listening to Dustin and Steve argue over Steve's sigh.

    The pair continued to bicker while Jack scanned the room for clues, rummaging through loose floor panels, and cobwebs. He completely began to drown Steve and Dustin out once Dustin's tone transitioned to a british accent, allowing the dirt on the floor to coat his fingers as he brushed it off the wood panneling. But, he found nothing.

    He stood up, placing the light from his flashlight over a paned-glass window, trying to notice any clues. Once again, he found nothing. He walked over to a chest, and just as he opened it, he heard a crash from the other side of the room.

    Jack ran to the other side of the room, and his body collided with another. The other person let out a shriek, as Jack's body touched his, immediately backing away. It was Steve.

    "Whoa," Jack breathed out, placing a hesitant hand on Steve's shoulder. "What happened?"

    "There was a spider," Steve brushed his jacket.

    "What?"

    "It's a black widow," He slammed a door shut. "Don't go in there,"

    Jack noticed a particle of white cotton stuck in Steve's hair, and he ran his fingers through Steve's hair. "Oh, oh shit."

    Steve walked away from Jack, touching his hair. "What? What?"

    "Stop moving, Harrington," Jack picked the web out of his hair. "I got it. I got it."

    "If there's a spider, you're never gonna find it till it lays eggs and the babies spill out." Robin's voice appeared.

    Jack snorted while Steve scoffed, "What is wrong with you?"

    Robin chuckled, walking away while Steve shook his head. "She's got problems..."

    "And you don't?" Jack replied, raising an eyebrow, continuing to run his fingers through Steve's hair.

    The web had vanished by now, but Jack knew this would probably be the last time he could feel the way Steve's hair felt through his palm, so he continued to toy with it.

    "I think we all do," Steve said in a whisper. "Us especially,"

    Jack laughed lightly, "Yeah," He then cleared his throat, patting Steve on the back platonically. "Alright, you're done."

    "Yeah...um, thanks." Steve turned around, looking Jack up and down. "Miller..."

    "Steve," Jack warned.

    "Where were you this morning?"

    "You and I both know the answer to that question," Jack replied softly. "Let's get back to investigating or whatever the fuck."

    "I know I should hate you," Steve disregarded Jack. "But I miss you,"

    "I miss you too," Jack said. "It hasn't even been a day these things take time."

    "I just don't know why you can't take me back."

    "Yes you do," Jack replied.

    Steve's lips fell open to reply, but instead, he just looked across the room and left Jack standing like a fool in the middle of the abandoned house.

Moments later, Max called them into a room. Jack quickly followed after Dustin as they traveled after her voice and entered the eerie atmosphere. The seven of them stood in front of a chandelier as it flickered on and off. They were back to stage one, Steve refused to look at Jack, and Jack refused to look back. They were on opposite sides of the room, their eyes both focused on the flashing lights.

    "It's like the Christmas lights," said Nancy.

    "The Christmas lights?" Robin asked.

    "Yeah, when Will was in the Upside Down, the lights... came to life."

    "Vecna's here," Lucas said. "In this house. Just on the other side."

    They began to follow after Vecna through the light on Steve's flashlight. Steve let it lead him around the house, and once he reached the second floor, the flashlight turned off.

    "Shit," Steve muttered. "I lost him,"

    "No, you didn't," Max said, pushing past Steve and opening the door to the attic.

    Upstairs in the attic, all of their flashlights began to flutter on and off, they placed the Florence on a lightbulb that was also beaming and watched as the room began to flicker on and off with the lighting.

    Jack felt his body stiffen and his breathing gets heavier as the lights flashed more rapidly. He attempted to look away, ignoring the rising pain in his head as the room became overwhelming.

    "Jack..." Steve whispered, tugging on the sleeve of his sweater. "Miller!"

    "I'm fine, Steve,"

    "No, you're not," Steve replied, clicking his flashlight off. "Let's get the hell out of here!"

    "Steve," Jack protested.

    "No!" Steve shouted, "I'm driving you home. You brought your meds with you to Hawkins, right?"

    "Yeah, yeah, of course,"

    "Alright," Steve said, "Everyone, out!"

    The seven of them quickly left the house, the kids and Robin piling into Nancy's car while Steve drove Jack home. Steve put on low music as he turned around the corner, going the opposite way of Nancy's car.

    Hawkins was a small town. By the time they'd reached Jack's house, the song hadn't even gotten to its bridge yet. Steve led Jack into his house, ringing the doorbell and smiling as Lisa let them both in.

    "Steve, it's so great to see you!" Lisa smiled. "It's been a while, you'll have to come around for dinner soon."

    "Oh, um." Steve stammered. "Yeah! Actually, I just came to drop Jack off. He's um– he needs to take his medication, he seemed out of it."

    Lisa nodded watching her son as Jack sat down on the couch. "Alright, I'll get it right away. Would you like to stay? I just started the kettle."

    "No, I can't, sorry," Steve said, standing in front of the front door. "I have to get going,"

    "Well then, I won't keep you," She smiled. "See you soon!"

    Steve nodded awkwardly, slipping out of the door. Lisa turned to her son, raising an eyebrow, and headed toward the bathroom.

    Jack let out an annoyed groan, sinking his head into a pillow as his mother's absence filled the room. When she came back it was with two pills and a glass of water.

    "You didn't have to, Ma," Jack muttered, taking the glass of water and swallowing the pill.

    His mother scoffed, tapping his leg and sitting beside him. "You don't need to act like such a martyr, Jack. Now, tell me what that was about."

    "What are you talking about?"

    "Steve," She said. "What on earth was that about? He's never in a rush to leave, especially when I offer tea."

    "Oh," Jack sighed, looking down at his lap, "Ibrokeupwithhim,"

    "I'm sorry?"

    "I broke up with him. Steve. I broke up with Steve."

    Lisa hit Jack on the shoulder, causing the man to let out a hiss of pain. "What the hell?"

    "He was a good man!" She yelled. "Why would you break up with him?"

    "You wouldn't understand,"

    "Why not!"

    Jack's lips fell into a straight line. "Because you're not gay, mom. You don't understand that we're all dying, and no one's doing anything about it. Steve still has a chance. A chance to escape this hell."

    His mother never replied, she just threw her arms over Jack's shoulder. Jack buried his face into her chest, letting out a wet sniffle. He didn't expect all of his pent-up sobs to be unleashed, but they were. He cried so deeply into the woman's arms, tears coating her sleeve, and snot running down her collar. He never wanted to leave the safety of her arms, burying himself into her. But then the kettle began to whistle and he was forced back into the world, the cold, darkness of reality.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Jack slept in.

    His alarm blared within the radiance of his room, and Jack let out a loud groan, smacking the machinery and burying his head into his pillow. Just as his eyes closed once again, the doorbell rang. Jack tried to ignore it but it continued repeatedly.

    He rolled out of his bed, throwing an abandoned navy blue sweatshirt over his bare chest, and opened his window. Outside, he saw Dustin standing in front of his door, seething as his fingers rapidly pressed against the button.

    Jack opened his window, looking out at the boy. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

    Dustin turned around, his lips falling open. "You idiot! You were supposed to meet us at the Wheelers one hour ago! Now, get in the damn car and I'll explain everything once you're strapped in."

    Jack sighed, slamming the window shut. He brought the sweatshirt to his nose, sniffing it, and shrugging. Then he tossed on a pair of light-washed jeans and white converse. He ran to the bathroom, brushing his teeth and running a hand through his hair, before running down the stairs, outside, and then into Nancy's car.

    "I'm sorry! I'm sorry," Jack said. "I went to bed early last night and ended up sleeping in. Sue me!"

    "Yeah, well, you missed a lot," Dustin hissed.

    "What now?"

    "Vecna got his newest victim," Robin said. "Patrick McKinney,"

    "Shit," Jack sighed.

    "And now Eddie's in deep shit," Lucas added. "So we've got to go find him at Skull Rock. Fast."

    "Shit," Jack repeated himself. "I really am sorry, you know it's just been a rough couple of days. I mean, for Max especially, I don't even know what I'd do in your situation, that is just–"

    "Jack," Max smiled.

    "Yeah?"

    "Stop talking,"

    Steve gave Jack an odd look from the trunk of the car, raising his eyebrow. "Is that my sweatshirt?"

    Jack looked down at the fabric, silently cursing himself. He caught Robin's grin in the rearview mirror, flipping her off, and hitting his head against the car headrest.

    When they arrived at Skull Rock, Dustin, and Steve led the group toward Eddie's location, bickering over the correctness of Dustin's compass, and Steve's vanity in making Skull Rock a popular make-out location.    

    Jack blushed at the memory of his and Steve's visits there. In the summer of 1985, they'd found themselves there a handful of times, brushing hands as they walked toward the rock, and smiling as their lips finally interlocked. It was before everything had happened, on warm June days where their only problem had been that they had to be prudent with how they displayed their relationship.

Now there wasn't even a relationship to display.    

    Jack stayed behind, walking with Robin and Nancy to avoid any more gauche interactions with Steve.

    "Oh my god," Robin groaned. "They're so adorable. I just wanna squeeze em', you know? If I'm permitted to see a silver lining in this end-of-the-world doom and gloom, it would be the kind of rekindling of old flames that never should've been snuffed out. Oh, sorry about that Jack, I know you've just gone through the opposite, so–"

    "It's fine, Robin." Jack sighed. "I forgot how far away this damn rock is,"

    "Well, why did you break up with him?" Robin attempted, ignoring Jack's trials of changing the topic at hand.  "Steve refuses to tell me anything, and I'm so, so, so interested."

    "It's not our business, Robin," Nancy said.

    "It kind of is," Robin hummed. "I've had to deal with Steve's whiney ass for the past two days! Two days Do you know what that does to a person?"

    "Yes," Jack and Nancy both replied.

    Robin snorted. "See! The three of us right now are like the Steve Harrington experts! His best friends and his two exes! So, please tell me, Jack, why did you break his heart?"

    "It's hard to explain," Jack shrugged. "It was for the best. I know it doesn't seem it now, but it will benefit Steve in the future, I did it for him."

    "And you?" Robin asked. "Does it benefit you?"

    "Um," Jack chuckled. "Well, I guess– It can if you see it in a different light... I just wanted him– I did it for him, alright? Everything I do is for him."

    "I know Steve," Nancy said. "And I don't think this benefited him, Jack. The way he looks at you, still, to this day, is nothing like the way he looked at me. He looked at me with puppy dog eyes full of adoration, he looks at you like you created the stars, and hung the moon."

    "I don't–"

    "Oh, boom!" Steve's voice echoed, interrupting Jack. "Bada bing, bada boom. There she is, Henderson. Skull Rock."

    Jack tried to disregard what Nancy had said as he followed after the two girls to Skull Rock, but it was almost hopeless. How could he stop loving Steve if Steve wouldn't stop loving him first?

AN
the last lyric of motion sickness. i'm
emotional, the next few will probably be
from other phoebe songs as well! i also
despise this chapter but it's here anyways
so.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.3K 2K 61
Harrison is head over heals for tom.
588 1 24
Being honest after lying your whole life is pretty damn hard. [stranger things end of s2 + s3] [steve harrington x female!oc] started: 092022 ended:...
1.2K 32 7
[previously titled 'portrait of a blank slate'] ❝ π˜π˜–π˜–π˜“π˜Œπ˜‹ π˜”π˜Œ π˜–π˜•π˜Šπ˜Œ π˜žπ˜π˜›π˜ π˜ π˜–π˜œπ˜™ 𝘌𝘠𝘌𝘚 π˜•π˜–π˜ž, π˜π˜–π˜•π˜Œπ˜  steve harrington becomes...
1.3K 122 7
I'm just your average guy. Full time student and part time barista. But then one day, things change. Met two guys who will change my life forever. J...